Lorazepam use for 19 days
    Simon2208 is offline New Member

Default Lorazepam use for 19 days

I was prescribed this for chronic insomnia 19 days ago. Why I agreed to take it I will never know but anyway here I am.

I was on 2mg for a week, reduced to 1mg for a week and now 0.5mg for the past week. Doc has told me to carry on at 0.5mg for another week and then quit cold turkey. I mentioned tapering and withdrawl symptoms but she said I was already tapering and no further tapering was needed plus any withdrawal symptoms would be in my head! This sounds insane considering what I have read on here.

Anyway I plan on ignoring her advice and take 0.25mg for the next week and then 0.125mg for a week and then quit. Is this too fast?

Really want off this ASAP

Thanks
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-06-2019 at 07:39 AM.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Simon2208 View Post
    I was prescribed this for chronic insomnia 19 days ago. Why I agreed to take it I will never know but anyway here I am.

I was on 2mg for a week, reduced to 1mg for a week and now 0.5mg for the past week. Doc has told me to carry on at 0.5mg for another week and then quit cold turkey. I mentioned tapering and withdrawl symptoms but she said I was already tapering and no further tapering was needed plus any withdrawal symptoms would be in my head! This sounds insane considering what I have read on here.

Anyway I plan on ignoring her advice and take 0.25mg for the next week and then 0.125mg for a week and then quit. Is this too fast?

Really want off this ASAP

Thanks

Your planned taper is not too fast nor is it too aggressive considering the short time that you have been taking the Ativan. You'll be just fine! Take care... God bless us all!