Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 114
Like Tree131Likes
MY STORY... and it’s still going,
  1. #1
    eazzye is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    72

    Default MY STORY... and it’s still going,

    hi everyone,

    i’m new to this website, but i saw so many supportive people helping one another i had to join.

    i’m 26, and have abused opiates since i first found a bottle of percocets in our medicine cabinet (around 14), they literally made me feel like i was on the moon. no troubles, no problems, i could just forget about everything and relax.
    as the years went by, i guess you could say i “graduated” into harder opiates - morphine, roxys, stuff of that nature. (only used them nasally) which i guess is why i never moved on to the main attraction most people get addicted to.

    at my worst point, i was using about 4-5 r’s a day, and one day decided that enough is enough, told my parents, and came off of them cold turkey. (around age 23)
    yes the night sweats were horrible, the nausea was bad, but it all passed in about a week and i THOUGHT i had my life back.

    now mind you, i am prescribed adderall for my adhd and klonopin for my anxiety which may have helped in some way... but now on to the real issue..

    i found suboxone.

    i don’t exactly remember how and i don’t even remember why i decided to take it, i’m pretty sure someone told me “it’s not a pain medicine, so you won’t get addicted” or something along those lines.. well a year and a half later and i was addicted. i could not function without it, and i hold a very well paying job.

    well two days ago, i decided enough is enough and i won’t be ruled by this disgusting tasting medication any longer, and flushed the last pieces i had, (i had tapered myself down to about a .5 a day) and i took the jump.

    it’s now day 3, and the night sweats have started, as well as a few other stomach issues (i’m sure y’all know), and i’m having intense cravings to go back to it but i refuse to, i will not let that little orange strip rule my life any longer.

    thank god i have my other medications (klonopin and adderall) or i fear i would lose my job because apparently this is just the beginning of the withdrawals. i go back to work tomorrow and thankfully the shifts aren’t too long this week.

    i’m also taking a natural supplement called “detoxify” to help speed up this process. so far, so good.

    i know this drug is life saving for some people and i’m not knocking it, but i didn’t need it and took it anyway.

    how long does this last? will i be able to work? i’m scared i’m going to lose my job that i worked so hard for. help, please!

    i can use all the advice i can get.

    thanks - e.
    Sharon541979 likes this.

  2. #2
    RightTurn33 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Tomorrow's day 4. You should start feeling better. Regardless, you will get through work - you are strong, have successfully been through this before, and the job is crucial for you. Even if you are not having a great day, you will be at work with a job to do, and that will act as all the distraction you need. After tomorrow it's day 5 and you will do even better. Make it through each minute, then hour, then day. You are at day 3, that's phenomenal, congrats.
    eazzye and Sharon541979 like this.

  3. #3
    eazzye is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    72

    Default

    thank you so much, encouraging words are so helpful in a time like this.
    Sharon541979 likes this.

  4. #4
    10years39days is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    NW Oregon
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Suboxone - It’s a tough drug to kick, but it sounds like you’re sincerely wanting to stop. That attitude, I feel, is necessary in order to succeed. I’m currently on Day 7 of my Suboxone jump (from .13mg), and for me the first few days were the worst part (thus far).

    I hope you have similar results. For comfort, make sure to get the Liquid Imodium and do not stop drinking water, Gatorade, etc. If you’re able to talk with your doctor, try to get some Ondansetron. It really helps (for me)...I have no idea why but it does. Stanford University did a study, you can Google it.

    4 days ago...I was in your shoes and I couldn’t imagine how I would make it to day 7. Now I’m at day 7 and I can TOTALLY visualize a sober future. It’s very uncomfortable, but the light is visible.

    You’re going to get a lot of good advice. Read Beef and Randy’s forum threads. A wealth of info.

  5. #5
    eazzye is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 10years39days View Post
    Suboxone - It’s a tough drug to kick, but it sounds like you’re sincerely wanting to stop. That attitude, I feel, is necessary in order to succeed. I’m currently on Day 7 of my Suboxone jump (from .13mg), and for me the first few days were the worst part (thus far).

    I hope you have similar results. For comfort, make sure to get the Liquid Imodium and do not stop drinking water, Gatorade, etc. If you’re able to talk with your doctor, try to get some Ondansetron. It really helps (for me)...I have no idea why but it does. Stanford University did a study, you can Google it.

    4 days ago...I was in your shoes and I couldn’t imagine how I would make it to day 7. Now I’m at day 7 and I can TOTALLY visualize a sober future. It’s very uncomfortable, but the light is visible.

    You’re going to get a lot of good advice. Read Beef and Randy’s forum threads. A wealth of info.

    i’ve never wanted to stop something more in my life.
    i honestly don’t think that i’d make it without my klonopin and adderall prescriptions, because until i took my adderall
    this morning, i could barely move.. now i’m up, i got some cleaning done and i was able to eat some saltine crackers.

    my main issue right now is my body temperature won’t stop fluctuating. i haven’t had any nausea (knock on wood) but am
    not sure if i have gotten to that stage yet or not.
    10years39days likes this.

  6. #6
    eazzye is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    72

    Default

    also i didn’t mean to double post, wasn’t sure where i should post what i’m going through. sorry for the confusion.

  7. #7
    eazzye is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    72

    Default

    WAS JUST OFFERED A SUB AND I SAID NO, oh what an amazing feeling it was, as bad as i am feeling to say no to that orange devil.

    i can do this.
    10years39days likes this.

  8. #8
    10years39days is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    NW Oregon
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eazzye View Post
    i’ve never wanted to stop something more in my life.
    i honestly don’t think that i’d make it without my klonopin and adderall prescriptions, because until i took my adderall
    this morning, i could barely move.. now i’m up, i got some cleaning done and i was able to eat some saltine crackers.

    my main issue right now is my body temperature won’t stop fluctuating. i haven’t had any nausea (knock on wood) but am
    not sure if i have gotten to that stage yet or not.
    Your body temperature will feel like that, but I can assure you it’s normal. This is unrelated and assuambly not very helpful, but when I was taking Suboxone my body temperature would alway be about a degree lower than normal. I never made a connection before, as I was on it for 10 years. A few days after stopping Suboxone, my temp bounced right back to 98.6. I can’t remember a time when my thermometer gave a 98.6 reading, until now. So weird.

    Okay so the thing that’s helped me the most with the chills/hot flashes is taking the Ondansetron. It’s not addictive, and they normally prescribe it for nausea. But for some weird reason it helps *some* people with withdrawal symptoms.

  9. #9
    zebra1961 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Eazzye, Welcome glad your here! You found the right place for advice from vets of these battles. Sounds like you are finally fed up with this >>>> and that's good!! I jumped at 6-8 mgs 1yr 7months ago, this is the real life not the life on drugs. The Thomas recipe is really helpful, Hot showers and baths worked great when physical wds were intense. exercise, work really helped me with mental wds ( I have a very physically demanding job ) It will take awhile for sleep, chills other wds to subside, I can,t tell you how long because we are all different. The first week seems to be the worst and then things start slowly improving. Don't fight your sleep just sleep whenever your body lets you ( I know you can't do that at work ) Be careful using benzos I think klonopin is one not sure though they are more addictive than the subs!! You can do this I am a weenie to wds and I made it so anyone can. keep you minds eye on what is coming THE REAL YOU!!! You will like that guy I Promise. Stay tough you got this. Work will help to pass time so do it as long as you feel like you can!! It takes time so don't get in a hurry it will pass!! We did not get this way in a in short time so give it time. Yes you will be fine.

  10. #10
    10years39days is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    NW Oregon
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Hey Eazzye - how are you doing today? Keep hanging in there!

  11. #11
    eazzye is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    72

    Default

    day 4 - got about 2-3 hours of sleep last night (thank god), but woke up drenched in sweat with the chills multiple times, also suffering from an upset stomach so i think imodium will be my friend today. took half of my prescribed dose of adderall for a bit of energy (seems to be working) and am also continuing to take my natural “detoxify” supplements although i cannot attest to if those are working or not. i have work at 3:30 today and i am determined to make it through. will most likely get a smoothie for lunch with added multi-vitamins and protein to make sure i am getting enough of both of those things. ANY and ALL advice and kind words are appreciated.

    -e
    10years39days likes this.

  12. #12
    10years39days is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    NW Oregon
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eazzye View Post
    day 4 - got about 2-3 hours of sleep last night (thank god), but woke up drenched in sweat with the chills multiple times, also suffering from an upset stomach so i think imodium will be my friend today. took half of my prescribed dose of adderall for a bit of energy (seems to be working) and am also continuing to take my natural “detoxify” supplements although i cannot attest to if those are working or not. i have work at 3:30 today and i am determined to make it through. will most likely get a smoothie for lunch with added multi-vitamins and protein to make sure i am getting enough of both of those things. ANY and ALL advice and kind words are appreciated.

    -e
    Glad to hear you're up and moving around! Remember to chug that Gatorade and water! I'm curious about your Adderall...you mentioned that you took half of your prescribed dose. Is there a reason for that? Are you trying to cut that down/out too?

  13. #13
    eazzye is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 10years39days View Post
    Glad to hear you're up and moving around! Remember to chug that Gatorade and water! I'm curious about your Adderall...you mentioned that you took half of your prescribed dose. Is there a reason for that? Are you trying to cut that down/out too?
    since ive started withdrawing, i haven’t been taking it, so taking half my prescribed dose will give me the same effect as taking a whole one. unfortunately my doctor doesn’t seem to be one that cares what you’re going through and just writes you prescriptions to satisfy your needs. i’m prescribed to adderall (for adhd), klonopin for anxiety, and fioricet for headaches. i feel like a dang pharmacy at times, but i have chronic sinustis and fioricet is the only thing that will help with my migraines/sinus headaches.

  14. #14
    10years39days is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    NW Oregon
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Gotcha - I would think your normal dose would help more. But you know your body best. :-) Do you smoke or vape?

  15. #15
    eazzye is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 10years39days View Post
    Gotcha - I would think your normal dose would help more. But you know your body best. :-) Do you smoke or vape?
    nope, i don’t smoke, vape or drink. my vice was pills that slowly turned into suboxone, and here we are today.

  16. #16
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Congrats on your start! Everything you described is pretty normal for opiate withdrawals. If it gets really rough there are meds like Clonidine that might help. If you can get to a doctor and explain what you’re doing you might find some assistance. I found some relief with gabapentin and pregabalin. Imodium was my ally, for sure! I didn’t sleep much, but found Benadryl a big help. Vistaril too. Whatever happens, stick to it. I paced and paced, unable to find comfort up and about or laying down, that went on for days, but it did pass! Hot showers helped a good bit. People that had been where I was was gave me a lot of courage to keep trying. You got this! Keep posting.

  17. #17
    Sara221 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    9

    Default

    you're still taking a lot of medications...it doesn't matter if Rx'd or not, adderal is a horrible drug, why are you taking that? Klonipin is a benzo, also horrible drug...why do you need that.

  18. #18
    eazzye is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sara221 View Post
    you're still taking a lot of medications...it doesn't matter if Rx'd or not, adderal is a horrible drug, why are you taking that? Klonipin is a benzo, also horrible drug...why do you need that.
    i take klonopin because i have severe panic disorder and i work around people all day. and my adderall was prescribed by an adhd specialist, i have adhd? obviously.
    Leah987 likes this.

  19. #19
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,912

    Default

    Hey eazzye. Pay no mind to it. You're doing great!! Keep doing what you're doing! I've been following you for the past two days but I've been a little under the weather and haven't posted. For that I'm sorry. Stay the course!! It only gets better. We're here for you!! You got this! Keep posting!! It helps.

    Keep doing the next right thing!!
    Beef
    eazzye likes this.

  20. #20
    10years39days is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    NW Oregon
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sara221 View Post
    you're still taking a lot of medications...it doesn't matter if Rx'd or not, adderal is a horrible drug, why are you taking that? Klonipin is a benzo, also horrible drug...why do you need that.
    I think I would feel hesitant to use this forum if everyone responded the way you did. Food for thought.

  21. #21
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,476

    Default

    Hello eazzye, as far as the Klonopin, Adderall I am not a medical doctor but if you feel you primary care physician is just handing you pills you might find one that will better support you through this. As for the fioricet probably not a good idea it's also addictve if you want to be off all the garbage you have to get honest with yourself. Talk with adhd doctor let him know what your going through if he's a good doctor he will guide you through your journey. Keep posting we are all here to support you..

  22. #22
    eazzye is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    72

    Default

    i made it through work on day 4, my chest hurt terribly and i had the chills but i did it. i’m sincerely hoping that things will start to look up soon.

    i’ve literally had the worst month in a very long time..

    first - on the 4th, my klonopin was stolen (someone picked it up under my name), i filed a police report but it took my doctor two weeks to write an emergency prescription. i was most definitely going through benzo withdrawals.

    second - $120 was stolen out of my account, an atm skimmer was placed in an atm at my bank and of course i was one of the ones who was affected.

    third - i got the flu, the actual flu. (i think that may have been a good time to quit subs looking back on it)

    and fourth - my father had a knee replacement today and is severely worried about blood clots, which in turn is giving me ridiculous anxiety.

    now i’m detoxing/withdrawing from suboxone, which is making everything 10x worse. i’m an emotional wreck. i can’t tell my job what’s going on with the withdrawals because i’ll be labeled an addict.

    just wanted to let you guys know that i currently have a lot on my shoulders at the moment and this month has not been kind to me.

    and even through all those things, i will persevere. the thought of my life on suboxone makes me sick to my stomach. i was an empty shell of myself. sensations are slowly coming back, as are vivid scents and tastes.

    today i was able to drink a smoothie with multi-vitamins and protein added to it because i was told that helps.
    i’m now home, and the chills and crawly feelings are coming back, i hope they won’t be as strong as last night.
    i woke up 4-5x drenched in sweat, shaking.

    if i could just get past that part, i would be fine. i have had no nausea and imodium has kept my stomach relatively mellow.
    i just can’t shake (lol punny) these chills, no matter what i turn my heat on.

    the main thing is i made it through work today, and i hope i can do the same tomorrow.
    every day gets a little better, right?

    thanks,
    -e

  23. #23
    10years39days is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    NW Oregon
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eazzye View Post
    i’ve never wanted to stop something more in my life.
    i honestly don’t think that i’d make it without my klonopin and adderall prescriptions, because until i took my adderall
    this morning, i could barely move.. now i’m up, i got some cleaning done and i was able to eat some saltine crackers.

    my main issue right now is my body temperature won’t stop fluctuating. i haven’t had any nausea (knock on wood) but am
    not sure if i have gotten to that stage yet or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara221 View Post
    you're still taking a lot of medications...it doesn't matter if Rx'd or not, adderal is a horrible drug, why are you taking that? Klonipin is a benzo, also horrible drug...why do you need that.
    Keep that sense of humor, Eazzye. You are doing a great thing...and maybe one of the hardest things. Keep it up man, this will all be in the past before you know it.

  24. #24
    10years39days is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    NW Oregon
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Not sure why it tagged those posts. By sense of humor, I meant that pun you quipped earlier.

  25. #25
    eazzye is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    72

    Default

    i’m definitely trying -
    and as for my prescription medications, i truly have panic disorder... i tried therapy for years, ssri’s, everything.. klonopin was my last resort and it saved my life.
    i can actually go in public and work with people and feel accepted.

    as for my adderall, i was diagnosed by an adhd specialist when i was 14 and boy do i have adhd. i also tried therapy for that, and medication was my last resort.

    so to the person who told me i’m on “horrible drugs”, they’ve actually allowed me to live a normal life.
    Beefaroni7272 and Leah987 like this.

  26. #26
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,912

    Default

    As far as Sara221 goes. Just don't pay attention to the negative. She popped up about 2 months ago and berated several members for what they were taking on their journey to being clean. And then she was gone. So don't let that derail you. Sometimes that happens here. It's sad but it is what it is. Just keep doing what you're doing. You made the decision to help yourself. Don't let her make you feel bad in any way about trying to better yourself.

    Proud of you
    Beef
    eazzye and Autumnhopes like this.

  27. #27
    eazzye is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    As far as Sara221 goes. Just don't pay attention to the negative. She popped up about 2 months ago and berated several members for what they were taking on their journey to being clean. And then she was gone. So don't let that derail you. Sometimes that happens here. It's sad but it is what it is. Just keep doing what you're doing. You made the decision to help yourself. Don't let her make you feel bad in any way about trying to better yourself.

    Proud of you
    Beef

    will do!
    oddly, i don’t have chills right now. (knock on wood) not sure if work exhausted me to the point of just not caring or what. i just don’t want to wake up soaked with sweat, (like the last 3 nights) that’s possibly one of the worst things about this besides the pounding heartbeat and fatigue.

    thankfully i haven’t had any nausea (knock on wood again). my spirits are high after making it through work tonight.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

  28. #28
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,912

    Default

    It's all normal I promise. I think I only had night sweats once during my detox. Although for me it was chills nonstop, no sleep, rls, depression, extreme fatigue, anxiety, and of course the stomach issues. Everyone has different symptoms and we just gotta deal with them as they come. Take it slow and know that it's a long process. (Unfortunately) sorry!! One day at a time. Just survive somehow. Keep a positive mindset!!! It helps. Don't harp on how bad you're feeling because it will only become worse in your mind. Stay hydrated!!!! Stay active!!!!!! You got this!!!

    Keep doing the next right thing!!!
    Beef
    eazzye likes this.

  29. #29
    eazzye is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    It's all normal I promise. I think I only had night sweats once during my detox. Although for me it was chills nonstop, no sleep, rls, depression, extreme fatigue, anxiety, and of course the stomach issues. Everyone has different symptoms and we just gotta deal with them as they come. Take it slow and know that it's a long process. (Unfortunately) sorry!! One day at a time. Just survive somehow. Keep a positive mindset!!! It helps. Don't harp on how bad you're feeling because it will only become worse in your mind. Stay hydrated!!!! Stay active!!!!!! You got this!!!

    Keep doing the next right thing!!!
    Beef
    you’re seriously so insipiring.. before i joined this forum, i never thought i could do this, now i’m DETERMINED.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

  30. #30
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,476

    Default

    Morning eazzye, Beef is giving you awesome advice and support. Everything you are feeling and going through is all normal part of the process. Like a bad flu "this too shall pass" as far as other prescription medications you are on some people need to take medication daily as directed. What all are you taking now? I'm asking because if you are taking other narcotics it can be keeping in the highs and lows of withdrawals. I am in no way advising to stop any of your medications I am not a doctor. Want to know so we can better Support you. Keep up the good work your doing amazing.
    eazzye likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My story
    By Sodone80 in forum Prescription Drug Addiction
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 01-08-2018, 12:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22