Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree52Likes
Need tapering schedule or advice
    Outdoorsman50 is offline Junior Member

Hello everyone,
    Today was like I just kelp taking then and kelp taking then. I took 70 to 80mg. And don't know why . I just can't taper on down off of there thinks. so I am going to take a week off work and go cold turkey starting tomorrow.
    I don't use these pills for back pain anymore I use them for energy to get me out of bed and work hard all day , it's sad but true.
    I am so tried of thinking of and chasing pills.
    I'm going for it.

Thank all you guys for the advice and support.
    Wish me luck!

Hello everyone,

My last post was on 5-23-16 I said I was going to take a week off and get clean, that didn't happen. I just wanted to post and let you guys know where I was at today, because if some of you guys are like me I like reading post and keeping up with some of them.
    You guys that gave me such great advice and support, I will be forever grateful!!
    My tapering plan, I got down to 40mg per day and lost focus. I was back and forth on anywhere from 40mg to 100mg per day just trying to stop.
    I finally did..
    Today is am 4 days clean and feel pretty good.

Thank you guy's for the support.
    spacie1985 likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome back and congratulations. You should be very proud of what you've accomplished. If this were easy, well I'd probably still be gobbling away knowing I could stop whenever I wanted to. Ain't so. Right?

In spite of some stumbles you are finishing up on your LAST day 4. Nicely done. I've missed you! Keep posting so I can keep up. I know I took a brief hiatus a month or so ago. Just life happening and I wasn't here as often as I should have been. But....I'm back too!

Keep on updating us. It's important for you and all of us.

Peace,

Cat

Hey Cat,

Today is day 7 clean... I got some good sleep last night. My legs finely settled down and did not hurt, so I am getting better.

My mine is been going back and forth between going back to taking bills , thanking if I could just control myself and take one or two a day, or keep fight to stay clean....
    I know what is best, so I keep fighting not to go back..

I look back when I first started taking hydrocodone for back pain . At first I was taking them for pain not thinking of using them to run 100 miles per hr. I remember the day I took one and it just felt different .
    I was like Wow I like this so it was on from there. I would work a mule all day come home cut the grass , wash the truck, Paint the house ask the wife if she need any think done get up the next day and start it all over again lol..
    The pills has control of me before I know it.

I want my old life back. I had lots of fun before bills.
    I am trying my best to get back to living life again with out these pills.

Cat , how long do you think it will be before I start to feel normal again ?

I thank you so much for your support!!
    Iluv2smile and Catrina like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman50 View Post
    Hey Cat,

Today is day 7 clean... I got some good sleep last night. My legs finely settled down and did not hurt, so I am getting better.

My mine is been going back and forth between going back to taking bills , thanking if I could just control myself and take one or two a day, or keep fight to stay clean....
    I know what is best, so I keep fighting not to go back..

I look back when I first started taking hydrocodone for back pain . At first I was taking them for pain not thinking of using them to run 100 miles per hr. I remember the day I took one and it just felt different .
    I was like Wow I like this so it was on from there. I would work a mule all day come home cut the grass , wash the truck, Paint the house ask the wife if she need any think done get up the next day and start it all over again lol..
    The pills has control of me before I know it.

I want my old life back. I had lots of fun before bills.
    I am trying my best to get back to living life again with out these pills.

Cat , how long do you think it will be before I start to feel normal again ?

You're doing great. Yes that pull is there once the awful acute symptoms finally pass. If you're already getting some sleep, that's a very good sign! I have to tell you that for several weeks I was only able to sleep no more than an hour at a time, usually less. Up for a few hours, sleep for 1/2 hr.

The lethargy following the acute symptoms will pass too. The more active you force yourself to be, the quicker you will begin to get some energy back. That's a fact! I would have to force myself into the shower and then take a break before I could dry my hair and get dressed. BUT once I got out of the house and just pushed, I had a bit more energy and managed to do whatever I had to get done. The honest answer, is 2-3 weeks and you will be MUCH better energy wise. Keep pushing through.

Those thoughts. I had those. Oh yes I did. THIS time I will keep control of myself. For about, oh a couple of hours and I was dipping into that dang bottle again. That cycle isn't pretty and to be honest, for almost all of us it's inevitable. The thoughts will become less frequent and will become quite easy to dismiss. I promise you it's true so long as you have more staying power than them. Consider them as you might someone who is trying to control you. Get stubborn and tell yourself, not happening!!

Nicely done on Day 7. Congratulations.

Peace,

Cat

Hey Cat,

Today is a 11 clean...
    I can't believe I made it this far. When I started this it was the first time that I did not take a pill 3 to 3 1/2 years. I took them everyday. Total focus in those pills. I can't believe I let myself get to that point , but I did.

I have forced myself to get out and walk since day one. I thank God I had some time I could take off work. I don't think I could have made it this far working .

I'm just taking it one day at a time. Make it through today and worry about tomorrow when it get here.

Everything you have told me has been dead on!!!

NellyHill77 and Catrina like this.

NellyHill77 is offline New Member

Yay! I can finally post!

I proud of you Outdoors (sorry, I don't know your name.) I'm on day 7 of wd and am still jumping out of my skin. Walking outside helps a lot! Keep posting, I'm excited to see you succeed.

NellyHill77

Thank you and congrats on day 7. Yes walking has helped a lot .
    Once I get myself up and outside and start moving it gets better.
    The wd are tuff to get over. You can do it! For me now it's the craving for the pill, just trying not to start back.

I'm trying very hard to stay off those pills and get my life back. I know you are to on day 7.

Hang in there!

Thank you!

Zennia is offline New Member

Default Subs withdraw

Can someone help w/ taper?

1bad636r is offline New Member

OK dude first man up. Sry but you are a man the name says outdoorsman sure you felt withdrawals before because every time you want to typer u get worked up over the fear of what's coming. OK I will explain myself and then how I kicked a 16 yr pill addiction. I am male 40 yrs old 6'1" 265 lbs I go to gym own my own business all that >>>> to stress u out. OK I got into pills for the money straight out I seen how addictive they were and wanted in permit customers what's better. Only need couple good ones so I thought I live in a drug infestive city Lowell Ma I still remember crack hitting the streets like wild fire. My eyes lite up and turned green I was 12. We had you u mass in my back yard with rich kids parents sending money every week jack pot. How to get on campus sell drugs deliver pizza to them bingo open a pizza shop right next door to biggest dorm. 17 I was driving brand new 5.0 Mustang having my own apartment ok enough of that life after 28 yrs and a divorce. Time to grow up life could be all fun but not going to be around long. Something changed I wanted off and out driving around with employees and hundreds of percs started to get to me. Trust me I love pills I love them all ummmmmmm, lol. OK I found a friend needed cash for her benzo's so I bought them all of them and then I looked at her roommate and asked her do u want cash or your benzos cash is king baby. OK cleaned my condo top and bottom I was on 24mg subs everyday 6 yrs and mix in 50 mg methadone no benzos in my life I love to live. No depression ever. OK so I went shopping gallons of water vitamins sport drinks snacks red meat fruits vegetables all that midol lol ibuprofen all that good >>>> something so you don't poop when you fart yes it happens. Lol ok no jk flushed 75 8mg subs over a hundred 10 mg methadone pills that night no drinking yet u will soon enough ok 2 1 mg kpin off to see the sandman. Woke up no withdrawals I don't even bother getting out of bed if I didn't set up my can of Pepsi and sub for the morning eye opener ok jumped out grabbed 2 kpin off to work after eating good really good. By noon 2 more kpin no withdrawals stomach was hurting legs started to walk away on me but nothing like that I want to die or plez God take to your condo in the sky. Went home alone 2 kpin dinner alone in front of TV. Crashed out woke up 430 am no alarm like normal feed dogs cat bird all that myself 2 kpin off to work I went well 5 weeks later only took kpin and flush with water 2 weeks. had to take piss test 3rd week. No drugs watched all the little pink lines light up funny same feeling I had when a girl I don't like is peeing on a stick in front of me lol. OK dude man up fart sht your pants a couple times get some benzos water all that sucks it up and do it. I changed my number started dating a old friend from when I was a kid not going to lie my emotions are all over but I can smell everything taste food come to find out after 28 yrs I don't like how seafood taste and I can cook really good I love Mexican and Italian restaurants. funny I am all Irish but what ever. Life goes on dude suck it up hang in there and remember we all go through it I feel fine I don't want to fight anymore making love is a jk right now on my behalf sucks to she has such a hot little ass love tiny women. OK dude get benzos vitamins food poop pills so when friends or your girl comes over they want think u have a cat problem. Suck it up be a man we all took them for energy hell I was he- man on them plus all the roid's I was taking omg. OK dude u will be fine it took USMC after high school for my short but very fun crack addiction lol. Then 16 yrs of chewing pain pills lost my wife my cottage on a beautiful Lake all that fun >>>>. I told no one I never asked nobody in my life for help I rather die shoot me in my head plez before I beg for a job or a dollar from no man. U can do it life is the same just a little boring like now. Think this is why I am writing all this >>>> I would never if I took my orange little life saver. but fck it dude. I can't even believe the music I liked not even sure that was music. Food smell how talk to people and treat them money well that's could go both ways I guess I miss it but still write myself my own checks just have to really work for it now but what ever. So so long just wanted u to know. All of us and 25 million suckers in this country all felt what u are feeling right now. good luck dude stay strong it's over before summer then all the Beers and vodka your liver can handle get that sun in your face a big breath and get LAID. Amen brother

1bad636r is offline New Member

Don't forget the Beers and vodka that will help with the getting laid thing

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad636r View Post
    OK dude first man up. Sry but you are a man the name says outdoorsman sure you felt withdrawals before because every time you want to typer u get worked up over the fear of what's coming. OK I will explain myself and then how I kicked a 16 yr pill addiction. I am male 40 yrs old 6'1" 265 lbs I go to gym own my own business all that >>>> to stress u out. OK I got into pills for the money straight out I seen how addictive they were and wanted in permit customers what's better. Only need couple good ones so I thought I live in a drug infestive city Lowell Ma I still remember crack hitting the streets like wild fire. My eyes lite up and turned green I was 12. We had you u mass in my back yard with rich kids parents sending money every week jack pot. How to get on campus sell drugs deliver pizza to them bingo open a pizza shop right next door to biggest dorm. 17 I was driving brand new 5.0 Mustang having my own apartment ok enough of that life after 28 yrs and a divorce. Time to grow up life could be all fun but not going to be around long. Something changed I wanted off and out driving around with employees and hundreds of percs started to get to me. Trust me I love pills I love them all ummmmmmm, lol. OK I found a friend needed cash for her benzo's so I bought them all of them and then I looked at her roommate and asked her do u want cash or your benzos cash is king baby. OK cleaned my condo top and bottom I was on 24mg subs everyday 6 yrs and mix in 50 mg methadone no benzos in my life I love to live. No depression ever. OK so I went shopping gallons of water vitamins sport drinks snacks red meat fruits vegetables all that midol lol ibuprofen all that good >>>> something so you don't poop when you fart yes it happens. Lol ok no jk flushed 75 8mg subs over a hundred 10 mg methadone pills that night no drinking yet u will soon enough ok 2 1 mg kpin off to see the sandman. Woke up no withdrawals I don't even bother getting out of bed if I didn't set up my can of Pepsi and sub for the morning eye opener ok jumped out grabbed 2 kpin off to work after eating good really good. By noon 2 more kpin no withdrawals stomach was hurting legs started to walk away on me but nothing like that I want to die or plez God take to your condo in the sky. Went home alone 2 kpin dinner alone in front of TV. Crashed out woke up 430 am no alarm like normal feed dogs cat bird all that myself 2 kpin off to work I went well 5 weeks later only took kpin and flush with water 2 weeks. had to take piss test 3rd week. No drugs watched all the little pink lines light up funny same feeling I had when a girl I don't like is peeing on a stick in front of me lol. OK dude man up fart sht your pants a couple times get some benzos water all that sucks it up and do it. I changed my number started dating a old friend from when I was a kid not going to lie my emotions are all over but I can smell everything taste food come to find out after 28 yrs I don't like how seafood taste and I can cook really good I love Mexican and Italian restaurants. funny I am all Irish but what ever. Life goes on dude suck it up hang in there and remember we all go through it I feel fine I don't want to fight anymore making love is a jk right now on my behalf sucks to she has such a hot little ass love tiny women. OK dude get benzos vitamins food poop pills so when friends or your girl comes over they want think u have a cat problem. Suck it up be a man we all took them for energy hell I was he- man on them plus all the roid's I was taking omg. OK dude u will be fine it took USMC after high school for my short but very fun crack addiction lol. Then 16 yrs of chewing pain pills lost my wife my cottage on a beautiful Lake all that fun >>>>. I told no one I never asked nobody in my life for help I rather die shoot me in my head plez before I beg for a job or a dollar from no man. U can do it life is the same just a little boring like now. Think this is why I am writing all this >>>> I would never if I took my orange little life saver. but fck it dude. I can't even believe the music I liked not even sure that was music. Food smell how talk to people and treat them money well that's could go both ways I guess I miss it but still write myself my own checks just have to really work for it now but what ever. So so long just wanted u to know. All of us and 25 million suckers in this country all felt what u are feeling right now. good luck dude stay strong it's over before summer then all the Beers and vodka your liver can handle get that sun in your face a big breath and get LAID. Amen brother
    Not inspirational or motivational at all.....

PS
    Outdoorsman50 - stay away from the benzos! You wanna know how bad benzos can be, go read some posts in the Benzodiazepine Withdrawal forum? Best wishes... God bless us all!

Hey Cat,

Today is a 11 clean...
    I can't believe I made it this far. When I started this it was the first time that I did not take a pill 3 to 3 1/2 years. I took them everyday. Total focus in those pills. I can't believe I let myself get to that point , but I did.

I have forced myself to get out and walk since day one. I thank God I had some time I could take off work. I don't think I could have made it this far working .

I'm just taking it one day at a time. Make it through today and worry about tomorrow when it get here.

Everything you have told me has been dead on!!!

Congratulations! Soooo good to see that you're plugging along. I bet you're proud of yourself and you should be. One has to experience this to know what it's all about. We try to put words to it, but they just aren't adequate. The good news is that once you begin to get your energy back and feel better all around, there's no word to describe that either except perhaps for joyous freedom. (OK that's two words. I'm excited for you.)

YAY for you.

Peace,

Cat

Hello everyone,

1bad336r,
    I got to hand it to you " man up take it like a man".
    Brother that's what I'm doing . I'm 12 days clean today my friend !!

Some of your other comments like Benzos and booze... that's not for me. I'm here because I have a hydrocodone addiction.
    No problem with the getting laid , don't need booze for that either .
    I came to this site to talk about hydrocodone addiction, nothing else..

I have a great life no other problems, but the hydro addiction.. and I'm working on that .

Rick71 and cat,

Thank you guy's for the support. You guys know what it's like to go through this.
    Wow I getting excited now. I didn't thank I would make it this far..

Ya'll have a good weekend!!

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Hello everyone,

1bad336r,
    I got to hand it to you " man up take it like a man".
    Brother that's what I'm doing . I'm 12 days clean today my friend !!

Some of your other comments like Benzos and booze... that's not for me. I'm here because I have a hydrocodone addiction.
    No problem with the getting laid , don't need booze for that either .
    I came to this site to talk about hydrocodone addiction, nothing else..

I have a great life no other problems, but the hydro addiction.. and I'm working on that .

Rick71 and cat,

Thank you guy's for the support. You guys know what it's like to go through this.
    Wow I getting excited now. I didn't thank I would make it this far..

Ya'll have a good weekend!!
    Congrats on 12 days, that's awesome! Keep it up and stay strong! Take care... God bless us all!

NellyHill77 is offline New Member

12 days is AWESOME!!!! Congrats!!!!!

NellyHill77

Thank you and congrats to you also.
    I read some of your post glad to see you are doing good also!

I'm 16 days in today!!!
    I am getting out and walk everyday. I think I am addicted to that now . lol!

I still have those craving, but am hanging it.

Thank you for the support!!

Anonymous Guest

Outdoors...

Just checking in and giving you my best wishes for your continued abstinence - one day at a time. Its a huge thing to begin the journey of finding your clear headed true self again. The opiate therapy feels good at first and for some - like me - its like getting a warm hug from inside out - then comes the dependence and the fear of not having it - then the break through moment - I call it grace entering my life (again) some say a moment of clarity - when the universe opens itself up to the opportunity to put the crutches away and though a struggle to regain the freedom of an opiate free existence... I've been to hell & back so many times the devil asks me for directions.
    Much continued prayers for your success.
    John Alec.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123