Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sunshine1109
  • 1 Post By sunshine1109
Need help on how to taper so scared
    sunshine1109 is offline New Member

Default Need help on how to taper so scared

I've been battling several things for the last several years fibromyalgia postherpetic neuralgia from shingles I've gone through so much and then I was diagnosed with breast cancer got on Oxycodone 10 milligrams 1 every 4 to 6 hours for the last 3 years I posted here before but I got 2 people that responded to me and when I wrote back I never got any more responses back from them I don't want to be on these pills make me feel terrible I did go to my pain doctor but because of the pain that I'm in the amount of pain I'm in he doesn't feel that I will be able to handle it without anything right now so we added 30 milligrams of extended release morphine and take the oxycodone for breakthrough pain so I started taking the morphine and I barely have to take oxycodone I may take one a day if that I just want to know how hard it is going to be to get off the morphone I was trying to taper off the oxycodone and I was having a hard time I would drop down to 7.5 and after an hour I was already going through withdrawals so if I get the oxycodone out of my system since I'm taking the morphine and don't require oxycodone is it going to be real hard to get off this something that I do not want to be on but the amount of pain I'm in is terrible I've had four surgeries chemo 35 rounds of radiation in the last year gor cancer treatment and I'm just hoping once the pain starts easing I want to start getting off this I just dont know how hard this is going to be and what's the best way to taper from the extended release I'm just scared I don't want to go through severe withdrawals and I don't plan on staying on this more thing for too long
    DravenDomnq likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey sunshine, welcome to the forums! I've dealt with fibro and oxy for years, so can relate to a lot of what you're saying. I wouldn't recommend the taper plan I did to anybody, so hopefully some more experienced members will be along to help with that (busy time of the year). One thing that did really help me was to start incorporating some aspects of the Thomas Recipe Thread (link included) into my taper withdrawals. Helped them go by more easily, and eventually gave me the courage to make the jump. However you decide to do this you're in the right place, with good people to help you along your journey!!

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

sunshine1109 is offline New Member

So I guess when I'm ready I'll get everything I need.... I have to get through this last yr of chemo out of my system it really tore me up mentally and physically. I'm super worried about getting off the extended release morphine that's why I don't want to stay on it for too long I'm hoping that there has been somebody that's been on that and has tapered from it with success and just can give me an idea of how to do it the doctor is supposed to help me with it when I'm ready to get off it I didn't speak to him but I spoke to his nurse I'm very close to her I really think that she's going to help me but I like to get some input from real people people that have actually gone through it. Thanks for responding to my post I really appreciate it before they put me on the extended release morphine or oxycodone was not working for me as I said and instead of it lasting 4 to 6 hours I would take one it would last an hour and then what I was going through was withdrawals I can't live like that it was horrible.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

My only experience with morphine was while in various hospitals for various surgeries. Was always on such a high dose of oxy that never needed it when I got out of the hospital. Some of the tapers I did on the oxy were extremely rough on me because of the dose they were cutting me down to, and wasn't until I started doing much slower tapers, and slowly incorporating aspects of that Thomas Recipe thread into my taper withdrawals that I started to notice a difference. What I found worked best for me. Make sure to do all of this at YOUR pace also, found many times I was pushing myself too hard, and that just caused more problems. Keep on posting, and letting us know how you're doing! Hope you have a GREAT day!!