Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes
My first day of my new life!!!
    10years39days is offline Member

I kept Suboxone a secret from my wife up until Spring of 2009. It was the most difficult conversation I’ve ever had. She was upset, but only because I kept it a secret.

I don’t have the right answer for you. In 2009 I had zero intentions of quitting...

I couldn’t imagine trying to keep WD’s a secret from my wife. That would be stressful. Best of luck.

I will say, today, my wife is proud of me...and I am so thankful for her.

MamaMimi18 is offline Junior Member

Thanks 10. I just don’t want to make my hubby worry. He can’t help me. He can’t understand so no sense stressing him out.

I hear ya. It’s a tough choice...and also a personal choice. I wouldn’t ever fault someone for keeping it a secret.

I’m feeling unusually good right now. I find if I just concentrate on other things I don’t miss those damn pills. I am hoping I can sleep tonight very nervous about that. Two of my sons came over and visited with me for an hour so that really took my mind off things. I ate a good dinner and have been drinking green tea like crazy. I am trying to stay positive. Going to get my blood pressure taken in the morning hope meds for that have helped and it’s only temporary due to withdrawals. I do have one frustrating thing I want to discuss. It seems like pain doctors like prescribing these pills but they don’t care about their patients when they decide to improve their lives by getting off of them. Maybe I’m just sensitive. I hoPe everyone is doing well On their journey. Thanks to all for all the support.

Wavision is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMimi18 View Post
    I’ll help you Wavision. We can help each other. I feel really good right now but I’ll tell ya what In 15 minutes it can change. It’s good to keep busy and not dwell on it. My husband would be supportive but he’s a very busy man and I don’t want to stress him out over something he cannot possibly understand. Seems senseless to worry him. Getting support on this forum is better because people understand on here.
    Sounds good. I have been on subs since I met my fiance and there is just no way I could tell her. I have seen how she reacted when one of her friends boyfriend got caught doing H. I know it's best to just be honest, but this is just something I gotta take to my grave.

We are in the middle of planning a destination wedding and I just feel if I told her she would not take it well.

Hopefully we can both get through this without anyone knowing. As 10 mentioned, it will probably make this a lot more stressful and a lot more lonely, but we can do it.

I too am feeling good.

We will help each other Wav. We also had a destination wedding. I will help you as much as I can. I promise. Tomorrow is a new day and it’s ours. We can do this.

Didn’t get any sleep last night until after 4 am. It was a struggle getting up this am but I managed to gag down all the supplements recommended. When I was driving into town for an appointment I felt so empowered. I while back I would never imagine a day without my pills but now I’m doing it. I feel very inspired by all the folks on this forum who have shared their stories, offered advice and encouraged me. I am already feeling like I’m getting my senses back. I have been listening to music a lot which seems to make me happy. I have spent time with my dogs and I have been eating good clean food. I know I’m not out of the woods by a long shot. Monday I was nervous leaving town tomorrow but now I’m actually looking forward to the distraction. I have a long ways to go but you gotta start somewhere. Everyone says not to look too far ahead into the future but I can’t wait to be able to look back at this experience. Everyone have a blessed day.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMimi18 View Post
    Didn’t get any sleep last night until after 4 am. It was a struggle getting up this am but I managed to gag down all the supplements recommended. When I was driving into town for an appointment I felt so empowered. I while back I would never imagine a day without my pills but now I’m doing it. I feel very inspired by all the folks on this forum who have shared their stories, offered advice and encouraged me. I am already feeling like I’m getting my senses back. I have been listening to music a lot which seems to make me happy. I have spent time with my dogs and I have been eating good clean food. I know I’m not out of the woods by a long shot. Monday I was nervous leaving town tomorrow but now I’m actually looking forward to the distraction. I have a long ways to go but you gotta start somewhere. Everyone says not to look too far ahead into the future but I can’t wait to be able to look back at this experience. Everyone have a blessed day.
    Glad to hear you are looking forward to going out of town. You are going to have a good time.

I will be purchasing all the recommended supplements tomorrow for when I jump. I have created a list over the past few weeks and now it's time to pick them up.

Keep us updated on your trip and how it's going if possible. Have fun.

Get those supplements and choke them down. They help so much. I feel amazing today. First trip without pain pills in 8 years. I am looking forward to it and feeling so good about life right now. All of you can so this.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Officially my day 5. Had a very positive attitude and was looking forward to my trip. Got here and had a great first day. Went to bed and slept six solid hours with NO RLS which was wonderful in itself. Food tastes better, music sounds better. I have a huge sense of accomplishment. I have been taking a ton of supplements and drinking a ton of green tea. I don’t miss the meds. Matter of fact I am so mad I ever took them. My back pain is not bad at all and Advil helps when it does get tense. I haven’t felt sick or weak at all here away from home. My mind is really distracted from the fun I’m having and I think I needed that. I have used lots of essential oils as well. I doubt I’m home free because of the emotional issues ahead but physically I feel the worst is over.

That's great. Sounds like you are doing awesome. Enjoy the rest of your trip and have fun.

You’re doing awesome! So glad to hear you’re feeling so good! You got this!

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Mama, has been a crazy busy last week for me, so haven't been able to check in with you for a while. You might be out of town right now, but wanted to see how you were doing. Hope you're still hanging in there!! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!

paronirick is offline Junior Member

Hi Draven. If you get a chance I would appreciate your feedback on my last post. And Mimi... You are probably winning one of the biggest battles of you life. This is a battle to establish peace to the end will certainly justify the means. It's a tough journey but once you reach your destination its going to be the most Please thing destination of the all: Serenity and Sanity. I'm also in a semi similar situation. I rocked through all the physical withdrawal symptoms and did not quit. However as one person stated (I think her nick name was Cat) the real mental recover war starts after you win the physical battles (at least for some of us). That's where my tires are stuck. Unfortunately I feel like I'm stuck in a mental quick sand. No matter what I do, I'm being pulled down further as time goes on. Maybe I just fuus about it too much. After all we are what we think. But then again we have pretty much abused our brain chemicals so at this point we are what we assume we are. I won't give up though. If I did this, then only I can undue it. I wish you the best. Soldier on and keep you mind as sharp as a razor. We all need all the help we can gather

Thanks so much. Gonna post an update here in a bit.

You are gonna best the mental stuff Paron. I know you can!!!! Keep positive and keep reading and posting on here. All the supplements I believe have really helped me. Try it. Keep strong you can do this!!!!

Today is my day 9. I want to thank everyone who has cared enough to check on me and post so many inspiring stories and encouraging words. I feel amazing on day 9. I haven’t missed the Oxy one bit. I was really afraid the actual habit of taking the pill at certain times would be hard to break but it was not. I do not feel shaky anymore, my rls is gone, I never craved the oxy once quitting, my heart rate and Bp are good, no tummy troubles or diarrhea. The only thing I have struggled with is sleep. I go to bed at 11 and wake up at three the last ffive nights then fight to catch a few more

Congrats on day 9 mama. Sounds like you have made it through the worst of it and that's awesome to hear. Keep it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12