Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes
Methadone to Suboxone after precipitated withdrawal how long?
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thersagirl View Post
    Ok I'm feeling good except a lil shaky and still having anxiety. I was diagnosed with anxiety 20 yrs ago and had undergone treatment in the past but haven't experienced any extreme symptoms in 10 yrs untill the withdrawal process. I'm wandering if the methadone kept it at bay. I guess what I want to ask is do some people suffer with bad anxiety on subs? And what's a good treatment for alleviating the symptoms.

You bet the Methadone affected your anxiety by covering it up. Methadone (opiates) affect all our senses too. You're living in a fog while on that stuff. You just had a rather traumatic experience switching from Methadone to Suboxone. That alone will produce some anxiety which is perfectly normal. Give things some time to settle down. As your body adjusts to the Suboxone you should begin feeling much better. So for now do nothing except drink lots and lots of fluids because the subs can dehydrate you. That alone could make a big difference in how you feel as odd as it may seem.

Randy
    Lvg nghtmare and Thersagirl like this.

Thersagirl is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    You bet the Methadone affected your anxiety by covering it up. Methadone (opiates) affect all our senses too. You're living in a fog while on that stuff. You just had a rather traumatic experience switching from Methadone to Suboxone. That alone will produce some anxiety which is perfectly normal. Give things some time to settle down. As your body adjusts to the Suboxone you should begin feeling much better. So for now do nothing except drink lots and lots of fluids because the subs can dehydrate you. That alone could make a big difference in how you feel as odd as it may seem.

Randy
    Ok Thank u so much. I'll just keep on doin what I'm doin. Thanks so much for advice don't know if I could have done it without u guys!

Judy3755 is offline Member

I have been having the worst anixety since I stopped methadone and started Subutex but I just found out by being on this forum that my doctor is prescribing way to much Subutex so yes I think it gives you anixety
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12