Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
Major morphine user
    wjj62 is offline New Member

Default Major morphine user

I’m a Dr prescribed opiate user for 15 yrs & decided it was time to get off. He had me on 3-100mg ER Morphine, 2-100mg Nucynta & 2-150mg Soma per day. I know it was wrong but i tried to go cold turkey @ home. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! So i go to my Dr & tell him i want to quit. I told him i had already quit Nucynta & Soma so he had me taper down Morphine & put me on 25mg seroquel & to keep taking 1mg klonopin & stop ambien. After mth or so i was down to 1-30mg day. I thought this will be easy, NOT!! I’ve had major restless legs & 2 hrs sleep night, sneezing, drainage & major temple headaches (i figure from no sleep). So husband said can you cut them up? (I know your not supposed to cut up ER pills) but he 1/4 30 mg, that night i slept like baby. After 3 days I said thats long enough, WRONG! I took 4 hot baths day, up all night, couldn’t function so i call Dr for prescription (they said i would have to come In earliest appt 11 days away! WTF? 5 more days goes by & i call & say I need to get in because withdrawls of no sleep & restless legs. They say I would have to go to ER, I HUNG UP! So to make long story short I’ve been off 10 days now & still no sleep & legs have slowed down but tossing & turning still. Husband & I go tomorrow for appt & intend to tell him that I didn’t get myself hooked on these drugs myself & why couldn’t he work me in & be there for me? I’ll let you know how appt goes, may be a lawsuit pending.......

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I’ll tell you now that you arent going to have much luck with legal recourse. If you did, half the country would be suing doctors right now. This has been a blessing in disguise, however. I hope you do NOT plan on getting back on the morphine. You are 10 days into detox and you are closer to the end than you have ever been! I urge you to continue being clean and opiate free!

Your RLS should be gone any day now, most dont have RLS for over 7 or 8 days. Sleep will be the last thing to fully come back but you should begin noticing better sleep by now? I would give it a couple more weeks, maybe 3 or 4 and your sleep should be back to “normal” whatever that may be for you.

Take hot baths, take walks around your neighborhood, just do whatever you have to do to take your mind off the opiates. Continue to be strong and push through the symptoms. I promise you that things will get better and you will feel so much better than you’ve felt in the last 10 years.

Keep us updated on your journey and please dont get another script from your doctor for morphine. Ask for a refill on the klonopin and continue taking that to help with sleep but be careful because klonopin (and other benzodiazepines) can be addictive like painkillers!

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjj62 View Post
    I’m a Dr prescribed opiate user for 15 yrs & decided it was time to get off. He had me on 3-100mg ER Morphine, 2-100mg Nucynta & 2-150mg Soma per day. I know it was wrong but i tried to go cold turkey @ home. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! So i go to my Dr & tell him i want to quit. I told him i had already quit Nucynta & Soma so he had me taper down Morphine & put me on 25mg seroquel & to keep taking 1mg klonopin & stop ambien. After mth or so i was down to 1-30mg day. I thought this will be easy, NOT!! I’ve had major restless legs & 2 hrs sleep night, sneezing, drainage & major temple headaches (i figure from no sleep). So husband said can you cut them up? (I know your not supposed to cut up ER pills) but he 1/4 30 mg, that night i slept like baby. After 3 days I said thats long enough, WRONG! I took 4 hot baths day, up all night, couldn’t function so i call Dr for prescription (they said i would have to come In earliest appt 11 days away! WTF? 5 more days goes by & i call & say I need to get in because withdrawls of no sleep & restless legs. They say I would have to go to ER, I HUNG UP! So to make long story short I’ve been off 10 days now & still no sleep & legs have slowed down but tossing & turning still. Husband & I go tomorrow for appt & intend to tell him that I didn’t get myself hooked on these drugs myself & why couldn’t he work me in & be there for me? I’ll let you know how appt goes, may be a lawsuit pending.......
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_ofthe_addict View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

I’ll tell you now that you arent going to have much luck with legal recourse. If you did, half the country would be suing doctors right now. This has been a blessing in disguise, however. I hope you do NOT plan on getting back on the morphine. You are 10 days into detox and you are closer to the end than you have ever been! I urge you to continue being clean and opiate free!

Your RLS should be gone any day now, most dont have RLS for over 7 or 8 days. Sleep will be the last thing to fully come back but you should begin noticing better sleep by now? I would give it a couple more weeks, maybe 3 or 4 and your sleep should be back to “normal” whatever that may be for you.

Take hot baths, take walks around your neighborhood, just do whatever you have to do to take your mind off the opiates. Continue to be strong and push through the symptoms. I promise you that things will get better and you will feel so much better than you’ve felt in the last 10 years.

Keep us updated on your journey and please dont get another script from your doctor for morphine. Ask for a refill on the klonopin and continue taking that to help with sleep but be careful because klonopin (and other benzodiazepines) can be addictive like painkillers!

I agree with phantom, it's been 10 days off the opiates so no matter how uncomfortable it is please stay the course and DO NOT get back on any opiate even if the doctor recommends it! You will continue to feel better as more clean time passes, you are through the worst of it so stay strong and stay of the morphine and all other opiates as well!

You can ask your doctor for clonidine to help with the withdrawal symptoms that you are still experiencing? Clonidine is a blood pressure medication that has been used for years "off label" to ease opiate withdrawals. You can also use the items in the thomas recipe for opiate withdrawal, here's a direct link - https://forum.drugs.com/featured-con...ent-35169.html

The thomas recipe does call for a benzo and you have the Klonopin already but make sure you get off the Klonopin as soon as you can because that med is highly addictive as well and coming off of benzos is much worse than coming off of opiates! Be careful with those Klonopin!

Eat lots of potassium rich foods to help with the restless legs. Eat a healthy diet and drink lots of water and Gatorade.

Again, DO NOT get back on any opiates! You are 10 days clean and that is HUGE! It only gets better from here, I promise! Update soon? Take care... God bless us all!

PS
    By the way, I noticed that your profile says that you joined the forum here back in November of 2011?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-18-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    WifeMotherSister likes this.

How did the appointment go yesterday? Are you taking the morphine again or not?

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_ofthe_addict View Post
    How did the appointment go yesterday? Are you taking the morphine again or not?
    Leave us an update and let us know what's going on? God bless us all!