Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Beautiful Disaster07
New here looking for support opiates & suns. Double post for exposure
    Beautiful Disaster07 is offline Junior Member

Default New here looking for support opiates & suns. Double post for exposure

Hello all! I’m going to try to make this as short as possible. I have been in suboxone since October after battling an addiction to pain medication for a few years. I have struggled with depression my ENTIRE life, I’m talking since elementary school. Not surprisingly I e had substance abuse issues on and off since about 14 years old (in my late 30s) now.

I started subs at 8mg once daily. I went down to 6mg fairly quickly. I did this bc I felt pressure to taper quickly due to finances. When I started taking subs I felt normal for maybe the first time in my life. I began slipping back into my normal
    State of dysthymia once I went down to 6mg. I don’t know if this was coincidental or a legit reaction to the decrease. Since that time I find myself
    Playing with the doses so I can lower my tolerance and then increase again so that I have what I consider to be a normal level of energy and ability to focus. Oh and perhaps most importantly, no low mood. So this week I switched doctors (this one requires less visits and therefore is less money out of my pocket.
    I spoke to the dr about my depression and that I only respond partially to lexapro, an ssri that I have been on for years. We decided that based upon my symptoms and history or drug use, I also ha r a dopamine and norepinephrine deficiency. Now I have ALWAYS had this deficiency and just imagine how much worse I’ve made it by self medicating I with opiates. I return to the doc in four weeks at which time we will assess weather or not to increase the Wellbutrin. My hope is to improve my mood with the Wellbutrin and then begin tapering off the subs. I’m hoping with some relief from my depression it won’t be as tempting for me to play with my dose in an attempt to “feel better “. I also began taking DLPA a
    Few weeks ago to help with dopamine production. I would love support,guidance and accountability from you all. I’ve been. Lurking and appreciate all of your stories! I am awe of some if the strength and determination that I have seen in you all. I hope to have those attributes some time in the near future...thanks everyone who took the time to read. Hope to hear from you all!!!
    mrshl5000 likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Disaster07 View Post
    Hello all! I’m going to try to make this as short as possible. I have been in suboxone since October after battling an addiction to pain medication for a few years. I have struggled with depression my ENTIRE life, I’m talking since elementary school. Not surprisingly I e had substance abuse issues on and off since about 14 years old (in my late 30s) now.

I started subs at 8mg once daily. I went down to 6mg fairly quickly. I did this bc I felt pressure to taper quickly due to finances. When I started taking subs I felt normal for maybe the first time in my life. I began slipping back into my normal
    State of dysthymia once I went down to 6mg. I don’t know if this was coincidental or a legit reaction to the decrease. Since that time I find myself
    Playing with the doses so I can lower my tolerance and then increase again so that I have what I consider to be a normal level of energy and ability to focus. Oh and perhaps most importantly, no low mood. So this week I switched doctors (this one requires less visits and therefore is less money out of my pocket.
    I spoke to the dr about my depression and that I only respond partially to lexapro, an ssri that I have been on for years. We decided that based upon my symptoms and history or drug use, I also ha r a dopamine and norepinephrine deficiency. Now I have ALWAYS had this deficiency and just imagine how much worse I’ve made it by self medicating I with opiates. I return to the doc in four weeks at which time we will assess weather or not to increase the Wellbutrin. My hope is to improve my mood with the Wellbutrin and then begin tapering off the subs. I’m hoping with some relief from my depression it won’t be as tempting for me to play with my dose in an attempt to “feel better “. I also began taking DLPA a
    Few weeks ago to help with dopamine production. I would love support,guidance and accountability from you all. I’ve been. Lurking and appreciate all of your stories! I am awe of some if the strength and determination that I have seen in you all. I hope to have those attributes some time in the near future...thanks everyone who took the time to read. Hope to hear from you all!!!

The forums are extremely slow these days so I can understand why you would want to start multiple threads but please just stick with the one thread you have already started in the Suboxone Treatment forum! Having multiple threads can be very confusing and hard to manage for any members here that respond to you. Leave this thread alone and it will eventually go deep into the archives and not be an issue.Thanks and hope you understand.

mrshl5000 is offline New Member

I do honestly wish you the best with this different kinda trip ur about to embark on. I too am fixin to ship off on a strange trip... Perhaps we'll pass each other along the way. Always be real with yourself and you should be fine.

Beautiful Disaster07 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrshl5000 View Post
    I do honestly wish you the best with this different kinda trip ur about to embark on. I too am fixin to ship off on a strange trip... Perhaps we'll pass each other along the way. Always be real with yourself and you should be fine.
    T
    Hanks so much for commenting!. Being real with yourself sounds so simple, but I think all of us here know it’s not! Good luck on whatever it is you’re preparing to do! I’ll keep an eye out for you on here