Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree123Likes
Kicking a 1.5 year Oxy habit in the coming days with Suboxone and supplements.

The 10 days were a breeze because your taking the Subs to hold off the withdrawl and after I took my last .50 mg of sub on the 10th day It took about another 2 days before I felt any withdrawl hit me and when it did it wasnt really that bad at all no where near as bad as stopping C/T.

I started the Vitamin regimine from day 1 of the Subs and continued it daily for more than 30days. For me after I took my last sliver of suboxone at I was back to myself and feeling normal within a week.And I slept at least 6 to 8 hrs through this whole process with No Restless Legs.

When I stopped C/T I didnt sleep for more than 30mins a night and that is if I was lucky for 3 weeks.And it took me a whole 3 months to completely feel back to normal stopping C/T.

You just have to decide on your own which way you want to do this Im just giving you my 2 cents on what way worked out best for me.

You are doing the right thing though in choosing to not let a little pill run your whole life.Its just no way to live.Im going on 2 yrs clean now and never felt better and will never ever go back to that hellish way of living my life ever again.

OxyCatFree is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by shawnzdone4ever View Post
    The 10 days were a breeze because your taking the Subs to hold off the withdrawl and after I took my last .50 mg of sub on the 10th day It took about another 2 days before I felt any withdrawl hit me and when it did it wasnt really that bad at all no where near as bad as stopping C/T.

I started the Vitamin regimine from day 1 of the Subs and continued it daily for more than 30days. For me after I took my last sliver of suboxone at I was back to myself and feeling normal within a week.And I slept at least 6 to 8 hrs through this whole process with No Restless Legs.

When I stopped C/T I didnt sleep for more than 30mins a night and that is if I was lucky for 3 weeks.And it took me a whole 3 months to completely feel back to normal stopping C/T.

You just have to decide on your own which way you want to do this Im just giving you my 2 cents on what way worked out best for me.

You are doing the right thing though in choosing to not let a little pill run your whole life.Its just no way to live.Im going on 2 yrs clean now and never felt better and will never ever go back to that hellish way of living my life ever again.
    Shawn - question....do you still get that craving for them every once in a while or how long before that ended. I quit smoking 8yrs ago and still get the desire to have one every once in a while (which I don't actually have one or I'd be back to a chain smoker in a week!) The past couple of mornings I have woken up and thought how nice it would be to have one - partially for my back and partially because I just want to feel nothing. I know that NA/AA or therapy will help with the psychological aspect of things but wonder if it ever really goes away.

Hey there blues and oxycatfree,

Just checking in to see how you all are holding up. I assume your life is right back in line and you are feeling awesome oxyblues! How about you OCF? How are you? If I am calculating right you should be on day 24? Would love to hear how you guys are doing! For me well I am on day 20 and things are getting better everyday! Hope this finds you clean and in good spirits. Thanks for your inspiration and assurance along the way!

RJ

Oxy-moronic is offline Banned

Hi all.
    I relapsed again and I kicked again. I have 8 days clean so far. It was tough but I did it. Last night I slept for 7 straight hours. It has been a while since I have done that naturally.
    Today is the 26th, I used last on the 18. I'm feeling pretty good and I don't have any desire to get high which is awesome. Although, this time I am definitely on guard and paying attention to every little thing that could jeopardize my sobriety.
    I definitely have SAD and spring beginning to show itself is helping me.
    I really don't know how I did it this time. I just stopped thinking about it and just did it. Maybe the wellbutrin is helping? I'm not sure. I used suboxone this time. I used it for 4 days and I used minimal amounts. 1 MG day 1, .50 MG day 2, .25 MG day 3 and 4. As much as I hate sub, it helped me this time. The difference is, is that I used it a lot differently than a doctor tells you to. I followed the advice of others on this site.
    I know now that I suffer from depression and that is a major contributor to my addiction. At least I have somewhere to start. Now I can focus my energy on fixing or trying to fix it.
    I just wanted to update everyone and say thank-you to everyone. Good luck to all of you, remember that it CAN be done.

OxyCatFree is offline New Member

I'm almost 4 weeks clean. There have been some dicey moments but I've made it through.....so far.

Any suggestions on how to get past the exhaustion? I'm constantly tired and could sleep all day and all night. Glad I'm between jobs right now.

OCF,

Main thing getting me through my days is determination, healthy eating, and exercise. Sitting around doing nothing absolutely bore the heck out of me. Today marks three weeks clean for me. The best thing about this process is actually feeling again, good or bad. I will say that at some point almost every single day I hit a wall where I feel exhausted but just push through. Work had actually helped me focus and get mind mind off of everything. I have had some mood swings but they are getting better. I have enjoyed getting out spending time doing things, going to the movies, bowling spending time wth friends and family. All without getting buzzed on anything. Yeah I'll have a beer or two, glass of wine, but not to get drunk, that's a recipe for disaster. NA has been very good for me, and I would suggest that fellowship for anyone recovering. Keep on truckin!

Turn the page, Walk away!

RJ

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456