In need of advice on Diazepam
    davidclay123 is offline New Member

Default In need of advice on Diazepam

Hello everyone,
    I've known Diazepam for a while, it's a kind of tranquilizer. Diazepam did help me sleep, I dream less and less, no more headaches.
    But recently, I have experienced some minor memory loss. Sometimes I forget what to say, forget where i left my wallet, even forgot whether I had dinner. Diazepam might have caused that? Should I go see a doctor?

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by davidclay123 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I've known Diazepam for a while, it's a kind of tranquilizer. Diazepam did help me sleep, I dream less and less, no more headaches.
    But recently, I have experienced some minor memory loss. Sometimes I forget what to say, forget where i left my wallet, even forgot whether I had dinner. Diazepam might have caused that? Should I go see a doctor?
    Diazepam is generic for Valium which is a long acting benzodiazepine.

Not only are benzos extremely addictive they can also cause both short-term and long-term side effects including memory loss!

Benzos are dangerous to quit cold turkey, they need to be tapered down/off very slowly!

Why did you start taking the Diazepam? How long have you been taking it and how much (dosage/milligrams)? Update when you can? Take care... God bless us all!