• 2 Post By LaGlo727
  • 1 Post By Ming23
  • 1 Post By Win2
  • 2 Post By Lvg nghtmare
  • 1 Post By Win2
methadone withdrawal day 5 help
    savagedon is offline New Member

Default methadone withdrawal day 5 help

I'm currently on day 5 of methadone withdrawal I was on 10-20 mg a day for 6 months and before that I was on 25mg percs for a year and half. I havent had "horrid" physical withdrawals except for severe RLS and insomnia every night, but its the depression and lack of motivation that I can't handle. I orginally went on pain killers because of a should surgery and never came off. I remember I use to function fine before this whole mess I got into. I'm glad I can go without taking it so far and its very tempting to start just so I can feel some motivation in my life. I decided to quit probably not at a great time. We just had to move because my father became permantly disabled and we are now living in a area I know nothing and no one. My fiancee had to go help take care of her father for a few months so I'm just feeling really alone. I just wish I knew how long I'm going to feel like this before I feel like I use too before this disaster

I'm taking a multi vitamin, l-tyrosine , st johns wort , vitamin b12 with b complex and vitamin C. I just started taking the last 3 yesterday and the first two since i Came off the meds..
    Ming23 and Lvg nghtmare like this.

LaGlo727 is offline Member

Hi there. Glad you decided to quit methadone now before you got any deeper into it. It's an awful drug and most doctors seem to think it's a "quick fix" and don't really offer much guidance along with the script. Anyway... Did you taper or did you just go cold turkey from your dosage? I wish I could tell you how long you will feel WD symptoms. Unfortunately, methadone withdrawal typically lasts longer than other opiates. However, if the insomnia and RLS and lack of motivation are your main issues, you luckily seem to be doing pretty well. I know this isn't answering your question, but I wanted to lend support. I just quit methadone (with a taper) about a month and a half ago. I feel good now, but for me the first few days were the worst. I kept waiting for it to get unbearable but thankfully it never did. I believe as long as you're truly 100% committed to getting off the stuff, you will do great. Mind over matter :-)
    Ming23 and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hang in there!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Win2 is offline New Member

After 14 years. Methadone free, one of the hardest things ever done . 40 mg daily VA administered for chronic pain. Slow taper then the last 10 mg was was maintained for 1 year.Then made decision to come off. 2.5 mg reduction every 4 weeks. The last 2.5 was the worst part. But I Am 5 weeks free of this medicine , I'm a 65 yr old man and this is has been one of the hardest things I've ever done . I feel like >>>>, hurt all over still sneezing and snorting, will I ever feel fain free again?
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Sorry if posted improperly this was my first time on site

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello win2 Congratulations on 5 weeks free of Methadone. It's an awful drug. I am now almost 3 months clean from taking 10-15 1O mg of methadone a day & 10-15 8mg hydromorphone a day for over 30+ years. I quit everything CT and my wd's were torture. I don't think I would recommend CT from methadone was really hard on my body. Being an addict I had no willpower to taper,also 50+ years old my body was physically breaking down from all the abuse I knew if I didn't quit death was inevitable. With all that said it was the best life decision I have ever made.. I'm not going to lie it's a fight for life daily but so rewarding. The physical wds will pass I promise you. You may feel like hell but this will pass you will be free & clean. So stay strong keep reading and posting it helps tremendously we are here for you. You are doing awesome very Proud of you.. One day at a time...
    DravenDomnq and Win2 like this.

Thanks Lvg nightmare for the encouragement, and congratulations on your success . It is truly one of the worst drugs I've ever known. When I began taking methadone ,I did not know of its addicting dangers, this may sound naïve but I had never had any experience with it. And after all Uncle Sam approved...I grew up in the late 60's and 70's and had plenty of opportunity to experiment with feel good options. But this is the worst of the worst. I think it was the HBO special methodiana (I think that is correct) that alerted me to the difficult time ahead , I just kept putting it off. Thanks everyone on this site for the info and ways to become free of methadone
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.