• 1 Post By evildone
  • 1 Post By evildone
  • 1 Post By Tucker63
  • 2 Post By Smilingstorm
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By EOtopkicker
New to the site, need some help.
    Riley1990 is offline Junior Member

Default New to the site, need some help.

Hi everyone,

I've been addicted to oxy for a year now. I take between 80-100mg a day orally (never injected or snorted) and I'm ready to quit. Today I've only taken 20mg and want to try and stay at that for the next week or so and then jump off. I looked into the Thomas recipe and I have l-tyrosine, multivitamins, b-complex, and a limited supply of klonopin and gabapentin. I'm so tired of the cycle (fill script, abuse script, go into wd until next script is ready). My life has become consumed by drugs and I don't care about anything else except getting high. My worst wd symptom has always been restless legs. I get horrible leg cramps and want to chop my legs off every time I'm in wd. The longest I've made it to is day 5 clean and then I always relapse. I'm determined to get off these horrible pills for good and I am ready to put in the work in order to get my life back. How long did most of you feel the physical effects of withdrawal? For those of you who are clean, has your life improved a lot? I am trying to stay positive through this knowing there's a way out. Any words of wisdom or advice is greatly appreciated. I'll also read through some of the other posts to get some advice too

Riley
    Jpkeeper007 likes this.

EOtopkicker is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riley1990 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've been addicted to oxy for a year now. I take between 80-100mg a day orally (never injected or snorted) and I'm ready to quit. Today I've only taken 20mg and want to try and stay at that for the next week or so and then jump off. I looked into the Thomas recipe and I have l-tyrosine, multivitamins, b-complex, and a limited supply of klonopin and gabapentin. I'm so tired of the cycle (fill script, abuse script, go into wd until next script is ready). My life has become consumed by drugs and I don't care about anything else except getting high. My worst wd symptom has always been restless legs. I get horrible leg cramps and want to chop my legs off every time I'm in wd. The longest I've made it to is day 5 clean and then I always relapse. I'm determined to get off these horrible pills for good and I am ready to put in the work in order to get my life back. How long did most of you feel the physical effects of withdrawal? For those of you who are clean, has your life improved a lot? I am trying to stay positive through this knowing there's a way out. Any words of wisdom or advice is greatly appreciated. I'll also read through some of the other posts to get some advice too

Riley
    Riley look up the thomas detox recipe and use potassium for restless legs take about a hour or two before bed it will knock them out [restless legs]. i was doing the same thing get script over use go into withdrawals until refill many many times use the tub as hot as you can stand and soak IT REALLY REALLY HELPS I have been clean 11 days now worst of it was days 4 thru7 then gradually improved slept last night felt great today i did not sleep for ten days but i am coming off subutex over 2 years at 6mgs I FEEL 1000% BETTER my mind has come back SO HANG TOUGH DONT EVER GO BACK THIS IS A MILLLION TIMES BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell yourself you want better and this is it, the pills suck thats what i got started on PRAYING FOR YOU PLEASE PLEASE DONT GO BACK
    Riley1990 likes this.

Smilingstorm is offline Senior Member

Hi. I want to first welcome you to the forums. It takes so much courage to say "I don't want these pills anymore". I am on day 10 so quite a newbie and I have not taken more than 40mg a day. But I will say, 10 days ago.. I took my last one. And if it weren't for this group, I don't know if I could still say the same.
    Two thoughts instantly popped into my mind:
    1) perhaps introduce yourself on the "need to talk" forum if you don't get any responses within the next 12 hours. There is someone names Ricky71 and Cat that will be huge in helping you. I wish I knew how to tag them. Maybe pop into that forum and read their stories or posts.
    2) they suggest either tapering only 10% a day or going cold turkey. The reason they recommend this is that you will be in a drastic and constant state of WD. It's better to do one or the other. Dropping from 80-100 to 20 is a huge drop.

Withdrawals begin almost immediately after your last dose. There are 5 days of pure restless, stinky no good bummer days. But after that, it does get better. Lastly, I wish you much success in beating these darn pills that really only harm us. You can do this!

Just saw EOToppers post! So glad you have a response. It helps to know you aren't alone!

Sincerely,
    Stormy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-28-2016 at 07:21 PM.
    Riley1990 likes this.

evildone is offline Member

Research imodium and opiate withdrawls. Youll thank me later. Taken the right way will for most ppl stop or relieve withdrawls. Been there done that and worked for me. Take about 14 mgs of imodium with give you what you need to get through this. Trust me, it works. Do the research on it. I promise youll be kicking yourself wondering why you didnt know thia already
    Riley1990 likes this.

evildone is offline Member

I am no doctor btw. I just know what ive been through. Research this and i promise you'll be glad you did.
    Riley1990 likes this.

Tucker63 is offline Banned

Hi Riley:
    I am weaning myself off codeine. I went slowly and it does get better. I was in the same boat. I got my prescription; took way more than prescribed; waited until the next prescription, again and again. I finally ended my relationship with my doctor after some 20+ years. I had to. This prevented me from having access. The control these drugs have is all consuming. Take your control back. You can do it. For muscle pains, I use a heating pad a lot. It helps me. I also used Imodium. I have drugs left and I keep them within arms reach because I want to prove to myself I am stronger than they are. I am down to two Tylenol #1 a day which compared to sometimes taking 15 Tylenol #3 a day is pretty good for me. I changed doctors and plan on telling him from the get go that I will not take narcotics unless I absolutely have to. You can do this. I know the withdrawal is horrid; but it goes away. Just keep telling yourself that you want your control back. I'm thinking of you. I know it's hard. Get your control back!
    Riley1990 likes this.

Hey everyone,

Well I tried the taper and failed at that, I can't control myself enough to taper. I ended up still taking my 80mg a day which is so disappointing. So starting tomorrow I will be going cold turkey off these stupid pills. I have 2 left and intend on flushing them and being done with this entire cycle. I'm off until Tuesday so I hope this gives me enough time to get through the worst of it. Thanks for all your replies so far. I'll keep posting as often as possible in hopes that I can someday help someone else.

Hi. Do you want to be free of these pills? If so, congratulations on deciding enough is enough. If not, we get it. More than you know. I will say I am day 11 off of opiates. I took whatever I could buy the last few months. 12 days ago, I took my last 10mg of perc and went cold turkey. I googled WD and landed on this page. Thank heavens, I did. I was ready. I was spending money I didn't have, avoiding a life that is awesome because I was numbed by pill. They never really helped me escape the pain. The didn't. The pain was always there but I had my pills so I thought I was ok.
    If you are ready, we have so many of us to cheer you on! I do not think that you will fail if you truly want to be one day at a time without them.
    If you have flushed. If you are ready... Thomas Recipe or what you can afford to buy of the recipe is strongly recommended. 3-5 days of not so lovely symptoms by far outweigh a life tied to pills.
    Sending you positive vibes of strength and resolution.

Sincerely,
    Stormy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-29-2016 at 08:18 PM.
    Riley1990 and Inmytree like this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Hey everyone,

Well I tried the taper and failed at that, I can't control myself enough to taper. I ended up still taking my 80mg a day which is so disappointing. So starting tomorrow I will be going cold turkey off these stupid pills. I have 2 left and intend on flushing them and being done with this entire cycle. I'm off until Tuesday so I hope this gives me enough time to get through the worst of it. Thanks for all your replies so far. I'll keep posting as often as possible in hopes that I can someday help someone else.
    Hey Riley - welcome to the forum. You've detoxed off the Oxy for 5 days before so you know what you're up against? Actually, day 5 is the over the hump point for most who cold turkey off of fast acting opiates! For the restless legs you can try an OTC supplement called Hyland's Restful Legs? Also, you can supplement potassium which was already mentioned and also a couple of heating pads set on low and wrapped around your legs (the heating pads were used by a member here named Catrina, she said it helped with her restless legs)? Stay hydrated, drinks lots of water and gatorade! Imodium for bathroom issues but there is some danger with that in high amounts so be careful? I see you got some benzos already, only use them for the first few days and only at night so you can get some rest. You don't want a benzo addiction (Oxy detox is a cake walk compared to benzo detox), it can happen pretty fast so be careful with that as well! Get through the first 5 days and you should notice that the worst of the withdrawals will be behind you? You'll still have some issues for a little while but you will be well on your way! Stay the course! Stay POSITIVE! Stay STRONG! You can do this my friend! Keep posting and updating your thread, we are here to support you. I wish you the best of luck on your journey to be free of those evil pills! God bless us all!
    Riley1990 likes this.

EOtopkicker is offline New Member

Hey everyone,

HI Riley when you are so fed up with it and it sounds like you are you can and will quit listen to those of us who have been down the same road you are on it helped and encouraged me to quitting STAY STRONG YOU CAN DO IT!! Keep reading the post HOT BATHS HELP A TON even if you get soggy like i did it will help you win
    Riley1990 likes this.

Hey guys!

Here I am on day 1: so far lots of aches and really tired. Feeling pretty proud of myself though. Got my klonopin and gabapentin in this morning and just laying on the couch taking it easy. I flushed the rest of my oxy down the toilet and it was a relief to know I don't have anymore. I'm so determined to beat this thing. I'm so thankful for everyone's replies, each and everyone of you keep me going. Knowing the end is in sight is keeping me positive. I can't wait until next week when I'm feeling better. I know this will all be worth it. I'll keep posting on how I'm doing. I'm sure later today I'll be feeling pretty bad but thank god for this group and the supportive people in it.

cavalvo is offline New Member

Good for you that is awesome I'm so glad to hear that you're off all the drugs detoxing does stink but it's necessary after you're finished with your detox it will just be a bad memory but try as hard as you can to stay focused and not to relapse I'm so proud of you as a matter of fact oxy is a very hard drug to kick I kicked methadone and benzos clean the only help that I had was the same treatment as you have with a gabardine and the Klonopin you'll feel better quicker than you think good luck and enjoy your sobriety you have no idea how good you're going to feel PS I'm 51 years old so it wasn't really very easy for me at all and I was on methadone for 8 years and benzos for a year straight on and off for 2 years

NoMoreDayOnes is offline New Member

You sound like you have the right mindset. Just gotta let it run its course. It will get worse before it gets better. But it IS doable. 3-5 worst days of your life, but all worth it. I'm on day 5 and finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Try and only use the benzos at night for sleep, and only the first couple of days. Sleep is hard to come by, so get it when you can. Just know that there are many MANY people on here, that have been right where you are at, and got thru it. Hopefully they will stop in, and lend their input. Stay strong!

Checking in on Riley.

Well that was a dud. Fell off the wagon pretty hard after day 1, back on the 80mg a day. I ran dry again so looks like tomorrow will be my day 1 again. Not sure how I'm going to manage this week, I have a very busy week this week. I'm disappointed in myself big time. Feeling pretty low and damn ashamed of myself. I can't seem to stop, even after I flushed those pills. I'm terrified of myself.

Well that was a dud. Fell off the wagon pretty hard after day 1, back on the 80mg a day. I ran dry again so looks like tomorrow will be my day 1 again. Not sure how I'm going to manage this week, I have a very busy week this week. I'm disappointed in myself big time. Feeling pretty low and damn ashamed of myself. I can't seem to stop, even after I flushed those pills. I'm terrified of myself.
    Riley - don't beat yourself up too bad! It has happened to many of us including myself! Read through your thread again, you have a lot of good information in there to help you through the detox? Why did you relapse? Was it to make the withdrawals go away? I'll be honest, it's gonna be very hard to detox and go to work, you're going to be pretty sick for 5 days or so? What are your thoughts? Hang in there, we'll be here to help you through this the best we can! God bless us all!

I couldn't handle the withdrawals, they were so severe. I hate that I didn't last more than a day, it's really depressing. I'm trying to taper myself right now and not doing to well at it. I seem to have no control over this. I keep telling myself I'll only take 60mg today and end up at 80 or higher. I've lost all ambition to do anything and barely want to leave the house. I've also noticed when I first started taking the drugs it helped my anxiety and depression but now it seems to just make it worse. Yet I continue to take them. What is wrong with me?!

Well at least you are still here. In my eyes, that speaks volumes. I had to do the fastest taper because I had no pills left. I decided not to get more and go CT. My safe options were depleted and financially I could not afford one more.

Tapering isn't a bad idea but it won't make the WD go away. Your body will still physically go through a WD once you take the last pill. Ricky is right. You may get pretty sick and need a few days. Or you may not! Keeping busy was my only option. If it's a busy week like mine was during WD, it may be a blessing more than a hindrance. I say this because I had to focus and be present. Pretending to be normal. It made the days go by faster. I would wallow in my sickness at night. It's pretty tough for a few days. But it does get better thereafter.

Having the pills would be too tempting for me. Wishing you some discernment and strength as you make this decision. I promise you won't regret it. It's just getting from point A to B.

Inmytree is offline New Member

Riley, I'm with you- trying to taper my last 30 7.5mg of vicodin, and my last 26 1mg xanax... And it sucks. How are you doing now?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-09-2016 at 04:07 PM.
    Namaste
    >kate

I'm ready now to try again. How bad do you think the withdrawals will be going from 80-100mg to nothing? How long should I take off work? If I do a fast taper would that help at all? At this point I've run out of money and energy. I can't do this anymore. It's killing me emotionally and physically. I need some advice, I have no idea what I'm doing.

GelatoinItaly is offline New Member

Riley,

I am day 8 after ten years and tapering down to 15 MG MS Contin a day. It wasn't easy and it took 6 months but I did it with my doctor's help. The last month at the lowest dose, I began preparing myself for the next step. Honestly, it's not as bad as you believe it will be. I found that once I accepted I wasn't going to feel all that great, but pushed myself to go somewhere or do something it wasn't too bad. It's temporary and will pass.

Stay focused on the things you will now be able to do that you couldn't because of your addiction. It will be liberating, no more shame and fear. You can do this, take it 1 minute at a time if you have to.

I'm ready now to try again. How bad do you think the withdrawals will be going from 80-100mg to nothing? How long should I take off work? If I do a fast taper would that help at all? At this point I've run out of money and energy. I can't do this anymore. It's killing me emotionally and physically. I need some advice, I have no idea what I'm doing.
    Riley - I commend you for not giving up and wanting to try again! Please go back to the start of your thread and read every post? All the information you are seeking is already there! And NO, a fast taper will not help, it will only prolong the detox! If you're 110% committed to doing this then flush the remaining pills and start your day 1 now!!! I'm wishing you all the best, you can do this my friend! God bless us all!

zebra1961 is offline Member

Riley Please do not be scared i know these are just words but you can get this done we have been on the same road your and the only reason we went thru the first 5 days and then beyond is because we are totally fed up with being a slave to drug(s), it sounds to me like you are right there ready to jump off your drug. The withdrawals are only as tough as you let them be. The physical part for me was controlled by the Thomas plan benos for the first five days ( honestly i dont think they did much for me but everyone is different ( i am talking about the benzos ) HOT BATHS knocked the physical part of it out or either calmed me down and made them easy to tolerate. now the mental part exercise straighten my head out every time , and i forgot to say use benzos sparingly and only first five days then get off them pronto i did not taper on those i just quit using them ( I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE ADDICTIONS TO DEAL WITH SO DONT STAY ON THE BENZOS ) I learned by reading post from others then doing and they know what works and what dont work great post here from others read them they kept me going and they will you too!! and do not forget the power in prayer it carried me and it will you too! God wants us to be well not numb to him and this world like i was HANG TOUGH YOU'LL MAKE IT when you are ready nothing will stop you hope this helps Good Luck even though you wont need that you'll get it done when your ready and youll know when your ready. Almost forgot in my ramblings exercise controlled my mind and thoughts, So when you think your at the end of the line in your mind get out and exercise walking bike swim whatever you can do for approx. 30 min it will take care of the mental part of it, you wont feel like but force yourself you will be glad you did.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-11-2016 at 07:52 AM.

Thanks guys. I am going to attempt one last taper. I have enough to take 40mg a day for a week and then 20 mg a day for a week and then jump off. For me the hardest part is the mental part. When I'm not high I feel this sense of complete boredom. I am a busy person so this shouldn't be the case, but I always feel like I have this emptiness inside. I know I have to really control myself on this taper or I'm cutting myself off cold turkey. What do you guys do with the boredom (if you had or have this issue). If I feel like abusing is excersize the best strategy? I'm trying to relearn good behaviours and stop myself from reverting into my drug addict ways. I really want to beat this thing. What do you all think?

Have you heard that saying "idle hands are the devil's playthings"? I keep repeating that to myself when I feel restless, depressed or "something is missing". I make myself do something to keep from dwelling on the negative feelings. Some of those things have been making the bed, dishes, showering and taking a walk. Whatever it takes to get through the next hour.

I can relate to how you are feeling, especially feeling like something is missing. Acknowledge your feelings, but remember they are just temporary.

Best Wishes!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-11-2016 at 06:43 PM.

Feeling really low tonight. I took 130mg of oxy today. 130mg!!! So my plan for tapering isn't going to work. I have absolutely NO control over myself around drugs. Here's my question: I'm in half decent shape, I'm a smoker, I have moderately high BP 130/85ish, I eat a lot of garbage. I had recent bloodwork done and Besides being anemic, I'm in good shape health wise. Will it be safe for me to bite the bullet and cold turkey this? I still have my clonidine and gabapentin as well as klonopin. I can stock up on some Gatorade and immodium. What do you all think? I know it's going to be 5-7 days from hell but can someone safely detox cold turkey from 100Mg+ of oxy? I'm ready guys, I have never been more ready than I am now. I don't want to die from my addition and I know one of these days I'll take too much and OD (I'm a small guy weighing only 140 pounds). I want this so bad, more than I've ever wanted anything. I'm crying writing this because I'm scared I'll never make it. I feel so trapped in this endless cycle. I wish I had the time to go to a detox centre and get help but I just can't possibly do that. I feel so ashamed and depressed. I just want it to stop.

Riley,

Freedom is yours to take. It's absolutely possible for you to successfully detox and start taking your life back! Maybe it is time to talk to someone you can trust to help keep you accountable. You may need to just take a leap and go cold turkey, it won't last forever.

Keep posting and reading.

Best Wishes!

zebra1961 is offline Member

You'll make it just like we did we have went thru the exact same things you are feeling, so its not hopeless when you get fed up with drugs and all its stealing from you your family your job your kids if you have any your parents, you will quit just like we have and YOU WILL MAKE IT AND WIN!!! DO not dwell on the 5-7 of hell, its really not that bad it will be over before you know it if you stay busy force yourself to exercise dont lay around and look at the clock and calender. look up the Thomas recipe and get a good Dr. to give you some meds to help with withdrawals the first 5 days then quit them you dont need anymore addictions Hot soaks and exercise when your down really help ask questions lots of good people here been there done that that will help. God and prayer are miracle workers [ carried me through ]
    you can do it stay strong get rid of the pills or you will never quit, its uncomfortable but doable keep us posted.