Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Dikkis
  • 2 Post By RightTurn33
  • 2 Post By hopes1211
  • 1 Post By Dikkis
Need help please help!!!
    Dikkis is offline New Member

Default Need help please help!!!

So I’ve been searching the threads and forums but I can’t find it...anyways this is a secret and no one knows besides myself but I’ve been taking hydrocodone for almost 3 years now....the first year I didn’t take so much but the past two years, I took it almost everyday. I’ve tried to quit plenty of times and I always seem to relapse. Well this time, I have something I can’t lose and that is to land this job I’ve worked very hard for and it’s my motivation to quit. I’ve been tapering off for the past two weeks from 40-50mg to nothing now. I’ve always been active I workout a lot (I know a junkie who works out right) but for the past 3 weeks I’ve been drinking a gallon of water, lifting weights, exercising, eating healthy, using the sauna daily for 15 mins, taking my multivitamins and milk thistle extract To help detox my liver. I haven’t had any for 7 days and I’m starting to kind of get back to being normal. The gym is the only thing that helps me. With that being said, am I going to pass my urine test if it gets sent to the lab? I’ve tested twice with an at home dip stick test and have passed twice but I’m still my worried. I want my life back and this job!!! Please give me some advice thank you!
    hopes1211 likes this.

RightTurn33 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dikkis View Post
    So I’ve been searching the threads and forums but I can’t find it...anyways this is a secret and no one knows besides myself but I’ve been taking hydrocodone for almost 3 years now....the first year I didn’t take so much but the past two years, I took it almost everyday. I’ve tried to quit plenty of times and I always seem to relapse. Well this time, I have something I can’t lose and that is to land this job I’ve worked very hard for and it’s my motivation to quit. I’ve been tapering off for the past two weeks from 40-50mg to nothing now. I’ve always been active I workout a lot (I know a junkie who works out right) but for the past 3 weeks I’ve been drinking a gallon of water, lifting weights, exercising, eating healthy, using the sauna daily for 15 mins, taking my multivitamins and milk thistle extract To help detox my liver. I haven’t had any for 7 days and I’m starting to kind of get back to being normal. The gym is the only thing that helps me. With that being said, am I going to pass my urine test if it gets sent to the lab? I’ve tested twice with an at home dip stick test and have passed twice but I’m still my worried. I want my life back and this job!!! Please give me some advice thank you!
    I would say you will pass. Good luck with new job!
    hopes1211 and Dikkis like this.

hopes1211 is offline Senior Member

Default Dikkis

I'm not positive as to the answer of your question, I would hate to tell you something and it not be true, but I will tell you my husband, who has not one ounce of an addictive personaity in him, and does not abuse his prescription, has not taken norco for I think a week or two. He was required, by his doctor, to take a urine test. It came out clean. He had to explain to his doctor that he doesn't take them every day. So, there is a positive.

So great you have got this far and done so well. Working out is the only "antidepressant" that will work for me. It's more powerful, for me, than anything else I can do. The problem is that I have done nothing for months. The weather is below zero, and it's hard to drive to the gym at 5 in the morning. HOWEVER, I know I must to save myself. I, passed up a really good job, a couple of years ago because of what you are going through. You, however, want it, evidently, a lot more than I did, and I wanted it bad.

Keep up the good work. I am sure you are going to be fine. You understand I cannot promise, there must be someone on here that must know the answer to your question. I do believe you have a bright future. You sound determined.

Keep posting. It does help--a lot.

Good luck.
    Dikkis and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Thanks so much!

Thank you so much. Yes I am more determined as ever. My withdrawals are finally getting better and going away. I want my life back !!!! I love going to the gym it’s my only escape.
    RightTurn33 likes this.