Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree123Likes
Kicking a 1.5 year Oxy habit in the coming days with Suboxone and supplements.
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there.

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with your wife. Hopefully she'll come around and recognize just how hard you've worked to change your life and be just as proud of you as we all are here. Give her a little time and keep doing all the right things. Shower her with love and affection.

Randy

Smith9666 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by oxyblues View Post
    How are you doing Smith??

I'm doing well, thanks. Im currently tapering myself from something completely different then you but its going well. It's a slow taper and is not something that I get a high from so its not anything I care to go back up on. It's just a matter of keeping to it and not trying to taper too fast.

That's tough with your wife. I think we often times expect everyone around us to be so happy for us, because after all we are. But what we forget is that they are tired of our cr$p ha-ha. Bluntly put. They do not know if this is the 'last' time you're going to do this or the fact that you are serious about it and really want to do good.

If I were you, I would just be as understanding as you can. I'm sure she loves you but is just tired of it, you know? It's a lot harder on family then it is on those addicted. They do not get to self medicate on bad days, they get to watch you do it and it breaks their heart.

The best thing you can do is prove to her you're serious. Lay it all on the table. anything you have kept from her about this, now is the time to tell her. Anything as simple as how many you really were taking... How long or any secret that sounded like a good idea before.

I would even consider offering to let her read this blog that you have. Completely up to you but it would give her perspective into what you have done the last 4 days and why.

That's a tough position but only time can help. :-/

oxyblues is offline Member

Greatt advice guys and I apppreciate it. If you don't mind me asking Smith, what are you tapering from?

She had to go to LA today so we've been calling and texting back and forth and it does seem better already. Sometimes it's very black and white with her. It's either all good or all over. I think she will come around if I can keep us together long enough for her to realize through my actions that I really am changing forever. She loves me, but is tired of worrying about me. Who could blame her? But, we do have children together and it's in our best interests to try and reconcile. I just know she loves me deeply and will come around. We are already planning a small trip together and I;ll romance the hell out of her lol.

I can't believe you said that Catrina! The only thing I left out about coming home last night was that I stopped by the pharmacy and bought exactly the kind of test you are talking about (by the way, I got that idea from when YOU said it's day 3 and now you can pee without having any opiates show up! A light bulb went off and I looked into those tests)! I walked in and handed it to her and said anytime you want me to use this just left me know and I'll do it. I told her I'd do it every week if that was what would make her feel better.

I guess it's more about the accumulation of past hurts rather than the future. But, I swear we are an amazing couple when it's on and I plan on making it on again.

All I can do is not use anything ever again, get in great shape so I'm mentally happy, go about living my life with her and the kids in a positive manner and be the man she fell in love with. If that's not enough then I guess it was one hurt too many.

Right now she is texting and calling me non stop about how excited he is in her hotel for this business trip and telling me all about it. Come on now, would she be doing that if she wasn't in love with me?? At the very least she doesn't hate me and I can deal with that for right now.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-15-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Jake,

I'm glad you got to read my post. It appears to have disappeared. That happens sometimes. Who knows? One of the mysteries of this Forum.

You don't have to tell me, but how old are you and how long have you been married? Every marriage has rough spots and one the hardest ones is when we settle in and recognize that we're comfortable with one another and that passion is missing. The good news, in my opinion, is that the two of you are best friends. That really is an important factor. As we get older that's the one thing we can count on. Begin to date your wife again. Set a day of the week and make arrangements for a regular babysitter and go out on a date! Dinner, a movie anything that you have in common is most especially one of her favorite things to do even if you're only OK with whatever that is. You get it. Obviously you won her over once and likely more than once so you know how to do it. Don't smother her but hugs are important. Make the bedroom thing less important for a while. We never want to think that that's what it's all about. It will happen when SHE'S ready. Just don't make it all about that. Now that you're clean, I'm sure you want to get going on that but take your time. We don't like to think that your affection is all about getting into the bedroom. That's my two cents.

Hope you're feeling better and better. I'm so proud of you and I saw that you have begun to post on others' threads. I promise, that helps me so much and why I continue to hang around here.

Peace,

Cat

Thanks for the advice Catrina. I'm 42 and we've been married 17 years. The thing about my wife is she can be all over the place any given week. She's already apologizing to me and talking about all the great things we will be doing together soon. I should have known to give it some time and not freak out, but with the whole getting clean and coming home it just threw me off.

We do the date night thing...long dinners where we can talk and laugh, sometimes even dancing. Everything always works for us except for the 3 scrwe ups by me over the course of that 17 years.

Anyway, I'm sure we will be fine. I'll take it slow like you said and just be there for her not exepecting anything in return until she is ready.

Day 6 I believe and I feel good. Still can't sleep, but for some crazy reason it's not bothering me that much. It would be better if I was sleeping more, but I can deal.

I'll stick around and give my perspective on others threads where it seems I might be able to add a little wisdom.

Thanks Catrina

That's good to hear. You are going to be fine. Your journey is very much like mine. My sleep wasn't good at all for a bit but oddly, I didn't really feel tired. So weird, isn't it? I was physically spent but exercise helped. Poor sleep just makes the days feel so dang long.

You're a smart man. Actions speak louder than words. She'll notice the difference in you in her own time. Remember too, that newly clean our own emotions are all over the place and oftentimes we read things that aren't even there.

Peace,

Cat

You know what's funny. I am LOVING being so connected to my emotions! It feels so so good to feel everything again. The dumbest movie makes me cry. The dorkiest song gets my fists pumping. It's hilarious. I'm crying at least 5 times a day.

You want evidence. How's this...I had a 3 hour phone call with my mother in law last night and it was amazing. Haha!!

I have a feeling that a lot of people who start to abuse substances tend to feel things a little stronger than most. Especially those of us who prefer downers. It only makes sense and I know there is an entire recovery/psychology field out there that has this all figured out, but it's just an observation.

At any rate, it sure is nice feeling again!
    Catrina likes this.

Me too, Jake. I'm really, REALLY slow to get angry at anything. A few days after my detox, I lost my temper and it felt amazing! Ha! Me. I wish I cold have caught the reaction of my family when I did that. They had no response except a little slack jaw. I did cry at a Secret deodorant commercial though. Crazy but it did feel good. I actually didn't cry anymore than usual but I guess the emotion I was suppressing was anger and man oh man it felt good!

Peace,

Cat

In the spirit of full disclosure I feel I should tell everyone the sleep thing became a big issue. I stopped the benzo and gaba on nights 4 and 5 and only slept maybe 3 not good hours each night. So I woke up yesterday Day 6 at 3AM and was spent yet could not go back to sleep. That kind of tiredness also led to a more depressed mood and general malaise which I guess should be expected.

So what did I do? I pullled my tired booty up and worked out around 11:00 am after feeling sorry for myself for all those hours. The workout worked and improved my mental game massively as always, but as the day wore on I could barely function because of the lack of sleep. To make sure I got some sleep last night I again resorted to the benzo and I don't feel bad I did. It helped me get 5 hours of what is feeling like restful sleep.It finally caught up to me!!

Problem is, I know that can't be a long term solution for me. I understand this takes time, but I may be skipping around and trying different things. One thing I may end up doing is taking one dose of gabbapentin. I read all about it and apparently sleep is something it is precribed for off label and works wonders for some people. I guess there are worse things than taking a dose of gaba in the evening and getting some sleep. Still, holding out hope that I can overcome this naturally in the coming months as my brain gets sorted. Benzo as always is last resort when I'm a walking zombie.

Hope everyone is well!!

Good Morning Jake.

I know you'll be careful with the benzo's. You said you only had a few right? So you must be almost out. Don't get them refilled. It is what it is. I think I was on around Day 10 when I broke down and took one too. I just wanted to sleep and I did. I didn't take another of them after that. I started my detox with 3 of them and used one on each of two different nights during my first 5 days and then the final one. Smart to look for other things. Maybe try a good work out after dinner?

What a difference a week makes! You were packing your bags one week ago today.

Peace,

Cat

JohnP45 is offline New Member

You and I seem to be having very similar symptoms. I too have become over emotional since quitting. ( I am day three officially, although I rapid weaned over 10 days from 4.5 perc 10's) So the last two days before were a .5 at night when I couldn't sleep.

Anyway, my sleep is still bad. It's 3 AM before I can get any, and I have had around three hours a night. I don't want to use anymore Xanax, besides it doesn't seem to help much. I have only taken .5 of Xanax a night, but that has been for the last 4 nights. Tonight I may do 600 of Gabba, but that's it.

I don't mind the emotional stuff. It just means I must have really been shut down for two years. That's sad.

Hello Everyone,
    So, it's Day 9, soon to be 10 and what's great about that is I had to actually count to be sure. I thought I'd give everyone an update on how things are going.

The physical WDs are gone. I mean, I sneeze a few times a day I guess which is fun anyway. I might get an ache every now and then as a reminder, but nothing bad at all. But, it's all coming down to SLEEP and just generally being worn out and the mental game at this point.

As far as sleep, I'm not going to lie. Not a fun time. I think night 7 was the worst. I was up until 4am and took another gaba and thankfully got a few hours. I was also rained out that day so God must be watching. Then night 8 I needed sleep so bad that I did take a klonopin and the gaba and it worked. I slept about 6 or 7 hours. Then last night I took 300mg gaba and I didn't get to sleep (if that's what you want to call it) until midnight and slept fitfully if at all until I got up at 5am to go to work. That whole thing about not minding not getting sleep is out the window. This is a game changer and I need it solved. I know this is nothing new and pretty much everyone deals with it, but I need a plan here for long term sobriety and just general well being.

Having said that, I simply cannot turn to the easiest solution for me and that would be benzos. I can't do it. It's not like I like them or they get me high (they put me to sleep). It's that they aren't a long term solution anyway. Tolerance would build too fast and nobody wants to go down that road, especially me, as I have very intimate knowledge of the hell they can bring. I know I've been using them SPARINGLY, but it needs to stop and I know that already. So what to do?? The gaba works by itself if I take 600mg. That's too big a dose if you ask me. I know it's safe, but it makes me feel weird the next day and I don't want to live like that forever, plus tolerance will eventually be an issue I'm sure. Plus, I only have a few left and would rather not get them refilled. I've been working out so that's done already. Eating right, check. Ugh, what to do. Tried some trazadone I found and it had the opposite effect it seemed.

Here's the thing. I've had sleep issues in the past, well before any of this >>>>. That worries me. I was prescribed ambien years ago and was too scared to take it. My wife is telling me to take the ambien for at least a short while. By, the way, all seems to be going good with her again, thank God. I don't know why, but I'm reluctant to take it. I also have Vistrial, but it hasn't done much for me in the past. My wife takes a unisom every night and sleeps like a baby!

So, what do I do here? Any advice? Wait a while longer and have more sleepless nights in the hope that sleep returns?. I guess that's my penance. I could give in and take Ambien, millions do right? Ugh.

Tonight I'm going to take the vistrial and see what happens. I know it hasn't been long, but my job requires I get up early and I won't be able to keep this up much longer. I really only need 4 or 5 hours of actual sleep a night to make it!

I've also tried melatonin and a host of other homeopathic things in the past with no luck.

John,

How you doing??

Hi,

I know how frustrating AND exhausting this is. I'm glad that you want no part of the benzos. That's out of the discussion. Trazadone I agree. It had the same effect on me. Sleepy and jittery at the same time. That was no fun. Melatonin didn't help me much either in the beginning. Eventually it did but then again, maybe it was just my sleep returning. It does return it's just how do we manage until then. Your Day 9. Right? I think it was around the two week mark that I began to finally get some sleep. That's a part of the frustration. This isn't predictable like the detox was. I can probably tell you by the hour how you're apt to feel. The return of sleep is just different for all of us. So far, you've been following my timeline pretty closely so maybe two weeks will be the turning point for you too??

I really think that maybe you should go see your doctor. I'm not well versed in sleeping aids and I can't say which are safe for you and which are not. The problem I suppose in my way of thinking is that if you interrupt the healing, your body may not reboot enough for a natural sleep. I'm sure there's got to be something out there that isn't addictive but I'm talking about something else and don't know quite how to explain it. A non addictive sleep aid may not produce withdrawal symptoms as we know them but I tend to think that once you stop them, your body will have to adjust and learn how to sleep without them. ?? Am I making an ounce of sense here? This probably is best answered by your doctor.

I hear your frustration so this can be a dangerous time for you. Go have a good talk with your doctor and then weigh the options. You're a smart man. Listen to him and then make your own decision. Choose wisely.

Peace,

Cat

Thank you for the advice as usual Cat. It's Day 10 now.

I think I've made the realization that I'm simply expecting too much too soon. Last night I decided to take one unisom to test it out. I used the orange tab kind and not the antihistamine kind because Vistaril is an antihistamine and it hasn't worked for me in the past. It worked. It made me sleepy, and then I made the realization that for whatever reason, my WDs had returned yesterday. It wasn't just a bad gloomy day, it was as though I was back at day 5. It was only after I took the Unisom and was tired that I realized I had RLS fairly bad (enough to keep me awake anyway). So I took 300mg gaba and I finally fell asleep. I slept for 4 hours. I'm talking the real kind of sleep with dreaming and having the alarm wake me up. I woke up and felt entirely different. I don't think I had actually been sleeping most nights even though I thought I had been sometimes.

I quit 200mg oxy cold and expect to be sleeping 9 days later?! Yeah, well, there is a price to pay I'm afraid. I'm very thankful that it seems my WD wasn't as bad as most seem to go through (I really think the Gaba at high doses saved me). But, just because I made it through that in record time doesn't mean all is well and back to normal.

So I didn't take the klonopin and slept 4 full hours on one unisom and 300mg gaba. My guess is that as I continue to heal I will need a sleep aide but will be able to ditch the gaba. For now though, I will continue with the gaba as it is obvious I have some residual WDs that are preventing sleep. Of course, my brain isn't even close to healed yet and I totally agree that using benzos will hamper that process. Don't worry, the benzos are a last resort, like I'm a walking zombie option only.

My long term plan? Just hang in there and let it play out for awhile with the realization that this takes time and there are not any free lunches. Take the gaba for residual WDs at night and something to help induce sleep. Unisom is the least of evils right now IMO. As I continue to heal it will get better. If it becomes unbearable, I will see my doctor and talk about sleep aid options. I fon't think it's smart to get on something for sleep when it's obvious my brain is still in a recovery phase. If I don't give it time then how will I know if I couldn't have returned to sleep normally or at least with a minor sleep aid rather than going straight to ambien now or something stronger? No, gotta give it some time and see what happens for awhile.

Cat, yes, super frustrating. But, I got 4 last night! Bingo! Thanks so much for your help.

Hey,

Four hours of good sleep is amazing, isn't it. Who'd have thought? I know what you mean about thinking we're sleeping when we're really not. Not the good quality sleep that we need and desire. Dreaming is a good sign. Not sure if I've ever shared this, but early on for me someone told me that when on opiates, we don't dream. I hadn't really thought about it until then but I think that's true. I just assumed I didn't remember my dreams. The sleep we manage to get during detox and for some time after I call "twilight sleep". Almost asleep but not deep enough that I wasn't aware of things going on around me--like a TV in the next room. It's just not restful.

What is apt to happen if you continue to be like me is that you'll have good nights with good sleep and then a night that sleep is hard to come by. The good news is that once you begin to sleep soundly, those nights will become more frequent. Let's face it. We all have bad nights every now and again when we just don't sleep well. We tend to blame everything on withdrawal but sometimes it's not related at all. For sure, I think your lingering wakefulness is still related to your detox but once you begin to sleep, it may not be every night but you're not far away. My timeline again. 2 weeks.

Good decision to try your best to ride out the storm. You can reassess things when your are physically and mentally on more stable ground. Soon!!

Don't stop posting! I look for your daily update every morning and again at night.

Peace,

Cat
    Ming23 and ItsPossible like this.

Day 10 almost over. I'm sort of crashing. It's funny that I worried so much about those first 4 or 5 days when it seems the real battle for me is going to be the first 2 to 3 months. I honestly wasn't prepared to feel like this. Many years ago when I tapered and quit it seemed like I was back to normal in days with little to no WD.

It's just an overwhelming apathy with no energy or desire to do much. I'm making it to work, going to meetings, all that stuff, but am truly not feeling much of anything. I guess it's normal and it too shall pass, but man I wish it would hurry up and be over with. Hopefully I get another 4 hours or more tonight and that might help. It's just two days of this with little relief starts to become very hard to deal with.

Just got home from work. I still need to put things away for Xmas in storage. Now that is NEVER fun. Can anyone imagine how much I would like to do that right now?? Yeah, NOT AT ALL. But, if I get up and get moving maybe I'll feel a little better. Then possibly some light cardio, homework with the kids and please Lord, some sleep. Ugh. I'm kind of looking at this as a 90 day thing to get back to where I have more good days then bad. So, 80 more days to go. lol. I really did a number on myself!

So strange. Here it is just a few hours later. I made myself get up and do the Xmas stuff. It was like trying to wade through mud the whole time. Yet, now I'm in bed and I feel pretty good. The fog and general apathy lifted. I just wanted to post again because after re-reading that last post I see how negative I was. Up and down I guess. I'll take that!

Took another Unisom (by the way, both kinds are antihistamines, just different types so one might work better than the other for some people) and 300mg gaba and hopefully sleep comes. I'm too scared to take Ambien, which is kind of funny considering I was addicted to massive amounts of oxy/vicodin! Anyway, time to relax and see how it goes tonight. I have a good feeling I'm going to sleep some.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-21-2016 at 11:35 PM.
    Ming23 likes this.

JohnP45 is offline New Member

Once again we are going through VERY similar feelings, at a similar time. I am still having disrupted sleep, (although it is much better than 1-5.

But it is the apathy, lack of energy and depression that is tough. I'm just through the first week, and I took this stuff for 2 years, so I know I have to be patient. But same as you, last time, (albeit back in '07 when I was younger with no responsibilities) I came off them, and was OK in short order. I don't think I had any depression.

My mantra is whatever this throws at me, this is the last time I ever have to go through this. This is not the real me yet.

And again, compared to day 2, I am much better.
    Ming23 likes this.

Hey John, Yep, we are definitely having a similar experience and I don't think we are unique, which gives me hope. I like what you said about this is not the real me yet. For sure. Hang in there. I guess this is what we get for doing this more than once!

I slept not well again, but for whatever reason, feel mentally and physically much, much better today. This is what I needed. I can handle the apathy and depression but need a break now and then or it becomes too much.

Also, the thought occurred to me on the way to work that this is the first time in a long time that I am not on or planning to use anything at all. I'm completely clean of the opiates of course, but also have no lingering effects from stopping the benzo a few days ago, which I was worried about. Also not drinking alcohol or using it as a crutch. It made me feel good knowing that while at the same time feeling good. Sort of proud of that.

Oh, and this is Day 11. Still counting...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-22-2016 at 01:37 PM.
    Catrina and Ming23 like this.

Dont_Fear_the_Night is offline New Member

Default Saw

Suboxone Withdrawal:

A multi-day maze of torture, like the movie Saw. It's like trying to escape barbed wire. Minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, you become free of more and more barbs. Your bed is a torture chamber, you fear the night, but not as much as the morning. Getting dressed and making the bed is like climbing a mountain. "Why can't I stop moving my legs." You feel you have to walk, pace, even run, it elevates your heart rate and temporarily frees the mind. It's like the movie Crank, gotta keep the heart rate up. Your skin shrinks around you. You wonder how everyone else is so intuitive, so social and energetic. Its 80 degrees out but you feel cold, oh wait now you're hot. You scream.

You're free of the razor wire, but are still wounded. Every step you take you feel better. You can taste food again, and its wonderful. The breeze runs through you like a warm ocean. You have sights and smells that remind you of childhood, and it's so comforting. Birds chirping, a barbecue in the distance, a plane overhead. You crave social interaction instead of social withdrawal. You find yourself in conversations lasting longer than 10 seconds. You take a breath.

Family is everything, family is enduring.

You're free.
    oxyblues, Ming23 and ItsPossible like this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Don't Fear the Night
    Beautifully said!

Anonymous Guest

Dont_Fear_The_Night,
    Wow are you a writer! If not you should be. Amazing way with words!! I could feel each emotion that you described with such depth. Consider a career change! Keep posting, because I know you can really reach people with your words.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

Thank you Fear the Night for putting the experience into such eloquent words!

Day 15 is over. All physical WD's are gone. Sleep is my only battle. I've been using Unisom sometimes. Tried Ambien and it did almost nothing for me! It's like my body is saying, this is just the way it is! I broke down after two mostly sleepness nights in a row and took antoher Clonazepam dose. It helped a lot to get some sleep, still not a final option, but it is a life savor when you are at the end of your rope.

Exercize is my new medicine. I've been hitting it hard and it relieves the negative, depressed feeling every single time. That will be my plan, lots of exercize and a good diet as well. My whole body is sore right now and I can feel sleep creeping in. I have a good feeling I'll sleep tonight.

The dedpresing days are gone for the most part. i still feel good, but tired at times. My moods are evening out. It felt like I was bi-polar there for a while. Truth is I probably do have a touch of that and will be exploring it, but I know it isn't much.

I'm lucky, I still have my family and job and, it seems, my health. I caught it in time and I am VERY greatful for that!

Hope everyone is doing well!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-26-2016 at 12:04 AM.
    Catrina likes this.

Good post. Things are rolling right along. You're doing exactly all the right things and sleep will return very soon. I promise it will. What a great outlook to just reassess things and it's a perfect time to begin to live an all around healthy life style. Exercise and healthy eating. Ha! Active addicts turn health nuts. Could be a new club. I can't think of a much better way to turn obsessive behavior into a positive.

Nice to see you post and especially glad that you're still doing well.

Peace,

Cat
    oxyblues likes this.

Hi Catrina! You are a Saint.

Day 17: I'm at the point where I'm doing so well that I forget to post or don't feel the need. But, it's important for everyone to see that it gets so much better with time.

Like I said before, all physical WDs are gone. Sleep is starting to come back. I do use aids to help still, but they weren't even helping before. No benzos. There still remains some bathroom issues, but that seems to be improving now as well. I went to the doctor about sleep and he suggested ambien in place of a benzo but only for worst case scenario. It's not something I want to take, but it's better I think than taking a large dose of benzo when I'm at the end of my rope.

Couple of things I'd like to share. First, my moods were ALL over the place up until a couple of days ago. They still swing a bit, but it is starting to level out now and in a good way. If I feel myself really getting frayed I take 300mg gabapentin and it helps me quite a bit. Doctor thinks I'm one of those people who can benefit from it occasionally so he wrote me another script. I take 300mg every other day or so. I can't express enough how much that medication helped me through this and I hope that others find the same relief from it because it is relatively safe and non habit forming. Up to 90% of the time it is prescribed for off label issues and, to be honest, I don't even think the manufacturer is sure why or exactly how it is helping so many off label problems. Anyway, 300mg every day or two isn't a big deal to me and it helps.

Second thing. Exercise has been my saving grace. Even when I hadn't slept, and felt horrible, it almost always improves my mood dramatically for at least a couple of hours. I quite literally don't think I would have made it this far without it. Like Catrina said, you have to replace your DOC with something and exercise must be the best way to get those brain chemicals and your body back into a healthy mode. It's working for me right now and the only side effect is you look fantastic! Well, that and it hurts doing it. No pain, no gain right?!

We all sit around worrying about the physical WDs when contemplating quitting. IMO, they are bad of course and no fun, but after those dissipate it's time to find a way to crawl out of that hole that we've all put ourselves in. Physically, mentally, socially, family and career. It all comes crashing back and it's not easy. It's one of those things where there simply isn't an easy way out. We took the easy way and look where it got us. Be prepared for some work now, but then come the rewards. Not the kind we are used to, you have to wait a bit longer, but they are even better. Hang in there everyone.
    ItsPossible and Catrina like this.

brooklyn531 is offline New Member

Hello oxy. I'd like to start off by saying I'm sorry I haven't seen this threat earlier so I could have told you this sooner. Sorry for all the misinformation you've received, but they have said the same thing to me when I posted my successful 4 day taper with subs from Oxys. The only thing true about what they said is that the success rate with a longer sub taper is much more successful. But it comes down to if you want it, you will do it.

I had a much bigger oxycodone habit than you - from 450mg to 600mg a day- and my sub taper went as followed - first day I waited until I was in mild withdrawal in the evening and took 4mg. Day 2 g in the am and g in the pm. Day 3 2mg am 2mg pm. Day 4 1mg in the am, nothing at night. All the while I had supplements like you - gabapentin as needed, Imodium as needed, potassium as needed, a daily multivitamin, and a benzo to help sleep- I only needed it twice. When day 5 cake around, I wasn't completely finished withdrawing, but I only had MINOR MINOR symptoms. And by day 6 95% of it was over, day7 all gone. I have been clean for almost 4 months now.

I don't know why they are saying w/d symptoms will still be there when you are done - if they are it'll be the very last of the opiates - NOT the subs. You don't build a suboxone dependence by using them for 4-5 days, it is more like 7-8 days.

I didn't read the whole thread, I just saw what everyone was saying. And had to post this. Hopefully you are doing alright, and I'll read the rest of this now. Like I said - if you want this as bad as you say, you will be fine.

Hey Jake,

Glad you're rolling along and I'm glad you listened to us when you did. I hope that you are too. It's so nice to hear you sounding healthy and happy. Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Peace,

Cat

Hey Brooklyn...thanks for the support.

Look. There a lots of ways to get this done and everyone is different. I ended up not going the suboxone route and I am thankful I didn't use them because it was one less thing I was putting in my system. Turns out I didn't need them. Could it have been even easier with them? Possibly, but I'll never know. All I do know is that those first 4 or 5 days tend to be blown out of proportion on here and other boards. It's the flu with RLS and little or no sleep. I guess some can take it and some have a harder time. No doubt it's worse for others and some don't feel it the same. There are also supporting meds that can be taken to help. If you are going to a doctor for Subs then why not be honest and ask for Gaba and (if you can handle it) a SMALL script for a benzo?

I will say this though. Anyone who is considering using a short taper with Suboxone to get off your oxy or vics or whatever....I strongly urge you to see how you feel at 36 hours before doing it. Chances are it's not going to get much worse than that and if you can just hold out a couple more days it will be mostly over and then you won't have to deal with any of the Suboxone WDs if there are in fact any.

Like I said, not using Suboxone worked fine for me and I'm glad I made that choice. Everyone is different and I'm certainly not going to judge anyone.
    Catrina likes this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast