Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Roncdog
Making big plans
  1. #1
    faith346 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    18

    Default Making big plans

    I'm planning on stopping my pain pills. I take 40 to 60mg of oxycodones a day. For 2 1/2 years. I work 2 days a week and looking for any suggestions on quitting c/t and continue to work. Work 2 straight off 5 straight. Any suggestions on how to began this journey is welcome. Just do not want to lose job.
    The only other solution would be to wait until I have time to take off in late September. I want these pills out of my life now. This summer 2017
    Any suggestions, ideas , experiences welcomed please

  2. #2
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faith346 View Post
    I'm planning on stopping my pain pills. I take 40 to 60mg of oxycodones a day. For 2 1/2 years. I work 2 days a week and looking for any suggestions on quitting c/t and continue to work. Work 2 straight off 5 straight. Any suggestions on how to began this journey is welcome. Just do not want to lose job.
    The only other solution would be to wait until I have time to take off in late September. I want these pills out of my life now. This summer 2017
    Any suggestions, ideas , experiences welcomed please
    Hello faith, you made three posts back on April 20th and you had received replies but you never updated again or responded back?

    You will receive lots of great advice and support here but you have to stick around for a while? It's important to update your thread often and communicate back? Myself and others will be happy to help you get through this and since you have five days off in a row we can plan and time your detox appropriately so you don't miss any work!

    Update with a little more background with the oxy when you get a chance please? Why did you start taking the oxy? Have you ever tried to quit before and if so how long did you quit for? What's your motivation to quit now, etc., etc., etc...? Will check back later? Take care... God bless us all!

  3. #3
    asp44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Dont wait til September!! Do it now c/t & get those evil things out of your life. Im on day 11 of stopping 150-200mg of oxy. Its not easy but you can do it. It does get a little better every day. The first 4-5 days for me were miserable with rls being the worst. Insomnia is a close second. They are however both improving. You have to have a strong mind set and lots of will power. Stay the course and reclaim your freedom.

  4. #4
    faith346 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Thanks for replying to my post. I started taking oxy for knee pain everyday about 2 1/2 almost 3 years ago. I started off taking 1/2 of a 30 mg pill daily to a pill a day to 2 to 3 a day. I now take about 60mg a day. I have never tried to quit but I have been planning to for awhile. I was discussing it with my husband he was going to support me. My husband died 6 months ago and since then I think I'm taking pills for depression not pain. I'm ready to quit. I don't want to depend on a pill to get out of bed in the morning. My life partner is gone I have to make it along. I can't allow that pills to control me. I have never ran out to go through withdrawals but I will wait hours before taking a pill and I become so depressed and sad. I'm ready to be done just trying to figure out the best way. I have thought of tapering off which seems to be the long way or going c/t. I have really crested a mess. Ricky I have read a lot of threads and posted several times. I'm trying to find a way. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

  5. #5
    faith346 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Asp44. Thanks for replying I don't want to wait. I have read your threads and they have been very encouraging your doing great. I hope I have just some of the strength you have. 11 days that's great!

  6. #6
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faith346 View Post
    Thanks for replying to my post. I started taking oxy for knee pain everyday about 2 1/2 almost 3 years ago. I started off taking 1/2 of a 30 mg pill daily to a pill a day to 2 to 3 a day. I now take about 60mg a day. I have never tried to quit but I have been planning to for awhile. I was discussing it with my husband he was going to support me. My husband died 6 months ago and since then I think I'm taking pills for depression not pain. I'm ready to quit. I don't want to depend on a pill to get out of bed in the morning. My life partner is gone I have to make it along. I can't allow that pills to control me. I have never ran out to go through withdrawals but I will wait hours before taking a pill and I become so depressed and sad. I'm ready to be done just trying to figure out the best way. I have thought of tapering off which seems to be the long way or going c/t. I have really crested a mess. Ricky I have read a lot of threads and posted several times. I'm trying to find a way. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    So sorry to hear about your husband! I'm glad that you posted back on your thread so now let's move forward with setting up a plan for you to get off the opiates for good?

    First, start off by stocking up on the items in the Thomas Recipe for Opiate Withdrawal. The recipe does call for a benzo but if you are not already prescribed them then we recommend not to use them because they are extremely addictive and can become a big problem very quickly, best to leave those out of the equation! You'll also want stock up on bottled water and Gatorade.

    You can get the items in the Thomas Recipe from GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, local drugstore or online. Here's a link to the Thomas Recipe -
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

    A cold turkey detox lasts about a week with the worst of the withdrawals being over by day 5 or so? After that you'll have some lingering symptoms like low energy, trouble sleeping and possibly some depression and/or anxiety. These lingering symptoms can last for a few weeks but they are only temporary so keep reminding yourself that! Your first day of the the detox will not be too bad so you should start your day one on your second day of work that way you'll have 6 full days to detox before you have to go back to work again! What are your thoughts? Update when you can? God bless us all!
    Autumnhopes likes this.

  7. #7
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    So sorry to hear about your husband! I'm glad that you posted back on your thread so now let's move forward with setting up a plan for you to get off the opiates for good?

    First, start off by stocking up on the items in the Thomas Recipe for Opiate Withdrawal. The recipe does call for a benzo but if you are not already prescribed them then we recommend not to use them because they are extremely addictive and can become a big problem very quickly, best to leave those out of the equation! You'll also want stock up on bottled water and Gatorade.

    You can get the items in the Thomas Recipe from GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, local drugstore or online. Here's a link to the Thomas Recipe -
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

    A cold turkey detox lasts about a week with the worst of the withdrawals being over by day 5 or so? After that you'll have some lingering symptoms like low energy, trouble sleeping and possibly some depression and/or anxiety. These lingering symptoms can last for a few weeks but they are only temporary so keep reminding yourself that! Your first day of the the detox will not be too bad so you should start your day one on your second day of work that way you'll have 6 full days to detox before you have to go back to work again! What are your thoughts? Update when you can? God bless us all!
    faith - what's going on? Update when you can?
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  8. #8
    asp44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Hi faith, i hope u r doing well. I have had quite a few ups & then the dreaded downs. I have gotten thru to day 17, and still hanging in there. I know u can power thru and make this your last dance with the "devil"! I post often and it helps to write about what im experiencing. My last few days have been kind of rough, with the rls but i just tell myself to get to tomorrow & go from there. Sleep is slowly getting better so thats a plus. I know you will get thru! Best of luck.

  9. #9
    faith346 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Hi Ricky. Thanks so much for checking back in with me. Thank you for your suggestions I had company so that has delayed my plan to stop these pills. I feel that I don't want to be sick while company is here. I really didn't want any but I do for another week. I mean guest. I'm going to order everything on the Thomas recipe online today . I have started taking vitamins a prenatal thinking maybe it will prepare my body.

  10. #10
    faith346 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Thanks asp44. 17 days is great!!

  11. #11
    survivalist is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Faith, there are ups and downs thats how life works. It took me 3 weeks to get pass it. Stay strong may you have the strength to overcome this.

  12. #12
    asp44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Hi faith, just wanted to see how u were doing. Do u still have company, & do u have a date set to stop? Update soon.

  13. #13
    faith346 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I have not posted in a while but I'm constantly reading different threads here. I was thinking about tapering. Any suggestions? I'm so ready to stop taking these pills. If tapering does not work. I will go c/t.

  14. #14
    faith346 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Hi Ricky what do you think about a taper? I'm so afraid of the depression and anxiety that starts just hours to a day after my last dose. I'm not sure if the pills are helping the depression when taken or causing the depression. I think that maybe a doubled edge question. I have enough for a slower taper. I have read all the support provided on these threads. Looking forward to getting your ideas on c/t or a taper. I'm praying for strength. This need for this pills must end!!
    any other suggestons are greatly appreciated. I have dropped from 52 mg to 30mg. Slight. Depression. What do you think.

  15. #15
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faith346 View Post
    Hi Ricky what do you think about a taper? I'm so afraid of the depression and anxiety that starts just hours to a day after my last dose. I'm not sure if the pills are helping the depression when taken or causing the depression. I think that maybe a doubled edge question. I have enough for a slower taper. I have read all the support provided on these threads. Looking forward to getting your ideas on c/t or a taper. I'm praying for strength. This need for this pills must end!!
    any other suggestons are greatly appreciated. I have dropped from 52 mg to 30mg. Slight. Depression. What do you think.
    Tapering is not easy to do and most people cannot do it! For majority of people if the pills are around they are just going to gobble them up! I tapered oxy myself but I tapered too fast and by too much so I suffered all the way through, I was in a constant state of withdrawal!

    If you think you can taper then give it a honest try? Taper your dose by 10-20% every 7-10 days, you can adjust the taper faster or slower depending on how you feel? Do not go up and and down in dose! The point of tapering is to avoid or at the very least minimize any withdrawal symptoms!

    Be consistent with your taper, if you are at 30mg/day now then stay there until your body adjusts and you feel okay on that dose then you can do your next reduction to 25mg/day, rinse and repeat. Remember this is a very slow process!

    Keep us updated? Good luck... God bless us all!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-25-2017 at 12:18 AM.

  16. #16
    faith346 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    18

    Default

    What would you suggest taper or c/t? Maybe I should just jump. I don't want to prolong this to long or stay in withdrawals. I think I will go as low as I can and then just stop. Isn't that what I will eventually have to do anyway?

  17. #17
    Roncdog is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    B.C. And Alberta Canada
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Hello.

    I am a new member, but have been eavesdropping here for a while. Can you do it in 5 days? The worst may be over by then, yes, but the lingering effects won't. Not to scare you. I'll say I was a feind on opiates, and your dose was like a tic tac to me. On that note, it's been you regular dose for a while now and your body physically needs it, that's the kicker. So...you will experience the same WD's as a person like me, maybe not as intense...but all in all the same. I tried and could not taper off, that may be something you might try? Seems your dose may allow for that? Over say the next 6-7 weeks. Then you can go CT? I'm not a professional, just an addict on the road to recovery. I am 5 weeks free of them and feel better, more in control of my life and the big thing is I am happy on so many fronts. They'll become apparent to you if they are not already? Not looking for them, relaying on them etc. In my opinion it may boil down to the 5 days off and occupying that time?, I took 10 days off work and went back to my 12 on 2 off schedule and it was not easy but it occupied my time and in all truth exhausted me to allow my sleep patterns to develop, eating was a tough one, too little too much...but it's becoming normal now. I hope others reply? I am maybe a minority in the fact I was lost too it, the opioids and my choices were easy...clean out and stay clean or, well, we won't go there. Good luck, read up on it, taper off for a bit then jump? But if you are done and just scared of the process, as we all are and were. Don't be, please, 2 1/2 years so far or 5-6 days and a month of feeling sluggish and sneezing...I personally wish I chose the later some 8 years ago. For what it's worth. Ron.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  18. #18
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faith346 View Post
    What would you suggest taper or c/t? Maybe I should just jump. I don't want to prolong this to long or stay in withdrawals. I think I will go as low as I can and then just stop. Isn't that what I will eventually have to do anyway?
    If you think you have the willpower to taper then I would try that first? If you taper slow enough your body and brain will adjust to the small reductions and you will experience very little discomfort! Follow the taper info I left in the earlier post?

    If you find the taper is too difficult then you can go the cold turkey route? All the info on the cold turkey process is also in one of my earlier posts to you! Good luck... God bless us all!

  19. #19
    Autumnhopes is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faith346 View Post
    What would you suggest taper or c/t? Maybe I should just jump. I don't want to prolong this to long or stay in withdrawals. I think I will go as low as I can and then just stop. Isn't that what I will eventually have to do anyway?
    Hi Faith, tapering oxycodone is hard. I've done it when I quit last year. I was taking Percocet 10/325 at that time. About 4 pills per day sometimes 5. It took me almost 4 weeks to get through w/d. The anxiety was through the roof. But I tend toward anxiety in my life in general, the pills seemed to help my anxiety... yea right?!! But the worst was the first 6 days. Definitely listen to Ricky... day 2 of your working let it be your day 1 off pills then you'll have 6 days home before going back to work to detox. Rest up get lots of movies,& vitamins as needed. Look at the Thomas recipe etc. you can do it!!
    It's not quick or easy. But that's our mentality unfortunately (at least I speak for myself, looking for the easy way...) it was hard getting off Percocet. Harder then even dilaudid or morphine. The w/d effects lasted for about 3-4 weeks. Be prepared for everyone it's a little different but never has anyone said getting off narcotics was a mistake. We all realize that getting clean is the best decision in the world & will lead to better decisions in the future! Take the first step Faith, u won't regret it!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2016, 04:16 AM
  2. Making the plan :) please help me
    By J_addict in forum Suboxone Treatment
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-27-2014, 11:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22