Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zsds0209
My fiance and I CT off subs
    Zsds0209 is offline New Member

Default My fiance and I CT off subs

Hello my name is Zack and my fiance Dominique and I decided to go cold turkey off suboxone we are actually on day 3. I'd like to start off by saying I was taking roughly 4 to 6 MG a day and she was taking 2-3 MG a day, I have only been taking it for about 14 months I used to use oxy but I managed 3 years clean but for some reason ended back up on subs she has been on oxy and subs for about 5 years but only subs the past year, we mostly feEl just the general symptoms minus diareeha now maybe that's because we are only 72 hours in I'm not sure, so we planned out this trip to myrtle beach a week long in a huge penthouse sweet right on the ocean to make this process as comfortable as possible. We have everything in the Thomas recipe as well, today I got out and went driving around the myrtle beach area but she just has been lying around all day and she has been sleeping the past 3 hours it's 7pm here now. We are just concerned that when we return home our everyday life won't be liveable because the major WD hadn't hit yet. We have alot of responsibility back home waiting for us plus we both work full time kitchen jobs where we stand and run all day and night. Please anyone that could possible give us a estimated timeline that would be awesome

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome Zack,

While I congratulate you for trying to get past this, I also hate to be the bearer of bad news. The half life of subs is very long and the dose you each have been taking seems small, in the sub world it's not. It's actually pretty significant. I have recently seen folks here who have jumped from higher doses of subs than what you're taking now but it takes a lot longer than the short acting opiates (half life 4-6 hrs). It sounds like you might know about subs but the simple chemistry is that because of the long half life (as much as 72 hours) everyday that you dose, you are adding to the amount that is still in your system so it continues to build and build the longer you are taking it. It also takes several days or more to begin to feel the full effects of withdrawal.

The people I have seen jump from these doses and higher had a tough two or three weeks. Sorry. I know you don't want to hear that but I also think you'd prefer I be honest. Is there anyway that you could do a proper taper? The plan used here is called Robert's Sub Taper Plan and it works! You would very slowly reduce the amount your are taking until you are at a tiny dose. Some people below .25 mg/day (1/4mg) while others will reduce as far as .125mg/day. Subs are really that strong. If you read around these Boards you will see that even those few crumbs make a difference.

If you have a physical job, I really would consider tapering instead of jumping. This is your choice. Maybe give it a try and see how you do. The worst that will happen is that you return here and get some good advice on beginning a taper instead of white knuckling a cold turkey.

I hope you keep posting. People here can really help you.

Peace,

Cat

Zsds0209 is offline New Member

Yeah we both tried to taper throughout our addictions and it simply did not work, this is our only real option at this point and so far it could have been worse. Today is the worst day for both of us mostly emotionally, but overall we understand what we are up against and we both just have too much to lose at this point. It's not myself as much as my women whome I am mostly concerned for, I have been through these processes two different occasions once in prison and once in rehab both weren't the comfortable situation I am in now. Having a jacuzzi hot tub in the room is huge as well. Our love is extremely strong and we want to do this for one another and for our lives and futures tovether we will achieve this
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Good for you. I wish you the best and a speedy detox. Love will conquer all!

Peace,

Cat