Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree317Likes
I'm having the worse time I'm so sick
    Judy3755 is offline Member

Default I'm having the worse time I'm so sick

I'm so sick what's wrong with me someone I feel like I'm dying

asp44 is offline Member

Unfortunately their isnt much to go on with your initial pist. Can you tell us a little more so we can better help you.

Randy responded to me the other day but I seam to be getting worse I just needdd someone to talk to I'm 60 years old and have been taking unperscibed methadone for 20 years and stopped taking them 5 months ago now I'm prescribed 10mg of Subutex for 5 months and I'm getting more sick everyday today has been one of the worst I'm dropping down to 8 mg of Subutex and Randy said as tapper down I should feel better but today was such a bad day I'm so so sick

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judy3755 View Post
    Randy responded to me the other day but I seam to be getting worse I just needdd someone to talk to I'm 60 years old and have been taking unperscibed methadone for 20 years and stopped taking them 5 months ago now I'm prescribed 10mg of Subutex for 5 months and I'm getting more sick everyday today has been one of the worst I'm dropping down to 8 mg of Subutex and Randy said as tapper down I should feel better but today was such a bad day I'm so so sick
    Judy -

Please don't start multiple threads. It gets so confusing to the members. All your info is on your other thread so we can have easy access to it at all times. Don't post on this thread any longer and it will disappear into the archives.

I told you it would take several days for you to begin to feel better. You're still on a very high dose of sub and you need to get that dose down. Once you do I fully believe you'll begin to feel better.

Randy
    Lvg nghtmare and Genscripts like this.

I'm not sure how to get ahold of Randy but I want to let him know I'm down to 6mg but I'm not sure where to go from her.

I'm not sure how to get ahold of Randy but I want to let him know I'm down to 6mg but I'm not sure where to go from her.
    Hi Judy -

If you continue to post right here on this thread I'll see it and respond as soon as I possibly can. Update as often as you can letting us know how you're doing.

That's great you're down to 6mg of Subutex. How are you feeling? Are you feeling any better than you were?

Randy

I can't believe how much better i feel , I'm back to work full time and I can't thank you enough, you were right about everything ! How much much more should I taper down ? Again thank you so much for your help!!
    Randy35 likes this.

I can't believe how much better i feel , I'm back to work full time and I can't thank you enough, you were right about everything ! How much much more should I taper down ? Again thank you so much for your help!!

Oh, Judy....I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling better. You just made my day!

If your goal is to be completely off the subs you should continue tapering per the plan of reducing your dose by 25% every 4-7 days, or when stable. Once you're completely stable on 6mg your next 25% drop would be to 4.5mg daily. Spend the necessary time on that dose and reduce again to 3.375mg and so on until you're down to at least .25mgefore jumping or skipping days.

Is getting off the Subutex your intention?

Randy

Yes my goal is to get off the Subutex,how do I taper down 3.375 mg it's easy when I tapered down by 2mg each time but I'm not sure how to taper down by 25%.Again thank you for all your help.

I'm feeling sick and it just started could it be because of me going down?

Yes my goal is to get off the Subutex,how do I taper down 3.375 mg it's easy when I tapered down by 2mg each time but I'm not sure how to taper down by 25%.Again thank you for all your help.
    It's not difficult to get amounts such as 3.375mg. We'll show you when you're down to that amount. Are you still on 6mg daily or have you reduced to 4.5mg?

You are saying you're now sick again? What happened? You were feeling great the other day?

Randy

I tapered at 12 mg then I went down to 10 mg then I went to 8 mg then 6 mg and I did this every 5 days do you think I'm tapering down to fast?

Randy, since I got sick again (I felt the same way I felt when I was taking 12 mg) I thought I had tapered down to fast but now I'm not sure , I went back up to taking 8 mg but I think that might be a big mistake , should I go back to 6 mg and wait a couple weeks defore I taper down to 3.75mg? I'm confused and I'm trying to work

Wavision is offline Member

Judy,

It seems you are varying your doses quite a bit and you do not want to do that.

You were taking 6mg and feeling good, correct?

You should taper 25% every 4-7 days or when you feel completely stable.

So if you are at 6mg, your taper should go like this.

4.5mg for 4-7 days or until stable
    3.3mg for 4-7 days or until stable
    2.4mg for 4-7 days or until stable
    1.8mg for 4-7 days or until stable
    1.35mg for 4-7 days or until stable
    1mg for 4-7 days or until stable
    .75mg for 4-7 days or until stable
    .56mg for 4-7 days or until stable
    .42mg for 4-7 days or until stable
    .31mg for 4-7 days or until stable
    .23mg for 4-7 days or until stable

From here you can do the skip days or continue to taper lower.

Your reductions should be a MAX of 25%. If you are having a hard time, then consider making smaller than 25% reductions.

You need to make sure you are 100% stable with no symptoms before reducing ease dose. If not, the symptoms will follow you down through your entire taper.

When you are above 1mg per day then you can choose to split your dose and dose two times a day. For example, if you are at 6mg, you can take 3mg in the morning and then 3mg 8-10 hours later for a total of 6mg.

Once you get down to 1mg and below, you should just take it in one single dose.

Make sure you take your doses at the same time every day and make sure your dose sizes are accurate.

I am currently at the end of my taper. I started at 3mg and have tapered the whole way down to .125mg. I am currently on my last skip day and my final dose will be tomorrow.

Through my entire taper, I have not missed work or any events. It is definitely doable with minimal suffering if you stick to a strict taper. You do not want to be bouncing around on different doses every day.

Drink lots of water, take a Multivitamin, DLPA AMINO acid etc.

Does this make sense?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-27-2018 at 01:56 PM.

It does make sense and I will follow the directions exactly as you sent them
    Thank you

So I when I got to 6 mg I started getting sick again could it be from tapering to fast because I was fine when I tapered from 10 mg and 8 mg but after being on 6 mg for 2 days I started getting sick again.

One more question how do a measure out 3.3 mg or 2.4 mg etc.

Do you have the 8mg strips?

I have 2 mg pills

I had the 8mg strips.

As for the pills, I believe the best way is to crush them into a fine powder and then create even piles. For example, if you need .25mg, crush the pill and divide it into 8 even piles. Each pile will be .25mg.

Is there any way you can get the 8mg strips? If so, there is a cutting guide I got that shows you exactly how to cut any size dose you need.

I just got the pills so if you can tell me to find the cutting guide that would be helpful . Again thank you

I still have a question I tapered down to 6 mg and then all out of no where I woke up sick again and have been the last couple days could it be I tapered down to fast or it because 6 mg is still to much? Except I was feeling good for a week on 6 mg

I need help because I don't know what is going on with me . I have tapered down from 12 mg to 6 mg , every 5 days I went down 2 mg and we I tapered down to 6 mg I started feeling good finally after 5 months of feeling sick. After feeling good for a week I started getting really sick again( anixety , shaking my arms hurt etc.) I thought it was because I tapered down so fast so I started taken little pieces of my Subutex pills . It did not help so for the last four days I have taken just 6 mg and I feel worse . I'm not sure if it's withdrawals or it from still taken to much Subutex ? I have taken the Subutex the same time the last four days and I have made sure I am taken exactly 6mg what am I doing wrong?

I don't know if I posting wrong because I don't seen to be getting any responses . I don't know if I should go back up to 8 mg or go down to 4.5 mg I just dont want to be sick anymore

Judy

I'm sorry, I don't know why you would feel better then so sick again.

Are you positive you were taking 6mg when you felt good and are you positive you are taking 6mg now?

Are you taking it in one single dose or splitting it 3mg in the morning and 3mg 8-10 hours later?

Are you taking it at the same time every day?

Has anything else changed at all to make you start feeling sick again?

Are you drinking tons of water?

Taking any vitamins or supplements?

Any other meds at all?

What exactly are your symptoms?

Thank you for responding, I was taking 6mg but I was taking 4 mg at night and 2 mg in the morning and I was taking them at the same time in the morning but at night i was taking 2 mg whenever I got home from work. I just started making sure I take 3 mg in the morning and 3 mg at night and I'm making sure I take both of them at the same time each day and yes I'm am taking vitamins and drinking lots of water. I am also taking ambien and gabapentin and i was feeling like I had withdrawals but I'm not sure if it was withdrawls or if it was tapering so much.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey Judy. I know for me I was feeling better when I got down around 2mg a day. Funnydrug. You definitely don't want to taper too fast and definitely split your doses evenly.but I fully believe you will continue to feel better the lower you go. Remind me are you taking suboxone or subutex?? The reason I ask is that some people, although it is a low percentage have a negative reaction to the naloxone in suboxone. Keep posting, we'll figure this out.

Beef

I'm at taking Subutex. Now I'm splitting the pills so they are exactly the same size which I wasn't doing before. Monday I'm going to tapering down to 4.5 mg I bought a pill cutter. But after that I'm not sure how to get cut them to 3.3 mg. I want to thank every body for their help , I was not sure what was going on when I got sick again when I tapered down to 6 mg I think because I was taking them at different times and just wasn't cutting the exact size I think all of that got me sick and maybe I tapered down to fast.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Ok. Bear with me here. This way is a pain in the behind. But it will be sure you get an accurate dose. Crush the pill with the back of a spoon, and divide it into piles of 1mg. (8mg subutex will give you 8 equally sized piles of 1mg.) Then you can go further, dividing those piles into .5mg and then again for .25 mg. Then you can scoop up the piles with a credit card or razor blade, place them in foil, fold them over and write the dosage on the outside with a sharpie. That way you can be certain you get the right dose. I know it seems like a real pain but you will be certain and it will ensure you get the proper dose.

Thank you!!!!

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast