Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
Methadon/Suboxone jump day 14>>>
    jana34 is offline Junior Member

Hey there. You're really spending a lot of time with you're family. That's rad. Even cooler that you're enjoying them and genuinely having a good time doing things u haven't done in years like watching a game together. Man i want to be like that.
    I picked up a bottle of melatonin to use this week and have on hand for later. It's 5 mg extended release, a couple bucks more than the regular. It says take one. I'm guessing taking 2 is safe? I'm still having some trouble sleeping and wake up all sweaty a few times at night.
    Oh yeah I asked a client I who was getting a video game related piece about world of warcraft. He says he used to play a lot but now it's not as cool because any new player can enter in at level 90. I'm not sure what that means but when I have some down time I'm still totally gonna check it out. Oh and he also called me a nube or newb?
    Take care and thanks again for posting such a great thread. Who knows how many people may read it on day 7 or something after dropping off subs and find the encouragement to continue on.

Oops. I've got to correct myself. The melatonin bottle says limit use to two months with a break of one week. Not 3 weeks. My bad

gottidog is offline Junior Member

Day 25 - 6:20pm... Today i had a sudden wave of boredom... I guess because i was just by myself and not doing anything. I just didn't feel like playing WoW but i didn't know what i wanted to do. It lasted a couple hours and i finally just got up and did something. I went to my moms and told her to come with me because I had a lot of food to buy for the christmas dinner at my house. She is on a fixed income and worries a lot, so i made sure to go buy everything we needed. It was raining all day but i got plenty of exercise from walking around 2 stores for 2 hours. I bought a ton of boneless skinless chicken breasts and fish to eat. My diet consists of mainly chicken breasts(just seasoned and grilled on top of the stove), fish(tilapia with lemon pepper, grilled on the stove the same way), and veggies(mainly brocolli and corn). I was kind of "blah" this morning, so i just went and got lunch at mcdonald. I don't think i can eat greasy foods like that anymore because it kinda upset my stomach for about 30 mins after eating it. That's a good thing.. more incentive to just eat healthy and stay in shape. The good thing though... The boredom and "blah" feeling passed fairly quickly. It was about 3 hours before i just made myself get up and go to the store. I feel great right now, I think it has a lot to do with the couple miles i walked while shopping, releasing those natural endorphin's. So i'd just like to say if you feel like >>>>, force yourself to get up and go walk. It helps, i promise...

Not too much more to say about my day, it's pretty routine and steady right now.. which is good.

Jana - The melatonin is definitely safe to take 10mg. I'm not sure if you did much research but your body makes melatonin. It makes it at night when lights are out and it is the chemical that tells your body that it is time to go to bed. Dr Oz did a great segment on his show about the wrong ways to use melatonin, i just searched on the internet and found it. He basically said that it isn't to be used by normal people... that the people that should use it are like shift workers or people that have flown and changed time zones. But we aren't normal people, we are putting our bodies through some rough times and we are lacking in the natural melatonin chemical in our bodies. My opinion is that is completely safe for people like us, until our body gets back to normal. I take 10mg about an hour before i think i want to go to sleep and always fall asleep within 2 hours, usually because i'm playing WoW or another game and don't set my laptop aside for an hour or 2. Dr Oz suggested that you take it and in 30 minutes you lay down in a dark and quiet room. Your body creates melatonin naturely when it is dark, so it helps to be in a dark and quiet room.

OMG... you just named the MAIN reason that i quit methadone and suboxone. I couldn't STAND how much i sweat... doing nothing... in the middle of the night. It would wake me up, i was so covered in sweat. It was so frustrating and annoying. My face would all of the sudden feel like it was on fire for no reason at all.

Yeah, WoW has been around for over 10 years and is the most successful game of all time, hands down, with millions of users currently. There are a lot of people that quit and i did too. But it's such a great game i always come back, lol... Your client will be back... they always come back... The instant lvl 90 thing is a good thing, in my opinion(although you have no clue what i'm talking about, lol). Also, it's newb... it's short for newbie, a term for new players that have no clue what they are doing and pretty much suck at the game. But hey, it's a complex game and takes quite a bit of skill and practice to be good. That's funny that i gave you something to talk about with your client. Gaming is a universal language and a lot of people are really passionate about it. As you can tell, with someone coming in to get a video game themed tattoo. Ok, post is long enough but ty for your replies and i enjoy talking to you, it gives me something to look forward to when i come to the boards other than just posting what my day consists of, which is pretty boring at this point.

Day 27 - 11pm Well, not really too much to say other than I had a great last 2 days with my family. I had a total of 12 people at my house at 1 point today and loved every minute of it. I ate lots of food and rarely came to my room which was quite the shock to all of my family(keep in mind this is all close family, since my sister, her kids, and grandkids total 8 people). My days are much more enjoyable and fulfilling, most of the time. The only issue I am still having is the bathroom issue if I don't take imodium. Which i'm not sure if it's going to correct itself while taking imodium or if i'm going to have to stop taking it and just let it get better on it's own. If anyone has any suggestions on if I should just stop taking the imodium or if it's going to get better while taking it. While it's an issue, it's a minor issue and I can deal with it. I've seen other posts recently asking if there is happiness after opiate abuse and for myself, I can say i'm way happier and engaging than i was on pills, even when i wasn't "abusing" them. I'm almost at 30 days and i can say that i'm about 80%, with the other 20% being the stomach issues and the occasional boredom(which is a completely normal feeling so i'm not sure i can attribute that to w/d).
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Day 33 - 9am... I'm still doing good... My whole family is sick except me. I never get sick, although i did have a stomach thing that i'm not sure if it was w/d or me just catching a little bit of what they got and fighting it off. Despite that, we are cooking at my house today... the southern new years tradition of black eyed peas, cornbread, and cabbage.. Not too much else to say, I did kind of fall off of my diet since christmas but scru it, I will pick it back up after all this good food goes away.Still have minor stomach issues but no imodium in a couple days.

LM69 is offline New Member

Hi gottidog all i can say is wow such an inspirational story thank you. My gf has been on methadone for 19 yrs we started dating 6 wks ago this methadone is all new to me so I'm looking for all the info I can get. She transferred to the clinic near me and they put her on biodone the transition was difficult for both of us and on new years eve she decided, after missing her dose the day before and talking with the Dr at the clinic that she wld start suboxone. This is day 5 on sub and what a rollercoaster it's been. When two women are emotionally charged then fighting is imminent but we've stuck by each other. Reading yr story has made me believe there is going to be light at the end of the tunnel I'd like to try some of the supplements you mention with her to try and lift her feeling of wanting to do things but just can't get moving. Alcohol has been an issue with biodone but she is finding it hard to drink on sub so we're now thinking of rehab. It's all a bit scary for me as I've not had to experience this with anyone before but we're both positive that she will be living a 'normal' life (as she puts it)

Wow she just woke up and for the first time is smiling and chatting and seems to be feeling better than she has before, she's usually not good till after her dose but today is different.

Have to go now as the clinic closes very soon. Thank you again for sharing yr experience

Linda

On another note her sweating and sleepless nights have stopped she doesn't twitch or jump thru the night so she is starting to get some sleep

Day 36 - 11 pm... Another great day with the family. I had them all over to watch the football games and cook tacos/enchilada's. It was such a great idea for me to start this tradition of cooking every sunday, I love it. It's such a drastic change from what i THOUGHT was just "me". I would always say, "i just don't like people"... I actually thought that was my personality, that i just liked being alone and it couldn't be farther from the truth. It was the pills just wanting me all to themselves, metaphorically. I am more social than i have been in 10 years and it's so obvious to everyone that knows me. It's important for people that read this to know that the way you feel now on pills isn't a life sentence. You can and will get over it if you push yourself hard and work at it to change your mindset. It won't be easy, in fact, it will be the fight of your life, but it's SOOO worth it. 36 days isn't a long time but it seems light years away from how i felt just 40 days ago.

Hi Linda - I'm glad sharing my experience can help people. I think people read too many horror stories and it can trap you, thinking it will never end. But there can and will be normality in anyone's life who works hard and is determined. The transition from methadone to suboxone can be a rough one but after a week or so, it should all settle down and she will feel much better on subs. As you read, i was only on subs for like 4 months and i think subs should only be used as a short term detox. The supplements were a life saver for me, i think. Although i'm kind of slacking on my exercise and supplementing since christmas. Too much good food... There is, indeed, light at the end of the tunnel for your gf but she has to really really want it. There is only so much you can do, so don't get discouraged if she fails. Just be supportive and try to help her through it unless it is damaging you in the process somehow... Then you just have to wash your hands of it and know that you did everything you could. You didn't mention if you took opiates or not but it's hard being with an addict that doesn't really want to be clean. Don't be too pushy about her lack of energy though... trust me, she is just as frustrated as you are about it and nagging her about it will only cause problems. I know exactly what you mean about all of the sudden her attitude and lifelessness changing because it happen to me and my family has noticed the change. They are so happy to have me back... and i'm here to stay..

I'm not on anything so it's hard for me to get my head around but I am trying I've noticed her change but won't make a deal about it so I don't make her aware lol I've mentioned the supplements and protein drink that 'we' shld start this week so she doesn't feel like I'm pushing her without my support. I'm trying not to let it 'damage' me in any way cause I have kids so need to try and keep my head about me but also not let her down. She does want to be clean I can see that and we talk about it alot I have a hope canister around my neck she doesn't know what's in it but the first hope was for her to be off methadone and on suboxone by the beginning of the new year I haven't shown or told her about the first hope it's something I keep for myself she's determined to get off this stuff so it's a good thing
    We haven't had a fight in 2 days now, not holding my breath but hoping things stay good I will eventually show her yr story but atm she's taking a grain of salt with everything she reads so I'm thinking she needs another week or so of being alert so she can accept others stories I do appreciate all you have written and I see alot of her in yr story so I thank you again and again for showing me that she and I are not the only ones

Keep up the amazing journey you are travelling it is very inspiring

Linda

Day 40 - 12pm... An interesting thing happened today but it didn't really surprise me since i've had this mindset for a couple years now. It's just interesting because it's the first actual test with the short acting opiates i've had since I stopped taking opiates. I had to drive my dad an hour away to go see the dentist to have oral surgery and most addicts know oral surgery=PAIN PILLS!!!!. The funny thing is, I didn't even think about it until I was handed my dads script. It hadn't even crossed my mind at all that... not one time... and even when i was handed the script, I only had a 10 second though of "I bet i could take one, especially since I have methadone and subs at home that I have been looking at through my whole detox" but I quickly dismissed that and told myself, "why would I? I feel better now than i did when i was taking pills and i'm only on day 40". Speaking to the fact that I went through my detox with opiates within arms reach, it's not for everyone... I felt it was important to me to know that i could quit these things while being able to take them at any time because my whole family takes opiates(mom, dad, and sister take methadone for pain in small doses(10-30mg a day). So there is no avoiding it for me... There is no "flush them and avoid everyone".. .I love my family and just because I can't take them like i'm supposed to(although i have been for the last 2 years at 20-30mg a day)... why should i avoid my family that i love so much just because i couldn't deal with my issues. Even if i didn't have subs and methadone left over in my drawer, it would take me a total of 10 minutes to get pills if i really wanted them, but the good thing is... i don't... and won't... I have proven this to myself by doing it the way I did. The physical dependence was my problem at this point in my life and i'm almost over that part. My bathroom issues are settling down finally after 40 days, i havent had immodium in 4 days. I still find it hard to fall asleep without melatonin but when i fall asleep, i get a good 7-8 hours of sleep. I have to admit I have still been slacking on my nutritional and supplement plan but I will definitely start that back up soon, along with a tough workout schedule. I am just having the time of my life right now with my family and enjoying every second of the babies... I don't worry about the small stuff and enjoy eating what i want right now, so i'm going to do it.

I guess what i'm trying to convey again is that you aren't as trapped as you think you are....I could have never done it the way that i did, with pills within arms reach, just 3 years ago. When i was in an addict state of mind and taking hand fulls of pills, I could have never done this. Taking methadone in small doses over a couple years had gotten me out of the pill taking mindset and buzz chasing mentality.

Maggie1976 is offline Member

Hi Gottidog,

I just wanted to say first of all ,Thanks for being an inspiration to a lot of people and congratulations on winning the fight of your life .

My name is Maggie and I am in this very same trap. I am the same age as you but my addiction is still to the pills. I started taking Percocet after my c section in 2009, and realized that it helped a lot better than t3 for pain which I had been taking on and off for pain since 2004. I have always been prescribed from my Dr and to this day have not had to look for it on the street. I take is orally and never any other way. Since 2009 I have gone from Percs to oxy neo 6 10 mg pills a day. I have always been very strict with taking the amount prescribed because of fear of running out too soon and going through WD. I have 2 sons one being only 4 years old and found out the hard way what WD are. At the beginning I had no idea what they were or what was wrong with me and when I found out I have made sure to always have my proper dose every day. I am at the point where I feel numb now to life. I only do what I have to everyday and have no interest in doing anything else , even to go grocery shopping is a task. I have left my job now and have no interest to go back instead giving the little bit of energy that I do have to my kids and taking care of the household. I know that I cannot go on taking these meds for much longer as my family suffers from this and I know they need the real Maggie back and not this mood swinging shell of myself that they have now. The problem is that every time I get brave and decide to even wean down by taking one less pill a day I can only make it one day at one less and I wake up in tears feeling like I cannot even be a mother like this. So I give in and take my usual 60 mg a day. I feel that I am physically dependent more so than mentally addicted not to say that at the beginning I did not enjoy the great feelings that it gave me but that was more of a plus in addition to taking care of the pain however I don't have pain everyday so I realized how awful it was when I was forced to take it everyday pain or none. I am so ready to stop mentally but I have an EXTREAMLY weak mind when it comes to suffering through the WD and I have never been without for longer than 14 hours so I have not even felt the worst of it and I know there is no way I would be able to take care of my youngest son while going through this. He is very hyper and takes a lot of energy just to be around him. I just wanted to ask your opinion on how I should go about this. I know that you are not a professional but I have read your thread and I consider your opinion to be helpful as I see that you have gone through this and I can tell that you are a strong person. At the moment I feel like I am in this alone because usually I am the strong one in this household and am the one that takes care of everybody else. I would like to know if you were in my situation knowing what you know now and at the dose I am at right now, how would you go about it. Do u think subs would be a benefit to me to try or a hinder? I don't drink or take any other drugs. I just have a fear so bad of this WD I just don't know how to do this
    gottidog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie1976 View Post
    Hi Gottidog,

I just wanted to say first of all ,Thanks for being an inspiration to a lot of people and congratulations on winning the fight of your life .

My name is Maggie and I am in this very same trap. I am the same age as you but my addiction is still to the pills. I started taking Percocet after my c section in 2009, and realized that it helped a lot better than t3 for pain which I had been taking on and off for pain since 2004. I have always been prescribed from my Dr and to this day have not had to look for it on the street. I take is orally and never any other way. Since 2009 I have gone from Percs to oxy neo 6 10 mg pills a day. I have always been very strict with taking the amount prescribed because of fear of running out too soon and going through WD. I have 2 sons one being only 4 years old and found out the hard way what WD are. At the beginning I had no idea what they were or what was wrong with me and when I found out I have made sure to always have my proper dose every day. I am at the point where I feel numb now to life. I only do what I have to everyday and have no interest in doing anything else , even to go grocery shopping is a task. I have left my job now and have no interest to go back instead giving the little bit of energy that I do have to my kids and taking care of the household. I know that I cannot go on taking these meds for much longer as my family suffers from this and I know they need the real Maggie back and not this mood swinging shell of myself that they have now. The problem is that every time I get brave and decide to even wean down by taking one less pill a day I can only make it one day at one less and I wake up in tears feeling like I cannot even be a mother like this. So I give in and take my usual 60 mg a day. I feel that I am physically dependent more so than mentally addicted not to say that at the beginning I did not enjoy the great feelings that it gave me but that was more of a plus in addition to taking care of the pain however I don't have pain everyday so I realized how awful it was when I was forced to take it everyday pain or none. I am so ready to stop mentally but I have an EXTREAMLY weak mind when it comes to suffering through the WD and I have never been without for longer than 14 hours so I have not even felt the worst of it and I know there is no way I would be able to take care of my youngest son while going through this. He is very hyper and takes a lot of energy just to be around him. I just wanted to ask your opinion on how I should go about this. I know that you are not a professional but I have read your thread and I consider your opinion to be helpful as I see that you have gone through this and I can tell that you are a strong person. At the moment I feel like I am in this alone because usually I am the strong one in this household and am the one that takes care of everybody else. I would like to know if you were in my situation knowing what you know now and at the dose I am at right now, how would you go about it. Do u think subs would be a benefit to me to try or a hinder? I don't drink or take any other drugs. I just have a fear so bad of this WD I just don't know how to do this
    Hi Maggie!, I completely understand exactly where you are in your addiction/dependence because i was there. People will tell anyone and everyone if at ALL possible to taper the pills and try to detox from those. Personally, methadone and suboxone saved my life, as you probably read. I never really tried to detox off of the pills because I just didn't want to... I was getting high and having fun, or so i thought(5 years ago). In all honesty, i probably couldn't have done it... Not in my state of mind... So the switch to methadone was the right one for me. I don't recommend you switch to methadone because it sounds like you are past that part mentally. I think you should actually give detoxing from the pills a shot first... Let your family know exactly what is going on and try it. You might be surprised how strong you will be while you are in detox because as bad as it is(and it sucks), it's worse thinking about it and stressing over it. If you absolutely just can't manage to do it yourself then i highly recommend going on suboxone for a VERY short period of time... 6 months or so maybe. Possibly following roberts taper plan. I didn't follow the plan and jumped from 4mg but that's just me and I was just so ready to do this... at day 42 and feeling great after a full day of family, food(fried shrimp, catfish, oysters... yum), and football, I can say it was the right decision for me. Whatever it takes for you to get your life back. I will be here for you if you need anyone to talk to. I usually check my thread every day but don't always post unless someone responds. Your w/d will be shorter if you do manage to detox from the pills and i highly recommend you at least give it a try(you kinda have but gave in at 14 hours but i mean another try, being more prepared for what is to come)... Like i said, you might be surprised at your strength and determination. If you just can't do it, don't consider yourself to have failed... It isn't a contest and this is the fight of your life to get your life back for you and your kids. It won't be easy and it won't be fun... but it WILL be SO WORTH IT.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-11-2015 at 11:43 PM.
    Maggie1976 likes this.

Maggie1976 is offline Member

Thank you so much for your advice.
    I really want to try to detox from the pills, I think that I would of tried harder if I did not have to care for my son, he is very hyper active and he does not understand when I am sick, I remember when I was feeling pretty bad one time when I was making an attempt, he came into the room and started jumping on the bed saying feel better mommy feel better I need u downstairs. At that point I said to myself, I have to wait a couple more yrs until he is older. I know I can't do that either, I push myself everyday on these things , feel like >>>> all the time. It is not good for my boys either when I don't even feel like leaving the house. I have been looking into rehab places where I can go and get help to do this and have somewhere to be, away from my boys to go through this. I have no idea if it will be good for me, however I need to be somewhere else to do this.

I am so happy that you are out of hell now . I have so much respect for your strength, you did this, that means that you can do anything. Gives me hope

Thanks
    Maggie

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie1976 View Post
    Thank you so much for your advice.
    I really want to try to detox from the pills, I think that I would of tried harder if I did not have to care for my son, he is very hyper active and he does not understand when I am sick, I remember when I was feeling pretty bad one time when I was making an attempt, he came into the room and started jumping on the bed saying feel better mommy feel better I need u downstairs. At that point I said to myself, I have to wait a couple more yrs until he is older. I know I can't do that either, I push myself everyday on these things , feel like >>>> all the time. It is not good for my boys either when I don't even feel like leaving the house. I have been looking into rehab places where I can go and get help to do this and have somewhere to be, away from my boys to go through this. I have no idea if it will be good for me, however I need to be somewhere else to do this.

I am so happy that you are out of hell now . I have so much respect for your strength, you did this, that means that you can do anything. Gives me hope

Thanks
    Maggie
    It's going to be very hard with having to watch him full time. I'd suggest maybe asking a family member to take care of him for 7-10 days. Ask your husband to take off of work for a week... anything to get this done. You should be 75% at that time and taking care of him will be manageable Your son may not understand but he doesn't have to... he may be upset at having to be away from mommy for a week but at the end of it he will forget all about it and if you think about it, he is away from his mommy right now... since you aren't yourself.

On the rehab thing, I don't think you should waste the money without trying yourself... I personally don't like the idea of rehabs because eventually you are going to be put right back into your life situation and if you couldn't do it before you went to rehab chances are you will relapse. The statistics are mind blowing on relapse after rehab, yet so many people believe so strongly in it. If a person is successful after rehab, I think, they could have done it on their own. There are, of course, exceptions to that rule and if rehab has helped someone stay clean then thats great. I know that you are contemplating rehab because you can't do it with your son but if you can have someone watch him while you go to rehab, i'm sure you can find someone to watch him while you detox. Even rent a hotel room if that's what you need to do, to just bundle up and get through the worst.

Honestly, i think suboxone might be a good choice for you... as a short term detox from the pills. You will feel like a different person on them and won't have these ups and downs that you have 10 times a day on the short acting opiates. If you are on subs for a short period of time the detox won't be as horrible as some suggest. I was on them for 3 months but i was on a much stronger drug than you before i switched to subs, so I don't know how much of my detox was coming off of subs or the methadone. My transition from methadone to subs was completely painless, unlike some others have posted but I think a lot of it is the mind game. The important thing is that I, along with thousands of other people have done it and you can too.
    Maggie1976 likes this.

Day 50 - 12 pm... The funny thing is, i actually had to look back at an old post to count the days to figure out how long it's been. It's an afterthought at this point for me, as the days turn into weeks, into months... It's not something i think about on a daily basis anymore and that's refreshing. I still have "not so good" days but they aren't really bad. The bathroom issues have been gone for about a week and sleep has returned to somewhat normal. I haven't taken anything to fall asleep in 3-4 days even though i struggle to fall asleep until 3-4am sometimes but I do get a good 6-8 hours of sleep once i fall asleep. I do feel very lethargic and don't really do much other than play on my computer but the energy will return and the fact that i took time off of work allows me to just let my body and mind recover. Which i think it has quite remarkably at day 50, considering. Although i should be getting out and exercising, I just havent... It hasn't been easy and days 3-14 were pure heII. I don't want people to get discouraged if they aren't where i'm at, at day 50. The fact that I am where i am, should let you realize that you can get there too... even if it takes a little longer. I jumped from a very high dose compared to what most people jump at(4mg, so it's very possible), it was the right decision for me and you just have to make the decision for yourself. Although if you can and want to taper as low as you want, it's probably better. Not really too much to say on my thread other than just posting to let people who care know that i'm still clean and doing well... trying to give some people hope that this will end for them too. I still come to the boards to read and try to give some encouragement to people when i can, even if i'm not posting on my thread but at some point it's just time to move on. So i'm not sure how many more posts i will make on my thread, unless it's to reply...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-19-2015 at 01:30 PM.

Hey there gotti, I hope all is well with you still. I reread your thread sometimes cause it's just such an honest testimony and you've done so well. When do you go back to work?
    Oh a long time back I said I tried the l glutamine supplement and it made me feel kinda crazy. I found the bottle. It was actually l methionine. I've been meaning to correct that post for awhile.
    I'm down to 3 mgs of sub from starting at about 16. Up until dropping from 4 to 3 I didn't really feel anything. Not sure where I'll go from here. Work is really busy so I can't just drop off. Plus I've been bringing a family member up to MD Anderson and she'll be having surgery to remove her cancer soon and I have to be available and competent for that.
    I haven't started back exercising yet or eating very well so I think that's why I'm really fatigued and weak feeling. Just stuff that's my own fault.
    Coffee and beer don't taste so good being on subs. On methadone I sort of craved those things...and sweets. Probably not related to the subs but still.
    Anyhow just wondering how you're doing. I know a lot of people get inspiration from your thread and yours in particular plus a couple others gave me the confidence to make the change from methadone. I was on about 40 mgs. I remember one place said I had to be down to 10 to 12. The first week was a little rocky but it passed and still really grateful for the change. Subs have never made me feel any kind of buzz or euphoria at any dose. Maybe cause of over a decade of methadone. Idk. Just coping and living this different lifestyle. Oh I'm gonna be late for work. Take care you
    gottidog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jana34 View Post
    Hey there gotti, I hope all is well with you still. I reread your thread sometimes cause it's just such an honest testimony and you've done so well. When do you go back to work?
    Oh a long time back I said I tried the l glutamine supplement and it made me feel kinda crazy. I found the bottle. It was actually l methionine. I've been meaning to correct that post for awhile.
    I'm down to 3 mgs of sub from starting at about 16. Up until dropping from 4 to 3 I didn't really feel anything. Not sure where I'll go from here. Work is really busy so I can't just drop off. Plus I've been bringing a family member up to MD Anderson and she'll be having surgery to remove her cancer soon and I have to be available and competent for that.
    I haven't started back exercising yet or eating very well so I think that's why I'm really fatigued and weak feeling. Just stuff that's my own fault.
    Coffee and beer don't taste so good being on subs. On methadone I sort of craved those things...and sweets. Probably not related to the subs but still.
    Anyhow just wondering how you're doing. I know a lot of people get inspiration from your thread and yours in particular plus a couple others gave me the confidence to make the change from methadone. I was on about 40 mgs. I remember one place said I had to be down to 10 to 12. The first week was a little rocky but it passed and still really grateful for the change. Subs have never made me feel any kind of buzz or euphoria at any dose. Maybe cause of over a decade of methadone. Idk. Just coping and living this different lifestyle. Oh I'm gonna be late for work. Take care you
    Hi there, glad to see you are doing better. I am doing GREAT... I guess i am one of the lucky ones. It's over 90 days since i've taken anything and I have yet to experience any PAWS or cravings... or anything... It's just living life now and doing what i need to do. As far as work, I just got back from a week long trip to Baton Rouge of training/testing and can proudly say that I am a NACE certified coatings inspector(big money working in the industrial plants around my area). I start back work next week since i just got back from baton rouge 2 days ago. I'm so glad that i took these 3 months off of work to get clean and go take this certification. It will do wonders for my career and life. I have to admit that I have been severely slacking on exercise and haven't been eating the best but i think a lot of it has to do with my just being bored of sitting at home. I'm so ready to go back to work... As far as your dosage goes, 3 mg is a great accomplishment and a good stable dose to be on for however long you need to stabilize. I'm really glad to see that you are doing well on the subs. Just take your time and do it however you need to do it.

For me, I guess it seems easier than most stories because I don't have the cravings. Methadone is still all around me, every day... My mom and dad take it for pain. I just don't want it... don't need it... I was just so done and ready to stop that once the physical stuff passed after 3 weeks or so, It wasn't that hard for me. I had more of a physical dependency at this point in my life than anything, although a couple years ago I am sure it would have been a different story. I think a lot of it has to do with your mindset.
    Iluv2smile and duckman like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12