Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
Jumping Off - Can't Handle Taper Any Longer
    RightTurn33 is offline Member

Default Jumping Off - Can't Handle Taper Any Longer

I'm at 2.75 pills of 10/325 Oxycodone per day divided into 4 doses. I've completely come off 60mg MsContin a heavy dose of gabapentin and Zanaflex (muscle relaxant)- was done with those 3 probably week and half ago. I thought I could taper off Oxycodone over the next 4 weeks - ain't happening. I've been in withdrawal for over a week now and I'm so over staring at the clock to see when 6 hours has transpired so I can take my next dose of percoset. I started the percoset taper at 4 pills. I have klonopin and will take the first 3 or 4 days as sparingly as possible. I have Imodium and powerade for electrolytes.

Mentally and physically I cannot do this anymore. I'm worried. Midnight tonight last dose.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

10years39days is offline Member

Congrats on your progress so far! You’ve already accomplished something that is terribly difficult! You’re committed to this next step - you’re in control. You’ve got this!
    Beefaroni7272 and RightTurn33 like this.

Anonymous Guest

I never was able to taper well, so congrats on making it as far as you have. It might get rough as you go through the next several days, but you sound committed to it. Just remember it’s only temporary. You can get through it!
    Beefaroni7272 and RightTurn33 like this.

Default 36 hours Into Jump

Maybe a half hour sleep over past 2 nights. Symptoms of withdrawal so far:

Anxiety - feels like every cell in my body is in fight or flight mode. I am on edge. I am on a precipice, I am on a knife's edge.

Restless Leg Syndrome. Wouldn't mind if my legs were amputated - right below the hip, leave a little stump so I can get prosthetics. I have taken one 2 mile walk during this extended Holiday period . The weather is way too severe: tons of snow. Now, mileage from pacing back and forth inside - I'd estimate that at 45 miles. or, 30 miles per day. (perception and accuracy may be an issue here).

There's No Ability to concentrate. Zero, Nada.

Irritabilty: very high - even I recognize it in myself,

Sweating and cold/hot flashes were good during first day, I'm hoping this continues.

Chills continue to be an issues - have to wear gloves inside at times.

I took an epsom salt bath yesterday - hot water felt good, unsure how much epsom salts help,

Digestive Issues - diarrhea beginning. I'm taking Immodium

Sneezing - bouts of 3 sneezes in a row several times daily. Runny nose.

Pain levels - I have mesh implanted in both sides of groin, Mesh erosion and poor design and multiple surgeries led me to pain management doctors. I have a spinal cord stimulator implant. It is helpful at times for certain types of pain. Bottom line - I have implants and surgeries that have caused severe nerve damage. I have been diagnosed with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (RSD/CRPS). I have decided to do whatever is possible to deal with my pain without meds. Tami (wife) is worried I will not be able to completely get off meds due to pain issues. There is another motivating factor for me - to prove her wrong

I have prescribed gabapentin and klonopin I'm using. It's early, but my devastation level is probably a 7 with it, compared to a 9 without. The gabapentin I had completely weaned myself off as of about 10 days ago, then I read where it is abnormally helpful to quite a few individuals with withdrawal symptoms. So, I began taking 800 mg'day and will ramp to 1000 mg today.

After 4 days I will taper use of kpins and gabapentin.

I don't have any problems abusing drugs. I am heavily physically dependent - although to be honest with myself, I know there is also a psychological component to dependence.

I know I am going to be depressed afterwards. I am seeing a counselor 3 days after I am done with the cold turkey.

I know I can do this.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-31-2017 at 09:06 AM.
    Autumnhopes and eazzye like this.

eazzye is offline Member

i know that it’s difficult, i finally have reached day 7 and these dang sneezes WILL NOT stop, i’ll sneeze up to 7x in a row, i kind of find that part of all this funny. your chills and night sweats will probably come and go randomly honestly, usually around 72 hours in, although i’m getting off suboxone so my withdrawals tend to last a bit longer, as your physical symptoms should be ending in about a week. everyone on here has been so kind and given me wonderful tips, i don’t think i could have made it this far w/o them. get yourself some vitamins, LOTS OF THEM, dramamine for the dizziness and to help you rest (benadryl could work too) and stay hydrated with gatorade and water, also try to eat something bland if you can stomach it. yesterday was the first day i was able to keep something down. you WILL get through this and it WILL get better. happy new year and best wishes!

-e
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-31-2017 at 09:22 AM.
    RightTurn33 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eazzye View Post
    i know that it’s difficult, i finally have reached day 7 and these dang sneezes WILL NOT stop, i’ll sneeze up to 7x in a row, i kind of find that part of all this funny. your chills and night sweats will probably come and go randomly honestly, usually around 72 hours in, although i’m getting off suboxone so my withdrawals tend to last a bit longer, as your physical symptoms should be ending in about a week. everyone on here has been so kind and given me wonderful tips, i don’t think i could have made it this far w/o them. get yourself some vitamins, LOTS OF THEM, dramamine for the dizziness and to help you rest (benadryl could work too) and stay hydrated with gatorade and water, also try to eat something bland if you can stomach it. yesterday was the first day i was able to keep something down. you WILL get through this and it WILL get better. happy new year and best wishes!

-e
    Thanks eazzye for the tips and encouragement - really proud and happy for you.
    eazzye likes this.

Default 72 Hours Post-Jump

All things considered, I'm doing ok. Haven't slept more than an hour per night. RLS is definitely decreasing. Cold sweats decreasing. Digestive issues - now constipated after taking immodium. Pain levels increasing. I'm pretty depressed. I'm hoping I'm turning the corner. Been taking epsom salt baths. Taking gabapentin and klonopin which I'll begin tapering off after today. No words or stories cabn prepare you for tapering, CT, or withdrawal symptoms. They are terrible. I can understand relapsing. I won't,but I get it now that I've experienced w/d.

Droppinthepoppy is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn33 View Post
    All things considered, I'm doing ok. Haven't slept more than an hour per night. RLS is definitely decreasing. Cold sweats decreasing. Digestive issues - now constipated after taking immodium. Pain levels increasing. I'm pretty depressed. I'm hoping I'm turning the corner. Been taking epsom salt baths. Taking gabapentin and klonopin which I'll begin tapering off after today. No words or stories cabn prepare you for tapering, CT, or withdrawal symptoms. They are terrible. I can understand relapsing. I won't,but I get it now that I've experienced w/d.
    Congrats on your decision! I totally understand what you are going through. Keep talking about it and you will get a lot of support. I can tell you that every time I wanted to give up, relief was around the corner. I’m just glad I stuck with it long enough to feel better. I took baths constantly until about day 30. Haven’t needed them since then. For leg pain at first, and then for anxiety. Exercise helped a lot too. When I thought I would go out of my mind with anxiety I ran a mile and felt better for several hours. Hang in there! The only way past it is through it, but I swear it is worth all the pain.

Default 96 Hours Into Jump

This past day has been difficult. RLS all night = no sleep. Cold sweats are definitely better. Anxiety is worse. I really hope I begin turning the corner as I am brain-dead from lack of sleep. I did manage to take a walk today and a too- hot shower. If the RLS would go away, that would go a long way to solving insomnia issue, as I find myself pacing the halls at night. I challenged+ myself to stay still for 10 seconds last night - I could not do it! Hanging tough!

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn33 View Post
    This past day has been difficult. RLS all night = no sleep. Cold sweats are definitely better. Anxiety is worse. I really hope I begin turning the corner as I am brain-dead from lack of sleep. I did manage to take a walk today and a too- hot shower. If the RLS would go away, that would go a long way to solving insomnia issue, as I find myself pacing the halls at night. I challenged+ myself to stay still for 10 seconds last night - I could not do it! Hanging tough!
    While we will all have different timelines, my RLS (the severe kind that you are talking about, that would keep me up at night) ended after 3 weeks. That isn't to say that for 21 days I was up all night with it, it got better from day 14-21 for me, and stopped bothering me during week 4, JUST after I complained on this board that I really couldn't take it anymore. Just like you said, my sleep became much better after that.

I was laughing at your challenge to stay still, because I COMPLETELY understand. I used to do meditation as part of my recovery, and I tried to meditate during the first two weeks and could not do it. I couldn't be still, not even for 5 seconds. Sometime in week 3, when I was so upset I thought I couldn't take it anymore, I tried again and lasted 5 minutes. Since then I have been able to do many 20-minute meditations successfully. I couldn't do it longer than 5 minutes until the RLS went away, but it has really helped my anxiety.

I promise you it gets better.
    RightTurn33 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Droppinthepoppy View Post
    While we will all have different timelines, my RLS (the severe kind that you are talking about, that would keep me up at night) ended after 3 weeks. That isn't to say that for 21 days I was up all night with it, it got better from day 14-21 for me, and stopped bothering me during week 4, JUST after I complained on this board that I really couldn't take it anymore. Just like you said, my sleep became much better after that.

I was laughing at your challenge to stay still, because I COMPLETELY understand. I used to do meditation as part of my recovery, and I tried to meditate during the first two weeks and could not do it. I couldn't be still, not even for 5 seconds. Sometime in week 3, when I was so upset I thought I couldn't take it anymore, I tried again and lasted 5 minutes. Since then I have been able to do many 20-minute meditations successfully. I couldn't do it longer than 5 minutes until the RLS went away, but it has really helped my anxiety.

I promise you it gets better.

Thanks Drop, RLS a tad better last night - still really bad. I meditate also, but haven't been able to since I went CT. Meditation, imo, is a must as there is a large part of this process that is mental and meditation has been shown scientifically to have beneficial effects on parts of the brain where we need repair/improvement. Take care.

Default 5 Days Clean

Spent a decade relying on pain meds, neuropathic meds and muscle relaxants to relieve nerve damage issues from groin surgeries.

Seems like the RLS wants to stick around and torture me. Another night, another hour(maybe) of sleep.

So beyond exhaustion.

My spinal cord stimulator has 15 of the 16 programs not working. I'm afraid I will have another major surgery to replace the internal pulse generator and leads in my thoracic region.

Just totally burnt out at this point.

I will not relapse.

Default 6 Days Since Last Dose Of Oxycodone - Report On Ongoing Withdrawal Symptoms

RLS BIG Time last night. No more than a 1/2 hour sleep. So, it's down to RLS and insomnia. It's also been ~ 2 weeks since my last dose of MS Contin.

I found a store that carries Hyland's Restful Legs - took first dose, helped within 5 minutes. Relief only lasted about 1.5 hours. Dosing is every 4 hours.

I did a stretching routine and some weighted squats.I haven't been able to exercise for about 2.5 weeks as I've been in one stage of withdrawal or another continuously over that time-frame and exhaustion and anxiety were way too high to think about getting a workout in.

I have not been able to meditate since I went ct 6 days ago - anxiety is ramped.

Tomorrow I plan on going to gym for a workout. I know I need to help myself by exercising.

This RLS stuff is much more serious than most realize.

I'm hoping for some drastic improvement in w/d symptoms soon.

Its going to start getting better soon. Just keep what you're doing, one day at a time. Proud of you!
    RightTurn33 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 10years39days View Post
    Its going to start getting better soon. Just keep what you're doing, one day at a time. Proud of you!
    Thanks so much 10yrs for the advice and support!

Default 9th Day From Jump

Much more difficult re: withdrawal symptoms than I EVER could have imagined, but then again, I was tapering for 6 weeks and wasn't anticipating jumping off from 30 mg. oxycodone per day. RLS, Insomnia, difficulty controlling body temperature and anxiety continue to be issues, but I am beginning to make incremental progress.

My brain (neurochemicals) just needs more time to reset as I was on 2 opiates and 2 other pain meds for almost a decade. My pain levels are at times very difficult to handle, but it's better doing it clean than swallowing multiple meds, multiple times per day. And it is 2018, and I am clean.

I'm getting there. Thanks for everyone's support.
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Maxheadrum is offline Member

Right turn-

Way to go on another day clean!
    For me, the RLS and the insomnia seem to be annoying but today is day 17 and I am feeing much much more optimistic.
    As beef says, keep racking up the clean days and Father Time will eventually give you back what is rightfully yours!

Hoping you have a calm and supportive day!
    RightTurn33 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxheadrum View Post
    Right turn-

Way to go on another day clean!
    For me, the RLS and the insomnia seem to be annoying but today is day 17 and I am feeing much much more optimistic.
    As beef says, keep racking up the clean days and Father Time will eventually give you back what is rightfully yours!

Hoping you have a calm and supportive day!
    Thanks Max! Aand congrats to you too - 17 days is awesome!

Thank you sir. It's a fragile time for us all but no need to face tomorrow in fear.
    You have NINE days clean. That rocks!!
    RightTurn33 likes this.

Default How are you doing today Right?

Thinking of you! One of these days you will wake up and ANOTHER symptom will be gone. Then another. Hang in there buddy.
    RightTurn33 likes this.

Driving by to check in on you.
    Hope to hear positive great stuff!
    RightTurn33 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Droppinthepoppy View Post
    Thinking of you! One of these days you will wake up and ANOTHER symptom will be gone. Then another. Hang in there buddy.
    Thanks Drop, doctor told me today that due to time on opioids, and the combo of the 4 I was on, it could be several weeks before reset starts being noticed. I hoping sooner.

Driving by to check in on you.
    Hope to hear positive great stuff!
    Thanks Max, saw doctor today and was given short term script - Trazadone - to help with drowsiness. Sleep is key, so then I can have energy to workout, and then I think all will be well.

Right turn-

Trazadone helped me too the first time around. As you know, sleep is so vital to our mental and physical health. Have you also tried melatonin or a sleepy tea product?
    Melatonin seemed to help me a little.

I am no pro but I DO believe that my own body has the amazing ability to heal itself. And I believe 100% that yours does too. But there is zero shame in finding alternative ways to get that sleep as we all walk a unique path to recovery.
    Hope I get on tomorrow and read about all
    The awesome sleep you got!
    RightTurn33 likes this.

Right turn-

Trazadone helped me too the first time around. As you know, sleep is so vital to our mental and physical health. Have you also tried melatonin or a sleepy tea product?
    Melatonin seemed to help me a little.

I am no pro but I DO believe that my own body has the amazing ability to heal itself. And I believe 100% that yours does too. But there is zero shame in finding alternative ways to get that sleep as we all walk a unique path to recovery.
    Hope I get on tomorrow and read about all
    The awesome sleep you got!
    I also believe our bodies are self-healing (especially given the proper nutrition), sped along faster through practice of a healthy lifestyle. The trazadone will help me heal myself quicker, as I don't remember sleeping much more than an hour per day since Christmas. I need shuteye. Hopefully just a day or two on Trazadone. thx.

Trazodone is awesome for sleep - I hope it works for you. I haven’t taken that stuff in over a decade. It would give me crazy dreams, and sometimes sleepwalking, but I sure did sleep good.

Best of luck and hope you get some ZZzz’s
    RightTurn33 likes this.

I should also note that throughout my “clean” experience I’ve only used Melatonin as a sleep aide. It wasn’t very effective for the beginning stages of withdrawal but now it’s doing its job effectively. Hope that helps.
    RightTurn33 likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

I used Valerian root and washed it down with a strong cup of sleepy time tea after a long hot shower. Seemed to work for me.
    RightTurn33 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 10years39days View Post
    I should also note that throughout my “clean” experience I’ve only used Melatonin as a sleep aide. It wasn’t very effective for the beginning stages of withdrawal but now it’s doing its job effectively. Hope that helps.
    10yrs. - thanks, how many milligrams are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    I used Valerian root and washed it down with a strong cup of sleepy time tea after a long hot shower. Seemed to work for me.
    thanks beef, all replies re: ongoing insomnia are helpful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast