Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
Need Help with a Suboxone taper wanna be done with this and any advice helps Pleasee
    MovinOn is offline Member

K thts fine I'll stick to tht if its best but seems a lil hard to cut tht small of a piece ya know. So ima cut a .25 in half i guess n take tht n a .5 for 3 days.

Took tht .62 yesterday felt fine good day. Feelin fine to start the day plus i get to watch my Saints so no problems here. Gona take my .62 today n tht'll be it things goin good as of now. Think im starting to get used to the once a day only def gettin a lil easier by the day. Stayin Strong

Sunday did fine just took my .625 n at nite wound up takin a valium at like 9pm didnt wake up monday till close to 11. Felt good Monday took my .625 n just a lil tired feelin thoughout the day at some points almost think tht was cause of the valium i took the previous nite. Slept alrite last nite but Woke up def earlier this morning between 830 and 9 compared to the past couple days. Seems like the valium helps me sleep better n longer. i just didnt wanna take a valium last nite cause i took one the past couple nites dont wanna get dependent on those and wanna save em for when i may really need em ya know. Thinkin bout droppin down to .5 today or stayin one more day at .625 since i have work today n then tom drop down since i have like 4 or 5 days off after today. Like i said a couple days ago its gettin a tiny bit better each day holding off till three but i find gettin over my use to be morning dose is the Challenge and mentally mostly i find when i keep myself busy it HELPS So much. Gettin over my evening dose was alot easier than i thought itd be but iam very focused n motivated to do this so im sure tht helps.

Hope your mom doin alrite man wish i could help

numbOne is offline Member

Thanks man. I am really scared couldnt imagine this world without her. Grateful for your thought.

As for your taper...very smart to limit that valium intake. Save them for when it's most needed and last thing you want is picking up another addiction/habit. It's always good to make your drops coincide with a time in your life when you are not so pressed with responsibilities and stuff. It's so easy that when the goin gets tough we fall back on our old habits. You are doin fantastic though with that focus and motivation...this will all be behind you in short order.

dan202 is offline New Member

Hey I just wanted you know know I've been going through this thread and its been helping me a lot and it seems like your doing very well, I myself am down to 1 mg once a day in the am around 11 and tryin to work my way outta this mess, while still going to work and school (i am 21, 5'11", 135 lbs.) I only used to take at the most about 120mgs a day of oxy and have been on subs since June, and also didn't wanna go to a doctor like many of my friends who have been on subs for 2-3 years at least...to me that's not recovery. I'm working on tapering kinda following your footsteps, but I have tried just jumping off the wagon before (which didn't work for too long obviously) and if I can give you anything its that "numb" is absolutely right with the hot baths or jacuzzi, when you do actually start feeling a little weak and achy nothing helps more then a nice hot bath to soothe the pain. Also, when you make the jump off or even towards the end of your taper, vitamin b6 and l-tyrosine may help too, when I tried to jump off I'm not trying to tell you it will make everything go away we know that's not gonna happen, however it helped give me energy and motivation when you are feeling lethargic. You seem like your doing great and I have all the faith in the world in you.

Now I have a question for either one of you guys. I am prescribed focalin and I also have klonopins, the kpins I will use only as needed to sleep of course, but I've heard a lot of mixed things about stimulants and opiate withdrawal. Do you think it would help as it helps to increase dopamine in part of the brain but I've heard people say it has helped them and some say it made things 10 times worse. So what do u think.

Keep up the good work and stay strong.

Woke up today round 930 10 ish seems to be the norm now feelin fine cant complain only minor ish but i think its mostly mental at this point so no biggie im getting over tht. Made the jump yesterday to .5mg so ima keep at tht n at 3pm for the next couple days. Nice to hear i can help someone even if its indirectly man i def know wat u goin thru. I did cold turkey b4 wasnt fun n shouldnt have never got back on but lookin back i wasnt ready to completely be done with opiates yet. Thts exactly y i started posted all this on here to get help and it seems to be one of the best moves ive made NumbOne has been an Angel basically for me. It def wasnt easy droppin down to one dose a day since i was takin them at 11am n then like 6 or 7. >> say thts the most difficult part as of Now droppin to one dose n waitin it out till 3 but its gets better with each day just cause u gotta break the HABIT ya know. Main piece of advice i can give man is stay strong n remind urself daily to do this n it'll def be worth it in the end. Its a process so patience i wish i could be done already but its for the best when it does come time to jump im sure it'll be much easier if u stick with the taper. Now on the lvl of Kpins a couple nites ive takin alprazam n valium to help me out get good sleep n it did tht but realized i dont want to start takin those every nite to get sleep n then be reliant on those so im only using my limited supply of valiums n xanax When i REALLY NEED THEM. I took nothing the past couple nites n slept pretty good. Idk much about Focalin wish i could help u there maybe Numbone can. Im not 100% postive about this but it was recommened to me to take my one dose around 2 or 3 cause tht will help u out make it till the next day especially as the doses get smaller. Also helpd me out alot reading robert taper breakdown n just reading other ppls stories really n it cant hurt to Pray for strength. Im 24 my man n i rem like it was yesterday i was 21 poppin tens roxy oxy dope watever n never ever pictured tht >> still be fightin this at this point in my life its def held me back from doing me n Time FLies so im so ready to move on with my life hope u r too n dont have to wait a few more years to figure it out. Keep it up too my dude n keep us posted if u want with ur progress. Peace

saw this on here n its def inspired me there's no tellin' what we'll do when we're free...

dan202 is offline New Member

I know exactly what you mean, I thought the same thing, I wish I just woulda stuck with it when I tried to stop but to be honest I wasn't ready either. Now I know I'm ready, all I want is to be ME again and to be able to get up in the morning and not have to take something just to function, I actually wanna do this for myself now and that's the best motivation you can have. I'm pretty comfortable at my one dose of 1mg so for the next day or two I will try to just hold out till around 2-3ish I dont think I should have too much of an issue with that.then try to drop to .75 once in comfortable there. I gotta say, its really reassuring to have someone else going through the same battle at the same time (not that I would wish It on my worst enemy) just to know that it is very possible and that your not alone is great to have.
    Glad to hear you have dropped down and made it to the next step, keep it up man, and thanks for the support too.

oh yeah and also, the kpins I just have some on deck if I really need however I dont plan on taking them unless absolutely necessary especially BC benzos make me so shot instead of relaxing me I'll just be shot for the night and at least half of the next day lol.

Yea ur def not alone n were in this together so i hear ya n know exactly where ur coming from. By the way NumbOne has been tellin me once i drop a dose stay at tht for at least 3 or 4 days cause of the half life of subs. Ive been doin 3 cause my metabolism is really fast. i weigh nothing nowadays but have always had a really fast one. Do what u think is best for you my man u know urself best. O n about the benzo wat u mean shot they give u energy u sayin cause when i took tht valium the other nite at like 9 i felt like i was kinda tired even the next day... its been since highschool since ive popped valiums bars n all the other meds out there in the pill game its unfortunate theres tht many out there when u think about it were def the pill generation but like u said im just ready to be ME again. Stay Strong

just took my .5 today 2nd day on this dose things def goin Good as of now

Hey that's my Friend SyS's she writes it every post I like it too! Like the mystery aspect...quitting this carp gives a whole new lease on life, and now without all the time, energy, money that's wasted we really are free.

Look at YOU Movin'...now YOUR success is inspiring others. Keep it up my friend! There are really two more hurdles. You've gotta deal with the end of this taper (1) and you've gotta stay clean (2)

Going back and forth with using and the relapse is part of the process of getting clean, so i am actually very happy that you have gone cold turkey before and got back on. Now you have that experience. I believe in you - i really do!

Dan, Glad you found this thread. Read all of them. I really believe it is essential to hear the same things repeated over and over by different people. It may seem redundant at times, but hearing the same thing sometimes a little differently may be exactly what is needed to hit home.

I don't want to lead you astray as i just jumped on somebody else for posting garbage. Hopefully Alex, Rose, Sharks or any of the other great ppl on here can better guide on if keepin up with that focalin is a good thing.
    MovinOn likes this.

That's the nasty trap of the drugs guys...I used to have to take a xanex to sleep but was so wiped needed a roxy to wake up. Lame cycle.

Happy you two are in this together now (not really but you know what i mean)
    MovinOn likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MovinOn View Post
    saw this on here n its def inspired me there's no tellin' what we'll do when we're free...
    Hi there. So glad to see you're doing well with your taper. Keep it up!

The quote you referenced is from SS, who is a taper buddy of mine. She's great. I got a kick outta you mentioning her quote... lol just wanted to mention that. Hope you have a good day.

-Katherine
    MovinOn likes this.

NumbOne u already know i cant stress enough how Awesome you've been thru this process for me n i def dont feel like im done or accomplished anything major yet still workin to my goal im still hungry n motivated to be done with this n Move on with my life theres moments thru the today where it can be challenging but yea i try to remind myself its for the best in the End and thru ur help (NumbOne) and this site's yall have def kept me motivated thru the process. There have been times i felt so much better after reading a post from u. By the way Katherine ive def read thru a few stories on this site n glad i did but I noticed also lately I've been workin on my music WAYYYYY more lately since ive started this process durin the day before work which i wasnt really doing anything musically for the past few months if not a year since ive worked on music like tht. Ive played around with music for years now 6 going on 7 years but the past couple years ive slacked off think the subs/opiates were def messin with my work rate when it came to music. I think thts Y tht Quote really hit home with me. i copied n pasted it to a sticky note on my desktop Luv It lol. Stayin Strong n MovinOn Peace My Ppls
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

NumbOne u already know i cant stress enough how Awesome you've been thru this process for me n i def dont feel like im done or accomplished anything major yet still workin to my goal im still hungry n motivated to be done with this n Move on with my life theres moments thru the today where it can be challenging but yea i try to remind myself its for the best in the End and thru ur help (NumbOne) and this site's yall have def kept me motivated thru the process. There have been times i felt so much better after reading a post from u. By the way Katherine ive def read thru a few stories on this site n glad i did but I noticed also lately I've been workin on my music WAYYYYY more lately since ive started this process durin the day before work which i wasnt really doing anything musically for the past few months if not a year since ive worked on music like tht. Ive played around with music for years now 6 going on 7 years but the past couple years ive slacked off think the subs/opiates were def messin with my work rate when it came to music. I think thts Y tht Quote really hit home with me. i copied n pasted it to a sticky note on my desktop Luv It lol. Stayin Strong n MovinOn Peace My Ppls
    That's really good! It's true, using and abusing (even subs) takes us away from the things we love and makes us indifferent, for lack of a better word. Actually, SS mentioned that as well. She plays guitar and has not played for a long time - pretty much for years, ever since her addiction has been taking its toll. She is looking forward to getting back to that. I'm also excited to get back to the things that I enjoyed before - working out, going out with friends and family, spending quality time with my husband, writing/journaling, meditation and singing... among other things. I used to sing with my hubby's band all the time. So much fun!

I wish you all the best with your taper. I can't wait to be where you are as far as dosage. I assume it will be fine once I get there since my first 2 drops have been pretty easy.

Hope you have a great night. Talk to you soon
    MovinOn likes this.

Hey there Hope you all are doing well today, staying strong, resisting temptations and all that jazz.

MovinOn, i posted that last incorrect or it was misunderstood a little.

Thanks for your kind words my friend...but, you are wrong thinking you havent done anything or accomplished anything major. You need to give yourself tons and tons of credit man. You have done a down right outstanding job with this. You should be very very proud. Still a little ways to the end of this tunnel - but never underestimate how hard this is. Many people don't have what you have. To some what you accomplished already is nearly impossible. It's great to see that you are already an inspiration to others.

Don't get complacent or over confident, but also don't ever forget to look at yourself in the mirror with a big smile and bunch of pride, then go out and look at the world dead in the eye without any reservations.
    MovinOn likes this.

Heard tht NumbOne im def proud of myself for stickin wit the plan up to this point and taking my dose down to just once a day it was def a task at first n wasnt all tht easy but i guess now tht im a few days in with just dosing once a day im already lookin ahead ya know lol. Stickin to it once a day n at 3pm took my .5mg today only thing i will say i cut up a 8mg sub yesterday n my .5 lookd a lil bit bigger than my previous ones...hate how small n precise u have to be with these things im doin my best really to be as precise as possible cause i dont want to pay in the end ya know

Woke up round 930 today felt pretty good cant complain gona try to take it down to .375 today @ 3pm but idk if its gona be exactly tht cause i cut my .5 piece just a small piece off of it n ima just do tht for the next few days n then take it down from there. I feel like as long as i keep reducing the size Ima be doin good ya know lol. Bout to go work at my Dad's place n then have my Big Bro's wedding rehearsal tonite then the Wedding Tom. Wildd. Peace Gotta Keep On Keepin Onnn
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

was pretty busy most of the day yesterday with my brother's wedding it went well and had a great time. Stayd with the plan took my .375mg yesterday at 3 n just drank a good bit at the reception its was def a fun time. Woke up today around 10 feelin fine not even feelin hung over at all really but was def feelin the urge to pop tiny lil piece of sub this morning for some reason i usually dont feel tht way but i was pretty close n stopped myself n im thinkin it over n it doesnt seem to be worth the progress ive made up to this point. Doin my best to stay strong.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

was pretty busy most of the day yesterday with my brother's wedding it went well and had a great time. Stayd with the plan took my .375mg yesterday at 3 n just drank a good bit at the reception its was def a fun time. Woke up today around 10 feelin fine not even feelin hung over at all really but was def feelin the urge to pop tiny lil piece of sub this morning for some reason i usually dont feel tht way but i was pretty close n stopped myself n im thinkin it over n it doesnt seem to be worth the progress ive made up to this point. Doin my best to stay strong.
    You're doing so good! Nice going with sticking to the taper. Someone else mentioned that they felt the same way the day after drinking. I remember back in 06 when I first took Sub my doc said it's not a good idea to drink while taking it. I've never had a drinking problem, but whenever I have a drink I can't have more than 2 or I feel sick to my stomach. Must be the subs interacting with the alcohol. Or so I would think. That's just my experience with that. Maybe not the same for everyone.

I hope you have a good day. Take care and stay strong!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-13-2013 at 02:30 PM.

yea i know wat u mean. When i was takin bigger pieces n i would drink i would have to watch how much i would drink or u can def get sick from tht mixture it seems. Did good yesterday held off till 3 n Today feelin way better about holding off till 3 def think the drinkin saturday nite had somethin to do with my urges Sunday morning but who knows for sure huh... Plan on takin it a step down today again guess im bout to jump to .25 startin today gotta check the chart to make sure. Peace Stayin Strong
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

You're nearly there man...Grrrrreat Job! Fantastic work keepin up with this and still goin about life as we do. It's so tempting to take a little extra when you have a big event or feeling a little hung over - Couldnt be any prouder or happier for you.
    I think the deal is with taking anything else right now, including valiums, and this is also a general answer for Dan's question cuz no one else did: We have messed with our bodies natural chemistry. We need to remove the foreign substances we've been inputting, give our self some time to heal and our body an opportunity to try to stabilize itself on it's own w/out any aides. Then see if it needs anything. Usually it's best to tackle one at a time and certainly while working thru major hurdles try to avoid any distractions/disruption. Drinking weakens our bodies when right now you need it to be it's strongest. I will only promote smoking something or taking a sleep aid as opiate addiction is so powerful it might be necessary to lean on something in order to get through - but ultimately you will want to give 30-60 days with nothing to determine if something is needed.
    Don't worry about the cuts too much - there is only so much we can do. You know appx how big/small they are. how long it's in your mouth before you swallow plays in, so you can but don't go crazy trying to get it all perfect. You are right where you supposed to be with this - doin great and an example for all. If your dosing is that skewed and you dont feel right, stay an extra day or so until you do.

Congrats to your big brother on finding the right one....You're NEXT.

Idk bout all tht bout me being next lol but its much appreciated anyway. Yea Yesterday startin takin .25 felt fine yesterday n this morning no problems felt good. Gona do the same today n tom. I have work this week wed thurs fri evenings n then saturday morning n im kinda thinkin ahead n toward if after these next three days i should start skippin or drop down once one more before doin tht???

pieces def startin to get pretty small i can almost see the light gotta stay strong n push almost there. i can also start to notice the difference when i take my piece i really dont feel it as much anymore guess thts jsut cause the size mg im takin now.

Idk y but felt like i needa a tiny bit more today felt like the piece i took earlier was a bit small so i had a .25 tht was cut in half n took one of the pieces of tht so for my total today im .25 at 3pm n just a few mins ago took tht tiny lil peice prob shouldnt havent n feel a lil guilty about it guess thts y im postin it on here but i DEF wont be doin tht Tom. Still tryna see how i should work these last couple weeks or however long its gona be. Got work wed thurs n fri evening then saturday morning n i should be off sunday n idk bout next week yet ill know by tom. Im wondering after the next couple days at .25 should i start skippin days or jump down a bit further then start skipping days??? Just lookin for some advice on this last part feel like i need it. tryna Stay Strong

Got work today at 5 bout to take my .25 in a lil bit felt fine today no complaints really

Happy to hear no complaints and glad to know you didnt feel the need for anymore today or at least fought them off, don't worry about taking that extra piece now.
    Look, some ppl report not much if any w/d dropping from this point. My experience is the next couple few days w/out any suboxone in my system i always then find out how so little can do so much. So my take is no matter what you do you will feel something - despite the half-life having caught up with itself or whatver...

The degree that you feel these symptoms is just lessened the further you drop - but as you know these get real tiny - you can only go so low. You're either there or 1 away. How long are you allowing to dissolve/waiting to swallow?
    I'd probably take the .125 tomorrow and friday. That'l get you through work sat. From there man, play it by ear. You may then want take a piece Sun. and see if you need another tues?

yea lately i try n let it dissolve as long as possible b4 swallowing couple mins i guess... Ima take a .25 today n tom I'll drop down to .125 n saturday same n then try n skip sunday till monday since i have work om monday. Exicited but a lil nervous too about almost being there ya know. Stayin Strong
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

just somethin i noticed wanted to point out im at work rite now everything is fine only thing i noticed today n yesterday my first day back at work in 4 or 5 days cause of my brother's wedding last week.first off i should say I work at a gym owned by a hospital n they def like to keep it Cold in here. yesertday n today i catch myself randomly gettin the chills every now n then. No real W/d symptoms to complain about just tht lil thing only real thing i have noticed. Im tryin not to think about it too much cause i know n realize how influential ur mind can be on urself n how u feel n all tht. Took my .25 today plan on droppin to .125 tom n saturday n gona do my best to skip Sunday def startin to feel like im almost there. Stay Strong-

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast