Never again!
    never_again is offline New Member

Default Never again!

Hey everyone. I went through several years of allowing my Dr to prescribe stronger and stronger pain med for my back pain which they could never find out WHY it actually caused me such pain! Started with the low test Vicodins, increased dosages as they began not to work then off to the oxycontins until they wore out then the fentanyl patches and up in dosages with oxycodone HCL for additional pain management.

Well I am 54, have Hep c as well and went through a debilitating treatment for that two years ago which left me permanently disabled. So out of work now, thankfully had a a disability policy. enuff of that ..the points here are I reached a point where I literally felt the opiates sucking the life out of me. I had no appetite, no sex drive, depressed and stressed to the hilt over internal family issues with my grown kids. I was waking up everyday with my first thoughts "I am dying" I got to do something.

Went to me and asked him to detox me. HE cant do it he said he doesnt have a license for the detox meds! WHAT???
    They allow these docs to prescribe pain meds that could kill a horse but dont allow them to prescribe suboxone or methadone to someone who WANTS to get off? Unbelievable.

Fast forward ...I found a clinic nearby that is licensed and started detoxing with suboxone 12MG. I told them I wanted off in 6 weeks and they told me forget that. OK so I did it in 11 weeks and 8 days ago took my last dose. I was down to 1/2 a mg and let me tell you, I still went though the withdrawals! Maybe I did it too fast cutting down but I really wanted off. Restless leg syndrome was driving me nuts. Doc prescribed neurontin and that helped but still cant fall asleep until 4 -5 am. Crazy train is coming to a final halt at the next stop and unless I am in excruciating pain for a long period of time and on my knees asking God for help would I ever consider letting doctors haphazardly prescribe pain meds for a condition that they dont know the cause of. ITS A COP OUT FROM DOING THEIR JOB.

Never Again. Cant wait till I feel like my old self again. Jump the Crazy train if you can. Its a trip to nowhere.

blueopiate is offline Member

Sorry you are feeling so bad. I tried suboxone many times but found it kept my mind in the opiate lifestyle. I to had a doctor pretty liberal with the script pad. He would write lortabs and perks at the same time! 100's at a time! I would feast then suffer. I went the cholodine protocol this time around. Day 9, longest I have been without any type of opiate since I can remember. I knew as I tapered the sub that a storm was waiting for me. I seriously think that drug is more evil than pain meds in some respects. It's never prescribed correctly, no one should start out at 2-3 strips a day, that's what they told me. I took half a strip and was high from it the first time. But after that, never felt it again. Some call it methadone lite. If you can, and are healthy to take cholodine I strongly suggest it. I have had very little RLS from it and not hot/cold flashes. It is about 75% effective for me but it works differently on everyone. Good luck to you and keep you dukes up.

Sam4499 is offline New Member

Blue...you seem to be nailing it. Good for you ; ). 9 days is huge. The stuff should be out of your system. Now the tough mental fight is on. I'm sure every day will get better.

Do you do the B6, B12 and L-tyrosine and multi-vitamin for energy? You should. I started with those and Gatorade. The herbal Keaton is helping, too. But it's only for the first 7 day of w/d to get you through the worst part. You should be done with the hardest physical part. Know the mental. If you were at all like me you were probably not getting off on them that much anymore and took them out of habit and to avoid the w/d. I weaned for 2 weeks before and I think it helped. And I won't call back or text any of my friends who supplied me. I have to avoid them. I'm done with this stuff. Seriously done chasing and stressing when I get low. It's exhausting. I'm tired. I just want to be stone sober and get my natural social and coping skills back. Probably take awhile but I'm ready.

I'm happy for you. It's sounds like you have the demon by the throat. Don't let go. Everyday we'll get a little easier for all of us. Good luck!!

blueopiate is offline Member

Sam - I'm seriously waging war in my head most the day. I am taking multi-vitamin, B-complex, milk thinsel, l-tyrosine, and just added fish oil. Saw a youtube video where a guy swears that fish oil will get rid of the chills. I sure hope so cause I'm cold as ice. I have been tempted badly but keep thinking I don't want to go back to day 1. I may have it by the throat but my head is still in it's mouth. My Desolate Passenger is doing jumping jacks in my head.

Sam4499 is offline New Member

blue....you got it. Just hang in. The vitamins will help. I weaned and I am taking kratom. It's an herbal supplement to ease opioid withdrawal. It gives you stimulant energy and kills cravings. You only do it for 7-10 days. It's not a drug. It's a legal, natural herb. You get it at herbal stores. Low dose it's a stimulant effect. Higher dose it's a more euphoric effect. I bought just 7 days supply. It seems to be working. I have zero cravings, but I am highly motivated. Everything in my life has been destroyed including a $100k a year job. My wife is sticking by me. Google Reilly Johnson and you can get his PDF book about herbal supplements. I can't find any articles saying its unsafe. It's working for me. Helps really well with rls and mental focus. Give it a try. It can't hurt. It's helping me enough to share it here. Best part is that 7 days is $20. Sure beats buying off the street vikes and perks. And Ambien helps for sleep like gold. You sound more in control than you give yourself credit for. You're gonna do it bro. I'm here if you need to chat or talk. Sharing is the best therapy.

My goal is in 7 days to take an OTC opioid test and show my wife my results. That's gonna make me feel awesome. Or do what Ive done. I haven't bought of the street in 2 weeks. I bought my wife and kids some little gifts. It mad me feel unselfish and made them feel like I cared again. And I still have money in my pocket. Try it. You said you have kids, I thought. Look at the look on your kid's face when their parent gives them something. Bottle up that feeling and use it to fight the demon. I guarantee you'll feel great for a few hours. Good luck ; ).