Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By melindau
  • 1 Post By Fireshadow190
It's 4 am, why am I awake? I've been clean for 2 weeks but can't sleep at night.

Default It's 4 am, why am I awake? I've been clean for 2 weeks but can't sleep at night.

I've been off of subs and opiates now for two full weeks.

I still can't get a good nights rest and then end up wanting to nap all day long. At night, I toss and turn all night and wake up every hour if not more frequent. It seems as though I just cannot turn my brain off and get comfortable.

How long does this last for? I need my sleep!

melindau is offline Member

It takes a while but it will come back...I walked around like a zombie for a while and made myself stay awake during the day...your so close hang in there and let us know how you are doing!
    Melinda
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Fireshadow190 is offline Junior Member

[QUOTE=1day-at-a-time;443189]I've been off of subs and opiates now for two full weeks.

I still can't get a good nights rest and then end up wanting to nap all day long. At night, I toss and turn all night and wake up every hour if not more frequent. It seems as though I just cannot turn my brain off and get comfortable.

DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!!! Tell yourself that a little sleep is better than being chained to pills! It gets better. Each night it gets better because your body is purging all of the toxins you have been giving it.

It may not seem like it will ever "be normal again" but you will. You will sleep, sleep in, and sleep well. You're only two weeks in. My assumption is your addiction was longer so just suck it up and keep on pushing forward. If you get a few good nights of sleep in don't let your guard down. Recovery is a marathon, not a sprint. YOU HAVE GOT THIS!!!!
    1day-at-a-time likes this.

gottidog is offline Junior Member

I can't speak to how long it will take and neither can anyone else because everyone is different. I can tell you that i am also on day 14 and i have been taking Benadryl(1) at night for the past 3 nights and i've slept 6-7 hours. Try melatonin or benadryl and see if that helps you get through this time. (Was on methadone for 6 years and suboxone 3-4 months until jumping CT 14 days ago)

NeedLifeBack is offline New Member

I have similar problems. No energy and lack of sleep when off meds, then I sleep in daytime after days of not sleeping. I think time is all that will help and maybe a Dr can help with sleep aids if it doesn't get better.