Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By longtimeonsubs
its time to quit..."subs"
    longtimeonsubs is offline New Member

Default its time to quit..."subs"

Hello to everyone.
    im making this thread to help myself get through these wd's I know that are coming. I know its going to be hell for about a week and start to tapper away. That I know, but heres where I need some help. Any advice on things I could take to help maybe speed this up? Im going to try and stay very active this time because I know that helps from experience.

I've been an addict since I was 16 im 26 now and been on a suboxone program for 14 months. I was down to 4mg a day when I got some horrible news and decided to take way more then i should have just to get high. That being said i want these evil little orange strips out of my life like everything els i removed. Enough is enough. I want to post here daily just to have more of a motivation not to go back. I read about 100 stories here now and i wanna be the next one to kick the subs out. I wish there was maybe a detox drink or vitamin thing to help speed up the process. So not to make this first post to long, this is 24 hours after my last dose and im going to make it my LAST dose. I will check back in tomarow. Hope to see some good advice! Ty

Day 2 48+hours since last dose. Feeling fine still got restless legs loss of appetite feel kinda cold and noticing some muscle pain (lower back). Im gessing tomarow will be when it gets to be really fun... going to buy some vitamins tomarow. I would have got some xanax if I wernt on probation and constantly given a U.A. But atleast I can say im sticking to it. Im kinda nervus to talk to my doctor because I havnt told him im tring to quit. He seems do want me to be on them for a long time. He just finaly last visit suggested lowering my dose and it was a very smal amount he went down. Ill check back in tomarow

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Welcome longtime....Yeah ....Those Sub Doctors don't want YOU to quit!!! That's there only patients...Most of them anyway....It's all about $$$$ for them....As far as I have Heard and Been through Myself...They Just don't care about US...It's all about keeping people coming into their office at least once every three months....and I've heard....many....It's once a Month!! What a Racket!! I Hate Suboxone Doctors....But that's just MY opinion....I know there are people on here....who I respect Greatly....that did subs the right way....and if done the right way....which is supposed to be Short term....they can save lives....But My Doctor had Me on High Doses....For over 3 YEARS!! That....My Friend ...Is not how they are supposed to be used!! Keep Doing what your doing...Posting your feelings and such...I'm sure More people will jump on here with advice and Support...Stay Strong Just For Today!!

c1220 is offline New Member

Hi, i am really freaking out but i am so tired of taking subs! I just want to be done with all this..i am terrified of the w/d's cause i work so much and dont want anyone to think there's something up with me! I really appreciate all the posts though..gives me a little hope

Best of luck! I have been on subs for 5 years now..pls keep me posted on how things are going..i am going to attempt tapering down but im terrified!

rr6672 is offline New Member

Hi , I was on sub for 2 years and recently went to 2 mg and then decided I am done so I took 1 mg first week then weened to 1/2 then 1/4 then none.. I thought I was doing great UNTIL the day after ! I had none left and now have been going through terrible terrible withdrawels for 7 days!! I missed work all week because I cannot function ! I am so weak , so cold , have no energy . It even hurts my leg muscles when I walk up the stairs in my house .. I am used to having so much energy and now I am mush..

Omg! Thats what my biggest fear is..i cant miss work..i take 2 8mg a day and feel like i have no energy..damned if i do, damned if i don't is how i feel

purebound is offline New Member

Hi there-
    your post caught my eye because 5 years to the month I got off of suboxone and it was the hardest thing I've ever done.... I've been off ever since and have not abused opiates at all.

My detox almost took me down... I had serious WDs for about two weeks (involving two trips to the ER) and another week of lethargy and feeling depressed. Every day seemed like it was an eternity and the only way I got through it was having a very supportive family...I took short term disability from work with a made up surgery so I could take the pressure off anything else and focus on getting my life back.

I tapered red down to half of a quarter of the orange tab (it's been so long I can't remember how many mgs that is) and it was still excruciating. I had been on it for a year, trying twice to cold turkey.

To get through, I took four to five baths a day, had hot damp towels ever my head and eyes constantly, had clonidine and a small amount of klonopin in the evenings as to avoid getting hooked on that. I had a ton of high quality supplement and fish oils and in the third eek forced myself back into yoga and working out. I watched tons of uplifting sitcoms and was obsessed with this forum and the stories and support of others.

The other thing I did during the roughest time (and this sounds absolutely weird but I swear it got me through the pain) was to have multiple orgasms a day. Not kidding. Afterwards, tt would buy me eight to 10 mins of not wanting to die, so I did it as often as I could- my husband was happy.

There is beautiful life after subs. In my opinion, it is the worst drug and takes the longest to get off. You have to have a ton of strength and imagination, as well as some humor to get you through. You can do it though. Life on subs is no way to live...and once you start to "feel" again and be filled with genuine laughter and tears, you'll never want to go back.

Strength and healing vibes to you and everyone else going though this. Now go get your life back...and maybe an orgasm or two

XXxo

Thank u for responding...i wish i could take time off of work..i really appreciate your story..seems like i have lost the want for a lot in life and that is not who i am..i will keep posting on my progress or lack of

I have no doubt my husband would love that! Its worth a shot..i just worry that i wont even want to do that with my skin crawling n all

Well im back and sry I dint respond soon I dint notice the attention this thread got. And ty to every one.
    now for an update.... I feel incredibly tired but can not sleep. Maybe an hour or two of tossing in my bed chair couch or floor. What ever I can get a bit of sleep in. I ache less so thats a plus. I have no problem eating but if I dont get sleep soon idk what ill do. I dont wanna go to the er but if its my only option ill end up there. Im back at work too and that just makes life hell. If I could just get a little sleep it would make all the difference I think.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there
    Congratulation!

Have you tried Valarian root or melatonin?
    I take 50 mg Benadryl and 1 tab of melatonin ..
    I know Benadryl doesn't work for everybody..
    When I was out of Benadryl
    I would take
    1 Valarian root tab and 1 melatonin.

I know not sleeping sux..
    Take care
    Bette

Hats off to u for working!!!! Im scared cuz i have such a busy schedule n i use that as a crutch...im really worried about the sleepless nights..i have a 6month old and i am a salaried employee so it can be 12-13hrs before i go home idk if i can manage that! Your posts r reassuring though please keep updating on how u r doing and i will do the same

PureLife is offline New Member

Hi Longtime,
    Reading your posts bring me back to my painful days of w/ds six years ago. You're in too deep to go back now, - you're closer to the end than you realize. A few ideas that may help:

I know your work situation is busy, but if you have to miss another day, you're probably not going to lose your job- especially if you go the the ER, they can write you a note.

I'm sure the last thing you want to do is got to the ER during my detox, but I was so glad I did. The physician wrote a script for clonidine (hypertension med that really helped me with a variety of uncomfortable symptoms) and phenergan for nausea (makes you a little tired too, so that helped with my sleep)...that was a turning point for me with the w/ds and it was a week or so into my detox- I wish I had gone sooner.

Good luck and keep us posted. Life after subs is worth the pain you have now- PROMISE!

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-12-2015 at 08:57 PM.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Congratulations!
    Life is better..
    I am happy you got the clonidine..
    It does help..

Life is amazing..
    It was and still is like a new experience feelings..
    Even sadness is ok..
    It tells me I am not numb anymore..
    I love to laugh now..
    Feels so good ..
    Like a rush of endorphins..
    It helps heal our brains faster
    Sex
    Eating hot chili pepper
    Chocolate..

All the things that create a feeling in us helps the endorphins to start flowing again!
    There is life after sub..
    Thank you for sharing your story!
    Bette

Nyuguy is offline New Member

I have been on subs for almost 2 years now. Very very small dose. I have no interest to ever take perks again in my life.
    I tried once to stop subs with perks but I ended up having to take soa my to not be sick i said screw thay and went back to subs. (I can take subs twice a day) again im not interested in pills anymore.
    I have no clue how I am going to stop taking subs Wd are not a option i work fulltime semi physically.
    I am more prepared now then I was since. I since got a prescription of zanex.
    I want to try to quit again. I was cut off by doctor after a year and a half I have just been buying them since off people. I only need one a week so it isn't bad but still enough is enough.

I would like to hear a zero Wd method. Weather it requires other opiates or not. I know I have to get my self back on pills for a few months then sub for the right amount of time (1 week if that) and do it that way

I want to avoid that whole 2 month taking pills 5 times a day thing if possible

Hi, i want to say thx to all for ur posts..i am feeling hopeless because i have been prolonging the inevitable with the wds...i know it has to happen but fear my work will be able to tell something is wrong..i have a 16yr old,6yr old and a 6month old preemie at home too and fear i will not be able to be the mom i need to be for them but so want my life back! I willcheck in with you all from time to time...thx again for posting your troubles and success with life after subs

katmarty is offline New Member

Im just wondering how it went,im on 28 mg subutex and ready to quit also and ive been on them for almost 2 years and i know u really have to go slow in tapering or u will go into withdraw, im scared to start,but i know its time