Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Randy35
Need as much advice as I can get!!!!!
    DanielleJS is offline New Member

Exclamation Need as much advice as I can get!!!!!

So I came off Percocet over a year ago. Basically took a ton of sleeping pills to get through it and it was a nightmare. Sad to say, since June I’m hooked again. I thought a night out would be ok since it’s been over a year but >>>> was I wrong. I’m 5 months in and depending on the day, I snort from 6-18 per day. I need to get these out of me. I’m so ashamed of this. Here is my big problem. I work 11pm-7am, unloading freight, then I’m at my own business from 9:00am-3:00pm doing more labour. How the hell am I getting through this with no energy. I’ve tried 24 hours and it nearly done me in. I also have kids at home which means my days don’t end when work is done. I’m really stuck in a hard place. My body feels like it’s incased in cement, the shaking, sickness, hot and cold sweats are unbearable. I keep going back to get rid of it all. Is there anything I can use to keep my energy up and keep away this heavy feeling? I can push through the rest at work but not this. Is it better if I eat the pills and wean down or do I continue snorting? I’m sure all this has been asked somewhere but my patience are at 0 to look. Please help! I need my life back.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleJS View Post
    So I came off Percocet over a year ago. Basically took a ton of sleeping pills to get through it and it was a nightmare. Sad to say, since June I’m hooked again. I thought a night out would be ok since it’s been over a year but >>>> was I wrong. I’m 5 months in and depending on the day, I snort from 6-18 per day. I need to get these out of me. I’m so ashamed of this. Here is my big problem. I work 11pm-7am, unloading freight, then I’m at my own business from 9:00am-3:00pm doing more labour. How the hell am I getting through this with no energy. I’ve tried 24 hours and it nearly done me in. I also have kids at home which means my days don’t end when work is done. I’m really stuck in a hard place. My body feels like it’s incased in cement, the shaking, sickness, hot and cold sweats are unbearable. I keep going back to get rid of it all. Is there anything I can use to keep my energy up and keep away this heavy feeling? I can push through the rest at work but not this. Is it better if I eat the pills and wean down or do I continue snorting? I’m sure all this has been asked somewhere but my patience are at 0 to look. Please help! I need my life back.

Hi Danielle, Welcome to the forum!

First, please stop snorting the pills. That's pure addictive behavior and if getting clean is your goal that's the first thing to stop. If you can taper that would be great, but it's not an easy thing to do. Certainly it can be done, but it takes an enormous amount of willpower, self control, and determination. Reason it's so difficult is because you have those pills staring at you all the time you're tapering and it's so easy to take an extra amount when things get rough. You're basically in wd;s the entire time you're tapering so you have to understand that and be prepared for a few symptoms to arise during the taper. But if you can taper and want to give it a go I would reduce by 1/2 of a pill every 4-7 days until you're down to just 1/2 of a pill and then make your jump.

The fastest way off is CT (cold turkey) and be done with it. You're clean the next day after stopping. You'll have about a weeks worth of symptoms with days 2-4 being the worst of it. Then the days get better and better. That's the route I would go if you can do it. Again, that takes willpower, and determination to succeed.

There are many things you can take that will help during, and after your detox. Try the Thomas Recipe. Here's the link below for it.....

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

The recipe does suggest using a benzo, but unless you're taking one under doctors orders I would definitely leave that out. Benzo's are highly addicitve even when taken as directed. And a benxo detox is much, much worse than any opiate detox I asure you. The rest of the items in the recipe will help you.

Getting some exercise also helps speed up endorphin production and you'll feel so much better afterwards. Eat a protein rich diet to provide more energy, and protein shakes are wonderful. Vitamins B6, B12 and B Complex will also help. Try some L-Tyrosine to also help with the lack of energy. You can find it at GNC or other such stores. You have a busy life with work and the children so that will help you through this by keeping your mind occupied and away from how you're feeling.

All I have for now and hope it helps. Let us know how you want to proceed and we'll be here with suggestions and support. Amazing people here that want to help. Take care.

Randy
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.