Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree67Likes
Jumping off of 14mg methadone, support, advice and help needed please!
    DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Mike, GREAT job on making it so far!! Sorry I haven't posted before, have read your thread when I've been able to, just have been really busy. I found about 2-3 weeks into my jump I started cutting back my smoking, not intentionally, just seemed to happen for me. I definitely smoked a lot more during my taper withdrawals, and when I first made the jump, then cut back a ways into it. Didn't push myself to quit, and while it's next on my list (and then hopefully coffee, though that will be the super hard one for me), am just happy I've cut back the way I have. I know I couldn't of quit everything at once, so wouldn't beat yourself up right now because you're doing so well in getting off the meds (I have no experience with Methadone, but do have a lot of experience with Oxy and some other opiates). Just wanted to let you know that even though others might not be posting, I'm sure they're following your thread, and that you're an inspiration to many I'm sure, whether you know it or not. Keep up the GREAT work, keep hanging in there, and have an amazing day!!
    freeme47 and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Mike Congratulations your doing awesome. Stay strong it gets alittle easier day by day Be well.
    freeme47 and DravenDomnq like this.

freeme47 is offline Junior Member

Hi mike, firstly I think the lack of replies is usually when people see at least someone replying they know they have some support and help the ones that haven't had any, I think that's it anyway. It can go quiet on here I've noticed but for me it's still my lifeline. So had my hair done, feel sooooo much better, I'm sure it's the same for men but I don't like letting myself go and like to look and feel good for myself more then for anyone else and just the simple thing of getting my hair done, her massaging my scalp was amazing. I haven't treated myself in a long time so it was much needed. I work part time at the moment as a carer and always caring for others but never myself so things need to change even if it's small things.

the other thing I forgot to say to you was, when I came off methadone 5 years ago on that long flight, I never got well. What I mean is I was off methadone but my behaviour never changed and it's only now that I feel more aware of transferring from one addiction to another, like food, cigarettes, books. I am also into books and I could quite easily read to excess where I just go off into another world and not get anything done. Life can be a harsh place sometimes and losing yourself into a book is nice but I know I've also got to look around me and see, does that make sense?

Feel better then I did this morning anyway, just getting out did that. Have eaten better and drunk lots of water, still had my coffee and cigs but like you I'll deal with them soon. One thing at a time eh? I always want instant results and am a all or nothing person, just got to remember how far I've come and pat myself on the back once in a while. It's good to stay in touch with you as you help me as much as (I hope) I help you. Like you none of my family or friends know that this is still going on so couldn't tell then why I was feeling so bad. I don't see any point in coming out now as any negative comments would have a detrimental effect on me at the moment. So, we have this site which has been a godsend. Got another meeting tonight which I know will do me the world of good. Kids back at school tomorrow so I can finally tackle this house, it's disgusting! good to hear from you again mike. T
    Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.

SURVIVORMIKE is offline Junior Member

Day 7: Thank you all for replying, wow it's like I just mentioned I didn't get a lot of replies and all of a sudden you guys show up! DravenDomnq, thank you for your support, and good to know these wild cig cravings will subside! Lvg nghtmare, thank you too for your kind words! Freeme47/T., thank you as always. Really feeling it way more than I expected to today so I didn't post as much. New stress of figuring out where to work and or try to get my contractor's license in HVAC...so life goes on. I'm fortunate as I haven't had to work (besides caring for my kids and the usual stuff around the house) and I'm grateful for it. I'm hoping for the best, and that I'll be the exception to the rule (haha, yeah right) and this will be over asap...but I'm starting to think it'll take me longer. Such is life. More later all...

Hi mike, well done for getting to day 7. All I can say is it does get better, I really struggled at the beginning and although I have off days now the fact I get going in the morning without a drug says something. Life will slowly start to get better for you. Here if you need to let off steam. Tracy.

Hi Tracy, it's Day 9, and I feel so much better than yesterday, it's unreal (I still have stomach issues, some tiredness, lack of motivation...but I really think a lot of its poor diet and some just in my mind!) But what a difference, none of the usual withdrawal feelings of some alien restless inside my body (for lack of a better description!). Now I just feel a little flu-like, which I'll take over the withdrawals anyday! Wow, what a difference a day makes! I know I'm not out of the woods yet in this, but I'm way better than I was yesterday, and 99% better than I was last week! So my kids officially go back to school on Monday (before I thought one went back yesterday! Thank God she didn't). I have a job interview next week, which I'm very positive I'll get the job (it will start in two weeks, which is perfect for me and more time to get better). So I've decided as a treat for myself next week I'm going to the movies after I drop the kids at school! I love the movies, haven't gone by myself in decades, live in a small city, so pretty sure it'll be empty, can't wait! I sat down today and wrote a long letter to a long lost friend in Australia, someone who really helped me out and looked after me while I was incarcerated there. We hadn't spoken since 1998, good guy, not an addict but ran in the same circles, and I just wanted to reconnect and thank him again after all these years. So hopefully I'll get a reply back (although it can take weeks to get there on snail mail, already scoured the Internet and he's no where to be found) gotta go, phones a bit dead! Take care Tracy!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Feeling really back to normal WD wise...can't believe the old feeling of bursting out of my own skin has subsided tremendously! Many trips to the porcelain office today, a bit dehydrated (do to my own poor choices of soda over water, but Rome wasn't built in a day), haven't touched Immodium in a few days and I think that's why I'm having to go so much. Did read today online (and taken with a grain of salt) that Immodium contains a low dose of opiates! Makes perfect sense to me, no wonder it helps so much with the runs. Actually read of many people who were addicted to it! Crazy right? Well, as for me, no more immodium! The very last thing I want anywhere in my body right now is anything with opiates! But that's just me...I'm sure jalapeƱo chips and nachos last night didn't help my situation at all, but usually I'm my own worse enemy and maybe God just wanted to have one last laugh before I'm through the worse of it! My spirits are up however and if anyone is out there reading this and also going through it, or getting ready to make a change, all I can say is do it! It does get better, nothing is forever, and no matter how bad you might think you feel now (or afraid to feel, as I was), life gets so much better and you will feel better!!! You, me, and many more before us have gotten through this, it can be done!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

fedupgirl32 is offline Junior Member

Congrats Mike on making it this far! I'm ready to start the evil WD's after work tomorrow. But I am like you, I am ready to be done. To be free from it. The vicsious cycle of always wondering if I'll have enough or if I'll have enough money to simply not be sick, in itself is enough to make me sick. I'm tired of being disgusted with myself and I know it will be tough, but if you can do it and still manage a house and 2 kids, I'm sure I can do it to in my room for 6 days. Which is what I have off from work. Anyways, was just scrolling through all the stories, finding my motivation and inspiration and overall "hope" for my near future. Have a good one.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Morning mike, so good to hear from you, was wondering how you were doing. I know that feeling only to well, I describe it as spiders in my bones, that for me was the worst and the horrible numb feeling in my head oh and insomnia lol. It does all pass though, I'm on day 48 today and feel ok, felt great yesterday. Have been walking my son to school every day even though there is ice on the paths, does make me feel good when I get home so I can then enjoy my cappuccino (my other addiction!).

Well done for hanging on in there and really hope you get job. I agree about the diet thing, if we eat better it does help the process BUT it's like a comfort thing, well for me anyway. I've started eating better this week and it's amazing how much better I feel. Keep going mike you are doing really well and am proud of you. Take care Tracy x
    DravenDomnq and Lvg nghtmare like this.

grandma -bk is offline Member

Mike....can you give us an update?

blast is offline New Member

Please update Mike. I've been following your threads and haven't heard anything. I'm really needing the support. Thanks.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by blast View Post
    Please update Mike. I've been following your threads and haven't heard anything. I'm really needing the support. Thanks.
    Hey Mike - I see that you've been a member here for a while now. You should start your own thread so you can get personalized help and support? Tell us your detailed background with pain meds, what's your current situation and your questions and/or concerns? Take care...
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Hey Mike - I see that you've been a member here for a while now. You should start your own thread so you can get personalized help and support? Tell us your detailed background with pain meds, what's your current situation and your questions and/or concerns? Take care...
    Correction - this last post was meant for blast, not Mike...

blast is offline New Member

Thanks for caring. That is super kind of you to ask. I should do that.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12