need to talk - Day 4 Cold Turkey no oxy - sick!!
    pillpoppn is offline Banned

Unhappy need to talk - Day 4 Cold Turkey no oxy - sick!!

Hi I'm new...

I'm on day 4... I never thought I would be able to quit but by the help of my boyfriend who had to guard me and nurse me for 2 days while I got violent... I got through 2 of the worst nights of my life. I spent a lot of time on the phone and online too; this helped with distraction from the pain.

I'm going to look up the Thomas detox recipe and start taking more vitamins. Today on day 4 I can't move much; I have fever-chills; bone/body ache... but I was able to take a shower without throwing up and eat. I can't do much but lay in bed with heat pads and creams for the pain.

What's the timeline of opiate detox?? I've been to treatment 3 times for drug dependancy but never for opiates (stimulants were my former habit). I'm absolutely determined to do this myself with the help of close friends and associates. I would like to try and avoid suboxone or methadone because knowing myself I would likely relapse. Although I have had many struggles with addiction, I have also had time recovery and I know that life can be great drug-free... I really want my health back because it is so poor right now.

Upon quitting, I was taking 120mg oxycodone/day (down from 240 mg)
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-09-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Sundwn is offline Member

Poppin, you are doing great. What your going through sucks, no doubt about it. But look, your on day 4. You may well see a huge improvement tomorrow day 5. It has been the experience for many that CT WD,s on opiates usually last about 5 days. Days 3 and 4 being the worst. And, as you posted. You dear are on day 4. Congratulations. Here is the one caveat. Everybody is different. And the fact that you have been taking a class II med ( oxy ) as opposed to a class III med like ( Hydrochordone, narco,s, etc. ). Your malaise may be a bit longer. 6 to 8 days. Possibly .....But I believe you are getting close to some real relief. You need some nutrients. Lots of water ( flush it out ) the " Thomas recipe" for sure will still help. If your sleeping ok that's great. If not. The Valium or Xanax ( Thomas recipe ) is very helpful. But only for 5 to 6 days..clonedene would be better. Doc,s don't mind writing script for it. Please try and walk. I know it's hard. But you need to get endorphins flowing. Any kind of exercise will speed recovery........you are doing great. Post here and let us know how your dong....Sd....

pillpoppn is offline Banned

Thank you Sundwn!!

My bf dragged me to the whirlpool/sauna/pool yesterday which I am so happy for... He literally had to lift me out of bed and the car my body is so weak and sore

I managed to get through most of night 4 with just heavy bouts of sweats and some restless legs. I called my employer (again) and told them I'd be off a few days sick.

Today, since I am quite uncomfortable both mentally and physically I'm finding myself getting scary using thoughts. This is the first time in 5 days I will be left unsupervised for several hours. I just want to stay busy and comfortable so I don't obsess about pills.

My goal for the day is: a walk around the block (in the snow!!) and maybe a shower lol

Thanks again for your support; it helps more than you know!