Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes
Need tapering schedule or advice
    Outdoorsman50 is offline Junior Member

Cat,

You are exactly right on giving body time to adjust. My first drop was 50% + I needed to do that because I was out of control. After 4 days of 80mg I felt pretty good. Have been on 70mg now for 3 days and my body has not adjust to that yet, but I think it will in 2 more days. I will give it time. I think it's going to get harder as I go down, but I got to do it.
    When I started this I looked at it and said I got three choices.
    1 cold turkey, I felt like I could not do that cause I had to work long hours everyday.
    2 treatment, I know work and everyone else would know and didn't want to deal with that.
    3 taper , finding this site and getting support.

I could just feel it all coming to a head!!
    If I had not chose option 3. Option 1 and 2 west going to happen at some point in time and it would have not been my choice trouble was on the way one way or another.

Thank you so much for the support!
    Keep posting!
    Ming23 likes this.

I got to watch my spell check! Lol.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Outdoorsman
    Proud of u!!!!

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman50 View Post
    I got to watch my spell check! Lol.
    I'm sure you've seen/read that if we only look at the first and last letter of the word and we can read it. Well, west and was is a stretch but I'm pretty sure I got it from the context. I've had some pretty awful spell check bloops. Perhaps the most embarrassing was when I was texting to a client who is incredibly Catholic and conservative and typed in ConCom (for Conservation Committee) and it corrected to Condom. I hit send at the very second I saw it. I immediately texted again and just said, "Oops spell check. Sorry. Should be Conservation Committee". He texted me back with a smiley face. Oops for sure.

Hope you have a good day and I'll check on you later.

Peace,

Cat

Hello,

Ming23, thank you so much for the support I am trying.
    Cat, that was hilarious about your spell check. Lol!
    Wow another day come and gone. I had a great day at work. Cut down a little today took 65mg , so 65mg it is for a few days until my body adjust. still a lot but it is what is. Only one direction from here and that's down in mg. I pray. Can't wait to get to 20 mg then jump. I have a ways to go , but one day closer.
    New day tomorrow!

Thank you guy's so muck for the support!
    Keep posting!
    Ming23 likes this.

I forgot something!

Cat, I know now to get to 20mg I'm going to have put my big boy panties on. Lol !

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Outdoorsman
    Proud of you! Determination will get us through when nothing else will!
    You can do this! And you are!
    Plus you're setting a good example for others reading your posts who are also struggling!
    Keep going! We're here for ya!
    spacie1985 likes this.

Nice. You're getting this done. People who can taper totally amaze me. It takes so much discipline. I'm sure it feels like this is taking forever, but holy smokes--look how far you've come already! How are you feeling, OK? I think if you were able to cut by 50% your first reduction and get through it says you can do anything. Slowing down is a good idea. Better to be slower than have to go back up. Nicely done!

Peace,

Cat

Hello,

Another day just about over. Taday was challenging had the day off. Good news is I am going to make it through with 65mg. Yaaa!
    Tapering is very hard, it's like I am in a boxing match I'm in Round 3 getting the snot kicked out of me and someone says stop the fight and start over. I say no I can't start over , it's going to be hard enough to finish the fight.
    My body let's me know when I need a pill, I try to wait until is screams, then I go get one pill. That's the hardest part, only taking one.
    Like you said Ming23 " Determination will get us through when nothing else will ".
    Cat, I am feeling ok, getting through it good and bad. I am definitely going to stay at 65mg until my body and mine adjust. I'll be ok in a day or two!
    I will post again tomorrow evening.

Thank you guy's so much for the support, I am so grateful!

Hello,

Another day just about over. Taday was challenging had the day off. Good news is I am going to make it through with 65mg. Yaaa!
    Tapering is very hard, it's like I am in a boxing match I'm in Round 3 getting the snot kicked out of me and someone says stop the fight and start over. I say no I can't start over , it's going to be hard enough to finish the fight.
    My body let's me know when I need a pill, I try to wait until is screams, then I go get one pill. That's the hardest part, only taking one.
    Like you said Ming23 " Determination will get us through when nothing else will ".
    Cat, I am feeling ok, getting through it good and bad. I am definitely going to stay at 65mg until my body and mine adjust. I'll be ok in a day or two!
    I will post again tomorrow evening.

Thank you guy's so much for the support, I am so grateful!
    I love, love, love that analogy. It's so true! I guess that's why I never could taper and just went cold turkey. Go ahead and beat the snot outta me and get it over with. Shut the lights off and lock the door when you leave

Peace,

Cat

Hello

Another long day at work. I was just reflecting back to the day I made my first post 3-21-2016 11 days ago, wow how time Flys.
    I was so out of control on these pills. When you look a the pill bottle and see its getting low start chasing more can't run out no way. You get more you empty the first bottle take your finger stick it the bottle and round and round you go, You stick your finger back in your mouth get every last drop.
    If you break one in half you look at is and take the half you think is larger. Wow!!
    How stupid was I ???
    I'm not a bad guy, just got caught up in the pills. It can happen before you know it!
    I feel much better now that I'm tapering off them. 65mg again today.
    Cat, I thank two more days on 65mg then drop. That will be 5 days on 65mg. I don't know what mg dropping to yet , like you said stay comfortable and get it done.
    I'm going to get it done, just a little more time. If I had a week off from work I would just jump but it don't .

Thank you for the support !

Getting it done. Just taking it as slow as you need to is the best way. Listen, this didn't happen in a few weeks and it ain't apt to go away that quickly either. Each time you reduce and allow yourself some time, your body and mind begins to understand that this is what it's getting, so buck up Some drops may be easier than others but move forward either way and just know that you will level out. Take the time you need between reductions. If you need a break, it's even OK to remain at a dose for a day or two after you've leveled out. This is hard stuff. So long as you don't go up and you already know that.

You are gettin 'er done!

Peace,

Cat

My hydrocodone addiction started 3 years ago. I want to the Dr. Office complaining of back pain. He done x-ray and said I needed to see a surgeon. I told him I needed something for pain , so he prescribed my 30 / 7.5 hydro . Next month came, haven't seen surgeon yet, so he prescribed 30/ 7.5 hydro.
    Got in to see surgeon, he x-ray and said you have two options 1 , Take care of it and exercise don't let it get any worse.
    2, surgery . I chose option 1.
    I was scared of surgery.
    So I want back to my Dr. Told him I was going to manage it as long as possible needed more pills.
    Over time the scripts went from 30/ 7.5 hydro to 120 / 10 mg hydro. Per month.
    I started to like the way they make me feel.
    I had lots of energy and could work like a mule. So time went on and I started noticing I felt like s #£t in the morning so I would get up grab the pill bottle shake 2 or 3 out in my hand then down the hatch. Put the coffee on take a shower grab the pills out the door I went. On the way to work shake 2 or 3 more out into my hand and take them. I get to work ready to go.
    I thank I'm Superman....
    I'm running out quickly every month , so you find a friend and that is when I know that I had crossed the line. The first time I didn't get them from a Dr. Scared to death! !
    So time went on that got easier..
    Every time I would do it , I would say that's my last time but I kelp going.
    Tired of thinking about pills all the time, they had control of my live and I want it back.

Just airing out my dirty laundry!
    Still tapering 65mg today.

Thanks for the support!
    Catrina likes this.

Felt good to let that out, didn't it? Your story doesn't shock me. It's exactly like mine and many, many others. We didn't wake up one day and decide to become addicted to opiates. By the time we recognize and admit that we're in trouble, it's too late to un-do it. It becomes easier as time passes to do things like buy them and harder to quit. This cycle went on for almost 20 years for me and it became easier to buy them than to come up with yet another excuse to get more from my doctor. Every single day I would vow that it would be my last day using and then by night time I'd be in a panic about how I would get through tomorrow. Any excuse would do...until I found this Forum looking for an easier way to detox. I even delayed my own back surgery until February of this year.

Up until my last Day 1 over six years ago, I even used that as an excuse to be perfectly honest. Then once clean, I was better able to handle the pain with over the counter meds. When my back got so bad a little over a year ago and nothing was helping any more, I knew it was time for surgery. Thankfully, I had enough clean time that I was aware of the probability of being prescribed pain pills again post surgery and felt strong enough to be responsible. Turns out, even though I did get a big fat bottle when I was discharged from the hospital, I had no desire to even use them. I used 2 total (1 5mg pill at a time) and then got rid of them about a week after my surgery. I didn't even take anything except Tylenol in the hospital. It was more than doable. Six years ago, I would have been like a kid in a candy store and milked it for all it was worth.

I'm thankful everyday that the worst of it is a little stiffness that undoubtedly will go away too. This, my friend is what I hope for you and everyone else who has fallen in love with a pill. It has become one of my missions in life to continue to prove that although I am and always will be an addict, I can remain in recovery. It's a whole lot easier to be happy once we get our self respect back. That in itself is motivation.

Have a good weekend. You're taking less than half of what you were taking less than just a couple of weeks ago. I see another success story in the making right now. I am glad you found us and look for your post everyday. It's important for ME to see that you're on track and making such amazing progress.

Peace,

Cat
    Gonnawin likes this.

Cat,

Just a quick up date. I haven't had much time today, but feel like I need to post before bed.
    Cat, You don't know how much I appreciate you for sharing your story and support me. It means so much to me.
    I took 65 mg for four days and felt that I could cut down today, so I did. 60mg it's not much but it's still down, not up !!

Again , thank you for your support.
    Please keep posting!

Cat,

It was only a couple of weeks ago I was taking so many pills everyday some nights I was fighting to hold my eyes open scared to go to sleep in fear I would not wake up.
    My tapering plan I guss is to go down in mg when I feel that I can.
    When I commit to a drop in mg there is no going back.. ever! I'll never forget your words on that.

Yesterday I committed to 60mg and that's what I did.Today I tried to stay busy and not think of pills all day and took 50mg. I don't want to commit to 50mg at this time for tomorrow. I want to see how it goes, not to exceed 60mg and if I take 50mg then 50mg will be my new dose.
    It's a mental thing for me. I'm trying very hard.
    Does that make any sense?

Thank you for your support!!
    Catrina and spacie1985 like this.

Hello,

I just had to post before bed. This is the only support system I have got. Yesterday I took 50mg, so today I took 50mg didn't know if I could do it today but I kelp pushing myself .
    Back when I was taking 15 pills a day I would always say to myself if I could only take 5 pills a day I would be ok. I never could do it until I found this site. I am taking 5 pills now. It's not been easy but I got here. With the support of a you guys on this site.
    Going to stay at 50mg until I think I can drop again and take it from there.

Thanks for the support!
    Catrina likes this.

I posted to you yesterday. Honest I did but it's gone missing. That sometimes happens. I'm sorry if it seemed I left you but I didn't nor will I. As long as you are here and posting, I'll read and write back to you. That's a promise.

Wow. You made it down to 50 yesterday and stayed with it today. Pretty amazing stuff. I'm glad that if nothing else, you remember me saying to be sure you're ready when you reduce because you can never go back up...ever. It bears repeating right now because you might begin to find it necessary to stay at a dose for a little longer. You MIGHT, BUT maybe not. Don't worry about it or watch for it but be aware of it. Try to go with the flow and if some symptoms kick up, hang on tight and you will adjust even if it takes you a couple days longer. You may decide at some point to make a smaller reduction and that's perfectly OK. Think of it being all about percentages. 10% of 200 is 20 but 10% of 50 is only 5.

You've done such a wonderful job so just be patient. I know how anxious you are to get this over with but the best way is to take your time. You'll know when you feel well enough to make another reduction and you'll know when it's time to just jump and get it over with. Not yet but with the progress you're making, it won't be long.

Peace,

Cat

Lastchance186 is offline Member

I forgot something!

Cat, I know now to get to 20mg I'm going to have put my big boy panties on. Lol !
    Hello Outdoorsman

You are doing so great! I am so glad you choose to taper as well it does take a lot of determination....
    I wish I would have tapered instead of going cold turkey....

The most important thing about tapering is it give the brain a chance to heal along the way, as well....
    You are doing great though.... I admire you...

My psychologist, she is a recovery psychologist as well, said C/T is not a way should would advise....
    Chance of relapse is strong for most.....

Because the brain is sick, and those receptor are left screaming for the drug and it's cunning it will mirror all kinds of pain, depression, and other symptoms and some people just cannot handle it...

Everyone is different, I had no willpower to taper, I just wanted to use, use, and use... Until they were gone....

I know willpower comes from within, and to be clean for 20 some day for me is a start.... I fight the craving still everyday...
    Not to scare anyone this is just my experience, as I said everyone is different on here some people jump and never look back...
    Some people just disappear I often wonder what happen.... like I don't know....I pray for the best for them....

You are so awesome keep going, your day of freedom is coming....

You are a inspiration to anyone that wants to and can taper....

Cat,

I know you read and post back. You are a amazing person and I thank you for the advice and support!

I wanted to get to 50mg so bad, so I pushed with everything I had over the last couple of weeks. This is my third day on 50mg. I am going to stay put for a few days and let my body and mine adjust. I can feel my body slowly coming back to life, I am able to go to the bathroom every morning and sometimes once during the day, if I wait as long as possible before I take a pill.
    I still think about pills most of the day.

I am spreading them out , settings alarms on my phone not to take one until alarm goes off. What ever it takes! I am now trying to come up with a more strick mg schedule. Just to spread out a more even dose through out the day. I think that's going to help me reduce in mg from here. I am going to reduce by 5 mg from this point. No more big reductions! Like you said it's better to go slow than go back up.
    I have a whole new respect for " one day at a time".

Again, I thank you so much for that advice and support!

Cat,

I know you read and post back. You are a amazing person and I thank you for the advice and support!

I wanted to get to 50mg so bad, so I pushed with everything I had over the last couple of weeks. This is my third day on 50mg. I am going to stay put for a few days and let my body and mine adjust. I can feel my body slowly coming back to life, I am able to go to the bathroom every morning and sometimes once during the day, if I wait as long as possible before I take a pill.
    I still think about pills most of the day.

I am spreading them out , settings alarms on my phone not to take one until alarm goes off. What ever it takes! I am now trying to come up with a more strick mg schedule. Just to spread out a more even dose through out the day. I think that's going to help me reduce in mg from here. I am going to reduce by 5 mg from this point. No more big reductions! Like you said it's better to go slow than go back up.
    I have a whole new respect for " one day at a time".

Again, I thank you so much for that advice and support!
    It's a fact, my friend. We think we know what one day at time means...until we know what one day at a time means. We just need to get through today otherwise it's too overwhelming.
    Ming23 and spacie1985 like this.

Lastchance,

Tapering is very hard to do. I'm not to the end yet, but not going to start over. I look back a couple of weeks ago and say wow how did I get myself to that point. Well , I just kelp taking more and more. The more I would take over time the more I needed to function. You know what I mean.
    I also wanted to use , use , and use until they were gone. I had to make a decision. Cold turkey or taper.
    My hat is off to you guys that go cold turkey. By on means to say it is easy, because I know it was not. You do get it over with a lot quicker.
    Tapering does take a lot of determination.
    Just trying to figure it out as I go. I would not be this far if it was not for you guys on this site helping me along the way.

I thank you for the advice and your support!

Hello,

Another day come and gone. I made it again today on 50mg , so going to stay put a couple more day before another drop.
    This is my third day on 50mg.
    I don't have much energy, so tomorrow going to get something to start taking to help with that.
    I just wanted to post before bed.

Thanks guys for the support!

Hello,

Another day come and gone. I made it again today on 50mg , so going to stay put a couple more day before another drop.
    This is my third day on 50mg.
    I don't have much energy, so tomorrow going to get something to start taking to help with that.
    I just wanted to post before bed.

Thanks guys for the support!
    Sorry , day 4 on 50 mg.

Nicely done. Very wise to just stay put or now. Don't attempt another drop until you feel better. You made some significant drops quickly so just let yourself catch up with it. You will. Get a good multivitamin. B6 is good too. L-tryosine for energy but go slowly to see how it agrees with you. Most people have no trouble with it but it gave me the jitters. So, I still had no energy but was lackluster and jittery. Not the end of the world and if it works you'll be glad you tried it.

Another day in the books!

Peace,

Cat
    Ming23 likes this.

Cat,

Day five on 50mg. I went today and got multivitamin, b6, and l- tryosine. I started taking them today, so thanks for that advice.
    Once I get me energy back I'll be ok.
    Another day gone. When you are trying to do something like taper, you thank the day is never going to end, but before you no it its over. From the time I get up until sometimes after lunch , I think I'm not going to make it .
    Then around 1 or 2 pm I say to my self I got
    this, I'll be good for the rest of the day.
    I am finding is a little easier now not to worry about going back up in mg. I just got to keep going down in mg and will when the time is right!

Thank you so much for your support!

Hello,

Another day at 50mg, this is my sixth day.
    Going to do 50mg for two more days. That will be a total of 8 Days on 50mg. It will be time to drop again monday!

Cat,
    What do you think about the timing of my next drop. I feel ok, I think 8 Days at 50mg long enough? Going to drop to 45mg.

Thanks for the support!
    Catrina likes this.

Yes. If you're feeling good, it's time for another drop. I do think that 5mg this time would be wise. Hopefully you won't even feel it but stay there for several days at least before you do another drop. That's the point of a taper--to be able to function but still steadily reduce. You're doing great! I'm inspired!!!

Peace,

Cat

Hello,

It was only 21 days ago I was taking 150+ mg everyday, including Saturday and Sunday, everyday on the week. I was out of control.
    I make my first post here 21 days ago and started my tapering plan 20 days ago. I started with 80mg per day and went from there.
    Today I took my last 50mg. Tomorrow I will drop to 45mg and stay until I feel I can drop again.
    I am so glad I make that first post. All the support that I have got here help me get to this point. I am starting to get my life back. I still have a tuff road ahead, but I am focused on the finish line. Get off the pills and stay in recovery.

Thank you guy's so much for the advice and support!

Hello everyone,

It's been a little over a month ago since my last post. I got down to 45mg per day and got stuck in a rut.
    A couple of days last week I fell off the wagon and took more that that per day ,but I am now back on track.
    I want so bad to get off there pills but just can't seem to move along from here.
    I feel like s##t physical and mental.
    It's like when I got to 45mg I thought well I got this and just took my eye off the ball.
    I'm going to start start focusing on this 100% again.

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast