Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Randy35
No time like the present! My rapid detox off opiates using suboxone short term.
    3rdtimesthecharm is offline New Member

Default No time like the present! My rapid detox off opiates using suboxone short term.

Just wanted to say thanks for confirmation from some archive posts lol. I new a short term detox with subs was possible! Im 3 days off opiates and 2 days on subs. Started with about 2.5 ml to stabilize and 1.5 before bed. 3.0ml total today. Its not totally painless but if you can make it 24hr into ct this is a walk in the park. Ill be sure to keep an update of my day by day.

I know im a couple days in but as far as any struggles....waiting to make sure i was in sufficient wd for the intro has been the worst. Ive actually woken up the last 2 days with more energy than ive had in 3 years. (For the most part)

Ive been on opiates at some level or another for almost 6 years and a consistent heavy user for 2+(closer to 3) ive gone ct twice with success ranging from 2month to 3. Ive never attempted getting clean with the intention of never using again....it way alway the dream of being a weekend warrior again (with i was able to maintain for over 3 years)

That the difference this time...im done with this and at the end if need be am prepared to go sick....im just hopeful i get this lunch for free (or at least 1/2 price)

For me it started with pain management and spiraled out of control from the first time i discovered you could crush an snort a hydro....it was out of control before that but those where what put me from a 50mg oxy a day guy to well over 150mg hydro + 120mg oxy (as my base i like to call it) then there were time with dilaudid and sulfates. Even at the highest of my abuse it never got close to those Sunday night with 1or2 percs.

After all my carelessness and selflessness im lucky enough to have came to the reality without the harsh lessons....i have lost anything other than disposable income and possible long-term health problems hah and for that im thankful because at this rate in a year or 2 if i was still alive i know this would almost certainly not be. At the end of the day its not about saying what you want...its about making it happen. Theres is no excuse other than our lack of willpower and accountability. Make the changes even if you think you've already lost it all....if you're reading this you most certainly have alot more to lose!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdtimesthecharm View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for confirmation from some archive posts lol. I new a short term detox with subs was possible! Im 3 days off opiates and 2 days on subs. Started with about 2.5 ml to stabilize and 1.5 before bed. 3.0ml total today. Its not totally painless but if you can make it 24hr into ct this is a walk in the park. Ill be sure to keep an update of my day by day.

I know im a couple days in but as far as any struggles....waiting to make sure i was in sufficient wd for the intro has been the worst. Ive actually woken up the last 2 days with more energy than ive had in 3 years. (For the most part)

Ive been on opiates at some level or another for almost 6 years and a consistent heavy user for 2+(closer to 3) ive gone ct twice with success ranging from 2month to 3. Ive never attempted getting clean with the intention of never using again....it way alway the dream of being a weekend warrior again (with i was able to maintain for over 3 years)

That the difference this time...im done with this and at the end if need be am prepared to go sick....im just hopeful i get this lunch for free (or at least 1/2 price)

For me it started with pain management and spiraled out of control from the first time i discovered you could crush an snort a hydro....it was out of control before that but those where what put me from a 50mg oxy a day guy to well over 150mg hydro + 120mg oxy (as my base i like to call it) then there were time with dilaudid and sulfates. Even at the highest of my abuse it never got close to those Sunday night with 1or2 percs.

After all my carelessness and selflessness im lucky enough to have came to the reality without the harsh lessons....i have lost anything other than disposable income and possible long-term health problems hah and for that im thankful because at this rate in a year or 2 if i was still alive i know this would almost certainly not be. At the end of the day its not about saying what you want...its about making it happen. Theres is no excuse other than our lack of willpower and accountability. Make the changes even if you think you've already lost it all....if you're reading this you most certainly have alot more to lose!

Welcome to the forum!

Did you induct on 3mg or 4mg of subs? The math doesn't add up above? Either dose puts you in great shape. We see way too many come here on huge doses between 8-24mgs per day. Too many sub doctors put patients behind the 8 ball right from the start. Glad it wasn't you.

We have a great sub therapy plan here. You might be aware of it seeig as you've been reading older posts. I'll give the link just in case below -
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

You mentioned using Suboxone "short term" in your headline. Not sure how long you consideredder that to be, but one thing to keep in mind is to use subs long enough to get over your addictive ways. A short term sub detox hardly every produces positive results, long term. Relapses happen often if on and off the sub too fast. Not saying it can't work, just the odds of success is lower.

Our sub plan takes about 6-8 weeks give or take a week or so either way. That's usually the right time frame for most of us. Took me a bit longer than that to get over my addiction. Let us know how long you're planning to be on the subs. Help and support is here for you no matter what.

Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-13-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    NikkiLP likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdtimesthecharm View Post

Welcome to the forum. Not to be negative or a "Debbie Downer" but regardless of what you have read, fast sub tapers rarely work out well in the end! Using subs in the wrong manner could cause more harm than good! Sure, the subs will get you past your original oxy withdrawal but you'll most likely still have to withdrawal from the sub when you quit that? Also, a fast taper doesn't give you sufficient time so you can deal with your addictive behaviors! Robert's sub therapy/taper plan that is used here lasts about 6-8 weeks from start to finish and if followed correctly can make things quite painless when you make your final jump off the subs! Here's a link to Robert's plan - https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Maybe a fast taper will work for you but I don't recommend it especially for long-term success? Hopefully Randy and/or Bette will stop by your thread as well, they both have a lot of experience with subs and using Robert's sub taper plan successfully.

I wish you the best of luck in whichever way you choose to use the subs? Keep us updated and let us know how everything goes? Take care... God bless us all!

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Lol... Seems that Randy and I were posting to you at the same time! Randy, we posted the same time on another thread this morning as well! And I see that you and Cat did the same thing on another thread also!

Hey guys.

First day was a total of 4mg and the second full day was 3mg....both days with a 2/3 in the morning and the rest around dinner time or before bed.

My reason for the short term approach is im trying to avoid having enough sub in my system to have a hard wd. If im unable to make it on the short term i have more than enough to start over and try Roberts plan. I have more fear of replacing the oxy habit/dependency with subs...just wanna get to day one as fast as possible with as much easy as possible. That said i know things can take time...but i was prepared for a ct path this is just a bonus. I know this is more mind than matter and i know i have what it takes....ive been finished for a long time...as pathetic as it sounds ive been more a prisoner than a addict. If it wasn't for the physical repercussion and the need to keep a business running i would have been done long ago. (Easy to say i know lol)

Today will be 1.5 in the morning and 1 probably in the next couple hours. Other than than some stomach problems ive had little issues. Good energy (one i get up) some problems with sleep but ones im asleep i stay asleep until its time for work. And no desire to pick up!

Im prepared for discomfort and to be truthful expect those days to come. Just trying my best to schedule my jump a couple days before i have some time off work.

Ive gone the ct route a couple times and the relapses always came from influence that is no longer in my life. The influences i have now are aware and here for me (im thankful an know not everyone is a lucky)

In short so far this has been better than i could have wished for!

Forgot to mention my plan.

I plan to keep cutting down every day until i hit .5 or .25 and jump. I have it on track so i should have some time off after the jump. Probably 5 more days depending how im feeling and how much i cut off

Another good day down. 2mg today 1.25 in the morning and .75 shortly. Excellent appetite and energy. Zero complaints or cravings to head back to destroying my life. Just wrapping up at the shop and looking forward to dinner and relaxing.

Funny as im posting this Clapton cocian comes on....drugs are truly evil...or at least dependency is!

Ill check back later!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-09-2017 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Cant spell for >>>>

Another day down. 1.5mg split in two again. Feeling good with a few points of low energy...but it was the busiest day ive had so far. Planning on 1 mg tomorrow. 5 the next day and .25 for my last day. Ill be back to let anyone who might be interested how im making out and if its doable...the big question will be how i feel off the sub....im more than looking forward to be done. With my ct detox's by day 7or9 i was back to 80-90%....so the original wd should be past....we will know soon!

For those wondering....no i didn't get any Clapton lol