Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lostinspace91
New here
    Lostinspace91 is offline New Member

Default New here

Hello I'm new here and was looking for some help. I've been taking pain killers for about 10 years now and the last 6 months or so I'm just completely drained of energy if I don't take pills. What's weird is I don't have withdrawals like other people I don't get sick or anything like that all I get is cravings and the lack of energy. I've gone as long as 2 weeks without taking any and still didn't get back to feeling normal. Wondering if anyone has been through something similar.
    Catrina likes this.

Dylberts is offline New Member

Hi Lost,

You're not alone! As far as not going through any serious withdrawals, consider that a blessing that shouldn't be looked pass! It's great that you do not experience the insomnia, RLS, sweats, and other terrible symptoms. However, those cravings and lack of energy are generally considered post withdrawals which can last a bit longer.

The good news!
    If you can last two weeks without pain mediciation and not experience severe withdrawals, so it's time to officially quit while you still can!

I strongly suggest you stop your pain medication again, if you're capable, and talk to your doctor about vitamins or supliments that'll help give you the energy you're missing due to post withdrawals. The cravings may last a month or even potentially longer, have the right mind set and the right vitamins to push you through!

I'm so happy to hear you've decided it's time and for whatever reason have been gifted with minor withdrawals syndrome, lol..

Good luck, I have a feeling this is it for you!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-21-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lostinspace91 View Post
    Hello I'm new here and was looking for some help. I've been taking pain killers for about 10 years now and the last 6 months or so I'm just completely drained of energy if I don't take pills. What's weird is I don't have withdrawals like other people I don't get sick or anything like that all I get is cravings and the lack of energy. I've gone as long as 2 weeks without taking any and still didn't get back to feeling normal. Wondering if anyone has been through something similar.
    Give it more time. For most of us, there are some acute symptoms during the first 5 days or so of detox. Once that passes, it takes more time for good sleep patterns to return and to regain an acceptable level of energy. All of it is wrapped up together....lack of good sleep leaves us tired and depressed. The cravings will begin to diminish too and I think this is also linked into just feeling off. We know that if we take a couple of pills, we'll feel better, more energized. Just better. So we begin to obsess about it. If you stay strong and hang in there, things should turn around in another week or so. I've been down this road many times. By week 3 I began to get some good sleep--not a lot but much better. By 4 weeks, I was sleeping 5 or 6 hrs a night and that went a long way in getting me feeling better. I'm sorry to say that there are no short cuts. Drink plenty of water and eat a protein rich diet. Find and buy some L-tyrosine. GNC might have it or you can order it on line. It helps to boost your energy. Melatonin or Valarian root will help to relax you and might even induce sleep. Cheap so worth a try. Sleepy Time Tea brewed strong might help too. Look for and read the Thomas Recipe. It's a list of vitamins and supplements that will help. It's attached to these Forums or you can use your web browser to find it.

Good luck. You can do this and it will be well worth it to have your freedom!

Peace,

Cat

Anders, I posted a huge response in your other thread, and it got deleted....

I was able to save the second post where you mentioned fear of wds and that you took "100 pounds" of your doc a day.

Wait what? 100 pounds a day? I highly doubt you'd be here typing....maybe you mean 100 pills? Look everyone has the fear of and for withdrawls. But you gotta pay the piper one way or another and look at subs as your discount on paying that price, cause it's not free. Its a tool. Theres no magic bullet or cure. Point blank period. Don't even think, fathom, or believe that for a second. You have 3 choices, go CT (needs lots of will power and strength), sub taper therapy with group support (try robert plan), or keep using (which is obviously not recommended lol). Its simple. Pick either one of the first two and STICK TO IT! You can do this ander! Im
    Currently on a sub taper plan now and have been for 14 days. It's working great and wonders for me coming off a 100-150 10/325 vico habit a day!! If I can do it, trust me, you can too! If you truly CT'd off a 100 pill a day habit, my friend, you have a pair! Cause I had a 100-150 day habit and no F'ing chance in hell would I have survived CT, without subs. You're in the mental mind game stage now....keep yourself and your mind occupied...go do things. Walk, talk, hike, email, surf the net, play call of duty, park, friends, maybe even see a therapist?! You have to keep your mind busy so you have time to retrain your brain to live without your doc. You must change your habits and ways. Having what got you into this mess lying around IS NOT going to help you. Good luck and keep posting. God Bless
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-10-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylberts View Post
    Hi Lost,

You're not alone! As far as not going through any serious withdrawals, consider that a blessing that shouldn't be looked pass! It's great that you do not experience the insomnia, RLS, sweats, and other terrible symptoms. However, those cravings and lack of energy are generally considered post withdrawals which can last a bit longer.

The good news!
    If you can last two weeks without pain mediciation and not experience severe withdrawals, so it's time to officially quit while you still can!

I strongly suggest you stop your pain medication again, if you're capable, and talk to your doctor about vitamins or supliments that'll help give you the energy you're missing due to post withdrawals. The cravings may last a month or even potentially longer, have the right mind set and the right vitamins to push you through!

I'm so happy to hear you've decided it's time and for whatever reason have been gifted with minor withdrawals syndrome, lol..

Good luck, I have a feeling this is it for you!
    Great advice Dylberts. Couldn't have said t better myself!!

dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

That's not weird at all. Depends on your dose, maybe you are taking less than what is needed to go through all out full WD.

Typically, the story of stopping opiates is not 5-6 days of hell, and then on day 7 u wake up sun shining, rainbows, all is good. It's 5 days of acute WD, and then probably 3-5 weeks of slow recovery of mood/motivation/energy/sleep/appetite. It's usually not in the acute WD's that ppl relapse IMO - ppl are usually well-knowledgeable of what they are in for when they decide to CT, and can see the light at the end of the tunnel of acute WD. However, it's that slow recovery of energy, retraining your brain to not rely on opiates for everything when you run into trouble, etc that is where many ppl faulter in their attempt to stop the opiates, like I did myself when I went 3 weeks and then relapsed by first real attempt at a CT a year ago. It was definitely the lingering fatigue that got to me, even though I was turnign a real corner at the 3 week mark I convinced myself that 2-3 5mg oxycodone a day to get my energy back faster and then drop that small habit no sweat no problems after 1-2 weeks was a good idea.... not so much... total relapse.

So, perhaps you are taking a weaker pain killer, at a weaker dose, or have enough days go by where you take less so that the body's physical dependence isn't bad enough that you develop florid awful WD for a couple days, but the dose and mental part is likely still high enough that stopping them will take a couple weeks of slow recovery of energy and mood.

There is a famous addictionologist that got off opiates himself, forget his name it's like Dr. Junig or something like that, but a lot of ppl follow him around the Internet, one of his quotes that a lot of ppl repeat is "getting off ANY opiate is a 6-8 week process". Probably very very true, but it's not like 8 weeks of hell. It's a slow recovery to 100% and you will feel better each day after perhaps a first week that is rough but then steady improvement back to your old self day by day.

Hang in there.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-21-2017 at 02:52 PM.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Hello Lost, hopefully you will check back in soon? Let us know what pain meds you are taking and how much per day? Also list any other meds that you are taking, for how long and how much? If you don't experience withdrawal symptoms when you are off the pain meds for an extended period of time then I suspect that your pain med dose isn't that high or something else that you are taking is masking the withdrawals?

Cravings and lack of energy among other things are completely normal when you quit opiates. These things do improve but can take weeks or even months to do so?

Update when you can? Take care... God bless us all!

Lostinspace91 is offline New Member

I take about 90mgs of Percocet a day when I can get them. I'm just a little scared like I said I've been doing this since I was 16. Just the lack of energy and depression are really start to get to me.

Hi space- could you go to a na meeting in your town? I have been to meetings all over and they are a really supportive group of people where you could get some support. If you are clean I would really try to stay clean and the program's probably your best bet. I wouldn't entertain subs with the amount you are using if you don't experience the other withdrawal symptoms. It would just be trading one drug for another and there is no euphoria. This too shall pass one day at a time!

dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

I take about 90mgs of Percocet a day when I can get them. I'm just a little scared like I said I've been doing this since I was 16. Just the lack of energy and depression are really start to get to me.
    Read my reply. Your lack of energy is normal for the process of getting off. Each day will get better, however. My first CT attempt the acute WD's were actually cake.... I had clonidine, benzos, sleeping meds, etc.... slept through most of it and 3 days it was over. But it took 3 weeks for my energy/sleep/appetite to really come around.

Trust me, you are not the exception with the energy issues. Everyone goes through it when they are coming off a long or large habit where they were using opiates as a serious crutch in their life (use before guests would come over, use if feeling bad, use if didn't sleep enough last night, use before plane ride, use before car trips, etc etc)