Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree124Likes
My story
    Fran421 is offline Member

Congratulations that's wonderful. 9 days is nothing to laugh at its a big accomplishment. Your doing it girl. Keep up the good fight.
    Take care,
    Fran

Longgone2008 is offline Member

Day 10. This is usually the relapse time. Not going to do it. I do have to admit it's hard.

So very hard.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

OKC-26 is offline Member

Day 10 is awesome! Congratulations!

I know how tough the cravings get just as soon as you start to feel better.. don’t sit around and let those thoughts of pills turn into ideas. Get up and find something distracting. Hot showers helped relax and settle down when my mind was all over the place. Once you get busy they go away pretty quickly. There were many times I’d get in my car and just drive with the windows down. It helped me relax and not sit looking at the ceiling thinking about pills or if this was worth it. IT IS WORTH IT! You’ve come a long ways and you’re going to continue keep on going. The cravings do start slowly get less often over time. This is going to get better just give it a chance too. You’ve got this!

Yeah it's been hard. The doc has given me benzos for my anxiety but I need to be careful with them. I have noticed an increase the past few days and I dont want that habbit.

It's funny because I feel relatively good. Except I dont know what to do with myself. I have no hobbies I have alienated my friends, I have pretty low energy. I guess I've been living with pills for so long I just dont know how to live without them. I know I will figure it out, it's just a very lonely feeling.

My last day at my job is Thursday and I dont start my new job until the 27th. I will be traveling most of July so that will be a good distraction. I just wanted a few weeks to heal and spend time with my girls before starting a new job.

OKC-26 is offline Member

I totally understand. Im not very far in front of you so I know exactly what you mean. After you get over all the bad physical symptoms and start to feel better you’re like now what do I do? The first week or so feeling sick took up my time and brain but when that was over I just felt like I was just going through the motions of life for the next few weeks. I had trouble finding things that interested me and I didn’t seem to get excited for anything. Steak for dinner, cool. Ramen noodles, cool. It didn’t matter to me either way. Those feeling seemed to stick with me for a while. But they did finally go away! One day I woke up and told myself that I wasn’t going to keep doing what I had been. I’m not going to wake up each morning and just get through the day but I’m going to do everything I could to make it a good day. I’m going to start doing small things that were good. I brought my neighbors trash can in from the curb. Smiled at the older lady when we passed by in Walmart. Drop by my grandparents house on Sunday to have lunch with them for no reason. This is my life and I’ve come along way to just go through the motions of it. And after I started making those efforts things changed for the better pretty quickly. Now I’m not sure if it happened because of those small things I was doing or because my brain had just finally started returning to normal. It doesn’t matter to me. I’m happy with how my life is now and that’s all that’s important.

“Nothing changes if nothing changes”
    Beefaroni7272 and ForMe30 like this.

That's a really good piece of advice. I just go through the motions just to go through them. I should start to find and do things to "get out". Maybe I'll bring my girls out for something fun on Friday just because or go visit my family. My life is so mundane right now and I cant stand it.

ForMe30 is offline Member

What everyone is telling you is 100% what you need to do. Do something..anything really.
    Going out with your daughters is a great idea. Before, I couldn’t and really didn’t want to do anything...shopping, cleaning, dinner, work, laundry, and embarrassingly enough not play with my kid without pills.
    Now I do it all lol
    Of course sometimes I will crave that feeling pills use to give me to get tasks done, but we all know what that leads to. I’ve tried to quit sooo many times and each time I learn something.

This time I learned that I constantly have to be doing something and no matter what injures I have, it’s no opioids. When I have down time, I watch movies or tv shows (binge watch really...it’s my new addiction). I think what always had me go back to using (before my injuries) was sheer boredom. But now, I know better and have tools to help me.

Are you taking any supplements and vitamins? Beef put me on to something called DLPA. I used it I thin around the 3rd week (wish I would’ve known about it before that) and continued for 3-4 weeks. I took a break from it and now take it when I feel very sluggish and blah.

You are doing great. Just keep taking it a day at a time. Keep yourself occupied until your kids go to bed. Then take time for yourself ❤️
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345