Newly pregnant, opioid addict.
    Mommabear_1313 is offline New Member

Default Newly pregnant, opioid addict.

I"ll start out by saying i'm new here but desperately needing help. I have an addiction to pain pills; hydrocodone & percs is what i do the most but ive also sone oxy or diluadas (sp?) If thats all i can find. I might do two tabs/percs a day or I might do 10. Usually only 2-3 but it's been 6 months without missing a day. My husband and I talked about my issue last week & i promised i'd stop...i didn't make it a full day before the withdrawals kicked in an i gave up. Fast forward to today, I found out I was pregnant tonight. I obviously want to quit for my child, with my other kids I didn't even drink caffeine. I take pregnancy very seriously & want the best for my child. I'm jus scared of the articles i"ve seen about cold turkey being bad for the baby & possibly causing miscarriages. (I had a miscarriage a few months ago after trying to quit cold turkey,which ultimately caused severe depression and my problem to worsen) I'm trying to put off going to the doctor til this is behind me for fear of CPS getting involved, I really do want to get clean as quick as possible in the safest way for my unborn child and myself. Any ideas on weaning myself off, quickly tapering subs, cold turkey, anything at this point to ease the withdrawal pains and not cause harm to the innocent baby growing inside of me that didn't ask for this mess.

Mommabear_1313 is offline New Member

I should also add i usually average 2-3 not because I want or don't need more that's jus the only amount of money I can usually hide formy husband a week and have some everyday.

jedie50 is offline Banned

Hi Momma.
    I am in no way qualified to answer your questions on opiates and pregnancy. I think a prudent thing to do would be to get to your OB and spill it. Now. They are bound by hipa laws. I have a I'll use the term friend who is was on methadone all through pregnancy. Her beautiful bright healthy normal baby is thriving. Now anyway. She spent the first several weeks in Nic U. A premie going through WD. She has custody and I in no way judge her. It is what it is. We all have our sad. Do what you know to be right not what's easy or safe.
    I wish tonight best

Peace

J