• 1 Post By Iluv2smile
  • 1 Post By Little_blue
  • 1 Post By Iluv2smile
  • 1 Post By Iluv2smile
  • 2 Post By Smilingstorm
I'm new on here and need help coming off methadone
    Little_blue is offline Junior Member

Default I'm new on here and need help coming off methadone

Hey I guess I'll start by saying I was taking hydros and Percs about 15-20 pills (10 mgs ) a day. I got pregnant and got clean but i had a script the entire time I was pregnant. My OB Dr gave me a script for 7.5/325s. It was hard not to take them but I noticed my withdrawls weren't as bad while I was pregnant then they were before. Well about a year after I had her I got back on the pills. I lost my apt I lost almost everything. Well make a long story short. My daughter is 7 Now and I'm going to a methadone clinic. I've been there almost 2 years. I'm on 90 mgs of it day, I was on 95 mg but went down but after reading all the horror stories i was scared to go down to much. I have daughter to raise and a mon - Fri job. Also my dad ( who was my best friend ) just passed about 4 months of cancer. I need help and support to get.off this nasty stuff plz help.

Thanks
    Little blue
    Ming23 likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little_blue View Post
    Hey I guess I'll start by saying I was taking hydros and Percs about 15-20 pills (10 mgs ) a day. I got pregnant and got clean but i had a script the entire time I was pregnant. My OB Dr gave me a script for 7.5/325s. It was hard not to take them but I noticed my withdrawls weren't as bad while I was pregnant then they were before. Well about a year after I had her I got back on the pills. I lost my apt I lost almost everything. Well make a long story short. My daughter is 7 Now and I'm going to a methadone clinic. I've been there almost 2 years. I'm on 90 mgs of it day, I was on 95 mg but went down but after reading all the horror stories i was scared to go down to much. I have daughter to raise and a mon - Fri job. Also my dad ( who was my best friend ) just passed about 4 months of cancer. I need help and support to get.off this nasty stuff plz help.

Thanks
    Little blue
    Hello Little_blue and welcome to the forum, you are in the right place! There are some members here that have experience with getting off/tapering methadone properly, you will get some good advice and support! Just be patient because the forums are slow over the weekends. Keep your thread updated? Take care... God bless us all!

I haven't gotten any good advice yet. Hopefully I will soon. My dad waS my advice and support and he's not here anymore. I'm married with 4 step kids and one of my own, but my husband is never here for me. I'm also really really depressed.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

I haven't gotten any good advice yet. Hopefully I will soon. My dad waS my advice and support and he's not here anymore. I'm married with 4 step kids and one of my own, but my husband is never here for me. I'm also really really depressed.
    I'll post a request for Bette to stop by your thread, she has experience with methadone. Hang in there! God bless us all!

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there.
    You can get off methadone.
    If I can do it
    You can do it!

Are you planning on going to suboxone?
    Or
    Just tapering the methadone?
    I was not able to taper it because I had assess to it
    And abused it..

But if can taper it through your clinic
    They will taper you slow..
    I know it seems like it takes so long..
    But do this right
    And you never have to do it again.

They will do it so you can function..
    If I could of done it that way
    I would have I just st could not
    God know I tried.

But now over 2 years off of it !
    The best decision I ever made..
    Let us know how you plan to do it..

Once you get down to 30 mg of so you will start to feel better..

Just tell the clinic you want to go as fast as possible and you will let them know it you need to
    Slow down..
    That is whT my friend is doing here..

I will check back later
    Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-18-2016 at 10:35 PM.

Hey Iluv2smile
    I only plan to taper off the methadone. I dnt wanna get on suboxone bcuz then I'll be in this same boat again later on down the road. Anyway I'm worried that when I get down to 20-30mgs my depression is gonna get hella worse and it's pretty bad right now. And another thing is my dad just passed away about 5 months ago. He died of cancer which took him way to fast Dr said he had about a year or 2 when really he had 3 months, but when I get that low I'm afraid I'm gonna wanna get high again to try to numb all the hurt and pain from losing him. Another thing is at the clinic I go to, before anyone can go up or down on their dose the Dr has to ok it. So basically if the Dr isn't ready to lose more money coming in he wnt let you taker off so soon. And that's really sad that jes not thers to help you. I've been at that clinic for almost 2 years. I've know this other lady that goes and she's been trying to taper down to get out of there she's been there either 3-4 years and has only had 2 dirtg uas which one was the day she came in then the one after that, the rezt have been clean and the Dr told her she wasn't ready she needs to stay another year or more. I've also seen a lot of people just stop going bc the Dr wouldn't taper them off it and they just stopped cold turkey but every single one has returned also. So I'm kinda stuck on what to do. This morning when I went to take it I had the nurses out in a order for me to go down so I guess I'll let everyone know tomrw morning if the Dr let me. Anyway I'll take as much and any advice that I can on depression also. Thanks again and everyone keep positive and keep up the good work.
    Little_blue

Well I put in for the Dr to let me go down 5 mgs more but they said this morning the Dr is out for a week or so and to only call of if there's an emergency so I have to wait. Yesterday I was having bad depression and anxiety all day. I started taking this otc medicine called nerve tonic and it works for me for my anxiety when I have it. I don't have any yesterday to take tho but also I use this other medicine called hylands restful lags and it helps with the rls and helps relax your mind when your trying to fall asleep. Hopefully I can do this. I need all the support and advice I can get on here plz.

Reeray is offline Member

Hi LilBlue,

I don't know much about Methadone. Someone will come along to help you.

I do know about depression. I suffered depression since I lost my son. I lost my Dad 21/2 years ago. It has been hard without him in my life, so I know how you are feeling. I was lucky to have him until he was 80.

Depression can be really hard to beat. Maybe you should see a doctor about it. It is normal to be sad when you lose someone you love. Did you feel depressed before your Dad passed?

I try to think of all the good times I had with my Dad. I also try to keep in mind that he would not want me grieving over him. I know where he is. I will be with him and my son again someday.

It is hard sometimes. I still cry at times. Maybe you can go to a grief support group? It does help to talk about our feelings with others. I am so sorry for you.

Try to write down everyday a couple things you are grateful for. I find this helps me alot.

I am trying to get off Oxy. I have been on it a long time. Weaning has been hard because of its short half life. From what I understand, Methadone is easier to wean but is still difficult. I wish doctors could be more supportive. They just have no idea unless they have been addicted themselves and had to go off.

Hang in there Lil Blue. More people will come by to offer you advice and support.

Hey Reeray
    Yes the depression is getting worse. The good Drs down here dont like seeing you if they do you gotta pay out ro
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-22-2016 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Wasn't do with post

Reeray is offline Member

Hi Lil Blue,

Tapering down causes depression for me too. People say Saint Johns Wort is good for depression. It's over the counter, but I haven't tried it yet. I used to be on Prozac, but just sort of took it less and less and stopped. Didn't really have any withdrawal from it.

I hope you are feeling a little better. I know you really miss your Dad. My Dad was my best friend too. If it weren't for him, I don't know where I would be today. I went to visit his grave yesterday. He was a veteran, so I put a flag there. I talk to him all the time, even though he is no longer here. I guess some would call that crazy. Lol. I don't care. It helps. Sometimes, I hear his voice in my head telling me everything will be alright.

Hang in there girl. You will get through this and there will be happier days ahead.

Light and Love
    Reeray

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Thanks
    Little blue
    Hey LilBlue
    Welcome!
    As Bette says, the clinic will taper you as slowly as you like. When i was on methadone, the clinic brought me down one mg at a time. You can ask them to adjust your dose.
    Since you don't want to switch to subs, the best way is to taper the methadone. Years ago, i got down to 5 mg and jumped from there. It was ok.
    Would you be interested in that path? Otherwise, what's the options available?
    It's good that you want this change...

Hey Reeray
    Thanks for asking but I'm not doing any better. That's so weird I talk to my dad and I swear I hear his voice telling me that same thing. My husband always tells me I'm tripping tho. Ya I go to his grave almost everyday he's also a veteran. His grave his only about 3 blocks from my house so sometimes me and my daughter walk there. Maybe I'll try to get some of that saint John's wort and try it. Well talking to others that are going threw or have been threw what I'm going threw it does help. Well thanks again Reeray. One day we will all better and happier. My name on here came from my dad, everyone called him blue lol.

Little blue

Hey Ming23
    Ya in one of my other threads I was saying that the clinic I go to, the Dr has to ok you to go down so if he thinks your not ready then he wnt put the order in. And there you can go up or down but only 5 or 10 mgs. They wnt do it by mgs it's 5 or 10 only the Dr says. I had to meet with the Dr just to go down to 90 mgs from 95 mgs and he didnt wanna do that he said he thought I should be on a dose over 100 mgs bc of the tolerance I have for pain pills and bc I took them for well over 10 years. And now he's out for awhile so I had to talk to the lady in charge that's right under the Dr this morning bc I put an order in to go down 5 more mg but of course it was a no. I explained to her I wanted to taper off slowly so I could get off the methadone. So I beilve the only options I have. And yes I'm gonna need help to figure out how to do it. I have a 7 year old all the time and 3 other kids most of the time. My husband works evenings like 2 or 3 til like midnight. And a full time job Monday thru Friday 9am-5pm. And my work wnt be very supportive of me if I would need off. So I'll need some help to get on the path and and help coping with my depression too.

Thanks
    Little Blue/

Little blue.

Life can be so sad..
    I just lost my granddaughter last week..
    It sux..
    I would suggest you write your dad a letter
    Telling him all the things you meant to say..
    It is of course for you.
    But it is so much better to feel this now
    And
    Go through it..
    I have lost my dad
    And
    My 16 1/2 year old dog BooBoo and now my grand baby.
    In the last 2 years since I have been clean..

It hurts so bad .

But I would much rather deal with this now
    Rather than be numb and stuff it.

You have every right to be sad..
    Acknowledge it
    So it doesn't take you over..

You have to start doing things to get your own endorphins flowing again..
    Exercise
    Sex
    Chocolate
    Eating hot chilies
    Feeling a sense of accomplishment.
    Those little things are normal
    Little ways to start the brain working again..

All these years on opiates
    The brain stops producing endorphins .
    So now you have to help it start again.

I stopped all my anti depressant about 9 months after I got clean
    Because I wanted to do it naturally with supplements
    I take
    5 htp
    St. John's wArt
    MVi extra B in it..

The withdrawal ease advertised on here is what I took at first
    At first because it has everything you need in 2 pills
    1 for the am
    1 for pm..

I swear by it!
    Plus I think it has a money back guarantee..
    You could check it out..

Methadone caused depression in me .
    In the last year on it
    I hated everything
    Especially myself..

It can take up to 2 years to grieve the loss of your dad.
    Plus the loss of your opiates.
    Those are big losses.
    You are entitled to be sad!
    Embrace it ..
    So that it does not take you over!
    I will check back tomorrow!

You can do this.
    You will feel better
    I promise!
    But it takes time
    And
    Work!
    Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-22-2016 at 07:31 PM.
    Reeray likes this.

Yes Iluv2smile I guess your right. I would rather deal with all this without being numb bc there's gonna be other times in life when I'm gonna have to deal with something so I need to figure out now how do it. Ya maybe today I'll write him a letter. I remember abiut a year or so before we found out about my dad having the cancer that I went to him while I was withdrawaling and told him everything I needed too. He was upset at first but who wouldn't be bc now he found out both his kids were addicts just I've never been in trouble or got arrested but my older brother has been to prison twice and got kicked out of drug court and is in prison right now. So the kid he thought was doing good and that would never touch a drug just told him she's been on pain pills for over. I still remember the look of sadness and disappointment in his eyes but when I started the clinic he was very happy and supportive.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Little blue
    I am off to work today.

I hope you will be able to get out of your head today.
    Sometimes it is our worst enemy
    Especially during wds

If you could help someone else do something ?
    Anything !
    It really goes a long way to be of service to someone else.

Belive it or not there are others having hard times too.
    I know in the middle of it all we think our life sux..

It is really important to realize
    All the things that happened in our lives because of drugs.
    Instead of the things that didn't happen..
    Because for most of us.
    Those things are just
    They didn't happen yet !

Methadone helped me too for many years
    But in the end
    I was miserable..

We cannot undo the past
    But you have your whole life ahead of you..

Now your dad is at your side 24/7
    Something no mere human could do!

Bit now he is your angel
    Just as my dad is mine..

Have a good day..
    Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-23-2016 at 08:25 AM.
    Reeray likes this.

Ok so a lot many have suggested the st johns wort to me. Is there any interaction between that and the methadone. Bc then there's other people on here that say not to take it and to stay away from it. Plz someone let me know if it's ok to take with my methadone?? And does anyone have suggestion for a tapering schedule so I can seen off methadone bc this morning I was talking to the nurses and of course they say now It's up to me but Dr has to ok it. So when he gets back next Monday I'm gonna sit down and talk to him but I need ideas on some suggestions to taper???
    Thanks
    Little blue

Also I keep gaining weight ever since I started the methadone anyone have any suggestions to what I can take or do to help lose the weight beside exercise lol

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

This website's drug interaction tool says that using St. John's Wort can decrease the effect of methadone. It doesn't sound like the interaction is dangerous, just that any positive effect of the St. John's Wort might be counteracted by decline in methadone effect.

As for the weight, in addition to exercise, might try cutting out all carbs for a week and see if you have any weight loss. Yes, I said "all" and that means exactly that. That will give you the answer, then you may reintroduce small amounts of carbs until you get to the point you stop losing weight. You might be pleasantly surprised and find the depression lifts too when off carbs.

I am not sure which suggestions you read or not because there is no like or unlike
    Under the
    The many posters on your thread.

So I will keep it short ..

I lost 65 lbs once I got off methadone..
    Methadone makes people fat..
    I don't care if that is scientific facts or not.
    I saw it everyday..
    Once people are off there lives change!
    Including weight loss

Bette

I took St. John's wart on methadone..

But I did not sit around wait for a vitamin to fix me either..
    So I cannot say exactly what worked
    Because I was so sick of my life
    I changed everything!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-25-2016 at 12:37 PM.
    Reeray likes this.

Smilingstorm is offline Senior Member

I'm so confused. How did I not know you were using methadone? I've seen your posts. Bette, says it best. She was sick (literally) of her life and changed everything. I am new at all this with only 35 days clean.. But that's what it's takes.
    Iluv2smile and Reeray like this.

Smilingstorm is offline Senior Member

Ok so a lot many have suggested the st johns wort to me. Is there any interaction between that and the methadone. Bc then there's other people on here that say not to take it and to stay away from it. Plz someone let me know if it's ok to take with my methadone?? And does anyone have suggestion for a tapering schedule so I can seen off methadone bc this morning I was talking to the nurses and of course they say now It's up to me but Dr has to ok it. So when he gets back next Monday I'm gonna sit down and talk to him but I need ideas on some suggestions to taper???
    Thanks
    Little blue
    Ps. I told a pregnant woman on the boards to make sure she tells her doctors when taking St. John's. I know this for personal reasons. I have not seen any negative posted about the subject. I'm still very confused over posts.

Clean girl is offline New Member

Get off that poison and don't look back. Medical doctors have told me this week, referred methadone as liquid boy! I am on day 6 of no methadone, I quit at 15 mgs cold turkey. Enough is enough is enough! If i can do this, anyone can! Nobody is going to chain me again to,wait in a line of dosing me with poison every day! I'd rather lay Herr and suffer with the Lord, He, my friend, is stronger than ANY withdrawal! Don't feed into the hype of anyone scaring you to stay on it! You don't need it. Yes withdrawals suck but so does being chained to a devil's liquid clinic everyday of your life. Live out the rest of your days as the REAL YOU! BEST OF LUCK :-)