Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Jumping from 2mg suboxone
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaldridge03 View Post
    Well it’s day 22. I think at this point it’s hard to notice day to day improvements. Most of the physical stuff is gone except for energy which still isn’t 100% but way better for sure I can get through work without people thinking there’s something wrong with me. Insomnia! Some nights I sleep great some nights I wake up a lot but every single day I’m waking up at 7. It kinda sucks considering I work 2nd shift. By the end of the day my legs are usually killing me and I’m def ready for bed. Last night my stomach hurt most of the night but I’m kinda thinking it could have been cuz I didn’t eat much yesterday and I had caffeine, vitamin, ibuprofen basically on an empty stomach. Still have diarrhea once or twice a day. It’s crazy. The days are going by a lot faster now though. It feels good to be clean and not planning my day around suboxone. Always making sure I have it planning when to take it. Trying to hide to take it so no one knows I’m on it. Monthly doctor visits. It’s really peaceful. Work keeps me busy work hard def helped me a lot through this I think it would have been so much harder if i wasn’t working because on my days off I feel like I don’t stay busy I get bored very easily and honestly I start feeling kinda >>>>>> if I sit around too long. I start yawning I feel like I have no energy. I haven’t had any cravings yet or depression mainly just anxiety and stress. Dealing with stress and anxiety without suboxone is something that’s gonna be hard to get use to.
    Day 22!!! Thats amazing. Congratulations!! Your problems with sleep are par for the course right now. I know you read my thread. I suffered with sleep for about 6 weeks before it leveled out. And the RLS, just brutal. But you don't seem to have that issue so just be greatful. Sleep may continue to be an issue for another week or so. But just don't fight it. Everything will balance out. It will continue to get better, but it is a slow process. Keep taking it one day at a time.

The lethargy, also normal. I know it feels like a walk around the block feels like a marathon right now. But your energy will return. You seem to be getting through this a bit quicker than most. Slow progress is the name of the game here. Your head is in the right place and you are doing great. Keep on trucking. It only gets better.

Let us know about what the doctor says. I'd be willing to bet the high bp is from your detox and acute w/d. However i am no medical professional.

Keep your chin up. You are doingthis!!

Have a great night!!
    Beef

Bwaldridge03 is offline Member

Hopefully they know a little bit about suboxone. I’d hate to be prescribed Bp medicine then 2-3 weeks from now my bp bottom out because it was the detox causing high bp. I guess I’ll have to monitor it myself and take the meds as needed if it comes to that. Yeah beef I really never had restless legs which is insane cuz everyone complains about that. I was def restless but my legs weren’t. Idk what I done differently or why I got through everything so quickly. I was on 16mg for 4 years how could I possibly get through it so fast. I really don’t understand it. I did ween down over a 5month period idk suboxone is definitely a strange drug. People really do withdrawal differently. I consider myself extremely lucky. I really believe working every single day helped. I was constantly on my feet keeping active and eating as healthy as possible. Anyway this is the end of day 22 not much different today than the past few days other than my bp being through the roof and having a headache most of the day because of it but everyday seems a teeny tiny bit better than the last. I was legitimately laughing tonight at work and cutting up with people which I use to never do on suboxone I was had no feeling or emotion. If you’re thinking of jumping don’t believe all the horror stories. Yeah it’s a longer process than full on opiates but it’s no where near as intense. It can be done. Stay active eat healthy and take your vitamins get through that first week or 2. I feel like a newb on this website I’m bragging about 22 days when people like beef have months of sobriety lol
    WifeMotherSister likes this.

Morning of day 23 I slept pretty good last night I just can’t ever sleep past 7am and it’s driving me crazy! What I wouldn’t give to sleep till 10 just once! My head is hurting a little bit this morning maybe my bp is rising again it’s kinda weird that 3 weeks in I start getting headaches instead of the first week or 2. High bp runs in my family so maybe suboxone just kept it under control all these years. Or maybe beef was right and it’s the detox causing it to run high. Still have diarrhea. I’m pretty much use to that now. The way I see it is at least I’m regular now. When on suboxone I was lucky if I went to the bathroom once a week and it caused a lot of stomach issues for me. I’d say my energy is almost back to normal. Work is becoming way easier. I was worried I wasn’t going to be able to work as hard as I did when on suboxone but I work just as good. By the end of my shift my legs and back are hurting quite a bit but I know it’ll get easier. I know I’ve said this a lot and I know most people I’ve seen online going through this take a lot of time off work but to be honest I think working helps get through detox so much quicker. If you have a job where you gotta be on your feet most of the day you should just try to push through it and do it. It’s gonna be hard that first week but I truly believe if I didn’t work and just sat at home this would have taken so much longer. And I probably would have been depressed achy restless irritable. You need to be out forcing yourself to stay busy active and talking to other people. That’s just my opinion. I’m 1 week away from that 1 month mark.

That is great to hear, B. Keep kicking a>>! Maybe a little immodium would help the stools? Not sure but it could be worth a try to take a very low dose - 2mg?

Good luck on figuring out that blood pressure business. I think it would be worth your effort to learn how to take your own bp.. it wouldnt hurt, anyway.

Phantom

geez_again is offline Senior Member

You are truly a success story. Very happy for you. I wish you the best. Enjoy ur beautiful life with ur wife n child. They are a blessing
    You're posts have helped me, I'm sure many others as well. Keep up the great work. I have zero doubt you'll continue to do great things.

Thanks geez I appreciate that. I’m glad my post can help you out. I try to update everyday just to give people an idea of how things might play out for you. I got through the toughest pretty quick. Still have anxiety sometimes and get irritable sometimes I’m sleeping a lot better just can’t sleep past 7am which sucks for a 2nd shifter like myself. For the most part I feel good I find myself laughing and joking around with people a lot more now so my personality is starting to come back to me. I still don’t feel like my brain is at 100% but I know that’s gonna take time but the way I am now is better than any day I had on suboxone for sure! It’s def worth the fight. Don’t give up

My 26th morning. I actually slept till 8am today holy >>>>! Probably would have slept longer if our 4 year old didn’t get up. I fell asleep on the couch watching into the badlands and actually slept well on the couch. That’s sayin something. I don’t wanna jinx myself but I think my sleep is finally coming back. It’s more consistent now. Waking up early is the only issue now I think. Now tonight I probably won’t sleep at all. Next week I gotta do some training on day shift I probably won’t be able to wake up early lol. I’m off this weekend so it’ll be another test to try to keep busy. I get bored easily. I feel like doing things just makes me feel better. Wether I’m at work, working outside, going somewhere. I get restless bored and sleepy just sitting around the house. Hopefully that’ll change cuz sometimes it’s nice just to have a day at home watching tv being lazy. But right now I don’t feel that way. It’s been so long since I haven’t had drugs it’s hard to remember what “normal” is suppose to feel like. I feel like my brain still has a long way to go. Like my body feels good other than minor aches from working but my mentally I don’t feel like it’s there yet. Stress and anxiety is a little difficult to deal with without drugs. I haven’t had any depression yet. Hopefully I won’t. My life is in a good place. Just gotta learn to deal with the stress on my own. That’s one of the main reasons I started doing drugs. I stress easily. And I think I have anxiety. Maybe I grew out of it hopefully. Days are flying by now. If you’re just staring out your first week just push through it I promise it gets better and before you know it you’ll be at 30 days.

jedie50 is offline Banned

Way to go Brandon! Reading your progress is really been helpful to me. It's helped me through a more than a few rough patches aready. Your enthusiasm shows through keep it up and Damb the stress and anxiety. I find they are most often all in my head. Needless. Let them wash over and be gone. Sometimes all it takes is a Choice.There are tons of ways for dealing with it without the need for meds especially self prescribed kind. A lot of the depression drugs have a long withdrawal period themselves. You can do this.
    You will do this
    Keep it going.
    26 days!!!!??? That is awesome!

J
    Melinda-1 likes this.

Jedie I’m happy reading my progress can help you. I did the same thing in my first week or 2 reading success stories really helped me get through. This is day 27. Yesterday was a little rough in the evening I just felt like I couldn’t get motivated I felt out of it most the day. Then my wife told me something that really made me sad. She told me she was sad because something seems off with us. I’ve tried telling her it’s just all part of me coming off suboxone it’s gonna take a little more time I’m gonna have good days and bad ones. It just made me kinda sad cuz I know I’ve been kinda distant and not as affectionate towards her. I know she don’t fully understand the process and how long this takes. So after we ate I took her to one of the first places we ever hung out at and just told her how I felt. Hopefully it helped ease her mind. I know if I was in her shoes it would hard to understand what’s going on. I just wish I could fast forward a couple more months.

B? Have you considered letting her read your thread? Might give her some insight. IDK just a thought. She could always read some of the other stories in here. Maybe not. Some are scary. But hey she would have an idea what you're going through. Gotta go battery dead see ya soon...

J

I mean I’ve thought about it. I think she was under the assumption I would start feeling normal after 2 weeks and I’ve tried telling her it could take months. I think she’s just scared I’m gonna be a completely different person or I won’t love her anymore. But I know that’s not gonna happen. But it’s hard telling her that. I need to start going out of my way for her even if I’m having a rough day.
    Today makes 4 weeks exactly. Yesterday all I did was watch into the badlands. For some reason sitting around the house all day is hard for me. Like my back starts aching my legs ache. But I couldn’t stop watching that show. If I’m not being active and doing something the day seems way harder to get through. I guess my body isn’t use to just sitting around all day. I can’t remember the last time I just sat at home all day long like that. Not doing anything. It was tough. It seems like the morning and lunch time is great but by the time the afternoon comes around it’s a little more difficult. Idk why that is. I still haven’t had any cravings or any depression that I know of like there’s no way I would ever go back to doing suboxone again. The withdrawal may not be as intense but the length of time it takes to get through it all is insane. Who would ever wanna go through this again. It’s been a long 4 weeks I won’t ever go through it again. I just wish I knew back then what I know now. It shouldnt be used for 4 years like I did. Also I probably wouldn’t have jumped from 2mg either. It’s a long road but I know it’ll all be worth it in the end.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-29-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Brandon. Great to hear your progress. I'm still dragging physicaly. Mentally comes and goes but it has improved dramatically. Very emotional. Up and down morbid and bright. But at least I'm feeling. One word of caution. I thought I would never touch the >>>> again after what I went through last time. Holy hell!!!. But I did. This has been no picknick either but This time I wrote it down. So I can't forget. I need to be always vigilent. This >>>> waits for me. The little Bayard will always be there but we need never listen to the lie again.
    Peace my friend!
    Glad you are becoming whole again. Each day is a gift.

J

Hey Brandon,

Just stopping by to check how you are doing.. good to see all the progress. I am really pulling for you, hoping your marriage falls into place. Let us know how you are coming along. Thanks

Phantom

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_ofthe_addict View Post
    Hey Brandon,

Just stopping by to check how you are doing.. good to see all the progress. I am really pulling for you, hoping your marriage falls into place. Let us know how you are coming along. Thanks

Phantom

Sorry to hijack the thread here but I have a question for Phantom and he doesn't have his own thread so I can't directly message him that way? Just curious on your story Phantom? I wanted to know your experience with subs? How long you were on them, how much were you taking, did you taper, what amount you jumped from, etc...? Thanks... God bless us all!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_ofthe_addict View Post
    Hey Brandon,

Phantom
    Yeah I’m doing pretty good it’s 31 days today. My back and legs have been aching a lot lately after work. I still don’t feel 100% but I know it’ll get better. No cravings. No depression that I can tell. Usually just fatigued after work and achy. Oh the doctor ended up putting me on bp medicine and tried putting me on Zoloft for anxiety but I’m not taking it. I don’t wanna take it. I been working dayshift this week maybe my body just isn’t use to it. I’m ready for 60 days

Awesome B!
    I think you're wise not taking the Zoloft. Not now anyway. I think it could screw up your hard fought progress. I'v been on many prescribed antidepressants none worked long term for me anyway seems there is always a price not worth the benefit again long term.
    Suck it up! Yet gotten OLD! Wait till yer 50! Lol. Fatigue is part of the healing I think. Aleve and hot showers I swear by them. Keep doing what you're doing. Thanks for being here too!

Peace

J

I can’t imagine how I’ll feel at 50 if I feel like this at 34. I’m hoping the fatigue and aches are only temporary and not pains I been covering up for years. On suboxone you feel like Superman I would work circles around everyone at work. Now I still do that except I’m paying for it at the end of the day. I think my body just has to get use to it without the suboxone. This is day 32 my sleep has come back I think I fall asleep and stay asleep but usually I’m up at the 8 hour mark when before I could sleep 10 hours no problem. At this point it’s hard to notice changes day to day I think now it’s gonna be week to week or month to month before I notice things. I feel like my mind is stuck in the same gear all day long. I don’t have waves of happiness yet pleasure. I mean I can talk to people and laugh and cut up but I don’t feel pleasure yet or happiness. I’m sure my brain is still trying to figure that out. Don’t get me wrong I’m happy but I can just tell my brain isn’t there yet and my body is still trying to get use to working without the subs. Remember I was on suboxone for 4 years. 16mg for 3.5 years. What I’m really surprised about is I’ve have zero cravings and as far as I know no depression. Unless I had depression symptoms and didn’t pick up on it. Idk it’s still early. I get bored and restless easily too. I can’t stand just sitting around the house I constantly feel like I need to be doing something or I get bored to death! I remember when I could sit at home all day long and enjoy it now it’s almost torture to sit at home all day. I hope that changes. I know I’m telling you all the negative things but truth is this is way better than any day I had on suboxone. I feel alive now. I feel good. I feel like I can enjoy life without being clouded with drugs. It only gets better from here

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread here but I have a question for Phantom and he doesn't have his own thread so I can't directly message him that way? Just curious on your story Phantom? I wanted to know your experience with subs? How long you were on them, how much were you taking, did you taper, what amount you jumped from, etc...? Thanks... God bless us all!
    I will start my own thread soon - but i took them for about a year and was taking about 1mg a day when i jumped.. my experience was so-so. Ive never had a particularly strong stomach but they turned mine over. Even on a low dose (0.5-1mg 2x daily) they could and did make me sick. I was happy to get off them!

A dose that high and for that long should be criminal to prescribe. Too many doctors have no idea how to best administer suboxone. Your drawn out symptoms totally make sense, though.. Have you tried 5-HTP or an amino acid supplement? I think those could be useful
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-03-2019 at 10:49 PM.

No I haven’t been taking anything except for a multivitamin I been trying to stay away from the supplements mainly because a lot of them affect fertility and we’re in the process of trying to have a baby. Seeing a fertility specialist. For the most part I feel great but some days I ache and I constantly feel like my brain is in a fog. I’m fully aware of what’s going on around me and I still laugh, joke and stuff but I just feel like my head is in one constant gear all day long. It’s hard to explain I’ve tried to explaining it to my wife and idk how. But it’s only my 33rd day and I know it can take months for the brain to rewire learn to produce these chemicals without depending on the opioids. It sucks but I keep telling myself it’ll all be worth it.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Platinum Member

No I haven’t been taking anything except for a multivitamin I been trying to stay away from the supplements mainly because a lot of them affect fertility and we’re in the process of trying to have a baby. Seeing a fertility specialist. For the most part I feel great but some days I ache and I constantly feel like my brain is in a fog. I’m fully aware of what’s going on around me and I still laugh, joke and stuff but I just feel like my head is in one constant gear all day long. It’s hard to explain I’ve tried to explaining it to my wife and idk how. But it’s only my 33rd day and I know it can take months for the brain to rewire learn to produce these chemicals without depending on the opioids. It sucks but I keep telling myself it’ll all be worth it.
    Hey B. I know you read some of my thread. Have you looked at DLPA? It's an amazing amino acid! Did wonders for me with energy, brain fog, hand eye coordination, etc. Really helps the whole brain repairing process. I'm not sure about the effects of fertility etc. But it's something to look into. By the way, you're doing amazing!! Keep up the good work. It keeps getting better.

Have a great day!
    Beef

I know when I detoxed off alcohol I had fog for a long time. I was drinking a fifth and a half 100 proof vodka a day. Damn near killed me. But that's another story for another time. My point is our brain and our livers need time to heal. You may want to have a liver function test. Alot of things are toxic to the liver inclueding NSAIDS Tylenol etc and a poorly functioning liver WILL cause brain fog. I know this from experience. The good news is it's and incredible organ and can heal with good nutrition and time.
    B you are doin it!! Keep it going!

Peace

J

Sorry I haven’t been updating daily but there really hasn’t been much to update. This is day 37 I think. I think at this point it’s hard to notice day to day improvements. I been sleeping really well now. I usually stay asleep all night and I haven’t been wanting to get up in the morning. I’m still having some back aches and legs ache by the end of the day after working all evening. I been taking Aleve and ibuprofen but hopefully that will go away with a little more time. Things are going good though I can definitely tell an improvement. Things are so much better now than they were 3-4 weeks ago.

Just another day huh? Do you know how awesome that is? Shows just how well you're doing! Never forget where you came from or what you've accomplished . This disease does not want to let us go. Way to take your Life back! One day at a time.

Peace!

J
    WifeMotherSister likes this.

Yeah I never thought about that really but the days seem to be flying by now when in the beginning days felt like weeks. I mean I still don’t feel 100% normal but it’s unbelievable the difference between now and then. It’s day 39 now almost 6 weeks since I had my last piece of strip. I don’t even crave it. I watched a little bit of American gangster last night and seen the scene where the girl is sticking a needle in the guys arm and it made me cringe! Not because it made me crave but because I hate needles being stuck in me. It’s hard to believe I use to do that. That’s how bad that stuff is. I’m so happy to be past that. This forum helped me a lot. Reading all the success stories and all the support. Idk that I could have done it so easily without this.

Hey Brandon! I'm assuming you are busy living life! Check in with us every now and again let us know there is life after drugs!
    Peace Brother!

Ps. You pregnant yet? Lol.

J

Things are going good. This is day 45 I don’t feel perfectly normal but I’m living life getting through each day fairly easy now. I still have a little back ache sometimes not all the time. Fatigue by the afternoon. My energy is almost there I just feel drained most afternoons but it goes away. No depression, no cravings, every once in awhile I may have a little anxiety but nothing I can’t deal with. My sleep is normal again I sleep straight through the night. I think for the most part my body is healed now my brain needs to heal which frown watching videos of other people could take awhile. Things are good though I can’t complain too much. 45 days without drugs and alcohol is pretty good.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Things are going good. This is day 45 I don’t feel perfectly normal but I’m living life getting through each day fairly easy now. I still have a little back ache sometimes not all the time. Fatigue by the afternoon. My energy is almost there I just feel drained most afternoons but it goes away. No depression, no cravings, every once in awhile I may have a little anxiety but nothing I can’t deal with. My sleep is normal again I sleep straight through the night. I think for the most part my body is healed now my brain needs to heal which frown watching videos of other people could take awhile. Things are good though I can’t complain too much. 45 days without drugs and alcohol is pretty good.

"45 days without drugs and alcohol is pretty good." Pretty good? I would say that is beyond good, that is AWESOME, congratulations!

You mentioned that the brain still needs to do some healing and that's true but there are a few things that you can do to help this process along? Eat a healthy diet, avoid caffeine (caffeine can cause and/or worsen anxiety), drink lots of water and exercise whenever you can? A few supplements may help as well, you can try B-6, L-Tyrosine, DLPA, L-theanine (Suntheanine kind is best), Double Strength SAM-e and a good multivitamin? Make sure to take the amino acids on an empty stomach! Other than that, time is the ultimate healer! Keep up the great work and give those supplements a try? Take care... God bless us all!

57 days and counting

Awesome!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast