Night of day 5 sub w/d. Can't stop thinking of Doc.
    rezzen is offline New Member

Default Night of day 5 sub w/d. Can't stop thinking of Doc.

So I've posted here before took time off work and failed and went back to my halfway happy life getting by with subs and working the 40 a week. I recently left/lost my job. My wife also take subs and is working 2 jobs to pick up the slack I've created but we both agreed the first step is for one of us to get off. I've never wanted it so bad. I injected Dilaudid and bridged with subs for about 4-5 years as to keep a job. Never go to work too high ya know? I've always considered myself a responsible junkie. Got sick of the D's and made the switch to subs full-time usually 1mg twice daily. Then for a while I was injecting the subs as well actually leading up to the week before the week. The morning after I shot it last(w/ds come quicker) I took a 1mg piece. Confirmed that I no longer had employment and immediately decided today was the day I would do what I've thought of for years. Days 1-4 have been a cakewalk but today it got a lil rough. When I say a lil rough I mean I'm out riding my bike to try to sweat it out and only symptoms are body ache and rls( my most hated symptom),sweats and a little stomach pain. Oh the the dreary feeling that my world is ending naturally. But the worst is I want my d.o.c. I haven't touched Dilaudid in 6 months or more but I want the instant relief that it would provide. There is sub in the cabinet and that is far from on my mind. Also I can't shake the thought if I get through this I can have one as a reward. I know how screwed up that is and if I really wanted it I wouldn't have thoughts like that right?

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rezzen View Post
    So I've posted here before took time off work and failed and went back to my halfway happy life getting by with subs and working the 40 a week. I recently left/lost my job. My wife also take subs and is working 2 jobs to pick up the slack I've created but we both agreed the first step is for one of us to get off. I've never wanted it so bad. I injected Dilaudid and bridged with subs for about 4-5 years as to keep a job. Never go to work too high ya know? I've always considered myself a responsible junkie. Got sick of the D's and made the switch to subs full-time usually 1mg twice daily. Then for a while I was injecting the subs as well actually leading up to the week before the week. The morning after I shot it last(w/ds come quicker) I took a 1mg piece. Confirmed that I no longer had employment and immediately decided today was the day I would do what I've thought of for years. Days 1-4 have been a cakewalk but today it got a lil rough. When I say a lil rough I mean I'm out riding my bike to try to sweat it out and only symptoms are body ache and rls( my most hated symptom),sweats and a little stomach pain. Oh the the dreary feeling that my world is ending naturally. But the worst is I want my d.o.c. I haven't touched Dilaudid in 6 months or more but I want the instant relief that it would provide. There is sub in the cabinet and that is far from on my mind. Also I can't shake the thought if I get through this I can have one as a reward. I know how screwed up that is and if I really wanted it I wouldn't have thoughts like that right?

You're jumping from 2mg of sub which is still alot believe it or not! Most people taper all the way down to .25mg or less before making the final jump! Then, of course for long-term sobriety one must be and stay active in a twelve step program! Subs have a very long half-life and that is why your symptoms are just starting to get worse! You may consider a slow taper like the one created by the late Robert325? Basically it calls for 25% reductions every 4-7 days. Here's a direct link to Robert's sub therapy/taper plan -
    https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...apy-66109.html

Do you have any additional thoughts and/or concerns going forward? Update when you can? Best of luck to you... God bless us all!

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    You're jumping from 2mg of sub which is still alot believe it or not! Most people taper all the way down to .25mg or less before making the final jump! Then, of course for long-term sobriety one must be and stay active in a twelve step program! Subs have a very long half-life and that is why your symptoms are just starting to get worse! You may consider a slow taper like the one created by the late Robert325? Basically it calls for 25% reductions every 4-7 days. Here's a direct link to Robert's sub therapy/taper plan -
    https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...apy-66109.html

Do you have any additional thoughts and/or concerns going forward? Update when you can? Best of luck to you... God bless us all!

Also need to add that you MUST STOP shooting up the subs if you decide to get back on them! That act alone probably has alot to do with the dilaudid cravings? In whatever you choose I wish you all the best! God bless us all!

rezzen is offline New Member

Yea I know I'm a hypochondriac anyways so I freak out about the damage I'm doing. We'll it's been over 100 hours since my last 1mg dose and I'm not Gunna give in to the cravings and I'm not Gunna give up. I heard once a doctor said only about 15 in 100 people can make it thru a detox off opiates outside of a clinical setting. And it may be weird but I want the experience. After 7 years since I first stuck a needle in my arm I'm gunna be free. Anything that happens from here is worth it. Weed helps a lot not Gunna lie.