Need to quit percocets, taking over my mind ruining my marriage.
    Kristiek82 is offline New Member

Question Need to quit percocets, taking over my mind ruining my marriage.

I started out taking Vicodin then Percs after a shoulder surgery. Found out I really liked the Perc. Then I had a back injury and was in tremendous pain so was back on Vicodin for that, well that wasn't cutting it so I started stealing my hubby's percocets that he has for chronic knee pain. Absolutely horrible thing to do I know. I'm utterly disgusted and ashamed of myself and I came to him and confessed. But now it's so hard not to still go get one here and there bc the temptation is still right there. And my body is CRAVING IT! How do I get rid of that crave I hate that feeling. This is not me, not who I am at all , I hate being this way. I want to be back to the oridinary working mommy I was before with no drug addiction. Please help

getwell1026 is offline New Member

Hey Kristie,

Welcome to the forums we are all here to help, support, and never judge. You are one foot out the door. The biggest thing is fully committing. Detoxing isn't easy but as long as up are determined you can do it! Would you mind giving more info on the amount and dosage of what you are taking?

The cravings are the hardest the first 4 days. Physically it will be rough. But once you get over that first hump the rest is all mental.
    I won't lie, I'm 14 days sober and I still get intense cravings. They come in waves. And most people say those can last up to a month. But every time I crave a Norco I just remember the hell I went through to get away from them. It's not worth it. It's not worth those 2 hours of feeling good.

The Thomas Recipe was the biggest life savor when I was first getting clean, I would recommend gettjng every single thing listed. You want to be prepared! It doesn't make all the pain go away but it makes if manageable!

""PLEASE NOTE: I am not a doctor, simply a long-time Rx opiate junkie who has had many opportunities to develop a way to detox. This is a recipe for at-home self-detox from opiates based on my experience as well as that of many other addicts. It is not intended as professional medical advice. It is always wise to make sure none of the recipe ingredients or procedures conflict with medications you may be taking. Likewise, if you have any medical condition, disease, allergy or any other health issue, consult your doctor before using the recipe. Thanks, Thomas

THOMAS RECIPE

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better."

Also for me potassium was a must. You can buy it at any store, it helps so much with restless leg syndrome and the shakes.

Let us know how you are doing. We are here to support you. Best of luck.

-GetWell

Remember that 1 is too many and 1,000 will never be enough.

jessabellc is offline New Member

Tell ur husband to keep his pills on him to prevent the temptation of knowing where they are. and i strongly recommendcas many narcotics meetings as u can get to. the longer this drags out the harder it will be to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by jessabellc View Post
    Tell ur husband to keep his pills on him to prevent the temptation of knowing where they are. and i strongly recommendcas many narcotics meetings as u can get to. the longer this drags out the harder it will be to stop.
    Thank U he is very supportive this far and I'm sure wil be able to find a place to put them thst I can't see and won't think about . Out of sight out of mind right !

Quote Originally Posted by getwell1026 View Post
    Hey Kristie,
    Thank u
    Welcome to the forums we are all here to help, support, and never judge. You are one foot out the door. The biggest thing is fully committing. Detoxing isn't easy but as long as up are determined you can do it! Would you mind giving more info on the amount and dosage of what you are taking?

The cravings are the hardest the first 4 days. Physically it will be rough. But once you get over that first hump the rest is all mental.
    I won't lie, I'm 14 days sober and I still get intense cravings. They come in waves. And most people say those can last up to a month. But every time I crave a Norco I just remember the hell I went through to get away from them. It's not worth it. It's not worth those 2 hours of feeling good.

The Thomas Recipe was the biggest life savor when I was first getting clean, I would recommend gettjng every single thing listed. You want to be prepared! It doesn't make all the pain go away but it makes if manageable!

""PLEASE NOTE: I am not a doctor, simply a long-time Rx opiate junkie who has had many opportunities to develop a way to detox. This is a recipe for at-home self-detox from opiates based on my experience as well as that of many other addicts. It is not intended as professional medical advice. It is always wise to make sure none of the recipe ingredients or procedures conflict with medications you may be taking. Likewise, if you have any medical condition, disease, allergy or any other health issue, consult your doctor before using the recipe. Thanks, Thomas

THOMAS RECIPE

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better."

Also for me potassium was a must. You can buy it at any store, it helps so much with restless leg syndrome and the shakes.

Let us know how you are doing. We are here to support you. Best of luck.

-GetWell

Remember that 1 is too many and 1,000 will never be enough.
    Thank u for the advice I actually have the stuff for the Thomas recipe and went thru detox once but I slipped and started taking again . I take 2-3. 10-325 Percs a day. Since my slip tho I've just taken one a day on 3 days . It's more the mental challenge for me it seems the physical detox I went through wasn't so bad when I did it. I appreciate your kindness and for not judging I really never thought I would end up a drug addict.