Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Jumping from 2mg suboxone
    Bwaldridge03 is offline Member

Let me try to lay out the symptoms I’m still having without the big long ramble...still blowing my nose all day long, coughing stuff up, sleep is still rough but better, energy is better but not 100%, still have diarrhea, appetite is back on full force! I ate 3 plates of pot roast potatoes carrots last night for supper and a bowl of cereal! Most of the aches are gone although last night my lower back was hurting but I was sitting on the couch a lot watching tv for the first time. Still restless and irrritable sometimes. Anxiety isn’t as bad but still lingering. Anyone who is in the beginning stages of this I know you’ve prob read this everywhere but it’s true....eat healthy as possible, exercise get out and walk run work whatever you can to get your blood flowing. I’m telling you it makes a world of difference. Drink lots of water. I had to work everyday through this but I felt like being around people helped too. Talking to people. Laughing talking cutting up. Music! Driving and turning the radio on. When I was on suboxone I never listened to the radio now I listen to music almost all day long! It’s been a long two weeks for me but it’s doable. It’s nothing like h or oxy or full on opiates where the wd is so intense it almost forces you to go out looking for that relief. It’s just long drawn out and annoying. Just know everyday it gets a little better.
    WifeMotherSister likes this.

That is so funny! When I got off of it, I also found myself listening to the radio and singing along. I started having memories from songs that I completely forgot about! so crazy how we lived in a fog and never knew. It gets better. keep pushing. 4/19 will be 2 months since I jumped and I feel great! not good. great!

Quote Originally Posted by WifeMotherSister View Post
    That is so funny! When I got off of it, I also found myself listening to the radio and singing along. I started having memories from songs that I completely forgot about! so crazy how we lived in a fog and never knew. It gets better. keep pushing. 4/19 will be 2 months since I jumped and I feel great! not good. great!
    That’s so awesome! 2 months seems like forever maybe cuz these past 2 weeks have felt forever! How long were you on it and where did you jump from?

Day 15....only slept about 5 hours last night. I tried sleeping without taking any melatonin or anything. Now I kinda wish I took it because I woke up at 4:45am and I work 2nd shift. It’s gonna be a long day for sure! But I did sleep 5 straight hours without waking up which is good I guess. Anyway yesterday wasn’t much different than the day before I didn’t feel any better or any worse I still don’t feel clear headed but it’s only been 2 weeks. My stomach was hurting pretty bad most of the morning yesterday I assumed cuz I ate so much the night before. Still have diarrhea. Still blowing my nose which is so sore. I bet I’ve went through numerous rolls of toilet paper and Kleenex. Sneezing. Coughing. Aches are basically gone. I had a little bit of a headache yesterday took ibuprofen and it helped. My energy has def improved. The first week I was taking numerous breaks at work I had to sit down a lot and now I barely sit at all. Sometimes it’s a struggle but I push through I get plenty of exercise at work. I think working through all of this def helped me get through it quicker. Staying busy, moving around, talking to people, trying to eat healthy most of the time and drinking mostly water throughout the day. I don’t feel much different this morning other than my stomach isn’t hurting at the moment. I’m a little tired from waking up so early. I almost dread night time anymore because I know it’s such a challenge getting sleep. If I’m desperate I take melatonin. Sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn’t. But I been trying to do all this with as little medication as possible. I know a lot of people say take this and that supplement but honestly you really don’t need it as long as you eat healthy, drink lots of water, maybe take a multivitamin that’s all I’ve done, and keep yourself moving keep yourself busy. Get some sun get outdoors exercise. Idk maybe I’m one of the lucky ones where the withdrawals hit me right away and left me even quicker. Don’t believe all the horror stories. I was on 16mg for 4 years. Tapered down to 2mg over a 5 month period and jumped. It wasn’t that bad. Now I wouldn’t recommend jumping from 2 but I was clueless about tapering and withdrawal before I jumped. It wasn’t until after the fact that I realized 2mg was still a high jump point. If you can get down to .25 before jumping then do it. Some people can’t though. I was just ready to get it over with. If that was my plan I’d prob still be doing it today but instead i been clean 15 days now. Also watching online videos about it and reading forums really helped me get through too. Seeing all the success stories really helps. I been reading and watching videos every single day just so I know what to expect see what other people went through and compare to myself. I’m gonna try to keep posting everyday even if I don’t feel any different I will still post just to give you all an idea of what to expect I know everyone withdrawals from this differently but this is my story and I hope it helps someone cuz I know these kind of things helped me when I was in the first starting out. Good luck and let god show you the way.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaldridge03 View Post
    Day 15....only slept about 5 hours last night. I tried sleeping without taking any melatonin or anything. Now I kinda wish I took it because I woke up at 4:45am and I work 2nd shift. It’s gonna be a long day for sure! But I did sleep 5 straight hours without waking up which is good I guess. Anyway yesterday wasn’t much different than the day before I didn’t feel any better or any worse I still don’t feel clear headed but it’s only been 2 weeks. My stomach was hurting pretty bad most of the morning yesterday I assumed cuz I ate so much the night before. Still have diarrhea. Still blowing my nose which is so sore. I bet I’ve went through numerous rolls of toilet paper and Kleenex. Sneezing. Coughing. Aches are basically gone. I had a little bit of a headache yesterday took ibuprofen and it helped. My energy has def improved. The first week I was taking numerous breaks at work I had to sit down a lot and now I barely sit at all. Sometimes it’s a struggle but I push through I get plenty of exercise at work. I think working through all of this def helped me get through it quicker. Staying busy, moving around, talking to people, trying to eat healthy most of the time and drinking mostly water throughout the day. I don’t feel much different this morning other than my stomach isn’t hurting at the moment. I’m a little tired from waking up so early. I almost dread night time anymore because I know it’s such a challenge getting sleep. If I’m desperate I take melatonin. Sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn’t. But I been trying to do all this with as little medication as possible. I know a lot of people say take this and that supplement but honestly you really don’t need it as long as you eat healthy, drink lots of water, maybe take a multivitamin that’s all I’ve done, and keep yourself moving keep yourself busy. Get some sun get outdoors exercise. Idk maybe I’m one of the lucky ones where the withdrawals hit me right away and left me even quicker. Don’t believe all the horror stories. I was on 16mg for 4 years. Tapered down to 2mg over a 5 month period and jumped. It wasn’t that bad. Now I wouldn’t recommend jumping from 2 but I was clueless about tapering and withdrawal before I jumped. It wasn’t until after the fact that I realized 2mg was still a high jump point. If you can get down to .25 before jumping then do it. Some people can’t though. I was just ready to get it over with. If that was my plan I’d prob still be doing it today but instead i been clean 15 days now. Also watching online videos about it and reading forums really helped me get through too. Seeing all the success stories really helps. I been reading and watching videos every single day just so I know what to expect see what other people went through and compare to myself. I’m gonna try to keep posting everyday even if I don’t feel any different I will still post just to give you all an idea of what to expect I know everyone withdrawals from this differently but this is my story and I hope it helps someone cuz I know these kind of things helped me when I was in the first starting out. Good luck and let god show you the way.

I would say that you are definitely one of the lucky ones for sure! I've been around these forums here for over three years and I've seen many people jump from less than you did and have way more severe withdrawal symptoms that lasted many weeks and in some cases months on end! I'm currently on subs and although my taper has been far from perfect I will continue to go all the way down to .125mg or less before I make the jump!

You are doing great! Keep on keepin on! Take care... God bless us all!

Idk why it came and gone so quickly. Idk what I done differently than anyone else. Maybe it’s cuz I forced myself to work through it. Getting exercise 8 hours a day being at work. For all I know I could get to day 20 and it hit me all over again. I just expected the worse and hoped for the best. What I fear is paws. Idk how common it is. I’m just afraid since I was on it for so long I’m def gonna have paws. Maybe not. Could I get lucky twice? How common is paws?

Good morning everybody. Day 16 is just beginning and I feel so drowsy this morning I didn’t really wanna get up for once but my wife and kid will be up soon so I needed too. But this is the first time I’ve woke up and actually felt like I could fall right back asleep. Slept almost 7 straight hours last night without any melatonin or anything. I had a long day yesterday though up 20 hours. Yesterday evening was rough getting through work my legs felt like jello I felt so weak I hate waking up early when I work 2nd shift my sleep schedule is so screwed up now. My runny nose is basically gone but I been coughing a lot clearing my throat coughing stuff up out of my chest. Still have diarrhea. Only once maybe twice at the most per day. I thought by now my stomach would start clearing up but it could also be cuz my body isn’t use to eating so many healthy things I eat a lot of salad and fruit now and I use to never eat that. Most of my physical symptoms are gone. For the most part I feel pretty good physically. Mentally I still don’t feel “normal” I haven’t really had any rushes of pleasure or I know some people talk about how everything starts looking brighter crisper smells like all your senses coming back well I haven’t really expiereinced that yet. I still kinda fell clouded in my head. Don’t get me wrong I fell amazing compared to the first week but I haven’t really had like a “wow” moment yet like what have I been missing. I been on drugs for a lot of years and suboxone for 4+ years so I’m sure it’s jist gonna take time. It’s prob gonna take a long time for my brain to heal and figure out how to produce these natural chemicals I need in order to feel these things. I’m just real inpatient lol....I just remember how I use to be when I was a kid and late teens early 20s before drugs that’s what I’m shooting for that’s what I want back. Feelings of pleasure happiness from everyday things. I wasted most of my 20s and half my 30s chasing the drug. It sucks!! But it’s time for the next chapter of my life to begin. Goodbye drugs hello sobriety!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    I would say that you are definitely one of the lucky ones for sure! I've been around these forums here for over three years and I've seen many people jump from less than you did and have way more severe withdrawal symptoms that lasted many weeks and in some cases months on end! I'm currently on subs and although my taper has been far from perfect I will continue to go all the way down to .125mg or less before I make the jump!

You are doing great! Keep on keepin on! Take care... God bless us all!
    I had no idea you were on subs. What mg have you been on and what are you currently on and how long?

How common is paws? Is it rare or does it happen to most people? I’m hoping since I get through the Acute stage quickly maybe I’ll get lucky and not have it. But I’m afraid the length of time I been stuff may be a problem. I’m just nervous cuz idk what to expect and I’ve already put my family through enough I just don’t want them to have deal with this for months possibly years. I’ve tried researching how common paws is but can’t find much

Beefaroni7272 is offline Platinum Member

Hello and welcome! You should be very proud of what you have accomplished thus far. Subs are a real beast!! I've been lurking and keeping up with your story. You have been getting solid information from Ricky and others so I haven't felt the need to jump in. But seriously... Congratulations. 2mg is a lot to jump from. But it is doable. I jumped from 1mg and suffered for around a month and a half before i got back to normalish. Yesterday I celebrated 19 months clean!! So it can be done. And trust me it is so much better on this side of the fence.

PAWS. From everything I've picked up from this site and reading I hear that only about 5% of people get PAWS. So don't worry about it now. If it does happen it will be down the road quite a ways. Right now just focus on you. Take this one day at a time. You will continue to have good days and bad days for a while. You may hit a few road blocks but you may not. The shoe may never drop and you may just continue to get better. Take it in stride as it comes just like you have been doing.

Keep up the good work and stay with it!! You're doing amazing and I'm proud of you!!
    Have a great night
    Beef

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Hello and welcome! You should be very proud of what you have accomplished thus far. Subs are a real beast!! I've been lurking and keeping up with your story. You have been getting solid information from Ricky and others so I haven't felt the need to jump in. But seriously... Congratulations. 2mg is a lot to jump from. But it is doable. I jumped from 1mg and suffered for around a month and a half before i got back to normalish. Yesterday I celebrated 19 months clean!! So it can be done. And trust me it is so much better on this side of the fence.

PAWS. From everything I've picked up from this site and reading I hear that only about 5% of people get PAWS. So don't worry about it now. If it does happen it will be down the road quite a ways. Right now just focus on you. Take this one day at a time. You will continue to have good days and bad days for a while. You may hit a few road blocks but you may not. The shoe may never drop and you may just continue to get better. Take it in stride as it comes just like you have been doing.

Keep up the good work and stay with it!! You're doing amazing and I'm proud of you!!
    Have a great night
    Beef
    Thanks beef it feels good to have positive feedback and encouragement like that. And that makes me feel a lot better about paws too. I couldn’t find anything about it online really about the rarity of it. I read your story too when I first started in with this honestly it kinda had me worried cuz it seemed like yours went on for awhile. I must have gotten lucky I suppose. Maybe working everyday through it helped me I have no idea. I thought for sure I was in for it. 19 months is freakin awesome it’s people like you who give us hope and give us something to look forward to and stories like yours really helped me get through the most difficult times.

I guess I should do a quick update while I’m here and on break. It’s the end of day 16 and I felt pretty good most of the day. I still get a little irritable sometimes but it seems like when I get a decent amount of sleep 6+ hours which is rare like I feel pretty good that day. I know it’s only been 16 days I’m gonna have bad days but considering where I was that first week I’ve come a long way. It feels good not to have to depend on sub anymore. I know this isn’t much of an update but Day 16 was a good day!

Well I’ve made it to day 17. This is definitely the longest I been sober in over 10 years. It feels good. I slept so good last night I could have slept even longer this morning but the wife had to go to work and our kid got up but dang it feels good to actually sleep solid through the night for almost 8 hours. I feel so good this morning. It’s like the more sleep I get the better I feel that day. I been coughing a lot hopefully it’s just lingering symptoms and not me getting sick cuz my immune system is weak. I prob shoulda been taking vitamin c daily but I wanted to take as little as possible throughout this. So I stuck with one a day vitamin and only melatonin 2-3 times. My runny nose is def gone. Aches are gone. Still a little weak while I’m at work sometimes it could be where I’m waking up so early everyday. I work 2nd shift but I’m waking up before dawn most days. I’ll wear down then I’ll eat a sucker or eat something healthy and get a little boost for awhile. I honestly believe working every single day being on my feet most of the night walking miles around that place and eating good has helped me get through this way faster than most people. Eating good nutrious food and exercise are key during this process. Everyday seems a little bit better. Creeping up on 3 weeks before I know it it’ll be 3months. I haven’t had a single craving for anything this whole time. Which is really weird I thought for sure I woulda had one by now. I use to keep the strips in my wallet so now every time I go for my wallet I think about it but it doesn’t bother me too much. Just makes me think about it for a split second. I don’t think that’s really a craving though. I still feel a little clouded in my head idk how to explain it I feel like my mind is stuck in the same gear all day long. One mood. I’m sure my brain is trying to figure out what to do how to produce these natural chemicals on its own. Rewire itself. I feel good don’t get me wrong but still not where I think I should be.
    WifeMotherSister likes this.

jedie50 is offline Banned

Dude! I'm cheering for you! Drugs steal our lives a little piece at a time. It has been my master for far too long. I think you are right where you need to be and doing Great! Keep moving forward. Make a plan for what you can do if you feel vunerable. Confide in someone.. Run. For your life of you have to. I think at this point you have Your Choice back. Drugs are no longer in control you are responsible for it from here on out. That has got to be a great feeling! Be well. Much Peace of mind.

Hey B,

Sorry about my absence, my girlfriend and I bought a house and closed on Monday so long story short i’ve been very busy this week! I’ve caught up on your thread and you sound like a champ. Slowly starting to get your sleep back and kicking withdrawal symptoms one at a time. Awesome work!

I totally understand about the fog, mind/body connection.. this is only your brain trying to learn how to fire off those neurons without opioids. Keep eating heatlhy and staying active and in a week or two you should really start to see some improvement. Im cheering for you so hard, brother

Thanks for the positive encouragement. It means a lot having people to talk to who know exactly what you’re going through. My wife kinda understands but I don’t think she really realizes how long of a process this is. I know how it is I closed on my house last June no worries pantom...

Anyway this is Day 18 yesterday was a good day. I felt like I had all my energy back or at least 95%. I slept great 2 nights in a row then last night kinda sucked. I slept maybe 4 straight hours then off and on until about 7am. I guess it was to be expected. It’s better than nothing. I’m kinda tired this morning, still coughing, sneezing, diarrhea usually once a day now I get a lot of headaches usually before I go to work idk if that is something lingering or maybe only when I skip breakfast I haven’t paid that close attention. It’s been a long 18 days. I’m just ready to get past this and start my next chapter of my life. I still haven’t had any cravings idk if I ever will. It helps staying busy working everyday and it especially helps that I cut all those people loose a long long time ago who knew how to get this and that drug. Even if I wanted it I couldn’t get it. That helps a lot. I was reading someone else story on here who jumped from the same mg as me. In one of his post after being clean about 6 months he said it’s hard to remember the pain the drug caused after being clean for so long. It’s easy to forget which to me means it would be very easy to relapse. I don’t think I could ever forget the things I’ve done. Anyway everyday is a tiny bit better some days you might feel as if you took a step backwards but it will pass and things will get better.

Hey B glad you're doing g so well. Take it from me faulty memory is a classic attribute of us addicts. We can seldom recall with sufficient forces the memory of the suffering we endured that strong enough on its own to guard is against the next ( add drug of choice here) It takes constant vigilance and developing g a way of life and a support structure of some kind. You need to build yourself a supernatural suit of armour. What that armour consist of is up to you Peace Friend. Lead the way.

J

Day 19. I’ve noticed after you get past a certain point there isn’t much to update day by a day anymore. I basically feel about the same as yesterday and the day before although I slept decent last night. Still waking up early which kinda sucks. I live in Indiana a couple days ago it was near 80 degrees now they’re talking snow chance. Yesterday it rained all day and it was cold. If I don’t get sick it’ll be a miracle. I still don’t feel “normal” in my head. I don’t get random feelings of pleasure and happiness yet. I’m sure that’ll start coming by the 30 day mark in small patches. My brain is prob so lost right now. Trying to think but nothing’s happening lol...I been lucky up to this point. I got through withdrawal rather quickly, no depression, no cravings, a little anxiety sometimes and irritability, insomnia, and energy are about all I have left. Although my energy has improved a lot still not 100% but at least 75%

10years39days is offline Member

Just wanted to poke my head in and say a few things:

1) Congratulations! Each day is a milestone for you! The decision that you made to stop Suboxone and live a sober life...it will have a lasting and meaningful impact for you and your family. Seriously, good job.

2) I’ve been clean for 16 months. I’m still sneezing regularly. Nose is running more than before the jump, but it has slowly gotten better. If you can, on the bad days, take a Sudafed and get some relief.

3) Liquid Imodium for the win. Diarrhea doesn’t need to happen. Just swig some of that green goddess and get some relief.

4) For me, honestly, my brain still hasn’t fully healed. But even on days when I’m struggling emotionally, it is so much better than my best day on Suboxone. For now, my brain is re-learning how to feel and express emotions in a natural way.

5) Take the good days. Take the bad days. For now, don’t look too far ahead. Just take everything as it comes to you. It can be really easy to over analyze...waiting for the shoe to drop, as Beef put it.

6) Keep on posting! I’ve probably gone back and re-read my thread more than a hundred times. It’s cathartic...and the thread serves as a symbol of your daily accomplishment.

Even though I don’t post very often anymore, I still feel accomplished with each clean day. Each day is equally as important as the last.

7) Sorry to hear that you’ve been feeling irritable and short with the wife and kiddo. It’s normal. Be patient with yourself...and go out of your way to show your wife that you are thankful for her patience and support. A little will go a long way. As for the kiddo...I know it’s hard right now, and it probably won’t be normal for a while. Just do your best and don’t be too hard on yourself. Your brain is very confused right now, and unfortunately your family will feel it most directly. But when you’re feeling good, bust out the toys and get some play time in.

8) I know it’s nearly impossible, but try not to compare your situation to others. In the beginning, like the first month, I worried that I would have prolonged sleep issues like the way Beef did. All of that worrying was useless.

You are killing it! Take ownership of each day and keep stepping in the right direction.

B! I hear you on the weather. It is killing me. Cold frigging rain mixed with snow here in NW Ohio. Can't get warm. I think I'm over the hump tho. Rough restless night and I feel like a ring out dish towel but much calmer body\ mind this AM. No whole body craving for a quick fix. Thank the maker. Weather is a huge factor sometimes but there is warm weather and sunshine in sight. Keep moving forward.
    Peace
    J

10 years thanks for the advice. Congrats on 16 months too thats freakin awesome! Jed I’m about ready to move to Florida. Being 80 one day then 30s two days later with chance of snow is ridiculous now it’s suppose to be in the 70s again.

Day 20! Happy Easter everybody! I slept awesome again last night but still waking up super early maybe I’m just getting old I know older people like waking up before dawn lol....I mean I’m 34 pushing 40. Anyway I woke up feeling kinda sick like anxiety sickness. I threw up almost immediately. One thing about me is when my anxiety is bad it makes me sick. Now I feel fine. I thought the anxiety was about gone but I guess not it snuck back up on me. I have a busy day today so I hope it isn’t gonna be like that all day. This is gonna be a real test for me today. First off I’m going to church I know it’s going to be a packed house Easter Sunday. Then they’re having an Easter egg hunt afterwards. Then we got to go to my parents. I haven’t been around them since I been sober. Then we gotta go to her family. It’s really going to test me today. My anxiety will probably be through the roof. I just hope I have a good day today. Waking up sick is not a good start. I just need to try to relax and push through it. Just makes me nervous. Anyway I hope everyone has a good sober Easter!

I just wanted to update everybody on how my day went. Woke with with crazy anxiety and kinda freaking out about everything I was going to have to do today. When we finally got going though the anxiety eased up a bit. It wasn’t one of my best days I just felt really draggy today like I was tired almost all day. It was a good day though I’m glad I did it. Spent time with my family and hers and made it to church for the 3rd weekend in a row. I’m proud of myself I guess. It was tough though. I know it’ll get easier. This was my first big test getting around family and friends like that without suboxone. I’m in bed now tomorrow will be exactly 3 weeks since my last 2mg of suboxone. I never woulda thought I could go 3 weeks without anything. If I can do it anyone can!

One thing I wanted to add is it seems like when I sit around for long periods of time like today sitting in the car, sitting in church, sitting at mom and dads, sitting at her family I get extremely tired! When I’m up moving around and doing something I feel a lot better. That’s why I think working through all this helped me get through it quicker.
    Melinda-1 likes this.

Melinda-1 is offline New Member

I took Benadryl to help me sleep!

I tried to stay away from as much as possible when it comes to taking pills. So I didn’t try Benadryl. Tonight my stomach has been hurting well aching off and on and idk if it’s still distressed or if I’m getting a stomach bug. I never really had any kind of pain in my stomach throughout the whole withdrawal

Well it’s day 22. I think at this point it’s hard to notice day to day improvements. Most of the physical stuff is gone except for energy which still isn’t 100% but way better for sure I can get through work without people thinking there’s something wrong with me. Insomnia! Some nights I sleep great some nights I wake up a lot but every single day I’m waking up at 7. It kinda sucks considering I work 2nd shift. By the end of the day my legs are usually killing me and I’m def ready for bed. Last night my stomach hurt most of the night but I’m kinda thinking it could have been cuz I didn’t eat much yesterday and I had caffeine, vitamin, ibuprofen basically on an empty stomach. Still have diarrhea once or twice a day. It’s crazy. The days are going by a lot faster now though. It feels good to be clean and not planning my day around suboxone. Always making sure I have it planning when to take it. Trying to hide to take it so no one knows I’m on it. Monthly doctor visits. It’s really peaceful. Work keeps me busy work hard def helped me a lot through this I think it would have been so much harder if i wasn’t working because on my days off I feel like I don’t stay busy I get bored very easily and honestly I start feeling kinda >>>>>> if I sit around too long. I start yawning I feel like I have no energy. I haven’t had any cravings yet or depression mainly just anxiety and stress. Dealing with stress and anxiety without suboxone is something that’s gonna be hard to get use to.

One other thing I’ve noticed the past couple days it’s so weird and idk if it has anything to do with what I’m going through but when I bend over my head hurts like I have a lot of pressure in my head. Idk if it’s just blood pressure or what’s going on I just thought that was strange cuz I’ve never really experienced that before. My sinuses feel clear so I don’t think it’s a sinus infection or anything. I know that’s weird.

I guess my question is is it common to have headaches 3 weeks into detox

Never mind I figured out why my head has been hurting all day. My bp was 168/102 which is crazy cuz I’m in good shape only 166lbs I get a lot of exercise so I made a doctors appointment
    Melinda-1 likes this.

Melinda-1 is offline New Member

Let us know what the Doctor has to say!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast