Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tiredandanxious15
  • 2 Post By Randy35
Need advice on methadone 70mg taper please!!!
    Ondoneznow120 is offline New Member

Post Need advice on methadone 70mg taper please!!!

Hi I am new here and posted once before a few years back. I was on 120mg then. Anyways I am on day 2 no methadone. Except I had 2 10mg left holding on to take piece at night to help sleep. Quick rundown. I used to be on fent 50mg patch 12 norcos 6 10 mg perc and 30mg oxy everyday plus klonopin. So I moved outbox state and no Dr would prescribe by that time I was off fent patch norcos and only taking oxy and percs of course I always take more back then. So I had no choice but to go to a methadone clinic. Big mistake. They only cared about money. But as we no the wds are so bad we do what we have to so I thought at the time I was making right choice. Within 1 year they had me up to 175mg day and said i could go up more... I was not me anymore. So fast fwd I moved back to ca and my old Dr would prescribe me the pill form and been cutting down. I am currently on 70mg a day give or take some days. Pharmacy told me I could get my script 2 days ago then said not till thurs or fri. Ugh. In morning I take highest dose prob why last 2 morn I felt ok but as day goes on it kick's in and im a crying emotional wreak. If I can pick up tomorrow thurs then I should make it. But if I have to wait till Friday at noon. I am worried. I have to drive 45 min to pharmacy I live in rural area. Any advice and any advice on getting off obis merrygoround in hell? I want my life back. IM tired... I been doing this for 6-7 years. Started from medical issues surgeries chronic pain that this one norco got me to this point is baffling. Plus Dr says I am still on a very high dose... Is there a light at the end? Thank you for reading and I am on a taper. I want off. As of now he drops me 5mg every 4-8 weeks. When should the taper slow down? God bless you all!

Tiredandanxious15 is offline Junior Member

There most definitely is light at the end of the tunnel! You can get there if you're committed and in the right mindset. Take it one day at a time and soon enough you'll be laughing about ever feeling like you needed them. With your habit you do have your work cut out for you but that'll just make you stronger than you've ever been! Be proud of what you're feeling now, felt, and will feel. Get some Imodium and vitamins. Take lots of hot showers or baths and get some exercise as soon as you can even if just a little. I think you'll be surprised of all the benefits whether suttle or not that you start noticing as you get further and further from that day one.

-T&A
    Ondoneznow120 likes this.

I still need advice on methadone wd. I have immodium liquid I have klonopin weed clonodine and prob about 1 broken up 10mg methadone pill broken in 4th. I need to no why I am already wd? MON I had 50mg then yesterday nothing and today nothing I get my meds tomorrow or fri. Other than what was mentioned to do anything else please?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ondoneznow120 View Post
    I still need advice on methadone wd. I have immodium liquid I have klonopin weed clonodine and prob about 1 broken up 10mg methadone pill broken in 4th. I need to no why I am already wd? MON I had 50mg then yesterday nothing and today nothing I get my meds tomorrow or fri. Other than what was mentioned to do anything else please?

Hey there, sorry you're in this situation. Been there myself so I know how it is. I can give you a couple suggestions then tell you what I did to get clean and away from the madness that is controlling your life.

You can taper off the methadone, but it is. a long and very slow process. You'll have to taper all the way down to basically zero by reducing your dose by 3% - 5% every week or so to avoid wd's. Yes that will take some time but that's the best way to do it. Dropping 5mg every 4-8 weeks as you mentioned is ok.

Or you can do what I did and switch to Suboxone, then taper off that. Methadone nearly destroyed me. My life was in shambles on that stuff and I either had to get off or die. So after months of research I made the decision to go on Suboxone. And for me it was the best decision I ever made. It's much easier to taper the subs than it is the methadone. Ideally it's best to get the methadone dose to around 30mgs per day, but it isn't absolutely necessary. You can techically switch at any dose, but the lower the better.

If you do decide Suboxone may be right for you then I implore you to use it correctly. And the way to use it correctly is by following the plan from this link below....

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Thousands here have used this plan successfully. I did too. The plan takes about 6-8 weeks. Time well spent in my opinion. I spent nearly 18 years abusing drugs and Suboxone got me away from that. I tapered the subs after some time on it and now have over 3 years clean. So you can certainly do it too!

Think about it carefully as Suboxone isn't right for everyone. Do some research, but be careful when reading the horror stories about it as thay are almost always for the same reasons....people using it incorrectly because of their doctor or not knowing anything about it. Sub is just a tool, nothing more. It isn't a magic cure all.

And remember that getting clean is only half the battle. Remaining clean takes a lot of work too, every single day. Face to face support such as NA or AA really makes a difference and will help keep you clean long term. It certainly does for me.

Make a plan and stick with it. Either tapper off the methadone or switch to subs. Help and support is here for you no matter what you choose. Keep posting and others will chime in I'm sure. I will help you all that I can. Good luck.

Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-13-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    Ondoneznow120 and Catrina like this.

Ty for Randy25 your input. I woke up this morning and wds are slowly getting worse. Once I do get my medication oh I pray its today cause I no its going to be a long day and night if not... I just don't get this med? I dont understand the half life or why since I been on for so long why I am in wds so bad... IM female 5'7 155. So one more question please.... I need to be on a methadone wd support group. I no it was my own fault the pharmacist told my I could pick up this past MON but since they been cracking down on the Opiod fills my INS wouldn't cover and pharmacist don't want u today cash only go through INS so I had to buy Medicare part d to cover them. Now I am paying 2 deductibles. When this med is so cheap.... I am sorry my mind isn't right. I yelled at my kids like a crazy person twice yesterday and then cried for hours.... I read the other story of wife helping her husband and he was sick on floor in bathroom 3 weeks. I am not that strong especially with my legitimate pain issues. Ty for any help advice

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ondoneznow120 View Post
    Ty for Randy25 your input. I woke up this morning and wds are slowly getting worse. Once I do get my medication oh I pray its today cause I no its going to be a long day and night if not... I just don't get this med? I dont understand the half life or why since I been on for so long why I am in wds so bad... IM female 5'7 155. So one more question please.... I need to be on a methadone wd support group. I no it was my own fault the pharmacist told my I could pick up this past MON but since they been cracking down on the Opiod fills my INS wouldn't cover and pharmacist don't want u today cash only go through INS so I had to buy Medicare part d to cover them. Now I am paying 2 deductibles. When this med is so cheap.... I am sorry my mind isn't right. I yelled at my kids like a crazy person twice yesterday and then cried for hours.... I read the other story of wife helping her husband and he was sick on floor in bathroom 3 weeks. I am not that strong especially with my legitimate pain issues. Ty for any help advice

Hello -

Just wondering if you were able to get that lovely methadone from the pharmacy? I cringe when I hear that word. Hated that stuff with a passion and still do. Never so happy to be off it. It makes a monster out of you. Getting off methadone is one of the most difficult things you can do. I hope that's your ultimate goal? And I hope you go at it with every ounce of energy and willpower you can muster up.

I hope you continue with the taper. You'll be so happy to be off it.

Randy

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

I agree with Randy methadone is a whole different beast. I to cringe at the word... getting off methadone you have to have an iron will..read up on Roberts sub taper plan many here have had great success with out the awful withdrawals...best wishes in whatever way you choose to go. We are all here to support you...