Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Iluv2smile
Need help!!!! Opiates ruining my life, ready to quit for good!!!
    Mickfoley is offline New Member

Default Need help!!!! Opiates ruining my life, ready to quit for good!!!

Hello I have a horrible opiate addiction of snorting "fake" oxycodone sometimes as many as 5 "80mg" pills a day. I have a decent amount of supplies to quit but I want to make the most of them to get off these pills I am very motivated and sure that I have what it takes to quit I will list what I have and take any advice on how to use them most efficiently to make this as painless as possible I am begging for your advice :
    -10 clonidine .1mg
    -4x. 2mg Xanax
    –1 x 8mg subconscious
    -4x Nucyntra 50 mg extended release
    -20x 7.5 mg zopliclone
    -7 x 25 mg seroquel
    -unlimited 2mg loperamide
    -unlimited Zantac 75
    -unlimited vitamin b6
    -unlimited L-tyrosine
    -unlimited multivitamin

Please help me use this stuff to get clean I can't seem to do it! Please help me!!!!!

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Hey, Mick.....

This recipe has been used by hundreds........good luck!

The Thomas Recipe - For Opiate Withdrawal

I found this reading the board, but decided to post it again for those who haven't found it and for all us "newbies". Peace and good luck to all of those here stuggling with addicition.

"PLEASE NOTE: I am not a doctor, simply a long-time Rx opiate junkie who has had many opportunities to develop a way to detox. This is a recipe for at-home self-detox from opiates based on my experience as well as that of many other addicts. It is not intended as professional medical advice. It is always wise to make sure none of the recipe ingredients or procedures conflict with medications you may be taking. Likewise, if you have any medical condition, disease, allergy or any other health issue, consult your doctor before using the recipe. Thanks, Thomas

THOMAS RECIPE

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

Thanks a lot I am actually using that recipe to the best of my ability! I appreciate the advice! Still kicking ass today took a couple mg of clonadine with the L tyrosine, B6 and Imodium, also took a couple Tylenol pain relievers, I'm going to reserve half a 2mg pill of Xanax to sleep later in the day if need be, I'm also debating having a quarter of my 8mg sub before I go to sleep and using that for 4 days, the last time I quit before I relapsed after a couple months I used suboxone for the first 4 days and suffered almost no withdrawal symptoms so I'm thinking that may be of help, I also have to work tomorrow as a carpenter so I would prefer not to be in too much suffering for that.

I also should add that I have had no cravings whatsoever for fentanyl today so far so hopefully it continues on that route, if all else fails I have a meeting with a methadone/sub doc on Wednesday that I would prefer not too attend, I am 100% sure I can get and stay clean on my own I'm determined

I wish someone with more experience would chime in....but, I would cut that sub down, even more, just to make it last. Remember, a little goes a long way. Really cheering you on, Mick.

The forum is real slow on weekends, so be patient and maybe someone will be along to help further.....however, determination is half the battle....so hang tough and keep reading the many stories on here....it will help! The more knowledge we have, the better we do.

I will definitely take that advice I also wonder whether I should worry about taking it with 1mg Xanax and .1mg clonidine

Pixiepoxie is offline Senior Member

Mick,

Welcome to the forum. As Silver mentioned, it is much slower on here on weekends. I'm tapering off Suboxone and am at .75mg. Don't know how much help I can offer you, but I'm here!
    It sounds like your doing really good, and that determination is great!
    Just so I'm clear, are you just wanting to use the Suboxone temporarily?

Mick,

I just re-read your supply list. Obviously, with only have 1 8mg Suboxone, you are planning on just using that as a supportive measure while detoxing. I would definitely follow Silvers recommendation of using as little as possible. It is very powerful and it goes a long way

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Yes I would cut that 8 mg of sub into quarters..
    It really is best to use the cows scale to determine the best time to take the sub..
    You do not want to go into precipitated withdrawals..
    You would not make it to work..
    It is hard to really evaluate your symntoms if you are treating them..
    How did you decide when it was time to take the sub the other time that you used it?
    How long has it been since your last opiate ?
    How are you feeling?
    Take care
    Bette
    Pixiepoxie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    Yes I would cut that 8 mg of sub into quarters..
    It really is best to use the cows scale to determine the best time to take the sub..
    You do not want to go into precipitated withdrawals..
    You would not make it to work..
    It is hard to really evaluate your symntoms if you are treating them..
    How did you decide when it was time to take the sub the other time that you used it?
    How long has it been since your last opiate ?
    How are you feeling?
    Take care
    Bette
    Yeah it make it fairly tough to determine when the symptoms are treated but I just can't handle to go into full withdrawal first to wait the suboxone so last time I waited 24 hours exactly, right now it's been about 26 hours since I took any opiates and I've remained fairly comfortable today off a couple .1 mg clonadine about 10 2mg loperamide, a couple Tylenol extra strength first thing in the morning 2000 mg l tyrosine, vitamin b6, potassium supplement, didn't have any Xanax until about 6 o clock and then fell asleep at about 8 o clock until now 11 pm when I am just taking the sub, .5 mg clonadine and going back to sleep until work in the morning at 7! Thanks for you guys support and advice it means a lot! I've quit successfully before and I made it because the suffering of the withdrawal was unmanageable while I was working, I have spent plenty of time browsing these forums, some great info out there.

Yes pixie I am planning on only using it for 4 days, the last time I quit for 30 plus days I used a 4 day suboxone detox tapered every day and didn't suffer barely any withdrawal from opiates or suboxone so I'm hoping to have similar luck this time I feel like I came in well prepared. How is your taper going? I've heard long term suboxone detox can be awful? It sounds like you've tapered your dose fairly well where did you start?

Mick,

Good to hear from you. I am in a huge hurry, so I can't write much at the moment, but wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and cheering you on. I will check back in late tonight and answer your question about my sub taper.

Forward and Onward Troops!

Day two, I slept fairly well I stayed in bed until about 11 am decided to take today off work, woke up and took the l tyrosine and the vitamin b6 with some breakfast, I'm feeling pretty comfortable today other than just being a little tired and out of it once again today I'm hoping tomorrow I will have a little more energy to make it to work to work tomorrow, I'm also feeling a little down and depressed today but I'm hoping that too should pass. Thanks everyone for your support its great to have some replies and people to talk to !

Sounds good, Mick....

Check out this thread for a very short term sub taper......you would have to cut everything in half, but his other suggestions are good for you

https://www.drugs.com/forum/need-tal...tox-57943.html

Also, want to mention, Mick....

I heard from one of the guys on the thread I sent you above....fcgaels.....he and rbr are still clean, after 4 or more years.....you can do this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by silverlining1 View Post
    Also, want to mention, Mick....

I heard from one of the guys on the thread I sent you above....fcgaels.....he and rbr are still clean, after 4 or more years.....you can do this!!!
    Thanks for the advice silver I find all of this stuff very inspiring,also for anyone else who may be following my thread I also picked up 5 x 5mg Valium and 5 x 1mg sublingual Ativan to add to my Arsenal today I'm not necessarily going to be using them but there is comfort in knowing I have them, thanks again everyone I wish you all luck in your personal battles, we are all fighting battles in our own mind of sometime and if anyone is ever looking for someone to talk to I am always here as much as I can for anyone in need!

Mick,
    Glad to see you are still posting and hanging in. You are doing great. You asked in a previous post where I am at in my sub taper. Long story short, I detox multiple times off opiates at home, but would always relapse. I ended up choosing to go on Suboxone to try to get my life on track. I started at 12mg about a year and half ago. Quickly went to 8mg, then lingered there for over a year. By July 2015 I had taped to 2 mg and decided to try to get off once and for all. I did fine until I dropped from 1mg to .5 mg. Then I literally hit a brick wall. Severe withdrawal symptoms that I tried riding out for 10 days. At that time, I started searching on line and found this forum. Thank God. I learned that I dropped too much going from 1mg to .5 and that I should have went to .75 mg first and stabilized before going to .5mg. So now, I'm at .75mg and just kind of trying to stabilize here. I had a few INTENSE cravings while on .75mg, but I am happy to say past couple of days I am feeling more stable.
    I will be looking for and keeping up with your posts, please continue to update and know that you are alone in this. As they say, you only have to do this once! Do it right, and you only have to do it once. My thread is under Suboxone Therapy, and I try to post there regularly.

Glad to hear you're hanging in there also, I have a scheduled visit with a sub doc on Wednesday and I'm going to try to get enough subs to do Roberts taper plan, a rapid detox doesn't seem to be doing the trick for me I believe I need something for maintenance while I get my life back on the rails here, I've heard subs can be a mother fer to come off after long term usage that's the exact reason I am trying not to use for too long if possible but anything is better than using my hard earned money to buy fentanyl pills off the streets! My appointment is at 9 am Monday morning a friend of mine was just put on methadose at the same clinic for the same problem, I would also consider using that and then switching to subs to do a taper after a month or so but I haven't made my mind up yet about it or talked to a professional l, thanks for the advice and stick with me keep on fighting the good fight against evil! Why did you choose to be on sub for so long? Not asking out of judgement simply curiosity, thanks , mick

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiepoxie View Post
    Mick,
    Glad to see you are still posting and hanging in. You are doing great. You asked in a previous post where I am at in my sub taper. Long story short, I detox multiple times off opiates at home, but would always relapse. I ended up choosing to go on Suboxone to try to get my life on track. I started at 12mg about a year and half ago. Quickly went to 8mg, then lingered there for over a year. By July 2015 I had taped to 2 mg and decided to try to get off once and for all. I did fine until I dropped from 1mg to .5 mg. Then I literally hit a brick wall. Severe withdrawal symptoms that I tried riding out for 10 days. At that time, I started searching on line and found this forum. Thank God. I learned that I dropped too much going from 1mg to .5 and that I should have went to .75 mg first and stabilized before going to .5mg. So now, I'm at .75mg and just kind of trying to stabilize here. I had a few INTENSE cravings while on .75mg, but I am happy to say past couple of days I am feeling more stable.
    I will be looking for and keeping up with your posts, please continue to update and know that you are alone in this. As they say, you only have to do this once! Do it right, and you only have to do it once. My thread is under Suboxone Therapy, and I try to post there regularly.

Mick,

When I went on the Suboxone, my life was COMPLETELY out of control. I went on the Sub with the mindset of just needing to get myself stable. I didn't really have a set time frame of how long I would be on the Sub. I got rather comfortable being on the Suboxone, I never had cravings, I didn't think about abusing medications, I thought I felt rather "normal" It seemed easier to stay on it than to even deal with, or think about getting off of them. But, (there is always a but) I do have several medical issues, and in the back of my mind it always bothered me that if I needed another surgery, or if I were in an accident, Suboxone then becomes an issue. I didn't want to be dependent on anything for life. I eventually decided to just gradually taper down. What could be the harm? If I didn't like it, I could always go back up. So, I started to taper myself without really reading too much. I didn't want to read a bunch of horror stories, and scare myself out of taking the leap to do it. From the beginning, I just told myself I would listen to my body (not obsess over it though-which I tend to do). And I literally went from 8mg to 2mg without any problem. (Which isn't unusual, since above 2mg is considered a "high" dose) I lingered at 2mg for a few months (I knew going lower than 2mg might get more difficult), then I finally decided..I AM DOING IT. I went from 2mg to the .5 and that is where I hit a brick wall. Found this forum...went back up to .75mg and am nearly stable again, and planning to drop to .5mg sometime in the near future.
    I'm so thankful for this forum. For all of my determination to NOT research, for fear of the horror stories of Suboxone tapering, I've been blessed to wind up on this site. Wonderful, helpful, encouraging people who are positive and supportive.
    I'm glad you have a plan of action, and keep posting, I will be watching for updates. Take care and hang in!