Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Iluv2smile
Metehadone 90mg to Suboxone (Please Help)
    onedecisionattime is offline New Member

Default Metehadone 90mg to Suboxone (Please Help)

Hi, any help would be so greatly appreciated. I have been on Methadone now for around 7 years. Since I've been on it, I've felt bloated, lethargic, and just like plain >>>> basically every single day. My question is this. I was on administrative detox at the methadone clinic (fee-tox), and its been about two weeks since I've taken any methadone. For the last two weeks I've been taking short acting opiates, either roxi or whatever else I can get my hands on. I'm curious if I would still go into precipitated withdrawls if I go on suboxone. I know they say to wean down to 30mg of methadone first, but being that its been two weeks since I've taking it, is that long enough? Please any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently out of money and means to get any short acting opiates, but I have health ins and can get on suboxone. I just don't want to go into precipitated wd's, as I will lose my job if I cant make it in. I would really appreciate any help

starrlight is offline New Member

OK so I'm actually in the exact same boat as you right now. So I'll tell you what I've been told. Two weeks is long enough, but what you gotta do is let yourself go without any opiates for at least 12 hours and let yourself start to withdrawal. There's this COWS sheet quiz you can take to tally up your symptoms and once you score a 26 then it's safe to take. Once you do though only start with 1-2 mgs at a time, wait an hour or two them take more if you have to but just enough to stabilize. Like I said I'm going through the same and it sucks, but what sucks more is precipitated withdrawal. I wish I had listened to others advice the first time. But you will get through this. Us addicts, we are a strong willed breed and are capable of greatness. You have to find a way to channel into that determination we all have in us, that drive that pushed us to keep going when we were using, not giving up until we got what we wanted. Take that strength and put it into your recovery.. good luck hun

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Ok
    So please
    Move your threads to the
    Suboxone treatment board..
    It is much busier.
    You will get help
    I induced from 150 mg of methadone
    19 months ago
    Stayed on sub 9 months by choice
    Now off sub
    - year in January..
    You have got to follow the Cows scale
    No way around it ..
    I will post it for you..
    You do not want to go in to precipitated withdrawals..
    Times is not really a good indicator because everyone's metabolism is difference..
    I am going to post
    Cows
    Clinical opiate withdrawal scale
    And the
    Induction and taper
    1000s of us used successfully..
    If you follow it
    You will be ok..
    It is amazing to get off methadone..
    It took me to my knees..
    I was on it 10 years..
    So great to be off those liquid handcuffs..
    With this waiting period pleSe don't take any comfort Meds.
    Valium or Benadryl or anything it will prolong the process..
    I have to go out for awhile but if you move your threads
    You will have others to support you..
    This place is amazing ..
    Lots of success
    Bette

COWS

https://www.drugabuse.gov/sites/defa...rawalScale.pdf

Induction and taper

https://www.drugs.com/forum/images/misc/sticky.gif
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-29-2015 at 01:23 PM.
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onedecisionattime View Post
    Hi, any help would be so greatly appreciated. I have been on Methadone now for around 7 years. Since I've been on it, I've felt bloated, lethargic, and just like plain >>>> basically every single day. My question is this. I was on administrative detox at the methadone clinic (fee-tox), and its been about two weeks since I've taken any methadone. For the last two weeks I've been taking short acting opiates, either roxi or whatever else I can get my hands on. I'm curious if I would still go into precipitated withdrawls if I go on suboxone. I know they say to wean down to 30mg of methadone first, but being that its been two weeks since I've taking it, is that long enough? Please any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently out of money and means to get any short acting opiates, but I have health ins and can get on suboxone. I just don't want to go into precipitated wd's, as I will lose my job if I cant make it in. I would really appreciate any help
    Hey Onedecision!
    Just because you haven't taken any methadone in 2 weeks doesn't mean that the Other Opiates you took or are taking are out of your system--they can also cause precipitated withdrawal. The subs knock the other drugs off the receptors. That puts you in precipitated withdrawals if there are any other drugs occupying those receptors at the time. That's why it's soooooo important to be in sufficient wd before taking subs. My doctor put me in precipitated wds. You don't want to experience that.
    So follow Bette's good advice and judge your wd by the Cows sheet. You MUST be in 26 before it's safe to induct subs. When you're ready, reach out and people here will help you.
    This is a well-trodden road. You can do this!
    Happy New Year