Methadone cold turkey
    jjerome220 is offline New Member

Unhappy Methadone cold turkey

Hello everyone ,my situation is, ive been on 190mgs of methadone for 15 years
    Im not in a situation to taper down i quit cold turkey 9 days ago .
    Could i take a suboxone today and not get worst as for withdrawals.

GoodMojo is offline New Member

Congrats on stopping methadone! I rarely took it (for pain) and never got above 40 mg. It knocked me out badly. I did take subs for about 3 months, but ended up back on oxycodone after an unexpected surgery.

9 days should definitely be enough to avoid precipitated withdrawals. I was on Oxy and waited 36 hours, and had no problems. Some people react badly to the naloxone though, and have to take straight buprenorphine (like Subutex).

I hope things work out well for you!
    Mojo

Got2 is offline New Member

Congrats!!!! That's great!!!! Me...60 mg of methadone for seven years ...cold turkey 10 days ago...will it ever get better! I took a hydro one day ago just for a break which really wasn't too much of a break..I do have will strong will power not to take everyday...did it slow down my detox?if I take one every other day for one week only will it stop my methadone detox!! Any advice

GoodMojo is offline New Member

Hi Go2! You might want to start your own thread on your questions so others can see it easier in the forum.

Personally, I’d say taking hydrocodone to get a brief boost isn’t the best thing to do, but I also don’t think it will affect your methadone detox, other than adding a strong psychological craving, and possibly a new addiction down the road.

I wish you well on your journey though! I totally dig anyone taking steps to wellness.

Regards!
    Mojo