Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By etoille
Missing a suboxone/zubsolv dose
    etoille is offline New Member

Default Missing a suboxone/zubsolv dose

Hey! So I completely spaced and forgot to take my first dose of the day. I normally take a dose at 7am and my second between 6-7pm. Today I was in such a rush and when I remembered I wasn't in a place that I could take it and when I remembered again it was already 2pm. My question is, do I just skip my second dose for the day then? I've been slowly tapering myself (started taking 3/4 my am dose and the whole pm dose) a few days ago which I guess isn't long enough for me to feel any WD problems due to the half life. So I ask ye amazing real life experts, what a gal to do?

Thanks!
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by etoille View Post
    Hey! So I completely spaced and forgot to take my first dose of the day. I normally take a dose at 7am and my second between 6-7pm. Today I was in such a rush and when I remembered I wasn't in a place that I could take it and when I remembered again it was already 2pm. My question is, do I just skip my second dose for the day then? I've been slowly tapering myself (started taking 3/4 my am dose and the whole pm dose) a few days ago which I guess isn't long enough for me to feel any WD problems due to the half life. So I ask ye amazing real life experts, what a gal to do?

Thanks!
    It's always OK to dose once a day regardless of what dose you're at. It's a choice to dose twice (half and half), The important thing is to keep your daily dose consistent until you're ready to make a reduction. Take the total of what your daily dose is today and get back to your regular dosing schedule tomorrow. You'll be fine.

It was good to see your thread pop up today!

Peace,

Cat

etoille is offline New Member

Lol thanks! So I should take the quantity remaining to get total daily amount? I normally would have taken a second dose at 6-7pm and it's almost 9pm now. I was afraid to take it too early. My doctor had said to try to get it as close to 12 hours apart as possible but I noticed an increase in energy if I took it too close to bed so I've been taking it usually at the 11hour mark. I'm such a rebel!

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by etoille View Post
    Lol thanks! So I should take the quantity remaining to get total daily amount? I normally would have taken a second dose at 6-7pm and it's almost 9pm now. I was afraid to take it too early. My doctor had said to try to get it as close to 12 hours apart as possible but I noticed an increase in energy if I took it too close to bed so I've been taking it usually at the 11hour mark. I'm such a rebel!
    That's true. It's always said not to dose too close to bedtime because it does interfere with sleep for a lot of people. I'm doing my best to consider the pros and cons of this. I wish I had seen your post earlier. It's important to try and keep the levels of the sub steady. I think I'd go ahead and take it tonight and get back on your schedule tomorrow. If you skip it, you may need your first dose earlier tomorrow than you usually take it. Either way, it's probably not the end of the world just be sure to get back on your dosing schedule tomorrow.

Good luck!

Peace,

Cat