• 2 Post By AlmostOver
  • 1 Post By Rachelle1stbb
  • 3 Post By AlmostOver
  • 2 Post By Rachelle1stbb
  • 2 Post By AlmostOver
New Here
    AlmostOver is offline New Member

Default New Here

Hi everyone! I am new to posting, but not necessarily new to reading the forums on this site.

A little about me.... I have been on pain medication (norco) off and on since 2008.But completely ON since 2009. Started with needing a hysterectomy at the age of 25, then it seemed one thing after another happened, and they included my doctors shoving pain medicine down my throat. I have had 3 knee surgeries (09, 10, and 13), with the last one being a huge surgery. They had to break my leg and realign everything. I need to have my knee replaced according to my orthopedic doc, but since I am in my 30's, they are trying to get me to at least my 40's before they will do it. Hence my issue.

I have legit pain. I have never taken more then prescribed, and I don't take my medicine to get high. I actually HATE that feeling. Weird, I know. I go to pain management because my knee just hurts all the time, and I get prescribed 120 norco a month (4 times a day). I kept swearing I was going to come off of them because they don't even help with my pain anymore. My doc told me several times when I told him I wanted to be done that I was fine, my liver was fine, and if I was in pain I need to take them. If the doc says it, it must be true... Right? Eh, not thinking so anymore.

Long story short, I finally got him to stop prescribing the Norco 10s and am now on the 5/325. I have FINALLY tapered down to 1 a day. That's it. Just one 5/325 a day. And that's recent, as in last Friday that started. I felt like >>>>, but not as bad as some of those whose posts I have read on here. And I contribute that to slow tapering. Today, I have only taken a HALF of a 53/325 at that was a good 6 hours ago. So I am wondering if I can keep it at a half or if I will give in.

This has been nothing short of crazy will power and determination. I so easily want to just take a couple to get rid of this ridiculous headache and feel "normal" I don't want the high, but I currently don't feel like I usually do. Actually, I have forgotten how it feels to NOT be on pain meds.

I only decided to create an account and post because everyone seems to be in the same boat in one way or the other, and I feel a little less alone.

Thanks for reading!
    Rachelle1stbb and DravenDomnq like this.

Rachelle1stbb is offline Member

Hi AlmostOver,
    It sounds like you're already doing really well! Were you taking 4 a day as of last Friday? What are your symptoms like aside from malaise and the headache? If you can I would really try to continue half tablet a day depending on how you feel. It is nice having people to talk to that have all been through the same or similar experience. Let us know how you're feeling over the next few days, stay strong and try to keep busy to keep your mind occupied, I know I HAVE TO keep busy or my thoughts get the best of me and I don't want them convincing me to back slide.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Hi Rachelle! I was at 2.5 pills a day when I jumped down to just one. And prior to that I went from 4 to 2.5 without completely realizing it. Almost like my body had just had enough. Today at work I have been fairly okay, I am usually super busy at work so that's a nice distraction.

Really I just feel run down and crazy bad headache. The other night it felt like my skin was crawling, but not a super bad feeling. Just enough to make me feel uncomfortable. I stared at my pill bottle thinking if I just took one, that feeling would go away. I opted for some Advil PM instead and finally fell asleep after several hours. I am just ready for it to be completely over.

Mind if I ask you story? If that's too personal, I understand!!

Hey Almost,I think you're doing great and the fact that your busy at work is a huge help during times like this! Night time and sleep may feel like when your symptoms are at there worst. I too take Benadryl at night to try and get sleepy sometimes it works and sometimes not. I'm currently going through a subutex taper and I'm 28wks pregnant. I'm working hard to be subutex free by delivery on March 21st. I know a lot of women have given birth to healthy babies that were just fine on subutex but I choose to be off of it instead. I have to be careful not to go into heavy withdrawal as I don't want to do anything to hurt my baby that's why I'm using the taper method. I've been on 1.5mg for 2 days and I am uncomfortable but I'm doing my best. I have been through addiction with pain killers like yours in the past and also methadone which I successfully won the battle with. I have no doubt that you'll be back to feeling like your old self in a short time and you'll be so thankful that you decided to do this so keep your head up! Keep me updated on how you're doing.
    DravenDomnq and AlmostOver like this.

Good for you!!! And congrats on your pregnancy!!

I appreciate your kind words and they mean a lot! I struggled with alcohol in my 20's. Went to rehab because I had become accustomed to drinking so much for so long, I couldn't just stop. Now I can take one drink and walk away (and I rarely take a drink at all). But now with the pills, I am thinking I clearly have some sort of addiction problem. Which is hard to accept.

I feel okay this morning. I just took my one half of a 5/325. I have a nasty sinus infection on top of everything else, which I guess works cause I can hide my not feeling well pretty easily.
    Rachelle1stbb and DravenDomnq like this.

zebra1961 is offline Member

Default Almostover

Check the websites for tapers you are feeling withdrawals [ you probably already know that ] some one can help you with taper to keep WDs at very light good luck keep us posted.

Hey Almost, how are you feeling? Are you still doing the half of a 5/325? Hope your sinus infection is clearing up and you aren't feeling too bad. When you get a chance give me an update.

grandma -bk is offline Member

after a 16 yr opiod addiction when I quit 3 months ago I got nasty sinus and dry tickle cough..this is part of the withdrawls...mine lasted for over 2 months..but I had a longer worse addiction...

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey AlmostOver, welcome to the forums! I had a really hard tapering, was able to stabilize when I tapered and was still on some higher doses, but once I got down more was rarely able to do so. We all metabolize things differently though, so hopefully it won't be nearly as hard for you. I always dealt with a lot of sinus stuff, and still occasionally do. I also was on a very high dose of Oxy, and when I made the jump was still on a pretty hefty amount. You're doing great getting down to where you are!! One thing that really helped me was the information in the Thomas Recipe Thread (link included). Hope you continue to hang in there and keep posting! Have a great day, and be well!!

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html