Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree41Likes
Jumping Off - Can't Handle Taper Any Longer
    RightTurn33 is offline Member

Default An Update On Continued Withdrawal Symptoms - 12 Days Clean

Seeing/Feeling Signs of Steady Improvement Across All W/D Symptoms:

Insomnia: Night before last began taking Trazadone - no improvement first night. Last night took 50 mg. along with 1.5 mg. Melatonin, and finally was able to get ~ 4 hours interrupted sleep. This is huge, as I essentially was not sleeping at all for past couple weeks. My objective is to be off any sleeping aids, except maybe herbs in 10 days or so. I think my body and neurochemical activity (dopamine, serotonin, gaba, etc.) are in the beginning of the resetting stage, having been suppressed for years by opioid activity.

Body Temperature Regulation: Improving Daily. No bone-chilling cold sweats yesterday (which was a first). Overall better body temperature regulation.

Energy Level: Made it to gym yesterday for first time since before Christmas (before w/d symptoms and jump from tapering). Easy elliptical workout and hot shower helped all aspects of w/d sickness.

Depression: The improvements in all listed w/d symptom categories have definitely made me look forward with renewed hope.

RLS: Still present, but improving. Thank the heavens.

I seriously may not have made it this far after I was forced to jump from a controlled taper (probably would have been hospitalized) without the help and encouragement from member here. I cannot thank you enough!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Platinum Member

Hey right turn. Thanks for stopping by my house with those kind words. You're always welcome!! I'm glad you could take something from my journey thus far. It all just started as a way to vent and put to paper, so to speak what I was feeling and dealing with. I never expected that it would lead to all these amazing people I've met along this journey. And these friendships that I have made and all my new friends who helped to motivate me and tell me it's gonna be ok when I was feeling down. I love this place and I can't go a whole day without checking in. I'm all about helping that one person who is either too scared to post or suffering in silence. I used to be that guy lurking and just reading, and I'm so happy I got the courage to start my own thread and it's been more than I could have ever imagined.
    As you know we all heal at different rates (which sux). Some of us are good after a week, and some not. But I did read that things are slowly starting to level out. That's great!! Progress!! AWhenever I felt a bit down I would re read and remember all the suffering I was going through when I made that first post and instantly felt better. It kept me positive on my bad days.

You're doing so great!! Keep it rolling! It only gets better.
    We're so proud of you!!
    Beef
    RightTurn33 likes this.

Default 15 Days - Quick Update

Making progress. Seems like it's 2 steps forward, 1.5 steps back. RLS definitely seems to be getting better. Today the cold sweats are making a return - why? Haven't got a clue. Insomnia a little better. Relatedly, fatigue improved. Depression remains an issue. I don't feel I've turned the corner yet, but it may be in sight. I made it to gym today for a light elliptical workout - trying to re-establish a consistent workout schedule. Getting there. Thanks.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Maxheadrum is offline Member

Keep it up Right turn!

As you know, exercise is great to get rid of the depression and helps sleep.
    Like you, I've exercised a ton over the years and I have found that while I have jumped off in the past, being active has helped me immensely.

Keep posting and keep up the great work!
    Lvg nghtmare and RightTurn33 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxheadrum View Post
    Keep it up Right turn!

As you know, exercise is great to get rid of the depression and helps sleep.
    Like you, I've exercised a ton over the years and I have found that while I have jumped off in the past, being active has helped me immensely.

Keep posting and keep up the great work!
    Thanks Max! No one can be expected to understand what a real detox off pain meds is, unless they experience it themselves. Truly the most difficult experience I've ever had. And as another poster had mentioned - in a weakened state due to withdrawal symptoms, the task to take care oneself properly through good lifestyle practices (diet, exercise, sleep, mindfulness, etc.) becomes an almost insurmountable task. This truly takes a Herculian effort.

Yes it does but you have it in you!
    God only gives the toughest issues to the ones with the biggest shoulders to sustain the weight.
    He knows we can handle it bro and be an example to others.

I'm not a hugely religious person but I do believe very much in that.

Autumnhopes is offline Member

Hello Right turn
    Congrats on your progress! I'm on day 5 withdrawals from Nucynta. I've been back-and-forth on opiates for the past couple years and it's been a rough road but I'm so tired I'm just so so tired of this and I finally broke down and told my husband the truth and he was very upset that he didn't know that I have been back on opiates again for the past few months...
    i'm proud of the way you were able to taper and do that so well and stick to it!! Your mindset is positive
    I also read your comment on another thread about the loss of your son and I wanted to say that that story really touched me and I'm sorry about your loss and that you're having to go through the pain of this now too I can't imagine what you're feeling but my heart really goes out to you!
    RightTurn33 and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnhopes View Post
    Hello Right turn
    Congrats on your progress! I'm on day 5 withdrawals from Nucynta. I've been back-and-forth on opiates for the past couple years and it's been a rough road but I'm so tired I'm just so so tired of this and I finally broke down and told my husband the truth and he was very upset that he didn't know that I have been back on opiates again for the past few months...
    i'm proud of the way you were able to taper and do that so well and stick to it!! Your mindset is positive
    I also read your comment on another thread about the loss of your son and I wanted to say that that story really touched me and I'm sorry about your loss and that you're having to go through the pain of this now too I can't imagine what you're feeling but my heart really goes out to you!
    Autumn - happy that you were honest with your husband and wish you the best with your recovery. My SO takes Nucynta for rheumatoid arthritis - think she just takes 1 per day, 2 on higher pain days. My taper went very well at first - was able to decrease my opiates by 2/3's before I was thrown into w/d's. It's been tough since, but I'm hanging in there. Thanks for your kind words about my son - I have never shared this information online before, just a really tragic situation. Keep us updated on how you are doing
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Thank you for your kind words!! They mean so much. Today is day 6 & im still shaky but feeling a little better. Withdrawals are pretty tough so it's great to have this community forum to share with. We all understand
    RightTurn33 likes this.

Default 3 Weeks+ Update

No cravings. Pain level mediocre. Secondary phase w/d symptoms continue to be a difficult issue - anxiety, rls, insomnia, chills / cold sweats. My neurotransmitters are resetting/re-balancing. I know this. And I know everyone deals with this. I know the fact that I was taking pain meds for 10 years including duo opioids is directly correlated with how long this process will take (for me).

I read where medium to intense aerobic exercise is not advised due to the physical and run-down nature of your body/brain from detox and re-setting. It can actually make symptoms worse. The recommendation is to walk 45 to 60 minutes per day, which is what I've been trying to do. So, no cardio/weights for the time being.

Thanks for ongoing support.
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Platinum Member

You're doing great! Keep it going. Soon all those pesky little symptoms will be behind you. It gets easier as you keep racking up the clean days. Proud of you!!

Beef
    RightTurn33 likes this.

Can't agree more with Beef. It's taken 4 weeks for me to even be comfortable with laying in bed. Hang in there Right Turn!

We will pull through this day together. If you need anything, let me know. In between house shopping, I'll be checking in throughout the day.

I am PROUD of you!!
    RightTurn33 and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Just swerving by to see how you are doing. Hope you are well

Default 4 Weeks Tomorrow

Just swerving by to see how you are doing. Hope you are well
    Thanks Max, hanging tough, hope you are well.

All secondary w/d symptoms slowly improving. Insomnia continues to be pretty severe. I still have nights where I'm getting about an hour of sleep - and that trashes me for the next day, just cannot function. I'm taking .25mg klonopin per night, and not real happy about taking anything at this point. Anxiety is the reason for the sleeplessness. I'm working on developing a consistent meditation program. Still a work-in-progress here while I await for neurotransmitters to replenish.

Default 5 1/2 Week Update

Slow Improvement with all secondary w/d symptoms (insomnia, cold sweats, RLS, anxiety, lack of interest, etc.) I'm doing my best to do everything I can to aid in the rebalancing of neurotransmitters - clean whole foods, plant-based diet, meditation, working out.

I'd say I'm about 50% thru the process.

This entire getting clean process, from the moment I was thrown into withdrawal symptoms, until now (~7 weeks), has been the most difficult experience of my life (which includes dealing with the OD death of my 21 yr. old son). If I would have had drug cravings on top of this - there is no way I would be successful. I have a profound respect for those fighting this monster who crave opiates, profound!

Again, thanks for reading and for the kind support and encouragement I've received.
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Right turn you're doing great!! I'm proud of how you've stuck by your guns, through a tough withdrawal! You're doing amazing.... keep up the great work!!
    RightTurn33 likes this.

Right turn-

Been a little since I've been on the site but I wanted to check in to see how you are doing.

First...HUGE high five on the 5 1/2 weeks! Amazing to watch people fight this and WIN. And you are carrrying on in terrific way. You and I will always be forever linked to the personal tragedies we have experienced, and shared, with one another.

There is zero doubt that Matt is watching this and is cheering like crazy for his dad.
    And although you and I have never met, I believe in my heart that Matt and Travis are becoming fast friends.

You sharing your story was very touching and it made me realize I am not alone in losing someone to this disease.
    And our collective use led us to this site and has led us both down a path of sobriety.

What an amazing gift.

keep fighting the good fight and know that I am pulling for you. As Beef says you are right where you need to be.

And hats off to you Autumn for coming clean with your husband. That takes guts and to do that and stay on the path to recovery is inspiring!

Keep us posted!
    RightTurn33 likes this.

Default 8 Weeks

I'm Healing.

Starting to get some sleep on consecutive nights. I'd estimate 4 hrs. I don't need much more than 5. Still have nights where I'm getting only an hour sleep - then I'm trashed the next day. I've been listening to binaural beat / isochronic tones music for insomnia - definitely helps get you into REM stage sleep (vivid dreams).

Cold Sweats, improving.

Anxiety improving.

RLS - pretty much gone.

Sense of Self and energy levels, improving.

I've been working out on a more steady basis. Pain levels have increased with activity level. I'm taking a couple Tylenol, or Advil every other day - doesn't help much.

I know getting off all pain medication and rewards reaped in the long run will dwarf any price I pay from physical and mental withdrawal symptoms.

As always, I'm continually grateful for the support and knowledge received.

An Actually - It Is 7 Weeks, Not 8. I guess that's positive I'm not focused on days since I went CT anymore.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-18-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Right Turn -

That is excellent news. Congratulations!

Hoping you stay on the path you are on.
    It just keeps on getting better!

Right Turn -

That is excellent news. Congratulations!

Hoping you stay on the path you are on.
    It just keeps on getting better!
    Thanks Max - hope you are doing well, thanks for the encouragement!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12