Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree123Likes
Kicking a 1.5 year Oxy habit in the coming days with Suboxone and supplements.
    oxyblues is offline Member

It's been 3 weeks today (Hi Catrina!). I feel closer to normal now. Days 18 and 19 I had some serious bouts of lethargy and almost NO energy for awhile. Seems like when you think you are out of the woods...bam, it can hit again. But, the last day or two have been noticably different. It's obvious I'm starting to normalize. Like I haven't felt in a long time. I don't feel perfect, but it's been a dramatic shift. My moods have stablized considerably. I'm sure there will be more ups and downs as the weeks go on.

I'm settling into a normal 5 days a week exercise routine. Also thinking about picking up a sport that I haven't played in forever. This is my therapy and my medicine for now.

We all have our demons and reasons for why we use or used. I'm at the point in my life that I know what mine is even though I didn't care to admit it before. I deal with dysthymia. Ugh, it's a nasty little problem where there is a low level of depression that sort of never goes away. So, I tend to self medicate. Not sure why I have it, but pretty sure it's genetic. If I am going to remain sober it has be dealt with. Right now my main tool is exercise and it literally cures me. Still, it may not be a long term solution because we all know how hard it is to keep that up. But, I also have a secondary plan (therapy) and even a third (medication if I have to). I bring this up because when I was younger there were a lot of excuses I made for myself. I just like to party...or I work hard and deserve this...or I'm in CONTROL and can quit when I want...so many stupid things. In the end, you sort of have to look at yourself and admit there is something wrong here or you wouldn't keep making the same mistakes over and over.

I'm still smack dab in the middle of recovering so exercise will be what I do until I feel completely stable or whatever my normal state is. I have no idea how long that will take and nobody can tell me that. I have ZERO desire to take a pain pill. I'm way over that. When I feel bad I just feel bad and it sucks. Over time it should get better and better. Hang in there everyone.
    ItsPossible likes this.

brooklyn531 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by oxyblues View Post
    Hey Brooklyn...thanks for the support.

Look. There a lots of ways to get this done and everyone is different. I ended up not going the suboxone route and I am thankful I didn't use them because it was one less thing I was putting in my system. Turns out I didn't need them. Could it have been even easier with them? Possibly, but I'll never know. All I do know is that those first 4 or 5 days tend to be blown out of proportion on here and other boards. It's the flu with RLS and little or no sleep. I guess some can take it and some have a harder time. No doubt it's worse for others and some don't feel it the same. There are also supporting meds that can be taken to help. If you are going to a doctor for Subs then why not be honest and ask for Gaba and (if you can handle it) a SMALL script for a benzo?

I will say this though. Anyone who is considering using a short taper with Suboxone to get off your oxy or vics or whatever....I strongly urge you to see how you feel at 36 hours before doing it. Chances are it's not going to get much worse than that and if you can just hold out a couple more days it will be mostly over and then you won't have to deal with any of the Suboxone WDs if there are in fact any.

Like I said, not using Suboxone worked fine for me and I'm glad I made that choice. Everyone is different and I'm certainly not going to judge anyone.
    Absolutely bro and I agree with you fully. I would definitely do the CT route myself- it's just that taking off from work is not an option for me and I'm almost positive and afraid that the withdrawals will be too much to handle while at work. But I'm very glad to hear that everything worked out perfectly with you!

I hope I didn't come off like an asshole in my post. I just wanted to clear some things up that they had told you. I know they said what they said only with your best interests in mind.

God bless man and I wish you luck with the rest of your recovery.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Thanks for your update. So good to hear. Inner reflection is a huge piece of this and it's especially helpful (in my opinion) when you are freshly clean, when your emotions are raw and you're willing to look deep. It happens to all of us I think and we're the lucky ones that allow all that stuff to wash over us so that we can recognize it and figure out our plan to deal with it. You have a plan. So good. The next big undertaking is to follow it and I have a gut feeling you will.

Keep it up. You're doing and sounding wonderful!

Peace,

Cat
    ItsPossible likes this.

OxyCatFree is offline New Member

Default Inspiring thread

I can't say how happy I was to come across this thread. I started 3 years ago when I was involved in 2 terrible car accidents within 3 months. I was just starting the adoption of a 5yr old boy so it was much easier to take pain meds to get through the day >> find time for physio. You can see where this one is going. Sadly after a year, the adoption fell through due to a unknown family member coming forward. It was devastating. After that, within 1.5yrs both my parents died. And here I sit 3 years later after the start of this mess alone with my new best friend Oxy - trying to get my life back together.

I took my last pill at midnight last night and I'm feeling pretty lousy. Maybe it's partially psychological. I'm going to the Dr this afternoon to get something for RLS and maybe minimal amount of Benzos. I'm leary about them as I was on sleeping pills for 1.5yrs during this 3 year mess and it was terrible to get off them. Nobody told me how addictive they were but in all honesty I'm not sure I would have listened since it seems many of us on the thread knows how terrible it is to be sleep deprived. And with no sleep there is no coping!

Looking for advice, supplements etc that will help get through those first few critical days. I still have a 12yr old that I have to function around who is also struggling with all these losses. It was easy to be there for her since I constantly felt numb.

Congrats to all of you on this thread who have accomplished what seems like the impossible. You all are very strong and courageous people.

ItsPossible is offline Member

Hey OCF,
    Welcome to the best place on earth to get free from addiction... well the first stop anyway!
    CT ing it? Gather the ingredients from the Thomas Recipe and mentally prepare for a week of just blah.
    You have the flu... there is nothing you can do to speed this up, but there is so much you can do with an excited attitude.
    Keep reading. This thread had a day by day of what to expect and amazing advice from a senior super star member. I read this last night when I couldn't sleep. Day 8 for me, 2 kids, lots of responisbilities but hey I did this for me and to better my quality of life and it is doable.... Dn't be your own obstacle.
    Make the decision, make a plan, and stick to it.
    I'll be checking in on you daily.
    Do you have a doctor that knows what is going on? He may be able to help with the sleep and RLS... my least fav symptoms.
    I am sorry that your journey has been so sad but I am grateful that you have decided to choose your own DESTINY...
    I am excited for you to feel the emotions you've been numbing, even the negative ones. Be prepared for good and bad days. Stay Strong. SMOOTHIES helped me get through my days.
    Keep reading and keep posting
    Love and Light xxoo
    Kim

Oxy-moronic is offline Banned

Hi guys. I fell off the wagon and have been using for the past 2 weeks. I started a thread. Any advice or encouragement would be great. I really thought I had it kicked this time. Please help. Am I going to have to start from zero as far as withdrawals? I'm really upset and disappointed in myself but I know that that I have to keep my head up and stay strong.

/oxy-moronic
    So sorry to hear about your setback. I know you must feel so disappointed. I am not an expert but have heard this happens to the best of them. Can I ask what triggered the relapse? Keeping my fingers crossed you find your way back.

This short term sub detox is a 100% the way to go.I started taking Lortabs 15 yrs ago then in 2007 I had my doctor switch me over to oxycodone which the legal drug dealer did without question.He prescribed me 240mgs of Oxycodone daily which is the max you can get prescribed.

At first I loved the high they gave me but over time that high will turn into depression probably alot with me was the thought I had a evil little pill running my whole entire life which is no way to live by the way.

I hated waking up first thing in the morning and being in withdrawl already and had to take that pill just to function its a sickening way to live your life ugh.

2 yrs ago I got five 8 mg strips of Suboxone from a friend did alot of reading on the induction of my first dose of the Suboxone which then I learned so many people have no idea what they are talking about with thier advice.

Alot of people said you have to wait at least 24 to 36 hrs after your last dose of your opiate your taking which is completely false!!! Then again you do not want to take it to early and go into precipitated withdrawl.

The best way to take your first dose of Sub is take your last dose of your opiate the night before get a solid 8 hrs of sleep upon the time you wake up you will feel like crud like you do everyday you wake up just hold off for a few hrs you should wait at least 14 hrs since your last dose of opiates.

Now start your Sub on the lowest dose you can that makes you feel comfortable wait about an hour before you adjust your intake and think you need more Suboxone.

I was taking 240 mgs of Oxycodone daily never going without for 7 yrs or more.I took 6mgs of Suboxone the 1st day and 6 mgs the 2nd day 4mgs the 3rd day dropping to 2 mgs the 4th day 1 mg the 5th day day 6,7& 9 I stayed at 1 mg then on day 10 just a sliver tried to guess it to be about .5 mgs of Suboxone.

From there on out I took no more Subs just Super B Complex Vitamins,Multi Vitamin,5 Htp & L-Tyrosene these supplements are a must I can not stress this enough everyone.

I found myself running about 80% back to normal at 3 weeks after quitting Oxycodone and at 6 weeks I was back at 100% normal.

I did get a little p.a.w.s but it wasnt bad which I think taking the supplements really helped out with that.

Im at 2 yrs clean and free now and never felt better I wake up everyday now feeling great and high on life and not in withdrawl.I cut ties with my legal drug dealing Dr on that day 2 yrs ago and never went back.

To make a long story short this short term Suboxone Detox really works it takes away almost 80% of your withdrawls you would have had if you had stopped Cold Turkey.

Oxy-moronic is offline Banned

My entire post that I just wrote got erased. It was really long. Oh well. Drinking and being cocky. I felt as if I had it under control because I successfully kicked for more than a week. Well now I know and I learned something from it so it's not a total loss.

That's ItsPossibld for your encourages - definitely need it. I'm in the middle of day three now and it's rough. Doesn't seem that anything I do will help relive the aching, pain, RLS, and the general feeling of bugs crawling all over me LOL. I also don't have stomach issues as of yet maybe a bit of nause and I havent needed to use the immodium. Makes me wonder if the worst is still yet to come.

I'm so glad that my daughter is in school and doesn't see much of this! I told her I have the flu
    So questions....did anybody have vision issues eg seeing double or triple at night. I car barely see the TV even with my glasses on! Also I'm noticing I cry all the time over everything. Is this normal? I assumed it was because any other time that I got sad I just took pills to cover things up and then I'd feel nothing. I never cry - now I cry at everything!

DAY 3 SUCKS!

Hey OxyCat,

Congrats on Day 3! Everything you are feeling is normal and will go away soon. You're almost there. Amazing, you quit and you aren't dead!? It may suck, but it's doable and you are doing it. Hang in there and stay strong.

I had the weird vision thing, it went away...I also became very emotional...it levelel out. You're going to heal and before you know it you'll be sitting where I am with 3.5 weeks clean and feeling great!
    OxyCatFree likes this.

Oxy-Mornic, sorry to hear about your relapse. What to do? Get back on the horse and start again. Sounds like you are like me years ago. Yep, that cockyness will rise up and bite you! Learn from this and move on. I know you can do it.

Lots of talk on here about using the short suboxone taper or going CT. It's an individual choice I guess. It does seem to work for some and doesn't for others. I have a feeling with the will power I found during this that it would have worked for me too. BUT, when I made the realization that my particular WD wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (it was bad, but not end of days horrible) I knew that the suboxone route wasn't the way for me. I think anyone going that direction needs to think about it hard and then be VERY dilligent about how much they use and how long they will use it. Everyone is so different there are just too many variables to find a one size fits all theory about how to do this. Still, I would encourage everyone to at least TRY and experience some of their WDs (24 to 36 hours, anyone can handle that!) to see how bad it really is before they just go straight to suboxone. You might be surprised.

I'm on like day 24 or something and I feel great. I'm sleeping with only a unisom at night. It's not the best sleep, but it's good enough that I make it though the day with energy and a positive outlook. I stopped the gaba a couple of days ago with no WDs from it. No benzo WD either. Just sober now, completely, and I feel good. Still gotta throw out an endorsement to exercise. Helped me trememdously. Hang in there everyone!
    Catrina likes this.

ItsPossible is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by OxyCatFree View Post
    That's ItsPossibld for your encourages - definitely need it. I'm in the middle of day three now and it's rough. Doesn't seem that anything I do will help relive the aching, pain, RLS, and the general feeling of bugs crawling all over me LOL. I also don't have stomach issues as of yet maybe a bit of nause and I havent needed to use the immodium. Makes me wonder if the worst is still yet to come.

I'm so glad that my daughter is in school and doesn't see much of this! I told her I have the flu
    So questions....did anybody have vision issues eg seeing double or triple at night. I car barely see the TV even with my glasses on! Also I'm noticing I cry all the time over everything. Is this normal? I assumed it was because any other time that I got sad I just took pills to cover things up and then I'd feel nothing. I never cry - now I cry at everything!

DAY 3 SUCKS!
    Keep up the good work!
    My stomach issues were mild and only started day 5 to today so far. I take a probiotic with food now and it really helps
    YES! You are FEELING again... and soon you will feel more than just sadness.
    Day 3 was a game changer for me... wds levelled out and didn't get any worse. I felt so much better day 5, even with little sleep my first time.
    I find getting out of the house makes the day go by faster and although I got tired easily, it was such a nice distraction to not think about what I was going through.
    We are cheering you on! Woot woot!
    Love and Light xxoo
    OxyCatFree likes this.

Talking

Hey OxyCat,

Congrats on Day 3! Everything you are feeling is normal and will go away soon. You're almost there. Amazing, you quit and you aren't dead!? It may suck, but it's doable and you are doing it. Hang in there and stay strong.

I had the weird vision thing, it went away...I also became very emotional...it levelel out. You're going to heal and before you know it you'll be sitting where I am with 3.5 weeks clean and feeling great!
    OxyBlues, if I hadn't come across your blog I would have never guessed I'd ever be able to do it too on my own. I was shooting for a Wednesday start date but woke up Monday and said 'what the heck - what's wrong with today!' So I'm glad I did it this way instead of having to wait till Wednesday and having a nervous breakdown leading up to those days

Oh another question I had for you. I noticed a few people have made reference to a blood pressure medication that they're taking during the detox. Does the blood pressure actually increase while detoxing thus the reason from the medication ,- or does this medication have additional benefits for the person who's doing the detoxing? I picked up a centrum multivitamin as well as a vitamin b complex slow release tablet

My Dr gave me a script for RLS and that's it. Fortunately I still had some sleeping pills left over from a while back that are working amazingly well so I can get for five hours sleep these past couple of days. I also have an anti-anxiety drug lorazepam that was left over from my father's funeral that the doctor gave me. I'm guessing this could be one of the benzo's that everyone is talking about.(A very mild benzo from what I'm reading). I have zipaclone for sleeping. Addictive but not nearly as bad as the benzos from what I've been reading. They have been working well for me and even woken up twice in the middle of the night and just turned over and went back to sleep. Geez I hope I haven't just jinxed myself LOL!

Will give an update at bedtime- around the end of day three. Praying day four will be a little easier than day three
    oxyblues likes this.

Hey Oxycat,
    I'm so happy that you did this and are making it! You should be in Day 4 by now?

Anyway, I had a history of high blood pressure so that is why I made sure I had some medication for that with me. For somme people palpiations and a racing heart can be pretty bad during WDs from what I read. Funny though, that never ended up being a problem in my WDs so I didn't take them. Now later, there have been some ups and downs and I decided to take them again for a short time while my body readjusts to normal. But I don't think they are of any particular benefit outside of helping with high blood pressure.

If the ambien (zolpidem) is helping you sleep like that then have at it in the short term. My theory was always that sleep was gong to be the hardest part of the whole thing and not just the first 4 or 5 days. I was right and so I've used all sorts of things to help. In the frist few days for me it was gabapentin and klonipin (benzo) that helped me get a few hours here and there. The one thing to be careful about are those benzos. Ativan (lorazepam) is just as bad as the rest of them. In fact, I'd go so far as to rank it #2 right behind xanax. But, it sounds like you've never had a problem with them so I'm sure you'll be fine. The thing with those is you don't want to take them everyday for too long. Use them as needed to get through the worst of the first 5 days or so and then use them sparingly to help with sleep. The goal is to get off them asap without any lingering benzo WDs. Not trying to scare you. Most people can take them just fine as needed, but when someone takes them for a couple of months daily problems with dependency and WDs will usually arise.

Hang in there and keep posting! You're doing great!

Almost half way through day four. My motor skills concentration and vision is still completely shot. Emotionally I'm still a train wreck as I cry all the time - so frustrating! Please tell me the emotional train wreck thing ends soon!!!

Thanks for the tips on the lorazepam. I actually have to take it once during the day usually in the afternoon when I start to get majorly overwhelmed by everything including withdrawal symptoms. The zipiclone is considered a non-benzo drug for sleeping but the withdrawal effects if taking too long are the same as the benzo's. It helps me sleep at night along with the Gaba. I will start to taper off starting the weekend. Hopefully I will be off that in a couple of weeks and then I can use Dramamine on the rare nights where I am still having problems.

Question- has anybody joined NA or therapy after they've detoxed. I wonder what my chances are of long term success on my own and if I'm actually strong enough to keep doing this on my own. Obviously I have a few unresolved issues that I'm thinking therapy might be beneficial in order to stay clean going forward. Any thoughts

I remember literally walking into things and tripping over stuff the first week or so. Kind of funny actually. I was on that emotional rollercoaster thing for the first 2 weeks or so. It does slowly go away and is gone now at day 25. For me I sort of enjoyed my feelings again and crying...I mean ANY song could do it for sure. The hard part for me were the lows. Ugh, they were horrible and I still had a couple of bouts of that all the way up to week 3. That is where the exercise helped me. Even when everything in me said don't do it please...I would get up and get at least 30 of cardio and always feel better. Also, I think we have to force ourselves to get back into life. It's like learning to walk again. You have to take those first steps and it's awkward and you don't want to, but then comes a day where it feels a bit normal again. Soon enough most days start to feel like that.

I'm probably at 80% healed now, but the biggest benefit is that I am much more stable emotionally and energy wise. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks and months and getting that last 20% back all the time. It comes and goes still, just not nearly as bad.

Hang in there!

Forgot to comment on staying clean. I've been in therapy and it helped me figure a lot of things out about myself. I think we can all put in 3 to 6 months or a year of sobriety by "white knuckling" it. Which means we are just not giving into our impulses to use, but aren't really trying to figure out what leads us down that path...or what is really wrong with each of us. I've been to meetings in the past. It wasn't the best fit for me, but as a last resort I can see it working well. Therapy and self reflection is always a good thing if you ask me. You need to admit there was a reason why you resorted to this and then find a solution or some very good coping skills. I have a feeling you will.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-04-2016 at 01:24 PM.

Didn't mean to come off as putting AA/NA down. It has helped millions of people stay clean. For some it is everything and it works. Who knows, I might end trying it again. My point was that we are all different so some things work well for some and not others. It's a personal journey.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Didn't mean to come off as putting AA/NA down. It has helped millions of people stay clean. For some it is everything and it works. Who knows, I might end trying it again. My point was that we are all different so some things work well for some and not others. It's a personal journey.

Hey there,

I was sure glad to see you say this. I'm VERY guarded where AA/NA meetings are concerned because they without a doubt have saved my life (along with subs), and just as important have kept me clean long term. Could I have yet another relapse, of course I could as the BEAST is always laying, waiting to strike at any moment of weakness. For me personally meetings are something I WANT to attend, I choose to be there because I know the benefits to be had. I want to use every tool at my disposal and take advantage of every possible method that will KEEP me clean as long as I live.

Besides it saving my life, theres a couple other very important reasons I enjoy my meetings. One, it keeps me in constant contact with those that have traveled this road and can offer face to face support and guidance. And the other reason is that I'm now in position to offer solid advice and support to those struggling with addiction on a more personal basis. And because I went the Suboxone route I can be of even more help to those using subs to get clean.

In the rooms of AA and NA theres a LOT of negavity and judgement against those that have chosen subs. Especially amongst the "old-timers" in attendance. Mention you're taking subs to get clean and you can just about guarantee that some will knock you down because of it. And I've been to meetings where those on subs and those against it just about come to blows. It can get out of hand. I do my best to offer some information based on experience. I've been approached by numerous addicts that were scared to speak up that they were on subs after the meeting. Of course I volunteered to be of any help I could. I've been able to get quite a few on and off subs that I would have otherwise never even met. And I've been able to speak from experience about addiction in general. Helping someone face to face that is scared to death is priceless!

So meetings do more for me than just keep me clean. They offer a place for fellowship and friendship, and the many clean friends I've met do many things together. I prefer AA over NA. But I do attend both meetings. I tried several meetings first before I found the right place for me. If you don't particularly like one meeting try another. They are all over these days.

Anyway, my 2 cents here.

You're doing great. Keep moving forward one day at a time. Never let your guard down either because the BEAST will be waiting. I really hope you'll consider meetings at some point. Have a great weekend!

Randy

Ok this thread likes to eat messages before they get posted LOL. Day 4 afternoon was dreadful. Sometimes I wonder if it's just psychological the aches and cravings or if they are still real. I woke up this morning (now day 5) and I rolled over to grab my usual dose of Oxy - I really wanted those magical little pills!!!

So new goals are to cut down on the lorazepam give the potential of disaster they can bring. Again Oxyblues I appreciate the info on that drug. I'm currently taking 2 pills once a day in the early afternoon. Sometimes I'll take 1 in the evening. I'm taking magnesium 1 cap x3 times a day for muscle spasms and RLS. My Dr perscribed Pramipexole instead of Gaba. Seems to work at night but now I'm reading how it's leading many people to develop >>>>>>>> addictions. Anybody feel like we are stealing from Peter to give to Paul??? I am happy to be sleeping 5-6hrs each night - waking up once. I know I am very blessed because without the sleep I'd be a basketcase.
    Question - how hard will it be to cut back on the RLS meds? Any idea how long I'll be looking at staying on them - I know each person is different. Is this a med that also needs to be tapered. Since its day 5 I want to come up with phase 2 of my detox plan. Unfortunately my script happy Dr doesn't seem too familiar on how to get me off any of these drugs...sad that the patient has to figure it out. I know none of you are Drs or healthcare professionals but you have experience which is as more valuable than the people writing the scrips!

So glad I found this site and especially this thread. Doing this alone with no support is hard. My boyfriend just thinks I'm over reacting and being dramatic and one of my friends keep texting me asking if she can have my left over pills before even asking how I'm doing. Something tells me I'll be making some major changes in my life when this is all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hey there,

I was sure glad to see you say this. I'm VERY guarded where AA/NA meetings are concerned because they without a doubt have saved my life (along with subs), and just as important have kept me clean long term. Could I have yet another relapse, of course I could as the BEAST is always laying, waiting to strike at any moment of weakness. For me personally meetings are something I WANT to attend, I choose to be there because I know the benefits to be had. I want to use every tool at my disposal and take advantage of every possible method that will KEEP me clean as long as I live.

Besides it saving my life, theres a couple other very important reasons I enjoy my meetings. One, it keeps me in constant contact with those that have traveled this road and can offer face to face support and guidance. And the other reason is that I'm now in position to offer solid advice and support to those struggling with addiction on a more personal basis. And because I went the Suboxone route I can be of even more help to those using subs to get clean.

In the rooms of AA and NA theres a LOT of negavity and judgement against those that have chosen subs. Especially amongst the "old-timers" in attendance. Mention you're taking subs to get clean and you can just about guarantee that some will knock you down because of it. And I've been to meetings where those on subs and those against it just about come to blows. It can get out of hand. I do my best to offer some information based on experience. I've been approached by numerous addicts that were scared to speak up that they were on subs after the meeting. Of course I volunteered to be of any help I could. I've been able to get quite a few on and off subs that I would have otherwise never even met. And I've been able to speak from experience about addiction in general. Helping someone face to face that is scared to death is priceless!

So meetings do more for me than just keep me clean. They offer a place for fellowship and friendship, and the many clean friends I've met do many things together. I prefer AA over NA. But I do attend both meetings. I tried several meetings first before I found the right place for me. If you don't particularly like one meeting try another. They are all over these days.

Anyway, my 2 cents here.

You're doing great. Keep moving forward one day at a time. Never let your guard down either because the BEAST will be waiting. I really hope you'll consider meetings at some point. Have a great weekend!

Randy
    Randy Thanks for your reply. In my below post I mentioned how a new support system and a major change in environment will be in order. I know most people don't know what it's like to be addicted to things But you always hope that people have an element of compassion or not be enablers. I guess we really find out who are true friends are during time of crisis and need.
    Thanks again everyone for your encouraging words and points of view. Still living one hour at a time - withdrawl is still in full force! I've hidden all sharp objects to minimize the carnage....day 4 and now day 5 has brought the total b*tchy side of me and I think I have cried a small lake in my house over the past 4 days. The fun never ends!

Anyone out there today, could really use some support, I'm 40 hours into this withdrawal, not at a 26 yet on the COWS and really questioning weather or not I really need this suboxone. I hope someone answers the bell for me. Oxyblues, your feed has really got me thinking this one out, much like you my situation is very similar and I could use a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tired_of_the_cycle View Post
    Anyone out there today, could really use some support, I'm 40 hours into this withdrawal, not at a 26 yet on the COWS and really questioning weather or not I really need this suboxone. I hope someone answers the bell for me. Oxyblues, your feed has really got me thinking this one out, much like you my situation is very similar and I could use a hand.
    That is sooo awesome! I am into day 6 myself. When I was on day 1 and 2, a week seemed like an eternity. Each day had different withdrawl symptoms. Day 3 was my hardest.....one minute at a time. I actually booked an appt with the Dr to get the subs and anything else he would give me. But by the time I got there I changed my mind on the subs. Got meds for RLS, a few tabs of lorazepam which I stopped by day 5 and zopiclone for sleeping. Even with sleep aids I still get maybe 4-5 hrs sleep a night. I take 2 regular Tylenol every 4-6hrs for the aches. Started using Arnica rub and it helps with the aches too.....thats the contrabution my bf makes towards my detox LOL

Oxyblues was my inspiration And all his followers encouraging him on made me feel I could do it CT. Still a struggle but each day gets a bit easier. The journey will be long for us but I like hearing how everyone is doing at the various stages of their recovery.
    YOU CAN DO IT!

Tired of this cycle read my post above.If you take the Suboxone and do a 10 day max quick taper it will elimnate 80% of your withdrawl if you had quit cold turkey.Trust me I have quit Oxycodone both ways and its a night and days difference the short term suboxone route is the best way you stop by far.Im 2 yrs clean now from a almost 15 yr opiate addiction.If your 40hrs away from the time you took your last opiate you can take the Suboxone now.Start out with smaller amounts and adjust accordingly.

How many mgs of opiates were you taking daily?And for what length of time?Please read my post above.

Oxycat, thanks for the words of encouragement, I got this I know I can do it! How you feeling on day six? I have to be back to work on day 5.

Shawn, I am beyond motivated to end this cycle, my addictions has varied much over the past year and half. Basically started at 40mg, went to 60, then spiraled out of control as to what I could acquire, there were days of 200mg plus and week averages of 120-150. I would taper down to 30 mg, then get more and bounce right back up. It was like I was tapering so great and then I would just blow it and do 150 mg a day for a week and start the taper again, setting different dates....bottom line, I'm a GOBBLER, even put some up my nose which is why I know it was really bad. So where I'm at now, I'm just about to turn day 3 at 5pm and I think I can ride this out. Somewhat scared of the subs, continuing the cycle etc. just torn, I will see how much worse this gets but the plan right now will be to try and CT this BEAST!

Quote Originally Posted by Tired_of_the_cycle View Post
    Oxycat, thanks for the words of encouragement, I got this I know I can do it! How you feeling on day six? I have to be back to work on day 5.

Shawn, I am beyond motivated to end this cycle, my addictions has varied much over the past year and half. Basically started at 40mg, went to 60, then spiraled out of control as to what I could acquire, there were days of 200mg plus and week averages of 120-150. I would taper down to 30 mg, then get more and bounce right back up. It was like I was tapering so great and then I would just blow it and do 150 mg a day for a week and start the taper again, setting different dates....bottom line, I'm a GOBBLER, even put some up my nose which is why I know it was really bad. So where I'm at now, I'm just about to turn day 3 at 5pm and I think I can ride this out. Somewhat scared of the subs, continuing the cycle etc. just torn, I will see how much worse this gets but the plan right now will be to try and CT this BEAST!
    Day 5 was a good one for me....except one of the wd things I'm going thru is lots of crying. 3yrs of numbing all my problems catches up with you especially when you're not using anything to hide behind any more. I'm a girl so I can pull it the tears thing off LOL. Day 6 I'm back to being tired. It goes up and down. I'm glad I have a dog that needs walking to keep me moving.
    Now I find I'm very clumsy and my memory/train of thought is shot. I severely burned a grilled cheese sandwich not once but twice in 5 mins. 2 mins to zip up my coat because i couldn't line up the zipper. It could be also because I'm between contracts at work so I'm home for the next month and not doing a heck of a lot. I don't know if you avoid these symptoms if you go the sub route.
    Whatever road you take go for it. It's not how we kick the habit, it's the end result of staying off the drugs forever that matters the most. Keep fighting the fight - use whatever you need to win...just make a plan and stick with it like Shawn advises.

I'm going to hit this thing head on CT style if things don't get way worse for me! 1.5 hours and I'll be 2 days done! 3rd day here I come!

If you do the subs short term only 10 days max it will eliminate up to 80% of your withdrawls guaranteed I just hate to see someone suffer when you dont have to but if you dont think its gonna be that bad go ahead and tough it out for me I found the cold turkey route just to unbearable for me.And I did them both the short term sub route was a godsend for me and I was taking 240mgs of oxycodone daily.

Whichever way you choose to quit props to you for making the decision to do so.Good luck
    OxyCatFree likes this.

You do need to start the supplement regimine its very vital to repair your brains chemistry.Vitamin B Super Complex,5-Htp,L-Tyrosene,Omega3&5 and Multi Vitamin.

Shawn

What were those 10 days like for you? When you finished the subs, how did that feel? Did you notice any side effects from that point?

RJ

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast