I'm quitting tabs and all the other names associated with these pills
    Itstimetoquitit is offline New Member

Default I'm quitting tabs and all the other names associated with these pills

Hi, I've been abusing pills for years and just got to a point where I realized I wasn't getting hi anymore but rather just taking them everyday. Sometimes extra on bad days at work. I don't want to take more, I don't want to pay the street cost either! I have many left. ..a weeks worth more or less. I'm ready to quit! It's been about 7 a day for 5yrs. And just recently I feel like I need more to get over anxiety or to get a euphoric feeling. I'm ready to quit! Any suggestions or just someone to be there would be great!

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Itstimetoquitit View Post
    Hi, I've been abusing pills for years and just got to a point where I realized I wasn't getting hi anymore but rather just taking them everyday. Sometimes extra on bad days at work. I don't want to take more, I don't want to pay the street cost either! I have many left. ..a weeks worth more or less. I'm ready to quit! It's been about 7 a day for 5yrs. And just recently I feel like I need more to get over anxiety or to get a euphoric feeling. I'm ready to quit! Any suggestions or just someone to be there would be great!
    Welcome!

You are taking 5-7 tabs a day...of what and what strength? If they are 5mg or even 10mg tablets, I would strongly urge you to get stocked up on items from the Thomas Recipe (you can find that here) that is a list of vitamins and supplements and stop cold turkey. You'll be in for around 5 days of flu like symptoms with a dash of anxiety. You could also taper but if you only have a week's supply left, you won't have enough to make much of a difference before you run out and you'll be somewhat uncomfortable anyway. Tapering takes a determination that I never had for sure. It's too easy to cave and take just one extra because you need some relief from the symptoms. It's hard. Not impossible but in my opinion harder than just quitting cold turkey. I was much better off being sick for those few days and getting on with my recovery.

Cold turkey is scary but totally doable. It's the mental games that will play on you just before and while you are detoxing that just make things worse. Let us know what daily dose you're taking and of what and we can let you know what to expect. You can do this and you most definitely won't be sorry. Let us know what you want to do and there are plenty of folks here who will support you and let you know what to expect.

Peace,

Cat

Nolongerfooled is offline Junior Member

I have been of opiates 8 days now and I can tell you I am so glad. The hardest part by far is making the decision and sticking to it. There will be physical symptoms that are miserable but you can do it. The good people on this board have supported me the entire way and we will do it for you. I don't know what you have been taking, but I went from 60mg morphine sulfate to 30 mg then to norco 7.5 at a taper of 2/day for four days then one a day for four days then I stopped. Good luck and keep posting.

zebra1961 is offline Member

Default If your ready

You'll get through this use Thomas recipe,hot soaks for the physical parts exercise hard if you can and that really helps with the mental part. I had been on opiates for ten years. 66 days clean now every aspect of life has improved dramatically, first week was a little rough but everything improved every day some days you might feel like you are going backwards but your not its part of the healing process it takes time but better days ahead i promise DONT GO BACK you can do this just like we did HANG TOUGH I was where you are 66 or so days ago now, reading about others who were off 50 or 60 days and i wanted that now i am here and if i can do it i know you can keep us posted hope this helps others helped me more than they will every know, Thanks everyone i feel i finally whipped my addiction I AM PROOF you can whip yours praying for you sorry blabbing so much.