• 1 Post By aftaburn
  • 1 Post By Reeray
  • 1 Post By Smilingstorm
  • 1 Post By aftaburn
new member : 5 days clean - after 2 years of surgies
    aftaburn is offline New Member

Default new member : 5 days clean - after 2 years of surgies

hello all,

well, my story - years ago - friends had 30's, one or two now and then, progressed but still had it under control....

1/2/15 I had bilateral Knee Replacements - when I came out of surgery the pain was intense , I quickly stated that I had used recreational oxy in the past - I was put on 30mg IR, every 3-4 hours and 40mg ER every 12 hours - now, after three months my Dr of course wanted to me off the 30's, ( I was off the ER ) - but, I still had pain in my right knee ( that was replaced ) - so , I went to pain management, they wanted to burn off the nerves in my knee! lol, I kinda stopped taking the 30's for a bit, I knew I needed to get better, and thought that the knee pain was normal for a replacement- fast forward to Xmas 2015 - I could barley walk - I was using a cane all the time, my life was go to work come home and lay on the couch - ( I am married, and two kids ) - I was a avid athlete, and Coach my kids in baseball, and football - even with the cane I did....But, something was not right - I finally said to my orthopedic - found out what is wrong, or I am finding a new Dr - he finally took a xray - my right HIP was gone, it was spurring and had cysts - boom, back on the 15's , earliest I could get surgery was in Feb of this year - so from xmas to feb , I went from 15's back to 30's ( 120, every 11 days ) - after surgery I felt great no pain, but I was still getting my prescript - ( my Dr, most likely knew he f;d up and was writing me the scripts to make up for that ) - so, we stated I would start taping, start at 120, and then minus 10 every new prescription, I would of course, eat them - go through a few days of W/d and then start all over ...

So, today, I am 5 days off the a/215's - doing better then I thought - some bathroom fun but, I am doing ok - at work right now, the three day holiday helped - I watched TV and did not do much....

I want to be clean, honestly, I have no choice - I was getting 120 (30:'s) for my co-pay 3$ - and was easy taking 5 at a time, no way possible I could survive trying to keep that up without a script - and I do not want to - I want to be clean, now that I have new knee's and a new hip - I can start working out, I was a iron-man competitor 10 years ago ( now 45 ) - crazy, ...

I am thankful to be pain free - and I hope that my W/d stay the same - not to bad at day 5 , and like I said I am looking forward to tonight to get home and start my walking routine- hell it is start...

The 30's no doubt hurt my marriage- they will do that - but, my wife does know that I did go through two major surgeries- i hope to find happiness again - and not be like - I cant do that without meds, thats the strange part - that I need to overcome, the mental aspect...I am sure you all know this.....

much thank for listening......

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

WOW! You are doing amazingly well coming off of that much and at work and feeling fairly well (I'm sure it's not better than fairly).

We all know and expect the physical acute withdrawal and either we suck it up or we don't. It's the mental part, just like you said, once most of the real physical ugliness is gone. For me, on Day 5, I was just so grateful for the relief I was joyous and thinking the rest is a piece of cake. I wanted to be clean and that would be enough. Ya. It wasn't. I repeated that cycle for many, MANY years. I finally began my recovery by changing everything up and perhaps one of the most important things is that I knew that it was going to take time. My mess didn't happen in 5 days and it wasn't going to be all better in 5 days either.

I started new routines. In the beginning when sleep was still an issue, no matter how long I'd slept when I woke up, I got up. I'd get my first cup of coffee and read the paper or turn the news on. I'd get on here and read and it gave me some inspiration for the day and than I'd rant. I'd promise myself no matter how I felt, no matter what happened, I would not use today. Just today. If I wanted to go off the reservation tomorrow, well I'd worry about that then. I found my way. I found support and I came out of the closet. I am open (mostly) about my addiction and my recovery. I believe in this Forum. It's what got me started and this time I'm over 6 years clean. I also know and fully understand that if I drop my guard, I could be right back to another Day 1 in less than a heart beat.

So...super congratulations. Keep posting and updating. Someone may read your post and it just might be the one that will give someone the courage to face their Day 1. You'll get lots of support here too. Make that post often! All the good stuff and the bad too. There will be others who will pull you off the ledge because there are apt to be times that you'll be looking over the ledge and considering your alternatives. Been there, way too often. I'm glad you're here and that you've told us your story.

Peace,

Cat
    Iluv2smile and Pamela4946 like this.

Bugsmomma is offline Member

Hi aftaburn,
    Congrats on day 5!! I'm so glad you are feeling better!! That sounds like such a horrible thing to go through. You sound like you want this so bad!!

I'm on day 4 of opiate withdrawal, this will be my last. Been addicted to opiates for 10 yrs and have gone through more withdrawals than I can even count. I won't go through my story on your thread, you can check mine out if you feel like reading it's in the "need to talk" forum.

We can be clean buddies and support each other!!

The people here are awesome, very supportive and give great advice.

Congrats again!!

Much love,
    Maggie
    Pamela4946 likes this.

Cat, and Maggie..

wow, just reading what you two wrote - made me get goosebumps - Thank You...

I am heading home from work - I will be posting,,

Maggie- you have a deal l lets be clean buddies......

much love, and respect...
    -chris
    Pamela4946 likes this.

Chris,
    Yay!! We can do this!! I'll look forward to your posts!!

Much love,
    Maggie

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Congratulations!
    This forum definely saves lives..

We never have to use again!

I love Cat and would not even know her in a crowd..
    But she is me
    And I am her..
    We all know what the other is feeling and that is not necessarily true in the real world..

1 person dies every 8 minutes from prescription related circumstances/ overdoses
    It does not have to be one of us!

We just stay clean
    No matter what!
    I too changed. Everything!

My routine
    My playgrounds
    My playmates
    And my toys!

It takes times!
    But we do recover!
    Progress not perfection!
    I am glad you made it here!

Rockin it clean
    In
    2016!
    Bette
    Pamela4946 likes this.

Hey Chris!

How was your day?? How are you feeling? My day was ok but is just about done!!

Much love,
    Maggie

shely13 is offline New Member

Hope you are doing well. Day 10 for me...doing ok.

Hello All,

Today makes day 8 ~! Been very busy lately with my kids baseball - I Coach both of them..

Things are going pretty good, one thing Insomnia~! Really tough to sleep - I find myself taking a hot soak bath at like 2:30AM, then I just toss and turn , could be worse~!

I think I am hitting my stride - 8 days is great , not going back - nope , this will be my last W/D - Thank God....I can't see myself going back ...

I hope everyone is doing good? Keep at it - much love and respect....

How you doing Maggie?

-chris
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aftaburn View Post
    Hello All,

Today makes day 8 ~! Been very busy lately with my kids baseball - I Coach both of them..

Things are going pretty good, one thing Insomnia~! Really tough to sleep - I find myself taking a hot soak bath at like 2:30AM, then I just toss and turn , could be worse~!

I think I am hitting my stride - 8 days is great , not going back - nope , this will be my last W/D - Thank God....I can't see myself going back ...

I hope everyone is doing good? Keep at it - much love and respect....

How you doing Maggie?

-chris
    Hey Chris,
    That's awesome & congrats on day 8!! Ya sleep is always the last thing to come back...grrr!!

I'm on day 7 and going strong!!

Getting ready for the pool at the moment. Have a great day 8 & I'll stop by your thread this evening!!

We got this!!

Maggie
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Hello all,

made it through the weekend - starting on day 11 - Friday night was tough , but once things settled - doing great, the cravings are subsiding , still have some bathroom issue's , and sleeping much better...I do thank , that I was able to use to use some "green" in a bowl - definitely helps....Life is going to be better....

Maggie, I hope all is going great for you~!!!

-chris

Hello all,

made it through the weekend - starting on day 11 - Friday night was tough , but once things settled - doing great, the cravings are subsiding , still have some bathroom issue's , and sleeping much better...I do thank , that I was able to use to use some "green" in a bowl - definitely helps....Life is going to be better....

Maggie, I hope all is going great for you~!!!

-chris
    Hey Chris!
    That's so awesome, good for you!! I'm on day 11 right now and just chugging along!

Talk later!

Maggie
    Stell76 likes this.

Stell76 is offline Junior Member

Just wanted to say you are doing so well bugs or Maggie and you are helping others...keep it up you are almost there Cheers Stell

2 weeks sober, life is good - walking/running 2 miles a day ....much love and respect...

Sumtin2hope4 is offline Member

Hey Chris!! Congrats on two weeks!! I'm almost there! Today is day 12 for me and I just keep pushing through, one day at a time.. Each day that passes does get better! I can't wait until I have enough energy to get back to running.. For now walks will do! Thank you for posting you are giving the rest of us hope that everyday we will get stronger and feel better!!

Thanks again!! Congrats!! Stay strong my friend!
    H
    aftaburn and spacie1985 like this.

wow - cant believe I am over two months clean....

went from 300+mgs a day of oxy to zero~!!!!

No cravings - feeling really good - I havent been on much as I am feeling good, but wanted to jump on today and let everyone know how I am doing - anyone new - it can be done, just have to want it ....

much love and respect,

-chris
    spacie1985 likes this.

Reeray is offline Member

Hey Chris,

Wow! Two months clean and doing great! I am thrilled for you.

You are an inspiration to me and so many others. You should be proud

I'm starting Day 1 tomorrow. I hope I can do as well as you and others here, I have had the privilege to talk to. The support on this site is unbelievable.

Please stop by and update your progress once in a while.

Take care, Reeray
    aftaburn likes this.

Smilingstorm is offline Senior Member

wow - cant believe I am over two months clean....

went from 300+mgs a day of oxy to zero~!!!!

No cravings - feeling really good - I havent been on much as I am feeling good, but wanted to jump on today and let everyone know how I am doing - anyone new - it can be done, just have to want it ....

much love and respect,

-chris
    You are so right! So glad you updated. We all need that hope. So proud of you!
    aftaburn likes this.

Reeray,

Thank You so much - you can do it too~!!! Much respect.....

-chris

Smilingstorm,

Thank You so much it feels wonderful~!!

much respect...

-chris

3+ months clean~!!! nice....-chris
    Gilsmom likes this.