Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
Need Help with a Suboxone taper wanna be done with this and any advice helps Pleasee
    MovinOn is offline Member

Question Need Help with a Suboxone taper wanna be done with this and any advice helps Pleasee

I originally started with occasionally poppin some tens n percs here n there in highschool and after graduated to oxys n dope a few years after and yall know how tht story goes, but that was like 2 or 3 years ago now n i was only consistently using for about a year b4 i got tired of being in tht cycle. i havent been getting loaded like tht for about a year or more now but i switched to Subxone for probably a year or so now Not prescribed but self medicating cause i didnt wanna go to a doctor and get stuck on one of there bs suboxone plans cause i have a friend and know ppl whose been on subs for a few years now and i just dont want tht so my friend helpd me out and would give me a couple here n there n >> just make em last. im very serious about being done with subs. also i feel tht ive seriously wasted enough time with opiates/subs and im ready to move on with my life free of opiates and suboxone. Suboxone wise usually I only ever took 4mg at most throughout the day. occasionally >> take more just because i was bein dumb at the time and thts how i was compensating i guess for not gettin loaded. Ive read Roberts taper plan which is great and gives me hope definitely and believe in it but just wish i could ask him a couple questions. Anyways here my current situation. this past wednesday i went to the doctor for a rash i had and it turned out to be shingles Suckss so ive been goin through tht wednesday to Sunday 9/22/13 and Im finally starting to feel better today on Monday. My doctor prescribed me some oxycodone 5mg 30 of them for the pain i was feeling i started them on wednesday n finished them sunday night 9/22/13 took my last one at 12 midnight. I was only takin them one at a time and every few hours like told too and only once or twice i took 2 at a time. The past couple of nites ive been wakin up at like 4 or 5am and feeling almost as if im already startin to WD from the percocets well late late last nite at like 6 or 7am i felt like it was time to take a piece of the sub and begin a new induction process and then taper ASAP so i took the smallest piece possible it really was a sliver had to be 1mg i cut with scissors off my 8mg sheet. then an hour or so later cut another sliver simliar or even smaller than the first sliver i took and slept like a baby for a few hours some great relief to finally sleep decently. im hopin today i will finally be able to get some good sleep since im off those weak percocets. My questions are where do i go from here when do i take my next sliver today im still on my first day so this is still my induction and whats the latest i should take a piece from here on. i know starting tomorrow im suppose to split it into two doses and wait 3 or 4 days to start tapering. advice reccomendations anythingg would help PLEASE cause im not fully sure exactly how to do this correctly i wanna get off ASAP and without any major Wd if possible cause i do have a Job lol. I do have some backups to help me with the process just in case its needed some valiums clonopins and xanax but i dont take any of those regularly i actually have been savin all of them for a while and for the day i do have to go through WD. Another quick thing how exactly do i know how much to cut off the suboxone film like i said earlier for my induction back to subs i cut the tiniest piece not wanting to over due it, but when it comes time to taper how do i cut even smaller pieces and keep it consistent and still two doses or one during tht phase. then once you start skippin days in the taper eventually do u still take two doses or drop tht down to one and what times are best?? I know this is alot to digest but im just tryna explain as much as possible about my situation and questions. >> greatly appreciate any advice or help Thanksss

numbOne is offline Member

Not sure when your bedtime is but i'd give it 5-6 hours prior if dosing 2x daily. But in reality once you are down to the smaller pieces just take it once daily around the same time. Pick a time in between when you were taking 2 - so 3pm Maybe. If you google suboxone slivers in the images you will see examples. Start by folding in half, then fold those halves in half etc..

Stabilize at the least amount of the drug you feel comfortable/functional.

Read the stories on this board and consider if tapering down is the right path for you. If it is then you might want to take a little more later on today aBout 5 hours before bed to hold you til tomorrow at 3. then take a few days to stabilize at 2MG, then drop to 1.5 and so on...
    MovinOn and Maria089 like this.

i usually go to bed kinda late 1 or 2 o clock. apperciate u throwing me a bone man means alot really ima do my best to keep all this posted so you or someone else can give me advice and help along the way cause ive definitely read some of the stories and im ready man i wanna be done with this >>>> and move on with my life ya know im def motivated to do this i've actually gone cold turkey off the subs before n i wasnt right for like 6 or 7 days i think it was and i jsut cant do tht right now with work and dont want to if its possible to do this the right way which is by tapering it seems. I havent taken another piece yet since 8 this morning i feel fine right now i jsut looked up the sliver video thanks and cut up my strip . i have work at four today so ur saying i should take another piece today no later than 5 to 6 hours prior to bedtime. how much u think .5mg or 1mg at the most rite... and then tommorrow split my doasge to 1mg or less twice a day ?? i cant have more than 1mg to 2 mg in me at this point

Yea no problem bro Im grateful to be here and know the importance of not feeling like you are all alone.
    I read it that you had about 1.5 MG in your system, so thought a few hours before bed take another .5 to get you though the night and hold you until around 3 tomorrow whne you could start a regimen of 2 Mg at appx the same time once daily. Now if taking a full 2MG you feel is too much for your system, then just do 1MG in the AM and the other 5 hours or so before bed. Then make the transition to Once daily when you are at a lower dose.

Im sure more people will chime in if they believe there is better approach/method for you. Maybe others just to show support. Big props for having the desire to get out from this mess.
    MovinOn likes this.

heard tht ur awesome thanks a bunch yea so ima take .5 later today and for tomorrow around three either one or two MGs idk honestly wat would be best for me. i know my body can handle the 2mg at once which way u think is better for me tom spliting it to twice a day or just once daily

Okay just got back home from work a lil while ago good day no complaints from me felt fine all day. I took a .5mg at 7pm and thts it for today bout to go get some sleep in a lil bit. still not sure what exactly would be best for me tomorrow to take the full 2mg in one dose or to split it into 2 doses??Im off of work the next couple days js. Also wat is it 3 or 4 days to stabilize at tht and then on the 4th or 5th day drop to 1.5mg then same thing but after tht few days once i drop to 1 mg should i go to just one dose a day?? when should i start skipping days at wat mg works best. I know im gettin a lil ahead of myself but just tryna find out as much as possible so i can prep myself mentally i guess

>>' like to understand something better...were you using subs every day...for the past year?

If you felt fine yesterday on 1.5 stick with that dose for a few days, whether it's on the 4th day, 5th or 6th is up to how you are feeling.

Here is a taper that was once posted on this site i've copied it for you: So you see 1.5 to 1 is too large.
    2.0 mg (-25%) = 1.5 mg
    1.5 mg (-25%) = 1.125 mg
    1.125 mg (-25%) = .84 mg (round up to 1 mg)
    1.0 mg (-25%) = .75 mg
    .75 mg (-25%) = .56 mg (round up to .62 mg)
    .62 mg (-25%) = .46 mg (round up to .50 mg)
    .50 mg (-25%) = .375 mg
    .375 mg (-25%) = .28 mg (round down to .25 mg)
    .25 mg...either jump, taper lower, or skip days.

Yea i basically was on subs for the past year i just never took it in big amounts prob 2mg at a time n only twice a day usually but goin thru this lil sickness i went thru this past week n gettin those percocets from the doctor gave me like 5 days of not takin any kind of sub my body's metabolism is really fast. just got up today at like ten fell fine i think ima split my doses today into 2 n yea ima try n stick with 1.5 since tht will make it easier down the road im sure n i did feel fine yesterday. thanks for posting tht taper im hopin when i get to .25 i can jump or def skip days ya know

That's great to hear you felt good all day yesterday. NP seeing the taper broken down like that makes this a little easier - one less detail to figure out!

Sorry i forgot to mention anything on the splitting...you really don't have much in your system so you could take a 1mg piece and then later another .5 to hold you over. You can start once daily a few drops down your reduction schedule. Soon all this will be history and you will have control of your life back
    MovinOn likes this.

heard tht man cant wait for tht day. Im runnin a lil late today on takin my second dose but im bout to in a sec i lost my debit card so i been running around lookin for tht. yea i just took a .5 and a .25 thinkin i need to be at 1.5mg total for today ill just take a .5 tom in the evening n im sure tht will hold me over n ill be fine. Wat exactly u meant by You can start once daily a few drops down your reduction schedule... You already know Apperciate all the help Much Luv DatBoyD

Glad you are feeling alright man...keep up the good work!

I meant when you drop down to 1mg or .75 then go to just taking just Once a day. This is not only a good habit (getting out of the habit of dosing) but will be beneficial as you near the end of your taper.

gotcha n yea i know exactly wat u mean n yes i will do tht n stick to the plan took a .5mg n .25mg this morning at 11 and this evening ima just take another.5mg so i should be at like 1.25mg total by the end of today. Today is my third day def feelin good no complaints im wonderin if tomorrow i should knock of the .25 n just start to take 1mg total for the day... Also u think >> be best for me to drop to one dose at 1mg or .75??

There is no need to rush anything at this point, of course everyone wants it to be over with ASAP...but, slow and steady wins this race. It's up to how you feel, but if it was me i'd give it another day at your current dose.

Hope i got this message to you in time, thought i had posted back yesterday but obviously nothing is here.

Anyway, i think you are very fortunate. You are feeling well and was able to get stable at a fairly low dose. Just stick close to the plan. As they say "do it once do it right" just don't want to see you get off track so i think you should closely follow the guidelines from here on out and you get this done as painlessly as possible without any setbacks.

Either dose is fine for your switch. Just do it on a day when you are feeling as close to the top of your game as possible. It's tough IMO so use a little strategy with your previous dose and the timing of your next, bearing in mind the long stretch ahead. But don't let any of that get to you - be confident, mind over matter. Know the long half life and that you have enough built up in your system. Stay strong and carry on.
    iloerose likes this.

Yea i hear yea n am def glad myself tht i was able to stabilize at a low dose i feel like thts prob half the battle with subs most ppl take way to much. N yea i think ur right i do jsut wanna get it over with asap but ima listen to ur advice n slow n steady n do this the right way. i just took a .25 to match yesterday but tonite only takin a .5 like yesterday got work in a lil bit n tht should be my day.

ima stay at 1.25mg for today and tom and then Saturday drop to 1mg

stayin strong with it another day... woke up a lil earlier than usual today started wakin up at 9 n just kept wakin back up so round 1030 just got up not tryna sleep real late anymore anyway lol. Took my .5 n .25 a few mins ago n later today ima take my .5 at work n thts a wrap for today. tomorrow im goin to gran isle for saturday n sunday im from louisiana by the way n gran isle is a lil fishin community thts rite by the gulf(Goin Fishin!!!!). Tomorrow ima bring my total dose down to 1mg. still feelin good about this do kinda wish the process was a lil faster but its all good i understand this is the best way without a doubt

back home from my lil fishing trip still doin good took it down to 1mg total for the day yesterday. Saturday morning had to woke up really early like 5 in the morning to head out to Grand isle for our fishing trip so i wound up takin my first piece at like 8 in the morning but kept my second dose at the same time for 7 ish. Had to do the same thing this morning since we woke up at like 7am so i took it around 8am. kinda was feelin cold n yawing alot this morning not sure if it was just the room or just me mentally knowin tht it was about time for my next dose but i plan on keepin my evening dose the same around 7 n tomorrow be back to my regular schedule around 11 for my first dose. i plan on goin down to one dose a day on my next jump down. Hope ur still there numbOne u def have been very helpful n useful up to this point apperciate it alot.

Im here for you man. Have it set up that i get an email, but if i don't get to you there are many other helpful folks that will chime in. You've got this though. You are doing great.

Yawning and temp regulation are to be expected. Don't worry.

Glad you made it through the weekend and your fishin trip and kept on track. Good job!
    iloerose likes this.

Yea def helped we fished so much didnt have much time to think about it really lol except for sunday morning like i said when i woke up. Woke up round 9 today n took my .5 at 11 feelin just fine. also kinda noticed last nite i think the pieces i took out there on my fishing trip seemed a lil smaller then my .5 from my new strip i cut up last nite. i guess thts gona happen though bein how small these things r but im tryna be as percise as possible this is wat i been using as my guide for cutting them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttZ5ATKb-LE

Feelin good to start the day def tryna stay strong today cause ima takin it down to one dose for now on. Doin fine as of now no problems not expecting any really. Plan on takin my dose at 3pm before i have work at 4pm n thtd be it for the day n then same tomorrow. O yea im also takin my dose down to .75mg today def still feelin good about this just gotta stay with it n stay Strong

Waiting for three to take my daily dose. feelin fine cant complain really no problems as of now but i do have a couple questions when should i start skipping days at .5mg or .25mg?? Also when u get down to the point of skipping do u do tht dose for 3 to4 days then skip days or start skipping immediately when u get to tht mg. im prob over thinking it but just wantd to be sure

Glad you decided to make the next drop when you did - i was gonna hop back on here and recommend that after posting last but didnt want force anything as this is up to how you feel. You are doing outstanding and making all the right choices.

I checked out that video of the cuts. I've seen that guy post here - interesting to put a voice to a persons posts. It was even more intersting to see some of the clips on the side bar and some of the stuff people document! wasted an hour of my life watching people describe their withdrwals - some of it seemed like bologne from attention seekers tho! His video was helpful nonetheless.

No doubt it's difficult to get the cuts even the lower you go...adding to that difficulty i've heard sometimes the drug is not evenly dispersed thru out the entire strip. The build up is holding you over well. whereas some people might struggle more if they are a little short or on drops, you are handling everything making it look easy! Just be grateful for that...

You can skip at .25 or even lower if you think you need to hold on for a few more days. 1/2 MG is too much and i think you will feel that if started skipping.

So, take the .25 for 3-4 days until stable. Decide if you want to reduce again down to .125, if not...dose, skip one day, dose and skip two days. On that 3rd day you can decide if you need one more dosing or if the previous piece you took is the last you'll ever need

Just want to add: Now is the time to start working on a plan and getting support in place to change your habits. It's no easy task getting off (even tho you are making it look that way) The challenge and ultimate test is staying that way. Just like you have this great plan to free yourself, now develop one that works for you - for life. Addiction is a progressive disease. It's easy to fall back into it and it always gets harder to find your way back out.

Heard tht yea i know wat u mean i def have started to plan ahead n changing my lifestyle thts a big part of it i understand now n thru ppl like urself have helped me to fully understand it. I plan on working out again like i use to i also plan on playing some kind of sport again whether its soccer baseball basketball or football cause i LOVE sports. Felt a bit anxious today after i posted n had to use the bathroom twice if ya know wat i mean but im fine ive experienced worse so cant complain about tht really im holding up though bout to take this dose in a few. Ima stick to the plan n take it one day at a time like ive been doing...i think im starting to see the light. Thanks a Bunch Seriously

Guess this is my first bump in the road feel kinda bad n like i cheated a lil but idk lemme just tell u wat happen. Last nite was feelin alrite. lookin back on it now def wasnt feelin as good as the nite before n yesterday was my second day of takin it down to one dose. I managed to go to sleep though but started wakin up around 6 tossin n turning alot n wasnt really goin back to sleep so i wound up takin a .25 at the most it mite have been a bit smaller than tht even but yea i took a piece at 6am unfortunately. Kinda justified it in my head cause i have work today at 4 n didnt wanna be up just yet n have to wait till 3 to dose... really prob just gotta be stronger thts all huh. Where should i go from here i plan on still takin my 3 pm dose n thts it for today. Maybe i went a lil fast with my taper cause like i said b4 i really do have a fast metabolism im like 5'7 n 125 so i weigh nothing plus my body's metabolism is fast really. Still def motivated to do this without a doubt. i think im just finally gettin to the harder stages. Lookin forward for ur advice NumbOne i def feel like i can use it.

much better today woke up at 10 n im feelin fine as on now seems like its gettin a lil easier with each day to hold off until 3. Not sayin the past couple days were horrible but it was a bit of a mental challenge if ya know wat i mean. Should i continue to take only .75 for another day or so since i had tht lil bump in the road yesterday morning or should i drop down to .50 today or tom??

It's ok man. Little bumps are par for this course - you're not derailed or detoured and THAT is what's important.

You might have to lean on your strength a little more and push through these next few days now. The taking it once daily is a tough transistion, so if you are feeling it mildly just remember that this isnt expected to be a walk in the park, it's just the method with the least discomfort. If stretching what is in your system to the nest dose is more difficult then you anticipated, it's because, and you know this; your ride has been fairly mellow thus far. Gain strength from the fact that you didnt keep exactly with your plan and use it to help motivate your sticktuitiveness for the remainder.

Sleep is critical and really sets the stage for your day. Everything is harder for me at least when i don't get a good night, so do thing to help promote you getting thru the night - even relying on other drugs (temporarily) - I have used Tylenol PM and even Valium (on separate nights of course). First Try naturally tiring yourself out - don't over exert as that might keep you up, but some decent/moderate amount of exericise coupled with a hot bath or jacuzzi if available will really help.

Stay strong man...a few more weeks and this will all be history/yourstory.

Heard tht apperciate it

I dint notice that you had posted again when i wrote that last bit...

Glad it's getting easier...and yes, i know precisely what you mean. Know it all to well.

Yes, if it was me i would stay at .75 until tomorrow - and only reduce tomorrow if you continue to feel alright thru this the rest of this day. I'll try to hop on here over the w/e to check up with ya.

Yea woke up today around 1030 11 n feelin fine as of now. After work last nite went to this lil bar not to far from my house n chilld there with some friends for a couple hrs took a valium too last nite after work just in case i was up too late once i got back home. Went to sleep really late at like 3 but slept fine np. Yea today ima take it down to .50 i feel like im feelin good enough to take it down. Think my body is finally gettin use to the whole once a day n at 3 which is Great n i understand y it was difficult since i was usually always takin my first dose almost rite after i woke up ya know. MAkin Progressive... n thanks for keepin up wit me REALLY

Yeahhh Buddy! Happy you're feeling fine today and appreciate the gratitude.
    Hate to burst your bubble, i know you want this to be faster...but, following the plan precisely would make your next 3-5 days .62 - going to .5 would be skipping a drop and i really don't think that would be good for you right now. It's up to you,you know yourself best what you need (Feeling fine can fool you a little and give some over confidence.) I would just stick exactly with the plan.
    SoDone47 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast