Life before and after hydrocodone
    DKC5600 is offline New Member

Default Life before and after hydrocodone

I am new here. First time ever posting anything about my addiction. Few details-30 year old husband and father of 3 and 4 year old boys. Have been taking hydro for 2 years with last six months 60-80mgs per day. Started taking it for knee pain every now and then and realized how great it made me feel. So that led me to here...wife says its gotta stop, i know its gotta stop, i know i can stop, not easily but can. I wasnt exactly happy w life before i started the pills but they gave me a whole new/better outlook on life it seemed. Gave me tons of energy and made me focus like crazy on whatever i was doing. Better mood. Life seemed so bright in the begining. Not as much now but still some. Anyway im scared of stopping and facing life head on again. Im down to 15mgs per day. Next week i start 7.5mgs per day. My doc was VERY understanding abt my addiction. Great guy. I currently take my hydro, wellbutrin, meloxicam, lisonpril, nexium, and multi vit. I dont want to go back to what i felt like before, or probably even worse! I shouldnt be unhappy. Have a good job, good health, loving wife, good kids. These stupid pills...im hating i let myself get hung up in these things. Was wondering how others have delt w this.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-15-2015 at 05:40 AM.

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Dxc welcome. The good news is that you were on them a fairly short amount of time and at your low dose you should be able to get off them and wd won't be bad once you finally stop. The only advice I have is to exercise and it will help. Unfortunately your concerns are things you will have to deal with as they come and you will just have to push thru them. You managed to get by 28 years without them and can do that again. The anti depressants should help. Stay strong and keep posting it helps.

momneedshelp7 is offline Member

Hi! And welcome. I fully agree with what sunshine said. You are only in this two years and less then 80 mg. stop now if you can. I will assure you that it only gets worse. Soon it could be upwards of 100 mg and the depression gets worse. The pills will start to not work as well and euphoria will only last a little while which is why you will keep increasing your dose. I am now 35 and started when you did. I wish I had stopped then, and am having such a hard time trying to stop now. This board is awesome with so many people going through the same thing. So post, think of all you have to live for (your wife, kids and happiness) and fight back! You can do this !!! Good luck

Magnolia36 is offline Junior Member

The depression after pills was/is the hardest part for me. I was taking tramadol which effects serotonin so it may be a bit different, but I know how you feel. I was counting on the pills to boost my mood and energy and it was scary to let go of that...You have to take it one day at a time for awhile. After the initial withdrawal you may be physically ok, but experience some lack of energy and depression, but for me it comes and goes. Try to stay busy, eat healthy, exercise and you sound like you are already on an antidepressant so that should help you. There are many positives to getting off them. I have children too and I feel like I can spend time with them more clearly. I also laugh a lot more. I think I was kind of flat before. You can stop being bound to those pills, like someone else said it only gets worse, you take more, the pills stop working very well. You got this!

DKC5600 is offline New Member

Thanks for the replies. Yeah its the depression i think that scares me the most. Never have delt with it very well but there is really no down time with 2 young kids. Guess thats not a bad thing tho. Keeps me busy.