Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree46Likes
Jumping after 7 years
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hey Sin Checking in on you... I want to say Proud of You... keep going...

Sinthetiks1222 is offline Junior Member

I'm doing ok today. Weekends at work can be real doozies leaving me little time to do much else. That may be a good thing honestly. Last night was so busy I hardly noticed how much of lack of energy I've been having. Sleep has been rough again the last two nights. I guess it will come in waves. I did feel I had much more pep in my step at work and I think others noticed it. I'm laughing again, a good honest laugh I have't felt in many years. I must head to work now but I will check in later. Next few days off after today and those will be a good gague.

We do not have english speaking NA or AA meetings here in Finland that I can locate and my Finnish is still quite basic at best. It's one of the hardest languages in the world to learn for foreigners and I have been studying it for over a year now. I did find some online meetings, do you guys suggest that those would be helpful?

Beefaroni7272 is offline Platinum Member

Oh yeah didn't even think about that. Honestly anything would help. Just sharing and getting it all out with anyone but gyourself. We all think we could do this alone but why should we when there is help readily available. Couldn't hurt to look into. Glad things are starting to swing for you. Those belly laughs feel good right!! It only gets better. Stay the course. You're doing amazing!!!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Carguy4287 is offline Junior Member

Hey sin I have only been off subs for about 20 days now and I too am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel everyday feels great being of the subs. Those days that I don't feel like doing anything I get mad not at myself but at the feeling. Turn on a radio listen music that has helped me greatly. Whatever you do keep pushing on day after day it gets easier. Know like beef says these people are truly awesome and helpful don't know how much I can still going though it myself but if I can help in any way just post.

Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Another day down. Moments of squirmy legs and still those random thoughts of how I would feel if I dosed another sub. But they do pass rather quickly. I can't believe sometimes I am free of this. I know addiction is a disease and never cured persay but being in this non using state is unbelievable. Starting to lose count of the days lol. Day 10 i think. Hoping sleep will come tonight. If it doesn't at least I don't need any drugs. I haven't said that in over 12 years.

Thank you guys for the support and help it has been amazing. Or kiitos avusta as we say in Finland.

Day 10 signing out.

Hey Sin, your doing Great.. Proud of You. This too shall Pass..

Those cravings will come and go and then you'll eventually stop thinking about them completely. It feels so good not to be handcuffed by the subs. Not having to worry about having enough if you have to go out of town etc. Couldn't be more happy for you!!!! Keep it rolling. It gets so much better!!!

Stay strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Whatz up in Finland...how we doing today.. just passing by to see how things are going... Keep us posted..

Doing ok today. Today was the first day I don't recall feeling any leg pains or weird wiggly feelings. Just felt.. normal I think. Energy level is a little low due to still having sleep issued but I hope that will eventually subside.

Last night took 3 hours to sleep but I just get up now and read until I get tired again. 2 to 3 cycles of this usually does the trick. I sleep until I get too annoyed and just get up.

I get feelings sometimes of a desperate nature that make me immediately feel compelled to open the medicine cabinet. Immediately I of course know there is nothing in there of a narcotic nature and then the feeling passes.

To anyone reading this thread you can do this. This addiction to suboxone had me at my wits end. I can't believe it's been 11 days now and all in all I'm doing quite well. My appetite has returned in full force the last day or two. The support here is great. Being able to vent and not feeling judged.

Day 11 down

Keep it up Sin, it just keeps getting better and better I promise you.. Everything you are feeling and going through is normal..thus too shall Pass...

Droppinthepoppy is offline Junior Member

We have the same sobriety date and my leg pains ended the same day as yours. Although I jumped from 4 mg on Thursday the 9th and had to miss the following Monday - Wednesday of work as I literally couldn’t function at all! I chew 20 pieces of Nicorette a day and I couldn’t even reach for one. My leg pains are finally gone and I slept 11 hours last night. Today is the first day that I’ve contemplated using and I am lucky enough to have a lot of A.A. meetings close by. There are a lot of online meetings if you can’t find one in Scandinavia. Keep me updated! Day 12 (today) was the first day I had any positive feelings in my brain so that sustained me. I also had enough energy to work an entire day. Oddly, yesterday was the first day that I felt worse than the day before (other than days 3-7 which were acute withdrawal). I told my brain that it was up to it to start working and it wasn’t getting any help from me other than nutrition and exercise. The exercise for me has saved me when I felt like I couldn’t move. Forcing myself to exercise really changed my well-being.

I'm definitely sleeping more now. It's the falling asleep part that is most difficult. Staying asleep has become easier. I still have these nagging feelings every morning that do pass quickly. I used to dose first thing each morning for 7 years so I'm guessing this is gonna take a while to fix.

I cannot imagine jumping from 4mg. You are a warrior.

Off for a few days so trying not to be too lazy. Need to keep moving I think. Will post more later.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

I hear that!!! Amazing job both of you. So happy that things are starting to level out. I jumped from 1mg. And couldn't get any decent amount of sleep for around a month. Stone cold warriors you guys are!! Couldn't be happier for you! Keep going it only gets better!!!!

Keep doing the next right thing!!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

How's Finland doing these days? Update when you can..

Must be cold. Internet knocked out??? Let us know how it's going for you whenever you get a chance!!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Kinda went a million miles an hour after the last time I updated here. Can't believe it's been four months now. I'm doing ok for sure. Wanted to give some words to the countless others struggling to kick this insidious addiction.

It can be done. I never in a thousand years thought I would be looking at life from the other side of the window. It is amazing. The withdrawals are gone and my mind is mostly adjusted to being opiate free for the first time in many many years.

I truly thought I would be stuck for the rest of my life. I think somewhere in my mind I resigned myself to it years ago. But as life tends to do, circumstances and situations sort of forced me to face the reality of things and make the jump. I don't regret it for one second.

My marriage is amazing. My sex life is back full force. My finances are in the best shape they have been in longer than I can remember. I wake up each morning and get a hot coffee. Sub used to be part of that morning ritual and that was one of the harder things to get used to. I love my coffee and I didn't drink any for over a month.

I will try to keep tabs on this forum to give what advice I can. I don't think I would have fared so well without the support I got here. Just having somewhere to put my thoughts each day was enough to help me make it. It wasn't fun and it hurt but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe because I took such a slow taper. Either way I am here to say it can be done. I am free. The addiction never leaves and is only dormant now but I know I can keep it that way for the rest of my life now if I stay focused on doing the right things.

Keep your heads up anyone who is fighting this. There is an end and true relief and freedom is waiting for you.

-Sin

Hey Finland!!! Thanks for the amazing update!! So happy for you. It keeps getting better!!

Great job my friend
    Proud of you!!
    Beef

It's been 6 months now. Just touching base to say I am doing great. Every now and then I get some weird PAWS feelings but they pass in seconds. I often read others here going through the struggle and I promise it can be done. It's Finnish summer here and it's amazingly beautiful. Midnight sun and all that. I can't help but think I'd be unable to enjoy or appreciate with my brain dulled from the sub.

I know now that I can never go back to that way of life. It's a rebirth of sorts. Learning to taste and smell and hear again. Keep up the fight to anyone still struggling. I am telling you it gets better. I never thought I would be clean and living a "normal" (lol) life again but here I am.

-Sin

Anonymous Guest

Sin -

A ray of light today. Congratulations, and thanks so much for sharing. Many of us needed a post such as your today. Hope, light, and success. Keep up the good work, and please or please, never let your guard down no matter what. Have a wonderful weekend.

Hope

Wow Sin...
    Congratulations...
    I'm glad you stopped by with an awesome update..
    Proud of you my friend...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12