Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
Jumping off of 14mg methadone, support, advice and help needed please!
    SURVIVORMIKE is offline Junior Member

Default Jumping off of 14mg methadone, support, advice and help needed please!

Hi all, I'm new here and need some help. I'm a 42 yr old father and husband, went through the pill mills for years, checked into methadone clinic 4 years ago (120mg/day highest dose), leveled off at 60 for a while and been on a MWR withdrawl for the past 8 months at a 10 and now 2mg decrease every two weeks. Well this past week (Christmas), was my first week on 14mg liquid daily. No other meds or vices except cigarettes and coffee. No support group, wife has no idea of past use or Methadone, at all! She works days and I take care of our 5 and 6 yr old kids. They have the next week off of school, I can no longer pay the $120 a week. So instead of tapering down to 0 mg as previously planned, I'm quitting today! My last dose was yesterday morning. Please share any advice, past victories in getting through this, or any help you can! I'll have to go it alone and tell my wife I have one hell of a flu! I just can't afford this right now and with the kids off for the next 12 days I'm hoping to get through some of it, starting in about 4 days (I've been told this has a 96 hour half-life!). Thank you and I'll try to post daily!!!

Day 1: This wasn't really planned until today! I'm in Palm Coast, FL and the clinic is 30 mins away in Daytona Beach, FL...it also closes at 11, I don't have the $120 to dose and pick up my six take-homes, so here goes nothing, I quit! There will be minor withdrawals today, more mental than anything. Lots of water, multi-vitamins, aspirin and keeping busy around the house and playing with my kids. A few prayers to the guy upstairs to help me make it through to the other side. Looking forward to a really hot shower tonight and try to eat protein for dinner...thinking of the positives: no more sneaking around to dose, no more finding ways to get money to dose, now that money will be put to better use! Gotta mark my calendar and set goals, thinking positive...but preparing for the worse...need to get immodium ready. Ok. I'll check in tomorrow. I can do this!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SURVIVORMIKE View Post
    Day 1: This wasn't really planned until today! I'm in Palm Coast, FL and the clinic is 30 mins away in Daytona Beach, FL...it also closes at 11, I don't have the $120 to dose and pick up my six take-homes, so here goes nothing, I quit! There will be minor withdrawals today, more mental than anything. Lots of water, multi-vitamins, aspirin and keeping busy around the house and playing with my kids. A few prayers to the guy upstairs to help me make it through to the other side. Looking forward to a really hot shower tonight and try to eat protein for dinner...thinking of the positives: no more sneaking around to dose, no more finding ways to get money to dose, now that money will be put to better use! Gotta mark my calendar and set goals, thinking positive...but preparing for the worse...need to get immodium ready. Ok. I'll check in tomorrow. I can do this!
    Hey Mike - welcome to the forum. I just replied to another new member that lives in Florida, I live in Florida as well. There are some members here that have personal experience with methadone so hopefully they'll be by your thread soon to offer some advice? I know of one member in particular, his name is Randy, I'll leave him a message on his thread to check in on you? Keep posting and updating your thread! Ask as many questions as you want, there is lots of great advice and support here! Hang in there! Best of luck to you... God bless us all!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

freeme47 is offline Junior Member

Hi mike, just came back to check forum after mad Xmas break and your post caught my eye. I was also on methadone for about 2 years, prescribed by a drugs clinic, I was on 80mls and gradually reduced to 5 MLS where I jumped from as we were emigrating so I did it on a 32 hour flight to NZ. I was also abusing opiates on top so coming off wasn't pretty BUT it was doable. The hardest thing was restless legs, well it was more like spiders in my bones, baring in mind I was sitting on a plane not able to move around which I think would have helped and the lack of sleep.

You sound like you are ready for this which is the first hurdle. It's not ideal doing it when the kids are off school but there will never be a perfect time. I always said if I could just go to a spa hotel on a tropical island for a month I will be ok, but that's not real life. Just take one day or hour at a time, be kind to yourself and just get through it bit by bit. keep posting on here if it helps you, it did me. I am 40 days clean from suboxone today and it does get better you just have to start treating your body better, well I know I did. Which is eating right, drinking loads of water and exercise.

Hope you are ok. Hang on in there, it really is a better life without the poison. T
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-29-2016 at 05:28 AM.
    Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.

Ricky71, thank you for the reply! Honestly with me being new here I thought that I did something wrong like posted in the wrong place or made my posting private somehow by mistake, lol, so glad I won't be doing this completely alone! Your words of encouragement help for sure and I'm grateful to you for replying! I'm hoping by writing about this it will help me and more importantly someone else down the line. Thank you and I will post as much as possible!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Not sure if I should call you Freeme 47 or T, but either way, Thank You! I can't wait to be where you are at, 40 days without this, congrats to you, that's awesome! And wow, doing it on a super long flight??? That's incredible that you got through it and a true testament of spirit! I actually did that flight in reverse many years ago...I was 20 and AWOL from the Navy, was caught bringing "H" into Australia (very regrettably and well before I was ever addicted), I spent a few years there as a "guest of Her Majesty the Queen", I went from the airport to prison and from prison back to the airport. Deported and have a life-long ban from ever entering the country again, again very regretful poor life choices! When we took off to fly back to the States I was unknowingly seated between two large NCIS agents who handcuffed me as they were taking me back to the Navy, to my surprise! The plane made a stop in Auckland, NZ, where I was disborded, strip searched, fingerprinted and had photos taken of my tattoos and face. I spent the next 26 hours handcuffed on the flight to LAX. When we got to the NTC Great Lakes (a US Navy training and discharging base outside of Chicago), they turned me over to the base and I spent a few weeks there being processed out. But, although i was in handcuffs, your ordeal was worse being sick on such a long flight! Sorry for the long story, but I felt that it would sound pretty weird saying "oh I know about those long flights and I spent one in handcuffs!" For me I can always think that I've been through worse when thinking about these withdrawals, and more importantly, that life will be so much better once this ends and I can get back to living without it! Thank you for replying, your encouragement and the fact that you are now through the worse helps tremendously!
    Lvg nghtmare and freeme47 like this.

Day 2, morning: strange vivid dreams last night! Went to bed late with a little trouble dozing off, woke up on time and feeling surprisingly better at first...but I know this stuff has a long half-life and hasn't worked it's way out of my system yet. Busy with the kids certainly helps keep my mind occupied. Taking vitamins, water and aspirin helps...the cigs and coffee do not, but I'm not stopping them right now! Last night's hot shower was heaven. More later...
    DravenDomnq likes this.

I've been through this once before, but in a very different setting. And as a disclaimer, or so I won't be completely pre-judged, I'm a much better person today, a great father to two wonderful kids, a husband, a law-abiding patriot, a good neighbor, a guy who can now even walk into a church without being struck by lightning...Years ago, not so much, pain pills quickly led to H, snorting led to shooting up, working led to dealing and stealing. After already serving time in prison from 20 to 23, by 25 I was locked up again and this time facing much more time. But, this time I was arrested with a full-blown habit, no bail, no getting out, and no hope of scoring inside. I detoxed cold turkey in the cold, dirty, over crowded cells of the main jail in Ft.Lauderdale, FL. It took quite a long time...from sleeping on a hard rubber mattress in the walkway and not even a cell where I could access a toilet (this area, due to massive overcrowding was known as "sleeping on 95" (I-95 is a major highway in Florida so the inmates called it that as you were not actually in a proper cell but forced to spend the night in the communal walkways outside of the cells with 20-30 other people until a cell became available). The lights stayed on all night, there were numerous fights, it was cold, filthy and dangerous, but survivable. The actual withdrawals were bad, lot of throwing up, diarrhea, insomnia and losing my mind...but considering the stress I was under, it made it worse. I made it though, and many others before me and since made it too...it can be done.
    Lvg nghtmare and freeme47 like this.

...that was immediately followed by 8 years of prison (for burglaries to support a habit), work release and finally freedom! Two years after I was in a car accident and hurt my back, pain pills got me right back to it, regrettably! Now my journey begins again to be free of the grips of addiction, crime to support it, and inevitable incarnation. I never had so much to lose as now...my kids...so, I'm here. After years of borrowing from Peter to pay Paul, to get what I need, I found myself broke on the day I needed money to get my doses. And I just had enough and decided to quit. And like a nod and a wink from up above (whether you believe in God, Karma or The Force, there's something out there bigger than us ...), the day after I decided to stop the madness I received some unexpected money, not a fortune mind you, but enough to where I could have gone to the clinic to pick up more methadone...but I refuse to give in, my mind is made up to beat this and get to the other side of it. The little money will grow and be better saved or used for good instead of prolonging my misery. Enough has been spent selfishly for so long on these drugs and for what? To inevitably be more miserable and suffer through withdrawals one day! I'm done with this lifestyle, the lies, the hidden truth of being under the control of chemicals that do nothing but slowly take away my joy and freedom in so many ways!...more later, and big words from a guy only on day two...but it can be done.

Hey mike, how are you doing today? I'm in UK so I don't know what time it is over there. You have been through a lot as have most addicts. Something that I've decided to do is write down my life story to remind me where I've been as our addicted minds have a way of making us feel as if we weren't that bad and we didn't do all those crazy things for our DOC. I know my mind works like that and my god I've done some things I would rather forget but today I am a stable, responsible, mother of 2 that dosnt want that life anymore. Some days it is a struggle but I get days or moments where I feel a wave of happiness for being 41 days clean.

We have to remember it will take time for our bodies and brains to heal, even after the physical withdrawals we question whether we will ever be happy again but we will. I got up early this morning and met a friend and went for a walk in the freezing fog and felt so good when I came home. Just small things can seem so rewarding.

Hope you are doing ok keep posting and remember 'one day at a time'. Saving that money must make you feel so much better then throwing it away on something that is slowly destroying you. I hope today is a good day for you. T
    DravenDomnq and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Good Morning T. Thank you for writing, I certainly needed it this morning. Last night was rough, couldn't sleep and then at 1AM just as I finally was almost there my daughter awoke coughing and with a fever, I am the one who cares enough to take care of the kids since I'm not working right now (although even if I had to be up at 4 am and at a construction site, I would stay up all night to take care of my kids...my wife is different and doesn't possess that instinct, but that's another story!). Maybe it's all for the best as taking care of my daughter took my mind off of my own discomfort. We both dozed off, and slept on and off for a few hours, so I'm thankful for that. I'm only on day 3, there's a long road ahead...but I look forward to getting better. T., I would like to read your life story, but don't know how that would work or if you would post it here, I have an email address but again don't know the proper etiquette here, sorry. I've just woke up and now have to take care of the kids breakfast and the usual daily stuff at the house. I'll post more later.
    DravenDomnq and freeme47 like this.

cari14 is offline New Member

Default Same Boat

I quit yesterday at noon. Let's stay in touch.

Same Boat, you got it, we will, hope what I share can help you also overcome this.

Day 3, 8:36 AM: this is one tricky sickness! Barely slept last night, mind racing, couldn't get comfortable, body restless, didn't really know when I was awake or asleep, remember no dreams (and thought I would have some vivid ones!), now in the morning after finally and gratefully getting a little rest...I feel no withdrawals! So weird...but I'll run with it, enjoy my reprieve from the madness, and try to get some stuff done while I feel half-way normal. Trying to stay positive, not only do I really want this over, I need it! Gotta get back to work and make money. There's a possibility I can acquire my HVAC Contractor's license...very difficult with a past felony background, but with a slim chance I'll try. I know I'm only into day three...according to the "internet" (which I take with a huge grain of salt!), the methadone is still in my system up to 3-5 days later. I don't want to trick my mind into feeling any worse, I know given the length of time I've been on this garbage it may linger and prolong my misery, chemistry, metabolism, etc...but I also know everyone reacts differently...so only time will tell. Gotta stay positive, stay hydrated, multi-vitamins, protein, good old fashioned sunshine, staying busy doing something with my body moving, mentally busy so as not to dwell on it...and just get on with life! More later...

Day 3: Things to look forward to: Being mentally, physically and spiritually free of this addiction. Being a better person and less selfish. Having more time to enjoy life. Having the financial freedom to chose what to do with the money I'll have. Health and fitness. Real relationships. Better Sex. The rest of my life!

Day 3, 3:25 PM: Feeling like doing nothing, the couch and a good movie would just be heaven right about now, walked past the unmade bed and dishes in the sink all day. No I know what an extreme procrastinator feels like! Man, I just don't want to do anything...but I have to. So, as soon as this is typed (I'm outside in the bitter cold having a cigarette), I have to get my stuff done! Feeling like I have a bad flu...and high chances that I do, my kids are sick. Oh the drug gods are having their last laugh at my expense, withdrawals and an added cold, yay. But whatever, I'll get through it somehow.

P.S. won't be able to post much tomorrow. My wife will be home (who only thinks I have the common cold, like the kids, and when seeing me smoke has no empathy "how can I believe you're sick when you go out to smoke!", yeah, real nice.), but the drama wound be 10 times worse if she knew the truth! So, I'm on my own...but that's ok.

Hey mike, bless you, this bit is bloody tough. I know that feeling of so much to do but no energy or will to do anything. I kept saying to myself, "this will pass". It does. It will take time for your body and mind to get to where you want it to be but the intense feelings do go. hang on in there mike, day 3 is amazing and it's 3 days away from your old sick life. Each step is a step away. I don't know if these words help but I remember feeling so alone and wondered if I would ever feel well again. I did and you will to. One thing I will say, until I got my act together and started eating better and drinking more water I didn't feel too great. I would get out of bed in the morning after a sleepless night and have to get my 2 kids sorted and it was so hard, I felt like I was walking through treacle. Moving and doing stuff did help the time pass and hot baths as hot as you can with Epsom salts. How I didn't scald myself I don't know but it was the only place I felt comfortable. Drinking Indian Tonic Water really helped with my RLS and spidery feeling.

Soon you will be on day 4, nearly a week. Keep going. Speak soon T.

Good Morning and Happy New Year T., and anyone else out there! I'm on Day 5 now...pretty sure it's all out of my system, still feeling the waves of acute withdrawals but certainly better than before, so far, I'm happy to report! A bit of trouble getting and staying asleep, low energy, restlessness....but zero desire to use anything narcotic! Being on methadone for four years did help with that part, for me, for sure! Still not out of the woods yet, and still have some fear that this thing could raise its ugly head and surprise me somehow with a new bout of symptoms...but, I honestly doubt it and if it's more mind over matter, I'm staying positive that the worst is over! If that's the case, I'm blessed. Thank you T., I'm very grateful that you gave me kind words of encouragement in my time of need! And you are absolutely right, more water and healthier eating does make all the difference in the world. I've neglected myself in those regards for so long, living off of coffee, soda and fast food and just treating my body like >>>> for the longest! It's amazing how the drugs will mask my poor health and trick me into believing everything's O.K.! I'm sure that lifestyle severely dehydrated me daily and now that I'm forcing myself to drink more water daily it's helping a lot. I was going to do the Thomas Recipe, minus any benzo's or prescription drugs if things felt unbearable, but thank God I didn't need to! It's been mult-vitamins, protein, water, Immodium and rest for my daily intake. Mentally, this forum and everyone who wrote in helped a lot, especially you T.! It's still early in the morning here and throughout this, the time I feel my best for some reason...but I feel good considering I thought by now I would be dry-heaving! I do occasionally get the crazy "shotgun-sneazing", watery eyes and feelings of a big emptiness inside, but it comes in waves, then goes away completely and I feel 100% normal again, weird I know, and I guess everyone's journey is a little different, but we all came from the same place. More later, and if anyone out there's going through it, Sameboat I hope you're doing alright, it can be done and you can do this...it gets greater later!

Happy new year to you too. So glad you felt ok this morning, I still sneeze randomly, weird isn't it? I'm off to meeting tonight which I really don't want to go to as it's so cold and miserable at the moment but I know I'll feel better after I've been. Stayed in New Year's Eve not drinking any alcohol which was better than waking with hangover, something we don't need right? Hope your day treats you well, kids ok? Mine have been getting cabin fever and have had few fights, roll in school, love em really. Here's to a clean and healthy new year. Tracy.

Tracy, thank you for the message! For some reason I feel worse as the day goes on, and I needed someone to check in on me right when you did, perfect timing! It was unusually cold here yesterday (40 degrees Fahrenheit), so I definitely agree that the cold is no good...although bundled up the fresh air feels nice. My kids are also restless with being home from school, testing my thin patience at every step but I love them like crazy and when they're being sweet and good it is the best and makes me forget I'm sick, temporarily. My daughter goes back this Wednesday (I'm dreading having to get up and go, as I have to walk her into the classroom!), my son is off until next week...he gets in less trouble alone, which I do look forward to! Also I promised to take him to see Rogue One, so I'm looking forward to that and hope I'm feeling at least 25% better by then (in about 4-5 days). Good luck with you're meeting tonight! I think it's a bit like working out or going to the gym, it's hard to get there sometimes...but the end result and when you walk out, it feels great and is always worth it! Thank you for helping me on this journey, every kind word is much appreciated! -Mike

...and I also stayed in on New Years Eve, actually went to bed around 10:30, I didn't feel bad for missing all the fun, I've had a lifetime of fun at those parties and certainly don't miss the hangovers! I actually quit drinking all together a few years back, so I'm good. My wife drinks and it's a constant problem, fights, etc. So I have no desire to go back. I have no problem with people who can have a few, responsibly, but for me the desire is gone and I need to be more responsible and available for my kids.

Day 5, 11:22 AM, New Year's Day 2017: This withdrawal jumps from physical symptoms, and then passes to semi-normal with a side order of zero energy...then to the mental side, nearly crying while watching a movie with my kids (mind you this coming from a man who was in the military, prison, construction, tattoos, etc.) but my emotions have been completely numb for years by drugs I guess. Looking forward to getting back into the gym, getting strong again and getting this body back into peak physical shape again. Lots going on in my life, happy I'm starting to see it all with a clear mind (ok, completely foggy, tired mind, but I feel it getting clearer and see the light at the end of the tunnel). More later. Bad as it sounds, so grateful my wife is at work today, yesterday was damn near unbearable with her here, zero support, constant bickering and just down right negative (of all times, I don't need it now, lol), but I'm OK and today's a better day. Can't wait to get to a full week, then month, then year...

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SURVIVORMIKE View Post
    Day 5, 11:22 AM, New Year's Day 2017: This withdrawal jumps from physical symptoms, and then passes to semi-normal with a side order of zero energy...then to the mental side, nearly crying while watching a movie with my kids (mind you this coming from a man who was in the military, prison, construction, tattoos, etc.) but my emotions have been completely numb for years by drugs I guess. Looking forward to getting back into the gym, getting strong again and getting this body back into peak physical shape again. Lots going on in my life, happy I'm starting to see it all with a clear mind (ok, completely foggy, tired mind, but I feel it getting clearer and see the light at the end of the tunnel). More later. Bad as it sounds, so grateful my wife is at work today, yesterday was damn near unbearable with her here, zero support, constant bickering and just down right negative (of all times, I don't need it now, lol), but I'm OK and today's a better day. Can't wait to get to a full week, then month, then year...
    You're doing great Mike! Zero/low energy and motivation is definitely part of the detox process and usually one of the last things to return to normal. The crying is also very normal too, all these things will get better in time. Stay hydrated with water and Gatorade, eat healthy, avoid caffeine for a while and get some exercise whenever you can? Stay the course! Best well... God bless us all!

Hey mike, yes the zero energy is a killer, hated it. Still get moments when I can't be bothered to even get out of bed but I push myself, have a hot then cold shower and listen to music to get me going. It really is one day at a time, you will feel better I promise but it will take our minds and bodies a while yet to feel how we want it to feel. I also want to get back to being fit and healthy, I also was in army (British) and used to be so fit and healthy, ok I was in my 20's but we can still be the best we can be. I'm going to start walking more to start with, you are right if you wrap up well, fresh air is good.

As for you going into school with your daughter, you know when I dreaded those moments in the first week, seeing other mums, talking to teacher etc. On my 3rd day I had to take my 11 year old son to doctors as he was really ill, that was a challenge but I did find doing things that took my mind of how I was feeling helped a lot. Like the meeting last night, I didn't want to go but did feel better, just listening to how everyone else was dealing with their lives was nice to listen and stop obsessing over myself which as an addict I'm told we do a lot.

My boys love Star Wars and said they thought Rogue One was the best. I wouldn't know as I haven't watched a single Star Wars film (unheard of I know). Although I'm not a chick flick person either, watched 'London has fallen' on New Year's Eve and loved it. Give it a try.

Anyway gotta go kids are calling me. Take it easy mike. Slowly does it, soon you will feel good/great again. Tracy.

I'm back, they just needed my bank details for a game, yeah right! So if it helps any, I think you have been on one hell of a journey and if you can get through withdrawals in prison you can get through it now with your beautiful children who love and need their dad, a rood over your head and a food in your belly. Remembering someone saying the same thing to me once. hope you are hanging in there today. T

Hi Tracy! Usually my phone gets the messages to me quicker but oddly enough today took a long time or I would've responded sooner. Thank you for checking in on me, knowing how far you've come to get to where you're at now is encouraging for me, and something I too look forward to! It's also nice to have another parent who can relate to the ups and downs, and us both having gone through the military is another common ground. Today's been hectic for me, my wife had the day off and I really didn't expect it! Forced myself outside (the weather here changed to much warmer, 70's today, more bearable!) so I busied myself outdoors, cutting palm fronds, taking down the Christmas lights, the most I've done in six days...and I'm feeling it, lol! My symptoms now are the lethargic feelings, no energy, minor aches, hard to sleep all night, etc...but I know it'll get better and I'll get through it. Definitely feeling a little weird, for lack of a better term, but I know I've put my mind and body through the proverbial wringer...so now it's letting me know! Too funny about your boys asking for the bank details to buy a game! The tablets I got for my kids have been a lifesaver through this ordeal (that and Netflix, and all their Christmas toys to keep them preoccupied and out of Daddy's hair!). I have become a champion Candyland player the past six days, although my fantasy would've been a great book collection and a hammock on a secluded beach! But they're awesome kids and I'm grateful that I didn't decide to quit when they were adults! I'll be able to write more tomorrow, my wife is at yoga now, but will return soon. I can read this anytime day or night, but me typing this feverishly on my phone gets her very suspicious. Take care and thank you as always. Mike.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

And I completely agree, staying busy keeps my mind off of it, as well as hearing about how other's, like you, are coping with it all helps. Glad you're meeting was beneficial, I've been to some and nearly always got something out of them! I'll check out London Has Fallen, thank you, I'm a big book and movie fan (although I haven't the time for books anymore, wish I did...loved to really get lost and immersed in a good read!), hope you have a good night (or day, it's 6pm here!)
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Morning mike. How are you today? What day are you on? I didn't get a lot of sleep last night and I'm feeling it this morning, feel grumpy and no energy. Going to get my hair done which hopefully will cheer me up. I've spent all of November and December eating junk and smoking too much as all I was concentrating on was getting through each day. I'm on day 45 today and enough is enough, I do keep saying that but it really is now. I am the only one who can change how I feel. Sorry if I'm sounding negative. What I do realise is it's nothing to do with not taking pills it's just life and I've just got to live it the best way I can. So today is a new day and I'm going to get stuff done. Please don't think things won't get better for you, they will, ibe felt so much better then I did. No more chemist runs and the fear if they didn't have my script, has all gone, that's an amazing feeling. I'm just not helping myself as much as I should be. So maybe we can help each other with getting to the best we can be, one step at a time.

I don't know about you but I do want to give up smoking next as they are so expensive and I do hate the smell. I always associated smoking and coffee with, every morning I would drop kids off at school, come home take my suboxone then I would have a coffee and a cigarette, mostly what I lived on throughout the day. So I've got to change the patterns I've created and create new healthy ones. I did get up this morning and put rubbish out, de iced the car, and cleaned kitchen. Just moving helped. Anyway, hope you don't mind me sounding off this morning, it's nice talking to others who know exactly how I feel. Hope you got a good night sleep. It's 10.50 am here at the moment. Here's to a good day. Tracy.

Hi Tracy! (O.K., I've figured it out, the time zone difference from Florida to the UK is five hours, so being that it's 7:25AM for me it must be 12:25PM for you). I'm on Day 7 today! I always knew I would make it to today without any kind of drugs, I was just fearful of the withdrawals, and honestly so far they could have been worse but it's certainly been no "walk in the park"! I am happy to share that it's getting better though! I too didn't sleep well last night, stayed up later than I should have and then didn't sleep well. But how good is it today with no running around with the usual stress of the whole gambit of finding, using, wasting money on drugs? So happy to be done with that lifestyle, and happy that you are too! Can't believe you brought up the smoking and coffee, we really are alike in many ways! I too want to quit and get healthy again, but I need a little time, at least to get to your 45 day mark (and congratulations by the way!), right now I'm actually smoking more than ever with these withdrawals and I know it's not helping anything, but with the way I feel and the constant need to go out of the house (well not really out, but out on the back pool deck) I find myself smoking more than before! It is definitely a goal to overcome and I've quit before so I know it's possible. Don't ever worry about sharing anything negative, it's all part of life, one day at a time, and I don't shy away easily from it, lol. I'm sure you'll feel much better after getting your hair done, it's always great to treat ourselves to something healthy like that that makes us feel good. Wish I could see the "before and after" picture of your trip to the salon so I could give you more than an imaginary compliment! I'm grateful that I've found a friend in this time when I needed one most, as you can see not many responded on this post for whatever reason, so you're certainly a Godsend! I'll help you in any way I can and by all means, so don't be afraid to say whatever is on your mind moving forward. Hope you have a really good day today and a blessed life that you've worked hard to get back in balance! Talk soon. Mike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast